PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Gimmicks in Wrestling Preliminary Match: Tag Teams/Stables

BizarroKing
05-23-2012, 09:16 PM
So this is the preliminary round for the final spot in the "Worst Gimmicks" tournament. Whoever 'wins' this poll will snatch the final spot in the tournament which will take place shortly after this one.

So of the 7 lame stables, who will get the vote for the lamest, silliest, and most bizzare gimmick?

The Dicks: Chippendale Dancers with lame-ass suspenders
York Foundation: A Excel sheet that would lead them to victory and supposedly a computer that helped them win/cheat
The Oddities: Golga, Kurrgan, and the Giant Silva danced around like a bunch of goofs with Luna and the Insane Clown Posse
Spirit Squad: 5 male cheerleaders that feuded with DX
American Males: Buff Bagwell and Scotty Riggs dressed like the Dicks and had the worst theme song....EVER!
The Ding Dongs: You can see the video below for yourself...
The Dudley Family: Featured a bunch of stereotypes in tie-dye and glasses from ECW

DLVH84
05-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Ding Dongs, hands down.

Droford
05-23-2012, 09:38 PM
vote for Dicks!

mmm..

Seth82
05-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Ding Dongs

here they are by the way

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Buu3XjhxNXM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Buu3XjhxNXM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

el bobbo
05-23-2012, 10:28 PM
I hated Spirit Squad. Congrats on making an awesome thread BizarroKing.

Emperor Smeat
05-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Ding Dongs.

Pretty annoying tag team due to the constant bell ringing during their matches in WCW I think.

XCaliber
05-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Who is it?

Cuse8
05-24-2012, 09:46 AM
i voted for the oddities..they were the like the short bus kids on speed..a total disaster everytime they were all in the ring together

Ultra Mantis
05-24-2012, 11:23 AM
All of them are worse than Papa Shango that's for sure.

Ultra Mantis
05-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Also not sure who most of them are so I'm voting for not as Buff Bagwell.

Hanso Amore
05-24-2012, 03:48 PM
You should include a description of what the bad gimmick was and why it was nominated in the OP for the younger folks who didnt know.

The York Foundation had an excel spreadsheet that would lead them to victory....

Immortal Moose
05-24-2012, 04:18 PM
I went with the Spirit Squad but I almost picked the Ding Dongs.

ThatsMyEagerFace
05-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Ding Dongs

here they are by the way

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Buu3XjhxNXM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Buu3XjhxNXM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

What the fuckin' shit.

CSL
05-24-2012, 05:37 PM
any of you voting Dudleys, Spirit Squad or American Males need to take a look at yourselves in the mirror you wrestling fascists

Streamer
05-24-2012, 06:03 PM
I votes fro York Foundaeration cz I never has have herd of them?

el bobbo
05-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Nothin' that my partner Mike Romero likes better than a couple of dicks:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cp9pWn5ISnE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gertner
05-24-2012, 06:16 PM
The Spirit Squad were awesome. Their gimmick alone was a heat magnet.

DLVH84
05-24-2012, 09:07 PM
I votes fro York Foundaeration cz I never has have herd of them?

Are you kidding, that group introduced us to the horny little she-devil herself.

KaosDarksol
05-24-2012, 11:36 PM
The dicks penis named stables just don't work

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-25-2012, 01:05 AM
Vote for the York Foundation. Yeah Terri was pretty hot later on, but the gimmick was shit.

Alexandra York found some old talent and changed their names to be more sophisticated. Then she used a shitty computer to program their abilities against the abilities of their opponents. Thus she could determine how long the matches should take and that her guy should win. York would come down to the ring with something that looked like one of those type and speech things from ET.

York Foundation is responsible for the breaking up of one of the greatest tag teams of all time: The Rock n' Roll Express. It also made us watch way too many matches with "The Computerized Man of the 90's" Terrance Taylor. Ricky Morton betrayed Robert to become "Richard Morton." Then it forced Taylor to become the "Taylor Made Man" when the gimmick was finished. It also pretty much killed whatever push Tommy Wildfire Rich had as he was turned into the lame Thomas Rich.

This gimmick pretty much turned everybody involved with it into absolute shit except for Terri and she was only saved cause she married Dustin. Also Mike Rotunda survived the gimmick cause he had the good sense to quit before it got out of hand to be the great IRS. IRS is not wrestlecrap whatever RD Reynolds says.

Keith
05-25-2012, 01:43 AM
The American Males theme song was awesome.

Also, does anyone remember the WCW tag team "Men at Work"?

Tom Guycott
05-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Ha. "Mike Rotunga"

Picturing David O. dressed like IRS wearing glasses and acting like he's reading a Wall Street Journal... a Michael Wallstreet Journal, if you will.

In all honesty, you shouldn't exactly exempt Bubba, D-Von, or Spike from the Dudley equation... what, with Buh-Buh's "speech impediment" that carried over to WWE for a hot minute, Devon doing "everything he can" to turn the semi-sympathetic face heel (to go on to become one of the most decorated Tag Teams evar) and then there's Little Spike Dudley... Jesus, his name is LSD and he acted like a tard who pretty much dropped 3 too many tabs.

Also, as far as the American Males go, it wasn't AS bad a gimmick as you are making it out to be in hindsight. Yeah, it'd be pretty brutal if someone did that like NOW, but think about when this was.

And, how are the Oddities on here but not ICP when they were in WCW?

Or the No Limit Soliders, for that matter??? They were pretty fucking terrible. This inclueds Konnan, as it was during his time where his screentime/ringtime consisted of the following formula:
a)comes to rinig b)talks shit on the mic c) gets his ass handed to him either by being jumped due to his promo OR losing a match to the guy he just called a "cranberry".

With all that said, though, eeeeeeyeah, the Ding Dongs get my vote.

Seth82
05-25-2012, 02:42 AM
just gonna leave this here

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yKzK-mGFUyI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yKzK-mGFUyI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-25-2012, 04:31 AM
\o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\ \o/ /o\

American Males! American Males! American Males! American Males! American Males! American Males!

Keith
05-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Big men, tiny sunglasses. So 90's.

K.Smoke
05-25-2012, 07:44 AM
I was stuck between the stippers (dicks) and the dummies (dingdongs) went with the dingdongs because dicks had better music and u could at least identify them.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Anything with Buff Bagwell should never be included in any negative tournaments.