PDA

View Full Version : its the little things...

The MAC
07-05-2012, 01:39 PM
What are the little things that make you smile when you watch wrestling? you know, little things like wrestlers quirks. For instance, I dig Psycho Sids smiley face on his elbow pad, the way Mankind used to threaten his opponent then end with "have a nice day".

So what quirks have made you smile?

Emperor Smeat
07-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Jericho when he used to have a custom nickname for every wrestler he faced like calling Dean Malenko "Stinko Malenko."

<marquee scrollamount="17">-EDIT- SUPER POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</marquee>

Skippord
07-05-2012, 04:03 PM
AJ's tits

Curtis Anderson
07-05-2012, 05:09 PM
The Worm, Shake Rattle and Roll, Nash's Frame up Elbow thing, People's Elbow, 5 Knuckle Shuffle. Basically any signature move that is just a regular striking move but "hurts more" because they dance or make certain gestures before hand.

Joesgonnakillyou
07-05-2012, 05:28 PM
I used to love it when wrestlers wore the t-shirt of the guy they were feuding with, Jericho and Malenko. It used to happen in the old ECW a lot.

Nowhere Man
07-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I like when people use the ring and the ropes as weapons, in ways other than just "smash his face into the turnbuckle, choke him against the ropes." I remember watching an RoH match recently, and my favorite part of it wasn't the crazy flippy-dippy moves or the thirty-some-odd no-sold finishers, but one part where one guy was on the apron, caught his opponent's leg, and did a simple dragon screw that pulled the guy crotch-first into the middle rope. I like to see people get creative like that.

Heisenberg
07-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Old school stable backstage interviews, the whole format of every guy snarling and threatening opponents and having their stablemates trashing shit in the background.

DrCrawford
07-05-2012, 06:02 PM
jerichos faces and the way he yells at people in the ring

Curtis Anderson
07-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Also, a really well executed top wrist lock

owenbrown
07-05-2012, 06:18 PM
AJ's tits

....and CLOSE THE FUCKING THREAD!

Corporate CockSnogger
07-05-2012, 06:19 PM
....and CLOSE THE http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/smileyvault-censored.gifING THREAD!

Please owen, there could be minors present.

Keith
07-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Hate to admit it, but Santino's little walk down the ramp.

Frank Drebin
07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Jericho when he used to have a custom nickname for every wrestler he faced like calling Dean Malenko "Stinko Malenko."

Greenberg!!
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yh8gMsWKwTE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yh8gMsWKwTE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

BizarroKing
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
^
|
|
|
|

Ralphus! Put that man in the WWE HOF

Tom Guycott
07-05-2012, 08:17 PM
"Matching attire" in tag matches... especially in like 6 or 8 man matches where most of the competitors aren't even a team. Usually accomplished in 3 ways:

1) Everyone is wearing the same thing. Like, if everyone involved has a red variation of their ring attire, they'll wear that in the match.

2) Faces/Heels. Same as above, except that all the faces will wear, say, green and all the heels will wear blue.

3) Feud parings. This one is kind of my favorite, as it's a bit more subliminal. Say again it is a 6 man tag of 3 currently feuding pairs. The guy the wrestler is currently feuding with will have the "matching" colors of his foe.

Crimson
07-05-2012, 08:23 PM

<marquee scrollamount="17">-EDIT- SUPER POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</marquee>

I remember he called Chris Benoit, Chris Benoyt once . I smirked.

He should do it more often, he can do wonders with CM Punk.

Tom Guycott
07-05-2012, 08:26 PM
He also called Michael Cole "Mitchell Cole"

el bobbo
07-06-2012, 12:15 AM
jerichos faces and the way he yells at people in the ring

Jericho when he tells HHH to "get up you son of a bitch" in his Hell in a Cell match with him.

el bobbo
07-06-2012, 12:17 AM
AJ's tits

Small, yet they would be wonderous if in any of our mouths.

el bobbo
07-06-2012, 12:19 AM
AJ's tits

Too perky to pass by.

I could talk about her tits for hours.

If her tits met with Eve's fake tits I would probably jack myself off to death.

el bobbo
07-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Small, yet they would be wonderous if in any of our mouths.

If anyone bangs AJ, get some pics. I bet she would be soooooo good.

Scott Roberts
07-06-2012, 01:56 AM
AJ's tits
I would love to slip Scott Roberts Jr. between those bad boys

whiteyford
07-06-2012, 02:01 AM
I like when people use the ring and the ropes as weapons, in ways other than just "smash his face into the turnbuckle, choke him against the ropes." I remember watching an RoH match recently, and my favorite part of it wasn't the crazy flippy-dippy moves or the thirty-some-odd no-sold finishers, but one part where one guy was on the apron, caught his opponent's leg, and did a simple dragon screw that pulled the guy crotch-first into the middle rope. I like to see people get creative like that.

