PDA

View Full Version : X-Division title

Emperor Smeat
07-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Forget to watch TNA a lot but have a simple question regarding the status of the X Division title.

Does TNA treat the title similar to the WWE with the IC/US title being the #2 belt in status or is there another belt that out ranks it besides the heavyweight title?

The age of the title as one of the original belts isn't an issue but just its actual status within TNA.

Mostly asking due to Aires requesting that at least for 1 ppv a year the X Division champion automatically is the challenger for the main heavyweight belt.

Fignuts
07-11-2012, 01:19 PM
There was a time, waaaaay back when they ran the 10.00 PPV's that it was on equal ground with the world title. Maybe even more important.

Now, that's not the case. Though a few guys have gone from x-division champion to main event, I wouldn't call it a true "stepping stone" title. It's still first and foremost a specialty title.

Rollermacka
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
There was a time, waaaaay back when they ran the 10.00 PPV's that it was on equal ground with the world title. Maybe even more important.

Now, that's not the case. Though a few guys have gone from x-division champion to main event, I wouldn't call it a true "stepping stone" title. It's still first and foremost a specialty title.

Yea, it's been around longer than the TV title so I guess it is the #2 title in TNA. A few guys like AJ, Joe, and now Aries have used it as a stepping stone to the world title.