PDA

View Full Version : Trade 10

FourFifty
06-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Basic idea- somehow you become a negotiator for two wrestling promotions, and you've been entrusted to trade 10 (five from each company) wrestlers around with the idea that it will benefit both companies. What companies do you get, and who do you trade? Current titles and story lines do not matter, and all wrestlers are allowed to keep their gimmicks and names.

I'd take TNA and WWE.

To WWE
James Storm- My favorite TNA wrestler at the moment. I've always liked that guy. For as much crap as I talk about TNA, he's the diamond in the rough that keeps me following TNA.

Ken Anderson- Rename him to Mr. Kennedy, or not, it doesn't matter. Either way, I've always thought he was unfairly fired from WWE. Give him a chance at redemption.

ODB- With Kharma's return no where in sight (albeit last I read she was cleared to return, they're just waiting for creative to give her something) she'd be the next monster in the Diva's division.

Mickie James- Another burst of light into the Diva's division. With the potential loss of Kelly Kelly on the horizon it would be nice to see a familiar <strike>pair of tits</strike> face that we already love.

Hulk Hogan- Just to be fair to TNA, get him out of there. Putting Hogan in TNA is like putting an old shark in a small pond. Fuck that guy. WWE doesn't even have to use him. I hope WWE wouldn't use him, but I feel bad for taking James Storm. Get that dried up leach on payroll out of TNA.

To TNA
Brodus Clay- He can play a monster heel, or a fun loving baby face. Give him a role where a big man is needed, and he can fill it.

Cody Rhodes- It'll give TNA a great talent and a name. Damn near every wrestling fan knows the name Rhodes.

Zack Ryder- Woo Woo Woo! You Know It! Zack can clearly main event in TNA, and maybe his internet fame will draw some more wrestling fans to TNA.

Sin Cara- He could light up the X division, and maybe get TNA some more of the international spotlight.

Randy Orton- A solid main event player who is on his second strike might do well in a place where he doesn't have any strikes.

Your choices?

(I'm sure a thread like this has been done before, but m'eh, don't feel like looking it up)

Road Warrior
06-12-2012, 06:30 AM
To WWE
1. Kurt Angle- Belongs in WWE, with only 1 or 2 years left in him he could still draw

2. Ken Anderson- same reasons as 450

3. Sting- should at least give it try before he's officially done

4. Jeff Hardy- was a huge draw, if he could get his shit together he could resume what was becoming a solid career, and he's still only 34.

5. Magnus- very young, has good look and with the right development, which he won't get in TNA he could be a star.

To TNA
1. Cody Rhodes- same reasons as 450, TNA does better building around names that were more popular in the NWA scene than WWE and Rhodes would ME.

2. Zack Ryder- agree on this one also

3. Christian- I think Edge's injury actually hurt Christian too. With that sudden departure fans were looking at him like he needed to be as good as Edge, and he's just not. He was a star in TNA and I honestly think he appeals more to TNA fans than WWE.

4. Jack Swagger- TNA could use him as basically Kurt Angle, only 15 years younger. He doesn't have much appeal left in WWE at this point and I think a change of scenery would serve him well.

5. R-Truth- would be a nice return for TNA to get. I think unless WWE is planning on really investing in a tag division I don't it's long before he's FE'd anyway.

Wishbone
06-12-2012, 06:40 PM
To WWE
1) James Storm. Like 450 I love Storm's work. The guy has the 'look', he has enough size to make it in WWE, and his style would fit well. With some proper booking he could be a major star there in no time.
2) Mr. Anderson... Anderson. He's a master on the mic, and his ring work has only improved since his time in TNA. Since he's been there he's shown that his 'injury prone' reputation was more of a fluke in WWE and that he can work reliably. Give the guy a second chance to shine and I'm sure we'd get another great star for the next generation of the WWE.
3) Mickie James. She was golden in WWE and if allowed to keep her style from TNA could be even bigger. There's no doubt that while she wasn't quite as good as Trish Stratus she was well on her way to being viewed as the next version of her. With Karma in WWE it'd make sense to boost the Divas division with some girls who look good and can actually work.
4) Team 3D. Bringing them back could make the tag-division actually mean something again. Throw the straps on them upon return and then after building them as major threats through tag domination and the occasional main event assist let a new fresh team go over.
5) Winter. Bring her back to WWE as the scarlet witch once more. Give her more of an edge like TNA has but with a bit less cheesiness and BOOM you've got another solid Diva with looks and skills.

To TNA
1) Zack Ryder. It's clear Zack's reached his peak in WWE. His internet 'fame' could help TNA get some exposure while giving him something useful to do on tv. Honestly Zack is mid-card for life in WWE but in TNA I could see him main eventing in no time.
2) Christian. At first I was reluctant on this one as I love Christian's work in WWE but given the recent fan reactions he's gotten it's clear that no one really cares about him there. Let him help TNA out with putting over young talent while still putting on good matches and being his entertaining self.
3) Randy Orton. Now here me out. If the reports are true about WWE management being upset with Orton then it only makes sense he leave. As it is now he'll probably be relegated to putting over other talent from here on out because of his 2 strikes. Let him go somewhere where he could make a difference.
4) Justin Gabriel. Put the South African Sensation in the X Division and let him shine.
5) Big Zeke. TNA is lacking in the 'big man' department and it couldn't hurt to have another hoss to smack around people.