Stuff like this for sure. Loved Samoa Joes spot where his opponent went for a moonsault and he just stepped out of the way casual as fuck:rofl:

AKin3D
07-06-2012, 02:34 AM
I always love it when guys counter each other's moves till one one-ups the other. It always ends with both guys with a smile on their face, a good laugh, and a hand shake/slap in there sometimes. I always enjoyed when Austin was part of these since win or lose he always cock his head to the side and say something to who ever he was facing and it just changed the whole mood of the match.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2012, 10:50 AM
I really enjoy Daniel Bryan's ring work (as anyone should), but what I really love about it is the story Bryan tells with his face. He was working with Sheamus recently and Sheamus was selling a shoulder. He tackled Bryan to the mat and Bryan had this smirk on his face like "Dude, I totally know you're hurting. And now you're dead." He also had this face when he was in the ring with Kane the other day like "This is really serious business, and I know I need to be on my game to beat you, but you cost me a match the other day and I have something to prove."

It's scary how good Daniel Bryan is.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Whenever Regal goes from being all calm-centered and loving everyone to selling absolute hatred in disdain in a somehow civilized way. That man is another tremendous performer.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Stuff like this for sure. Loved Samoa Joes spot where his opponent went for a moonsault and he just stepped out of the way casual as fuck:rofl:

On the topic of Joe, I used to love how he had a series of moves that would use his power, and then when the dude would kick out, he'd flow into a nice submission hold.

irishmaster
07-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Maybe I am only just realising this and I dunno if this has happened in the past or not but when something happens in the ring - Cena says something funny or there is a series of moves pulled off, the cam angle seems to pick up the commentators. It happened in the past when JR was calling HHH all the names of the day but you expected that because the action was down beside them. They would have to be involved but what i am talking about is when Cena says something funny or CM Punk drops a pipe bomb you can actually see Cole n Kings reactions in the background and they are completly selling it.

K.Smoke
07-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Always been a mark for long long matches

blak23
07-07-2012, 12:33 AM
when wrestlers pay tribute to other wrestlers

Keith
07-07-2012, 12:35 AM
I won't lie, ever since CM Punk started doing the "Macho Man Diving Elbow" as a tribute to Randy Savage, I like him more.

Everytime he does it, it reminds me of Randy. Everytime.

Malfeitor
07-07-2012, 01:06 AM
I won't lie, ever since CM Punk started doing the "Macho Man Diving Elbow" as a tribute to Randy Savage, I like him more.

Everytime he does it, it reminds me of Randy. Everytime.

I love that too. It made me happy at SummerSlam last year when the crowd started to chant Randy's name. I happily joined in.

Curtis Anderson
07-07-2012, 01:10 AM
I liked when Vader pushed himself up off the ground the other night to give us the illusion that he could barely get up on his own anymore. A master of the craft.

KIRA
07-07-2012, 01:25 AM
I'll say it till I die Randy Orton was a master at being a sociopathic heel (and nobody on the boards seemed to get it ) he was measured and creepily monotone when speaking but everything about his speech pattern still felt like he was a severely unhingined person his eye and body motions I loved it man.

MoFo
07-07-2012, 06:33 AM
The Flair Flop, and overselling in general.

The Show Off
07-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Jericho having his opponent in a submission yelling at the ref, "Ask him!"

Bryan Danielson telling the ref how to do his job, "I have 'til five!"

The way El Generico sells, its cartoonish but some how believeable. (I don't know why the WWE or TNA don't sign this guy he could be huge with little kids.)

Triple H moving in unison with his entrance music, especially right before the water spit.

The fans throwing back John Cena's t-shirt back at One Night Stand 2006

Graveler
07-07-2012, 06:00 PM
I'd have to say the things Matt Osbourne did as heel Doink. Like how he'd sit on the apron laughing one minute & then just switch facial expressions. That guy was brilliant in taking such a lousy gimmick and making it something special

Xero
07-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Pretty much any little thing Punk does. Facials, yelling something random, wearing something, etc.

Tom Guycott
07-08-2012, 03:15 AM
The Flair Flop, and overselling in general.

To this end, I always loved when Ric would do the "10 spot" in the corner, where his opponent would smash him 10 times into the turnbuckle, then stop... but Flair bounces HIS OWN HEAD, unassisted, like 4-5 more times, then staggers out to the center of the ring to Flair Flop. Good times.