PDA

View Full Version : The Prime Time Players Appreciation Thread

GD
06-21-2012, 02:48 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--ZwXDElpSZg/T7cTL5txvPI/AAAAAAAAKzw/VWnlsYBQHZE/s1600/WWE+SmackDown+May+18%252C+2012+-+R-TRUTH+%2526+KOFI+KINGSTON+VS.+DARREN+YOUNG+%2526+TITUS+O%25E2%2580%2599NEIL+18-05-2012+-+HDTV+-+Live+Online+-+Download+-+1.jpg

Millions of dollars! Millions of dollars! Millions of dollars!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CxR5BfLuQkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TYIwxxP5iRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Appreciate the amazing tag team duo of Titus O'Neil and back John Cena.

VSG
06-21-2012, 02:54 PM
AWRAWRAWRAWRAWRAWRAWRAWRAWER

Damn
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
OMG how is this possible that the guy looks so much like John Cena but isnt related

GD
06-21-2012, 03:12 PM
John Cena Sr. has some explaining to do.

Juan
06-21-2012, 04:20 PM
They suck

Anybody Thrilla
06-21-2012, 04:22 PM
I love them. Also, Darren Young has been looking pretty competent in the ring. I hope the three hour Raws get them some more exposure.

I also like AW. Potential.

Razzamajazz
06-21-2012, 04:22 PM
they have some horrible music

Anybody Thrilla
06-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Their music is the best part.

Anybody Thrilla
06-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Titus has come a long way from "making it a win".

CSL
06-21-2012, 04:27 PM
I enjoy them, the perfect amount of fun/stupid/entertaining for their role. See how they do if that gets "expanded"

Joesgonnakillyou
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM
It's about damn time!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_6ybhWXuklk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nicky Fives
06-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I am not a fan.....

Anybody Thrilla
06-21-2012, 05:03 PM
I am not a fan.....

Because they are millions of dollars...and you can only relate to fives.

K.Smoke
06-21-2012, 05:09 PM
I have to go with CSL on this one. They are corney but I remember thinking John Cena was corney but for some reason I liked him and I like them. And this guy really does look like Cena the reference had me in stitches because i've been saying it about mr no days off.

Billions of Dollars

Tom Guycott
06-21-2012, 05:28 PM
John Cena Sr. has some explaining to do.

Cena Sr. > Daddy Dudley

At least his kids look similar.

XL
06-21-2012, 05:32 PM
They are a tag team.
They have matching attire.
They have a team name.
They have a manager.

How can the IWC not be into these guys!?

Tom Guycott
06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Agreed.

I also agree their music is shit, BUT it is about as cheezy as they are and is recognizable from the outset so you know it's them, so it fits.

GD
06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
They are a tag team.
They have a team name.
They have a manager.

It's probably because Titus has a small penis.

You are about to see a penis.

http://jasonrivera.com/images/articles/20111016_47_1220/titus-fullsize-lol.jpg

tjogo
06-21-2012, 05:42 PM

my point proven..

GD
06-21-2012, 05:47 PM
What is your point?

Maya Bristow
06-21-2012, 05:49 PM
I am not a fan.....

You ain't got no cuts :lol:

XL
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM

He does have big hands :shifty:

K.Smoke
06-21-2012, 07:23 PM
truth be told if these guys can get a little better mic skills they can be a force in the tag division. They're tag combos are uncomparable at the moment. They're really looking like a tag team and they do have matching undies.

billions of dollars! is that really their gimmick. from candy ass to u can't see me to billions of dollars. we have yes yes yes. We have "My Name is (enter superstar name here)"(I can't believe Eminem has had such a profound affect on wrestling). Which has branched out to TNA even they're using it. Anyway thank God Christian left that one more chance chant. Even though he did use it last promo. We have Woo Woo Woo u know it. I'm getting depressed let me stop now.

#1-norm-fan
06-21-2012, 07:25 PM
They are a real tag team, they have an actual team name, they wear matching tights, they have a catchphrase, they have a manager. Such a complete tag team. I love it. That's all just booking-wise though.

As far as they guys themselves... They're fun. Got a few years to go before they're completely comfortable and settled in.

K.Smoke
06-21-2012, 07:27 PM

Note to reader this really is a penus

Dukelorange
06-21-2012, 10:24 PM
The tag division needs teams with a single unified gimmick, and not just throwing random teams together, although it worked for some (New Age Outlaws). I think this is a step in the right direction. You have them, Epico and Primo, and hopefully the Ascension when they arrive.

tjogo
06-21-2012, 10:43 PM
truth be told if these guys can get a little better mic skills they can be a force in the tag division. They're tag combos are uncomparable at the moment. They're really looking like a tag team and they do have matching undies.

billions of dollars! is that really their gimmick. from candy ass to u can't see me to billions of dollars. we have yes yes yes. We have "My Name is (enter superstar name here)"(I can't believe Eminem has had such a profound affect on wrestling). Which has branched out to TNA even they're using it. Anyway thank God Christian left that one more chance chant. Even though he did use it last promo. We have Woo Woo Woo u know it. I'm getting depressed let me stop now.
you're on a roll :yes:

Nicky Fives
06-21-2012, 11:08 PM

LOL..... I very much dislike O'Neil...... Young I can tolerate, but barely......

Pintint
06-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Best thing WWE has done to the tag division recently, guys are incredible.

XCaliber
06-21-2012, 11:44 PM
As I've said before they work better together rather than each on their own and yeah their entrance theme blows it should be more like Black and Yellow.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UePtoxDhJSw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skippord
06-22-2012, 06:20 AM
lol come on, they're so bad

that awful Doomsday Hairpull really soured me on them I guess

Skippord
06-22-2012, 06:21 AM
As I've said before they work better together rather than each on their own and yeah their entrance theme blows it should be more like Black and Yellow.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UePtoxDhJSw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
that's for if Titus O'Neil and Yoshi Tatsu were tag team partners

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2012, 08:03 AM
I like the addition of AW to their side. He is a much better fit for that team than Epico & Primo. Now I want to see The Colons kick their ass, though, since I much prefer them as a team. For some reason, the machine is behind The Prime Time Players, though. Darren Young is a serviceable worker, but Titus has never impressed me. I mean, he might be an awesome dude and he is incredibly athletic; but he just seems so clunky in the ring. I'd rather a tag push for him than a singles push, though.

My problem is that they are pretty much the worst team the WWE has, and yet they are the ones getting the push and are likely to unseat R-Truth & Kofi Kingston as WWE Tag Team Champions. Ah well, at least it will get attention on the tag team division.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2012, 08:07 AM
It's about damn time!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_6ybhWXuklk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was actually pretty entertaining.

I have a feeling that I will grow to love the PTP. I think my biggest problem with them from the outset is that they have no reason to team, and were actually feuding a few months ago. In time, I will probably grow to stop expecting them to make sense, and just enjoy their douchebagery.

Young & O'Neil should use the 3D as a finishing move, by the way. That is they can do it without killing someone. Also, Tamina Snuka should betray The Usos and join up with The Prime Time Players as Darren Young's girlfriend, and that would give both The Colons and The Usos reasons to go after The PTP -- setting up a pretty epic three-way feud between the teams.

Hanso Amore
06-22-2012, 09:04 AM
This was actually pretty entertaining.

I have a feeling that I will grow to love the PTP. I think my biggest problem with them from the outset is that they have no reason to team, and were actually feuding a few months ago. In time, I will probably grow to stop expecting them to make sense, and just enjoy their douchebagery.

Young & O'Neil should use the 3D as a finishing move, by the way. That is they can do it without killing someone. Also, Tamina Snuka should betray The Usos and join up with The Prime Time Players as Darren Young's girlfriend, and that would give both The Colons and The Usos reasons to go after The PTP -- setting up a pretty epic three-way feud between the teams.

Epic? That sounds like some of the shittiest TV ever.

99.9 percent of the viewing audience dont know or care that they were feuding. You act like "enemies" never teamed up before.

XL
06-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Yeah, their fued was on NXT so it doesn't really matter in the greater scheme of things.

Ultra Mantis
06-22-2012, 09:38 AM
They've got a long way to go before they make it a win.

Big Vic
06-22-2012, 09:45 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Epic? That sounds like some of the shittiest TV ever.

99.9 percent of the viewing audience dont know or care that they were feuding. You act like "enemies" never teamed up before.

It happens, and I hate it.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2012, 10:17 AM
I must say that The Prime Time Players intrigued me this week. They seem to be coming to life more and more as a team. I still think they are shitter than the teams they face, though. I'm looking forward to seeing them face Epico & Primo down the track.

Jordan
06-22-2012, 12:25 PM
I actually liked them at No Way Out and especially on Raw. AW set them up with a superstar intro and that got me interested in the match, which I think they pulled off very well. They actually look like a tag team, not just their matching attire, but they have a lot of basic tandem moves that bring me back to the early 90's, a style like The Hart Foundation, lots of simple tandem moves. I think AW is going to be what gets them over to the WWE Universe and hopefully they can take it from there.

On Titus... of course he is still green but there is something in his sloppiness that I like, for instance his spine buster looks very painful, and I'm sure it is, but I enjoy it. Kind of a CM Punk kind of sloppy, it's more realistic.

MoFo
06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
I like black Cenas finisher.

Titus is worse than Zeke.

Big Vic
06-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Prime Time players are hardly on during Prime Time

Gertner
06-22-2012, 07:45 PM
PTP are amazing. I also called a huge face turn that'll get them over huge about a month ago. Gertie will once again be right.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I could see their goofiness becoming endearing down the line. The WWE would obviously love to turn Young face down the line, given his resemblance to Cena, and O'Neil was about the only guy on the old NXT that was over during the competition part of the series.

Gertner
06-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Young and O'Neill could get over huge with combination MVP/Cryme Tyme gimmick

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2012, 07:58 PM
I'd love to see Young & O'Neil show off their sparkly new RAW contracts that AW got them -- literally sparkling as they are printed on shiny paper.

K.Smoke
06-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I think they fought Epico and Primo monday or last friday can't remember. Anyway, What would help them would be a nice fued.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
They are developing a program with Epico & Primo, who I think will work tremendously as a face team. You just have Rosa Mendes come out before them, and do a bit of a dance before their music hits and they come down to the ring doing cartwheels and shit. And please give them mic time. Primo, I'm sure, has got personality enough to at least cut a passable promo. It's hard to get over when you have no time to explain your motivations.

Next week, have Epico & Primo come out and grab mics and say that they were betrayed by AW, so they're going to make life difficult for The Prime Time Players. Cue AW giving Darren Young & Titus O'Neil the grand entrance, only they come out with microphones and say that AW has signed on with them because they are the better team. They are worth Millions of Dollars, while Epico & Primo are worth about fourteen pesos each. "That's Mexico, idiot." - Primo

Young & O'Neil rub it in that they get all their clothes and travel paid for by All World Promotions, and that Epico & Primo have to work hard every night just to make it on the card. Epico & Primo want to face them and O'Neil says that Epico & Primo should see their sparkly new RAW contracts that AW got them. He pulls it out and we discover that it is literally sparkly. It's revealed that they have a night off every month if they so choose, and they're choosing to have the night off tonight. Primo & Epico poke fun at Darren Young calling himself "Mr. No Days Off" and Young says that he found them replacement opponents, though.

Out come Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks, who put over Primo & Epico and a new finishing move from one of them. Maybe Primo could use his Cannonball Twister finisher, which could get quite over as a face move. This continues the build to The Colons and The Prime Time Players fighting at Money in the Bank.

K.Smoke
06-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I like black Cenas finisher.

Titus is worse than Zeke.

Its actually my signature in WWE 12

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2012, 09:43 PM
I like that the WWE is developing their respective finishing maneuvers, as well as their shitty tag team combos.

KaosDarksol
06-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Hope they win the tag titles really loving them as a team and having AW as their manager helps a lot

K.Smoke
06-23-2012, 09:38 AM
They are not fit for tag gold. The Gimmick is cool but giving them the titles would be like giving Santino Marilla the US title...

ok they're gonna get the titles

But looking forward to their rivalry with Primo and Epico.

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Just by having a tag team name they are fit for tag team gold.

Joesgonnakillyou
06-23-2012, 12:18 PM
PTP are easily the best tag team in WWE right now.

The Uso's are so nearly good, they just need some tweaks,

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-23-2012, 12:35 PM
All of a sudden WWE has six tag teams. Maybe not all of a sudden but it seems like they are appearing on TV more.

-Prime Time Players.
-Kofi Kingston and R-Truth
-Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd.
-The Usos.
-Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks.
-Epico/Primo.

That's the most active tag teams in recent memory.

Rollermacka
06-23-2012, 01:58 PM
I do like their little chants, they are catchy. WWE should bring in one more member to truely make them "Prime Time"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bIubTlIIIJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and they can use his theme song

Gertner
06-23-2012, 02:42 PM
lol totally thought of that when they announced their new team name.

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-23-2012, 03:24 PM
I thought of Deion Sanders.

St. Jimmy
06-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Good for Cryme Time. They needed a repackage.

Mr. Nerfect
06-23-2012, 07:24 PM
The Usos are a great babyface team, and just need some heels to feud with.

K.Smoke
06-23-2012, 08:02 PM
The Usos just need a push. I can't for the life of me figure out how they didn't get a title run. Sort of like when I was young and couldn't understand how the Rockers couldn't capture tag gold in the WWE.

Tom Guycott
06-25-2012, 12:24 AM
I thought of Deion Sanders.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KJWSm13LBh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, this was a thing. It actually got airplay.

Cheezy enough to be PTP's theme.

Shadrick
06-25-2012, 02:31 AM
Titus is a member of the same fraternity as my father. Didn't know it until I watched RAW and saw him throw the hooks up with his arms. I tweeted and told him that my father was a member and he followed me back. Very cool dude. I'll be watching and supporting the PTP from here on out.

Tom Guycott
06-25-2012, 02:37 AM
Your dad's a Q? Does he still step?? ^_^

Impeccable
06-25-2012, 08:11 AM
They are a tag team.
They have a team name.
They have a manager.

That'll teach me to read TPWW at work - seriously, acutally LOL'd at that