PDA

View Full Version : TNA Hall of fame possible spoiler?

taker707
06-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I doubt its him but who knows?

Dixie Carter posted the following on Twitter this morning…

On a plane headed to Dallas for the big PPV this weekend. Very excited @Christian4Peeps is joinin us for the night. He’s one of my favorites

TNA is announcing their first Hall of Fame member at the PPV this weekend. When TNA allowed Ric Flair to go to the WWE Hall of Fame this year, rumors were that TNA would get something in return.

Will Christian be TNA’s first hall of fame inductee?

CSL
06-08-2012, 12:32 PM
no way she goes on Twitter and announces that without it being true I'd have thought. He lives in Florida as well

taker707
06-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Is Vince really gonna let his current Intercontinental Champion appear at TNA's Biggest show ever? I highly Doubt it

CSL
06-08-2012, 12:42 PM
TNA have done some stupid things but I don't think even they are daft enough to announce something like that if it wasn't true. And it's not going to do WWE/Christian/the IC title any damage.

Lock Jaw
06-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Probably just gonna be like the WWE Hall of Fame induction videos, where they have various people talking about the inductee... and they are going to get some comments from Christian.

Big Vic
06-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Has it ever occurred to you guys that Dixie and Christian could just be fucking!?

Xero
06-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Why is it in spoiler tags? The thread already has the warning.

Razzamajazz
06-08-2012, 01:36 PM
i'm still baffled that tna has a hall of fame. Do they really need to copy everything wwe does?

Xero
06-08-2012, 01:37 PM
They should put Savage in first.

Sepholio
06-08-2012, 01:38 PM
It's legit, Christian will be at the PPV and doing some interviews and what not for TNA DVDs. This is the exchange that was done to get Ric Flair to do the WWE Hall of Fame.

Hanso Amore
06-08-2012, 01:54 PM
If TNA's first Hall of Fame Induction is Christian, as much as I love him, that would fucking kill the "Hall of Fame".

Shit, they really should not have a Hall of Fame period.

Lock Jaw
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I bet you Jeff Jarrett is the first (and only?) inductee into the HoF.

DLVH84
06-08-2012, 02:03 PM
There's so many TNA alumni outside of WWE that could be great candidates...

Elix Skipper
Jerry Lynn
Low Ki
Psicosis
Brian Lee
Slash
Father James Mitchell
Amazing Red
Chris Harris
Petey Williams

I can go on all day...

Ruien
06-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Elix Skipper
Jerry Lynn
Low Ki
Psicosis
Brian Lee
Slash
Father James Mitchell
Amazing Red
Chris Harris
Petey Williams

I can go on all day...

Who on that list is big?

Nicky Fives
06-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry, but Christian didn't do much in TNA..... As stupid as it is for TNA to have a Hall Of Fame, the first inductee has to be either A.J. Styles or Jeff Jarrett, as without the either of them, TNA would not currently exist.....

DLVH84
06-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Who on that list is big?

Those names have been around since the very early days of TNA when they were held at the Asylum in Nashville and when it was an NWA territory. So, all in all, the ones that were involved in the Asylum days should be inducted first.

Ruien
06-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Those names have been around since the very early days of TNA when they were held at the Asylum in Nashville and when it was an NWA territory. So, all in all, the ones that were involved in the Asylum days should be inducted first.

But none of them will draw a dime for the ceremony. They are probably trying to make ratings and money with a HoF ceremony.

blake639raw
06-08-2012, 03:41 PM

Elix Skipper
Jerry Lynn
Low Ki
Psicosis
Brian Lee
Slash
Father James Mitchell
Amazing Red
Chris Harris
Petey Williams

I can go on all day... So the only criteria to be in their hall of fame is that you wrestled in the Asylum days? I'd say yes to AJ, AMW, & Jeff Jarrett for sure.

CSL
06-08-2012, 04:09 PM
DLVH84, please stop being DLVH84

CSL
06-08-2012, 04:10 PM
fucking Slash

#BROKEN Hasney
06-08-2012, 04:12 PM
If this happens, is it once again the biggest acquisition in TNA history?

Volare
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Here you go more fuel for the fire.

(Front Page)
UPDATE: Christian is no longer advertised for this weekend’s SmackDown house shows on the East Coast. This adds evidence to Dixie Carter’s claim that he will appear at the TNA Slammiversary PPV on Sunday in the Dallas area.

James Steele
06-08-2012, 04:41 PM

Elix Skipper
Jerry Lynn
Low Ki
Psicosis
Brian Lee
Slash
Father James Mitchell
Amazing Red
Chris Harris
Petey Williams

I can go on all day...

It is a HALL OF FAME not HALL OF MODERATELY TALENTED WRESTLERS WHO WERE SOMEWHAT OVER AT SOME POINT IN TIME.

The Jayman
06-08-2012, 04:45 PM
awesome

Vastardikai
06-08-2012, 04:46 PM
First induction? either Mr. Wrestling III, The Johnsons, or the midget who beat off in a trash can.

Emperor Smeat
06-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to induct someone from the earlier years as the first ever inductee for a TNA Hall of Fame.

Christian isn't a bad choice but not as a inaugural member.

Lock Jaw
06-08-2012, 05:03 PM
The whole notion of a TNA HoF is ridiculous in the first place. A HoF should be for retired people, who have had long and illustrious careers. Not people who are young enough that they could wrestle in an Iron Man Match tomorrow.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Kind of shocked Hogan wasn't able to pull a few strings to be one the first inductee.

Hanso Amore
06-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Disciples of the new church is way better than the horseman right dlh84?

Lock Jaw
06-08-2012, 05:43 PM
In any case, I am awesome enough to go out of my way to watch the segment if Christian is involved (even if he is just saying one line about the inductee in a video package).

Rammsteinmad
06-08-2012, 05:55 PM
To be honest, if this is true, regardless of the 'legitimacy' of a TNA Hall of Fame, I'm pretty excited to see the WWE Intercontinental Champion appear on a TNA broadcast. I'm sure it will be without the championship, but still, just knowing that he is currently a WWE champion on a TNA broadcast would be pretty sweet.

Also, isn't Bound For Glory TNA's 'big event'? Kinda silly, since Slamiversary is the perfect name for it, but I was always under the impression it was BFG.

edyhdrawde
06-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Elix Skipper
Jerry Lynn
Low Ki
Psicosis
Brian Lee
Slash
Father James Mitchell
Amazing Red
Chris Harris
Petey Williams

I can go on all day...

I could see Jerry Lynn going in from that list.

Wake Up Call
06-08-2012, 08:15 PM
i'm still baffled that tna has a hall of fame. Do they really need to copy everything wwe does?

Are you retarded?

Did the NFL Hall Of Fame copy the Pro Football Hall Of Fame?

Did Hockey Canada copy the NHL Hall Of Fame?

Stop thinking TNA is copying WWE. It's retarded.

#1-norm-fan
06-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Umm... there's an "NFL Hall of Fame"??? :wtf:

#1-norm-fan
06-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Also, if they wanna make it legit (And by that I mean as legit as a Hall of Fame for a company that is 10 years old can be) then the first inductee should be Jerry Jarrett.

Ultra Mantis
06-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Can't wait for the Chikara hall of fame to open up. If Dragon Dragon isn't the first inductee though, it's bullshit.

Lock Jaw
06-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Just read that Chairman Jose is going into the OCW Hall of Fame.

Mr. Nerfect
06-08-2012, 09:01 PM
They should put Savage in first.

This, absolutely.

Christian Cage deserves to go in eventually, for his contributions to TNA specifically, but their first entrant should really be someone who contributed to wrestling as a whole.

Mr. Nerfect
06-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Also, I doubt the TNA Hall of Fame is going to be exclusively for TNA guys. It'll be to recognise the guys who laid the foundation for TNA to exist. Jerry Jarrett would make sense for an early induction, though. Bruno Sammartino going in would be a good move, provided that Sammartino agreed to it. Hulk Hogan, Sting and AJ Styles can wait until their careers are over.

#1-norm-fan
06-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Jerry Jarrett LITERALLY created TNA. I don't think there's any better way of getting SOME legitimacy out of it than having the company founder be your inaugural inductee. I'd hold off Jeff until he's retired but Jerry should definitely be far and away the first one just to set the groundwork for the HoF.

#1-norm-fan
06-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Of course, like WWE, it will lean more toward big names and getting people talking so I see Toby Keith, Chris Rock and Pacman going in before Jarrett.

DLVH84
06-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Also, if they wanna make it legit (And by that I mean as legit as a Hall of Fame for a company that is 10 years old can be) then the first inductee should be Jerry Jarrett.

Jerry Jarrett would be a great choice, as he was the one that helped form the promotion alongside his son.

Tazz Dan
06-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I guess if this makes the TNA brass feel special I'm ok with it. It's not like WWE have strict guidelines for their HOF, so to a degree I can't see why the concept is getting shit on so much. Hopefully it does recognise the talent that helped the organisation stay alive this long though, and they don't try to make it an annual event.

#1-norm-fan
06-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I guess if this makes the TNA brass feel special I'm ok with it. It's not like WWE have strict guidelines for their HOF, so to a degree I can't see why the concept is getting shit on so much.

My problem is that holding themself only to WWE's standards of doing things isn't exactly going to be a step towards competing or anything. WWE has loads of history behind it and the prestige to encompass all of wrestling into it's HoF. So if TNA tries to do the same, it would be like the Arena Football League trying make it's own Hall of Fame and induct guys from the pro football history who paved the way for the NFL to thrive who in turn paved the way for the AFL to exist despite being sub-par. It would just be like "Umm... there's already a Hall of Fame that recognizes these guys. And your shitty company just doing the same doesn't mean anything."

If they DON'T go that direction and just do a TNA specific Hall of Fame... Well, that's fine. Going with one inductee a year for a while would probably be the best idea though. They've been around 10 years. They just don't have enough history. If they really try copying WWE and going with like 5 or 6 inductees a year early then Crimson ends up in the HoF in a few years and it becomes pretty pointless.

Keith
06-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Part of why I can't take TNA seriously is because Dixie will go on Twitter and spoil everything the company does.

Tazz Dan
06-09-2012, 01:42 AM
I'm not sure what the 'AFL' there is like compared to the 'NFL'. I know here that our two rugby codes have their own set ups, and one is a much bigger league than the other. Again, I'm not sure if they're trying to mirror WWE with this as such, I see it as them trying to promote themself as being prominent enough to be able to do it. Not saying I agree with it, and I think that it could be a very small HOF because I don't see them being around in 10 years time, but I think I can see why they'd do it.

The Whole F'n Show
06-09-2012, 03:47 AM
It is a HALL OF FAME not HALL OF MODERATELY TALENTED WRESTLERS WHO WERE SOMEWHAT OVER AT SOME POINT IN TIME.

The only one out of that list that I would even minutely consider would be Jerry Lynn, and as I said, minutely

K.Smoke
06-09-2012, 10:14 AM
TNA hall of fame is stupid, Christian being the first inducted would be idiotic of them to promote another shows superstar so highly unless he's gonna return. Double J has to be first inducted if any1. inducting AJ while he still is wrestling would just be dumber than them even beginning 1 in only 10 years. This whole thing is only to keep guys like Samoan Joe and AJ styles from thinking about going over to WWE for a shot at the Hall. Even though They'll deserve to go.

St. Jimmy
06-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Spoiler:
http://www.itstotallytessa.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/No-Buy.jpg

Aaronp43
06-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Jeff Jarrett is going to be one but i think AJ should be the first

dexnall
06-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Jerry Jerrett
Christian Cage
The Harris Brothers
Jeff Jerrett

those are my picks for this retarded house of cards:n::n::n:

#1-norm-fan
06-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Sting should really go in before Christian as well.

XL
06-10-2012, 07:01 PM
To be honest, if this is true, regardless of the 'legitimacy' of a TNA Hall of Fame, I'm pretty excited to see the WWE Intercontinental Champion appear on a TNA broadcast. I'm sure it will be without the championship, but still, just knowing that he is currently a WWE champion on a TNA broadcast would be pretty sweet.
And this is pretty much the reason that Christian is the first to go in.

It's a "bigger" deal to induct a guy who is contracted to the opposition than it is to induct an in-house guy.

Rollermacka
06-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Sting really should be the first into their Hall of Fame. Despite being in his 50s he still looks great and stay somewhat relevant. He started becoming stale, so he takes time off and comes back looking great at Bound for Glory 2006. He was getting stale again, so he becomes the "insane icon". He just continues to be one of their biggest draws, it makes perfect sense