PDA

View Full Version : 10 years since the passing of the British Bulldog

Autobahn
05-19-2012, 06:03 AM
Can't believe he was only 39...always thought he was older when he passed away.

What are everyones thoughts and memories of Davey Boy Smith? Did you like him and his character?

whiteyford
05-19-2012, 06:21 AM
He was bigger than Hogan in the UK in the early 90s, had to love him.

RP
05-19-2012, 06:41 AM
He probably has a muscular corpse

Gertner
05-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Fantastic tag team wrestler. One of the best ever. Never really got into his singles career.

Damndirty
05-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Pissed at WWE for screwing his son over. Great sign of respect, the focking arseholes!

Taker it Easy
05-19-2012, 10:56 AM
R.I.P Bulldog.

http://i.imgur.com/vb5Q6.jpg

You were a favorite of my youth, or a classic of my youth. Unknown as to which yet you were inseparable from the glory that was wrestling from my youth.

You were awesome in the Attitude era and you are surely awesome in the afterlife.

Bulldog, I did not know you yet I might feel comfortable in wagering money that you were a decent guy. Married into the Harts and accepted like a blood relative.

Your parting is tragic yet I am comfortable in the knowledge that Vince McMahon Sr. is currently booking you and Macho Man as the greatest tag team of the afterlife.

You were a huge guy who could move and wrestle. I am happy that you had your big moment selling a show.

I know your spirit and soul is jolly because Owen, John Lennon and Paul McCartney (taker it easy :)) are absolutely ribbing you in the afterlife.

Today I shall celebrate and honor the glory of your quads, skills, mindset, vocal performance and legacy. Here is to my cup not having a chance to be filled.

-Cheers
Taker it Easy

DLVH84
05-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Davey Boy was phenomenal. Best mix of power, speed, agility, and ability.

Anybody Thrilla
05-19-2012, 01:54 PM
I loved the Bulldog until he started wrestling in jeans. Summerslam 92's main event is an all-time classic.

Blakeamus
05-19-2012, 02:21 PM
I loved the Bulldog until he started wrestling in jeans. Summerslam 92's main event is an all-time classic.

:y:

Blakeamus
05-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Loved that stalling suplex he would do! I could never forget his match with the Warlord and he held him up for so long. Amazed me as a kid.

XL
05-19-2012, 02:40 PM
R.I.P Bulldog.

http://i.imgur.com/vb5Q6.jpg

You were a favorite of my youth, or a classic of my youth. Unknown as to which yet you were inseparable from the glory that was wrestling from my youth.

You were awesome in the Attitude era and you are surely awesome in the afterlife.

Bulldog, I did not know you yet I might feel comfortable in wagering money that you were a decent guy. Married into the Harts and accepted like a blood relative.

Your parting is tragic yet I am comfortable in the knowledge that Vince McMahon Sr. is currently booking you and Macho Man as the greatest tag team of the afterlife.

You were a huge guy who could move and wrestle. I am happy that you had your big moment selling a show.

I know your spirit and soul is jolly because Owen, John Lennon and Paul McCartney (taker it easy :)) are absolutely ribbing you in the afterlife.

Today I shall celebrate and honor the glory of your quads, skills, mindset, vocal performance and legacy. Here is to my cup not having a chance to be filled.

-Cheers
Taker it Easy
Did TIE just kill off Paul McCartney!?

Ultra Mantis
05-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Taker It Easy is a conspiracy theorist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead

Shisen Kopf
05-19-2012, 06:47 PM
British Bulldog was good. Probably the 3rd best rassler from the Commonwealth.

Keith
05-19-2012, 09:53 PM
I loved the Bulldog until he started wrestling in jeans.

Didn't he job to Chyna while wearing jeans?

Damndirty
05-21-2012, 12:01 PM
I actually liked the whole braided deal he was donning. They should've had him do that with the jeans.

PrettyCool
05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Wow it seems like it was more than 10 years ago :( RIP

Stickman
05-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Loved him and the suplex. Seemed to decline when he went to wcw.

DLVH84
05-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Loved him and the suplex. Seemed to decline when he went to wcw.

I actually liked his first stint in WCW, where he teamed with Sting and feuding with Vader. I believe his second stint there wasn't as successful.

Anybody Thrilla
05-21-2012, 02:31 PM
I remember him being involved in some arm wrestling tournament in his first stint in WCW against some fat dudes with masks. Colossal Kong or some shit. I think maybe Vader and Rick Rude had something to do with this. I'm sure DLVH has all the details.

DLVH84
05-21-2012, 05:59 PM
It was called the Jesse Ventura Invitational Strongest Arm Tournament, which was usually held on WCW Worldwide late in the year.

Actually, Davey Boy did beat a Colossal Kong named Awesome Kong (not the woman now called Kharma). It was before his semi-final with Vader that Davey Boy got attacked by Rick Rude (more build-up to their proposed match at Starrcade '93, before Smith got fired) and injured his arm, which helped Vader beat Smith.

Nicky Fives
05-21-2012, 06:30 PM
one of many wrestling talents that left too soon...... :(

Zeeboe
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I remember when I was eight-years old back in 1991 seeing him wrestle at a WWF house show in a small town in Texas. I was in the front row and I stuck my hand out to get a high-five. He walked pass me and didn't give me a high-five, BUT his arm ran into my hand, which I seriously thought was cool. :) I didn't hold him not high-fiving me against him at all. (He probably just didn't see me.) I was always a big Bulldog fan and always will be.

Anybody Thrilla
10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
I remember him being involved in some arm wrestling tournament in his first stint in WCW against some fat dudes with masks. Colossal Kong or some shit. I think maybe Vader and Rick Rude had something to do with this. I'm sure DLVH has all the details.

It was called the Jesse Ventura Invitational Strongest Arm Tournament, which was usually held on WCW Worldwide late in the year.

Actually, Davey Boy did beat a Colossal Kong named Awesome Kong (not the woman now called Kharma). It was before his semi-final with Vader that Davey Boy got attacked by Rick Rude (more build-up to their proposed match at Starrcade '93, before Smith got fired) and injured his arm, which helped Vader beat Smith.

:lol: