PDA

View Full Version : Would their be any benefit to Christian returning to TNA?

Rollermacka
06-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Christian is the current Intercontental Champion but when he loses the title and stalls out again, would you like to see him jump ship back to TNA? I can't help but think if he hadn't of been a main eventer in TNA, WWE wouldn't have rehired him. He could have potential feuds with Roode, Storm, RVD and Anderson. So what do you think, is being a mid carder in WWE better than being a main eventer in TNA?

Keith
06-10-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm not a Christian fan, so can't say I really feel strongly one way or the other.

James Steele
06-10-2012, 11:06 PM
So what do you think, is being a mid carder in WWE better than being a main eventer in TNA?

Yes.

Wake Up Call
06-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Not a big fan of Christian

Damndirty
06-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Well.... nnnnnnnnnnnnnnyes. Unless WWE's preanticipated "big summer plan" pays off, WWE is most likely just going to shit on him anyways when they begin to sink. Truthfully, if he is going to TNA, now maybe a good time.

Keith
06-10-2012, 11:28 PM
So, is this all TNA got by letting Flair show up at the WWE HOF? An in-ring appearance by Christian to present TNA's greatest moment?

LMAO. This is why TNA is what it is.

Shisen Kopf
06-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Would you rather be the best athlete in the special Olympics or not be retarded? Christian needs to stay in the E.

Tazz Dan
06-10-2012, 11:33 PM
So, is this all TNA got by letting Flair show up at the WWE HOF? An in-ring appearance by Christian to present TNA's greatest moment?

Wouldn't exactly say it was a bad trade off. They got a well known WWE performer to cut a promo live on PPV.

Keith
06-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Wouldn't exactly say it was a bad trade off. They got a well known WWE performer to cut a promo live on PPV.

WWE made more money by having Flair show up at the HOF, both in ticket and dvd sales. No one will buy the dvd of this TNA ppv thinking "I wanna see Christian's promo". It also looks like Flair is done with TNA and will go back to the E. TNA just had Christian, a guy who's "ok" but not great, show up, cut a little promo, and present a TNA great moment. All the while, I'm sure most fans were thinking "He's in WWE".

A bit lopsided if you ask me. But it's ok, I guess.

Curd
06-11-2012, 01:00 AM

Perhaps William Shatner can show up in his "Negotiator" persona and make TNA's bargains for them! :y:

GD
06-11-2012, 02:40 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mjBBEf5C4nE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rammsteinmad
06-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Really think Dixie fucked up BIG TIME announcing Christian's return to TNA in advance.

Ruien
06-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't really think it was a mistake. He was only showing up for one event and to announce him for a ppv would help buys. What would the positive be by not announcing him?

Rammsteinmad
06-11-2012, 09:18 AM
The HUGE UNPREDICTABLE SHOCK of having the WWE Intercontinental Champion appear on a TNA Pay-Per-View. I doubt Christian making an appearances did much to really boost buys, but unannounced, NOBODY would have seen that coming.

Would have been an incredible moment.

Ruien
06-11-2012, 09:45 AM
The shock moments tend to be better for regular television. That way with word of mouth/internet/every other form of communication people will tune in during the segement to see what is going on.

I would agree with you if this were a program people actually watched but since it is TNA even the small amount of boost Christian gave them was worth it.

Next Big Thing
06-11-2012, 10:53 AM
The HUGE UNPREDICTABLE SHOCK of having the WWE Intercontinental Champion appear on a TNA Pay-Per-View. I doubt Christian making an appearances did much to really boost buys, but unannounced, NOBODY would have seen that coming.

Not if that moment is nothing more than him coming back to announce the most significant moment in the history of a company that is fairly insignificant in the greater scheme of wrestling history.

If he shows up with the IC title, cuts a classic Christian heel promo running down TNA and then defends the title against someone like AJ Styles, then you'd have something kind of exciting and unexpected.

Keith
06-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Really think Dixie fucked up BIG TIME announcing Christian's return to TNA in advance.

She always spoils things via Twitter. That's another reason why TNA will never challenge WWE. Do you imagine Vince going on Twitter and spoiling stuff?

Ultra Mantis
06-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Was actually expecting this thread to be filled with pictures of Tyson Tomko.

Innovator
06-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Better security being a WWE midcard babyface help building new stars.

FourFifty
06-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Lots of people in WWE are going to hell in a hand basket. Jerichio and Orton are suspended, R-Truth is injured, and Del Rio might not be too far behind him. Mark Henry is still sidelined, and Rey isn't on TV.
Christian just needs to stay healthy and out of trouble. He can main event in WWE on the graces of everyone one's bad luck.

CSL
06-11-2012, 12:44 PM

it certainly would have gotten people talking more

Damndirty
06-11-2012, 01:31 PM
WWE is looking for someone to replace Cena, something Christian will not be capable of anymore. Sorry, but I find it unrealistic for that to happen in WWE, given his age amongst a flock of younger guys.

James Steele
06-11-2012, 01:53 PM
@WWEVKM Can't wait to return to #RAW tonight. Excited about the return of @DaveBautista tonight. See you at 8pm EST/7 CST! #3HourRAW

@WWEVKM Got huge news I'll announce tonight. @DaveBautista and @JCLayfield will both be returning to fight Cena tonight. See you at 8pm EST/7 CS! #3HourRAW

@WWEVKM Rumors swirling that @JCLayfield is already sodomizing @DerekBateman in the shower. #AnythingCanHappenInTheWWE

Damndirty
06-11-2012, 02:02 PM
@WWEVKM Rumors swirling that @JCLayfield is already sodomizing @DerekBateman in the shower. #AnythingCanHappenInTheWWE

He was going to, and then came the Squirrel Master. MasturBateman cowers in a corner, telling them to,"Wash your hands!!"

Rollermacka
06-11-2012, 02:23 PM

Yea, but there are people who probibly ordered the PPV just to see Christian. Refer to them as his "Peeps" :wave: Possibily (but not really likely) some of them were TNA fans that saw Samoa Joe vs Aries or the Three Way Dance and decided that they would start tuning into Impact again

Innovator
06-11-2012, 02:33 PM
@WWEVKM Can't wait to return to #RAW tonight. Excited about the return of @DaveBautista tonight. See you at 8pm EST/7 CST! #3HourRAW

@WWEVKM Got huge news I'll announce tonight. @DaveBautista and @JCLayfield will both be returning to fight Cena tonight. See you at 8pm EST/7 CS! #3HourRAW

Cranky Vince ‏@CrankyVince
MAYBE IF @SENATORLINDA CREATED A FEW MORE "JOBS" IN THE BEDROOM, I WOULDN'T BE THE UNSTOPPABLE SEXUAL PREDATOR THAT I AM. #JACKHAMMER

Cranky Vince ‏@CrankyVince
LISTENING TO TOM JONES, SHAVING BIG EARL. BIG NIGHT, FUCK YOU. @USANETWORK 8 PM EASTERN / 7PM CENTRAL. FUCK YOU (MTN/PACIFIC).

Damndirty
06-11-2012, 02:35 PM
LOL!!!

James Steele
06-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I hate to admit it, but I love @CrankyVince.

St. Jimmy
06-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Never having to see him and Randy Orton wrestle each other ever again.

Damndirty
06-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah, that was a bigger screwjob than Montreal's. Fuck off, Brett! You don't even know man, don't even fucking know! WWE HATES you fucking Canadians almost as much as they hate negros!

K.Smoke
06-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I think him returning to TNA would do wonders for his career. He has a good run thus far. Going back to TNA claiming that he liked it better there and getting involved in the title picture... that would be great for TNA.

RiX1024
06-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Send him to TNA like a loan signing in football, Imagine Christian vs Austin Aries IC vs X champion.

K.Smoke
06-12-2012, 07:25 PM
You know both companies would manake more money if they work togeather but tna would benefit more than the sales could make up.