XL
06-12-2012, 07:49 PM
From WWE to TNA:

1) The Great Khali - the guy can barely walk let alone work. His inring stuff is the pits, he can't promo, he's been jobbed out and he doesn't even work as a "punishment" opponent as he loses more often than not. That said, he could be a draw for TNA as part of Ra Ka King.

2) Jinder Mahal - kinda like with Khali only this guy isn't useless, he just needs a lot more seasoning and he can get that in TNA/Ra Ka King infront of a smaller audience.

3) Epico & Primo - These guys seem to have fallen off the face of the earth since losing the Tag Titles and I get the feeling that their rematch will go the way of Truth/Curtis' and Cryme Tyme's shot. WWE don't seem overly keen on legitimately advancing the Tag Division where as TNA have a little more going on. If they fail as a team they can always bolster the X Division.

4) Tyson Kidd - The guy is great in the ring but doesn't have the build nor the promo ability to really make a splash in WWE. Throw him in the X Division and he can make magic with some of the guys there.

5) Randy Orton - Send him to TNA to "prove his trustworthiness" for a year and fued with Anderson. Matches with Daniels, AJ, Joe, etc could be scorchers. Bring him back after a year. Also, gives TNA a genuine star to replace some of the guys they'll lose.

From TNA to WWE:

1) Kurt Angle - this would be worth it for matches/programs with Punk and Bryan alone.

2) Bully Ray - his character is pretty amazing right now and the guy is in the shape of his life. Would be interesting to see how it/he would go down in WWE.

3) Sting - He's never been there. I'd love to see the WWE's production team handle a Sting debut.

4) Magnus - Young, has the "look", can cut a promo. Probably the perfect candidate for a WWE Superstar. Have Regal bring him in when Barrett turns down his offer to manage him, or something.

5) Matt Morgan - whilst he has his detractors, I feel Morgan is one of the better "Big Men" in the industry. He can go pretty well in the ring and cut an above average promo.

Mr. Nerfect
06-15-2012, 07:47 PM
To TNA:

1. Randy Orton:

"The Viper" currently has two wellness policy strikes to his name, which makes it quite detrimental to the company to have Orton in a high profile position with them. Orton going to TNA would make for a pretty epic shake-up, and it'd be fun to see Orton feud with Ken Anderson. Orton would be a guy in TNA's main event scene going after the World Heavyweight Title. Ideally, I'd like to see TNA fork out some money and get Bautista to come in and form a dominating alliance with Orton. Imagine Orton & Bautista -- "The Invaders" -- facing the reluctantly reunited Beer Money.

2. Evan Bourne

With this guy having two strikes against his name, it would make sense for Bourne to also be sent to TNA. Bourne is pretty much perfect for the X-Division, and would no doubt do tremendous work in TNA's mid-card.

3. The Great Khali

This would be huge for TNA. Khali would be a physical spectacle for TNA, and they could use him in Ring Ka King, where he would be a major attraction for them. It also takes a load off WWE's creative team, which constantly has to think of ways to use the guy in harmless yet relevant ways.

4. Zack Ryder

This kid is over, a solid worker, and is only going to get better with age. Ryder heading to TNA would get them a bit of attention, and give Ryder a smaller pond in which to grow as a fish. Plus, he's got a feud ready with Robbie E. when he comes into the company. Put the TV Title back on Robbie, and then have Zack take it off him upon arriving in TNA. Ryder defending the TV Title each would could be a great thing for TNA to feature.

5. Yoshi Tatsu

It took me a while to decide whether I would send over Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Trent Barreta, Hunico or Yoshi Tatsu, but I eventually decided on Tatsu because I thought that he might get the most out of going. Kidd & Gabriel have their team in the WWE currently, while Hunico could have some interesting programs with some of the guys coming over from TNA. Barreta would get a bit out of going there, but I don't know just how much of a boost TNA would get out of Barreta. Tatsu is a pretty over babyface act that is treading water, just because there don't seem to be many creative plans for Tatsu. Sending over Yoshi to work in the X-Division could show the world what he is capable of, and give him some time away from the WWE while they work out just what they want to do with the guy.

To WWE:

1. Kurt Angle

This is one that people really want to see. Give Kurt Angle one last run in the WWE before he finishes his career as part of the TNA roster. Angle could have great matches against Daniel Bryan, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk -- putting them over as the next wave of Superstars in wrestling.

2. AJ Styles

This might seem like it's ripping the heart out of TNA, but if the talent exchange led to talent returning back to their homes eventually, I think AJ Styles would get quite a lot out of a short WWE stint. The man is a tremendous worker, and it would give him that opportunity to compete on a bigger stage and earn more recognition as a player. Plus, there are a lot of great potential matches waiting for Styles in the WWE. It often seems like TNA doesn't really know what to do with Styles, so some time away from them might help TNA remember what a commodity he is to them.

3. Rob Van Dam

People don't really seem to care too much about RVD in TNA. He gets good reactions, but his work hasn't seemed too motivated, and it doesn't really seem right to push him as the central focus of the promotion, but it's almost like he's being wasted at the same time. It's a tricky situation -- almost like having a more talented Great Khali for the TNA creative team -- so a sideways move back to the WWE could do RVD some good. There is a potential load of cash to be made off CM Punk vs. RVD, too. Christian and RVD could also have a nice little "Battle of the Frog Splashes" too, and if the Intercontinental Title is on the line for it, all the better.

4. Hernandez

TNA never really seems to have much to do with this guy, who is really quite a unique talent. He's got quite a bit of power, was trained at the Texas Wrestling Academy, and could connect to Hispanic audiences quite easily. Imagine him in a tag team or feuding with Hunico -- could be pretty great. It'd be a case of TNA getting rid of someone they are unsure about, and the WWE potentially getting someone that could generate a bit of interest in whatever segments he is involved in.

5. Samoa Joe

It was either Samoa Joe or Winter here, so I went with Joe, just because it would obviously be the bigger move. If Angle, Styles & Joe came in together, you'd have a pretty good deal going for the WWE, as far as getting some great workers goes. It'd be up to the WWE to get people to care about Styles & Joe, but I think they could do it. Joe has got friends in Punk and Cena waiting for him, so I'm sure both would be willing to get in the ring with Joe, and hell, perhaps even put him over. He could literally come in and be treated as a main event star, which makes TNA look instantly good (benefitting them), and it might re-motivate Joe to perform like a beast in TNA when he returns.

#1-norm-fan
06-16-2012, 03:00 AM
To WWE:
Sting: For obvious reasons. The biggest star to never work for WWE. Some people would be content with him taking that title into the retirement. If given the chance to just trade him to WWE at will, no way I'd turn that down. I would have him appear on free TV once in a while but never wrestle outside PPV. Make them pay for it.

Mr. Anderson: The guys a great entertainer. Let TNA do their old school wrestling thing and see if he can do something with another crack at being the sports entertainer that he is such a natural at.

Bully Ray: (See below)

Devon: Just thought of how great this would be if you really wanted to revitalize the tag division. You bring in one of the most accomplished tag teams of all time, let them win the titles and build up all your other tag teams as striving to take it off the all-time greats. You've got teams getting their shot and just failing miserably and you've got teams giving the Dudleyz a run for their money. Eventually, one of them is able to finally take the titles off of them and they're made for life. Throw in a TLC match maybe at some point to harken back to the glory days and make it seem like the titles are worth putting your bodies on the line for.

James Storm: He's got the redneck gimmick that's been done PRETTY successfully in WWE before. But he's good at it. He's not the next Austin, but why not let him do his thing in WWE and see how far he can go. There's room for multiple successful rednecks in all eras of wrestling.

To TNA:
The Big Show: TNA's main event scene is face heavy. What better way to put them to good use than by bringing in a monster face who is more over than them all? Build him up as the big fish in a small pond from the start. Just an old school monster. Let him have the title. He can put on a fine match with the right guys. Use him to bring everyone he faces to another level. Like the Dudleys with the tag division, taking this monster veteran that no one in TNA has seen anything like before to the limit automatically brings the guys he face up. Even if he beats them.

The Great Khali: Like XL and Noid said, this is mainly a Ring Ka King thing. Wrestling is treated much differently in India. There won't be as much of an issue with "How the fuck do we pull a good wrestling match out of this guy?" as WWE has. It won't matter. Also because of the fact that he's already super over in India apparently. He can come in for random appearances in TNA still too if there's a story that somehow fits a giant just coming in to look intimidating and ultimately losing.

Evan Bourne: (See below)

Justin Gabriel: If TNA really wants to make the X-Division consistently revolving around high flyers (Like I think they should), these two would be HUGE. WWE isn't a good place for them in the long term. They'll be there to put on good matches on Superstars or NXT, or they can get thrown into the shitty tag division with some random partner who's in the same boat. Ideally, I'd be working on that random pairing thing not being necessary for the tag division though. So they'd be of much better use in what amounts to TNA's cruiserweight division. Let TNA be the showcase for that.

Trent Barreta: He can work in the X-Division AND he's got a factor I like about him. While Bourne feels like someone just made to work in a major company's cruiserweight division and Gabriel seems like the same thing but maybe with the ability to just flirt with the upper card, Barreta seems like a guy who could be in that crowd but can break out at any moment and play with the big boys in the main event albeit as the underdog. The WWE is just stacked with too many guys who are ahead on the list as far as potential goes. I'd send him to TNA and see what he can do. Worst case scenario, he doesn't make it that big and he ends up as just one of those awesome X-Division wrestlers. Not much to lose.