PDA

View Full Version : Friends Finally

thebitch
05-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Who's watching the Friends Finally?

and, if you're a friends fan, which episode and season are your favorite and why?

Boondock Saint
05-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Finale.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-06-2004, 08:55 PM
never seen it

da_king
05-06-2004, 09:02 PM
<font color="#ccffcc">
i'm gonna pass on that one, talk about over-exposure.

</font>

Loose Cannon
05-06-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm watching it.

el fregadero
05-06-2004, 09:47 PM
I think the show is mad overrated, but I might catch a few minutes of it.

Penner
05-06-2004, 11:05 PM
IM FINALLY WATCHING THE FINALLY

Champion of Europa
05-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Overrated show.

The Icon of Elisim
05-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Its overrated like crazy but its good compared to every other lousy sitcome on tv

road doggy dogg
05-06-2004, 11:41 PM
I watched it, it was kinda lame, but had a couple funny moments

Loose Cannon
05-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Let's get some postive comments on this thread.

I LOVE FREINDS AND THINK IT IS THE GREATEST SHOW OF ALL-TIME. There, I feel better now.

Heyman
05-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Can someone give me a brief re-cap of what happened?

Heyman
05-06-2004, 11:47 PM
I watched it, it was kinda lame, but had a couple funny moments

:lol:

you have no right to call ANYTHING lame.

The CyNick
05-06-2004, 11:52 PM
I'm not the biggest Friends fan, but I watch it from time to time (at least the re-runs anyway).

I thought the finale was a safe ending. They didn't do anything really shocking (okay maybe the twins thing was a shock, but does it really matter?), and they just basically tied up all the running angles form the show. But they didn't try to shock people like say Roseanne or Seinfeld did, and it wasn't a flat endning like say Married With Children.

It was the right move to put Rachel and Ross together at the end because that was the original big angle from the show, and its played out over the 10 years that the series ran. Its kinda like ending a Wrestlemania with the babyafce going over for the title, you expect it, but its the right finish and makes the series end on a satisfying note.

Not the best episode of all time, but a solid ending to a great show.

Funniest part had to be Ross talking about the break at the end, that had me rolling.

Heyman
05-06-2004, 11:55 PM
I'm not the biggest Friends fan, but I watch it from time to time (at least the re-runs anyway).

I thought the finale was a safe ending. They didn't do anything really shocking (okay maybe the twins thing was a shock, but does it really matter?), and they just basically tied up all the running angles form the show. But they didn't try to shock people like say Roseanne or Seinfeld did, and it wasn't a flat endning like say Married With Children.

It was the right move to put Rachel and Ross together at the end because that was the original big angle from the show, and its played out over the 10 years that the series ran. Its kinda like ending a Wrestlemania with the babyafce going over for the title, you expect it, but its the right finish and makes the series end on a satisfying note.

Not the best episode of all time, but a solid ending to a great show.

Funniest part had to be Ross talking about the break at the end, that had me rolling.

Anything else significant happen?

p.s. LOL @ wrestling analogy.

The CyNick
05-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Can someone give me a brief re-cap of what happened?

Monica and Chandler had twins (boy and girl) instead of just one kid like they thought.

Pheobe and Mike (I forget his name) decided to have kids in the future

Joey bought a baby chick and duck for Monica and Chandler's new house, but ended up keeping them in his own place.

The foozball table was destroyed by Monica because the baby chick and duck got caught inside, and Chandler and Joey couldn't destroy it.

Ross chased Rachel who was leaving for Paris, he got to her expressed his love for her, but she decided to get on the plane anyway. Ross goes home, Rachel ends up coming back to his apartment (after getting off the plane just ebfore take-off) and they decide to be together afterall.

It ended with them talking in Monica's empty apartment, and they decided to go get coffee.

el fregadero
05-06-2004, 11:58 PM
I didn't watch it. :-\

Heyman
05-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Monica and Chandler had twins (boy and girl) instead of just one kid like they thought.

Joey bought a baby chick and duck for Monica and Chandler's new house, but ended up keeping them in his own place.

The foozball table was destroyed by Monica because the baby chick and duck got caught inside, and Chandler and Joey couldn't destroy it.

Ross chased Rachel who was leaving for Paris, he got to her expressed his love for her, but she decided to get on the plane anyway. Ross goes home, Rachel ends up coming back to his apartment (after getting off the plane just ebfore take-off) and they decide to be together afterall.

It ended with them talking in Monica's empty apartment, and they decided to go get coffee.

Pretty cool.

So - no one ended up moving away did they? Where did Monica and Chandler move to? (or where were they headed?).

Shylox
05-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Gonna watch it in a couple of minutes.

The CyNick
05-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Pretty cool.

So - no one ended up moving away did they? Where did Monica and Chandler move to? (or where were they headed?).

I dont know exactly where eveyone is going because I haven't watched this seasons new episodes.

But I think Monica and Chandler are moving to a house in the suburbs somewhere (long Island maybe?)

Rachel was going to move to Paris, but she decided to stay with Ross, in NYC I guess.

Joey didn't say he was moving, but next season there will be a spinoff based on his character, so he'll be going to LA.

Phoebe and Mike didn't mention anything about moving either.

The Icon of Elisim
05-07-2004, 12:22 AM

And Gunther told Rachel that he loved her and she turned him down

The only line that had me in stitches was the joke about Ross trying to make it as a dancer and his response of "we almost made it 10 years without mentioning that"

Boondock Saint
05-07-2004, 01:52 AM
I watched it during the SD commercials. Parts I watched made me laugh. Always kinda sad to see a show like that that's been on for so long end. :-\

CBright7831
05-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Some people are going to need a 12 step program just to get over this.

Hired Hitman
05-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Kind of makes you think what will the network have in it's place... could it draw as much...

Vega
05-07-2004, 06:28 AM
Never seen an episode of it, not going to start tonight

Boomer
05-07-2004, 07:54 AM
Haha they played Yellow Ledbetter. I marked out. Only reason I watched was of a rumor Pearl Jam had something to do with the final epsiode.

2nd episode I've ever seen though. It was meh.

Azriel
05-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Supposedly in a couple of years, they're going to do a TV movie (possibly a wedding between Ross and Rachel)

I thought it was a good ending. Tied things up nicely. I thought there would've been some guest star appearances. The only thing close though was the chick from the Scary Movies.

Sephiroth
05-07-2004, 11:34 AM
I like alot of Friends eps, can't really say i got one ep that i like better.

Mic Blaze
05-07-2004, 08:49 PM
I dont like Friends but damn the Friends takeover of The Tonight Show was funny as hell. They had actors talkin bout how they got cut from Friends. Snoop was on there and said "I went to audition when they first started the series but the response I got was 'We already have enough black people"

VonErich Lives
05-07-2004, 10:22 PM
I never watch, except a rerun when bored and nothing on.

But I watched the last few, I normally do when a shows ending.

it ran over, which pushed ER fwd, so I lost the last like 5-10mins of ER... Tivo didn't adjust... stupid networks not updating the guide..

samichna
05-07-2004, 11:18 PM
I didn't watch it cause i don't care at all about the show