PDA

View Full Version : 1000th Raw Predictions!

MisterLee
07-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Just thought I'd put up a thread about any predictions yall may have in regards to the 1000th episode of RAW.

For me, number one:
http://totoz.eu/gif/CenaWins.gif

#1-norm-fan
07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm really interested to see where they go with the Cena-Punk match. I feel like Cena's going to win. Mainly because I think they wanna keep the 100% cash in success rate going. But on the other hand, would they really through away the progress they've made in making Cena more likeable to everyone by having him beat a face that all those people they've been trying to get on Cena's side love? It's an odd situation.

Also, Rock is definitely gonna be involved in the match in some way whether it's during or simply coming out for a staredown afterwards.

HBK is likely going to get beaten down by Lesnar as well. It just seems too perfect for HHH's best friend to be there on the same night Lesnar returns just a month before their big match at SummerSlam. I can see Lesnar putting HBK in a hold to break his arm/leg before HHH can make the save.

VSG
07-17-2012, 04:33 PM
I can see Lesnar putting HBK in a hold to break his arm/leg before HHH can make the save.

Not too long after this episode is Shawn Michaels Appreciation Night w/Lesnar advertized, I doubt HBK gets hurt till then.

loopydate
07-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I think Lesnar tears through X-Pac and the Outlaws, but HBK survives until appreciation day.

I also think the WWE Universe will be named GM of Raw.

Rock Bottom
07-17-2012, 04:46 PM
The show itself is too hard to predict. I think Punk retains though.

I do expect a promo between Punk and Rock. Rock will address Punk's earlier comments, and Punk will ask Rock why he thinks he deserves a title shot, etc.

Rock Bottom
07-17-2012, 04:47 PM

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I hope you're wrong, I can't bet against it though

Corporate CockSnogger
07-17-2012, 04:49 PM
The only thing I'm interested in seeing is Outlaws and X-Pac come out during the DX segment. Well maybe not the only thing, I'm sure they'll have a whole bunch of fun stuff planned, but that's definitely top of my list.

Cena v Punk will probably get around 30 minutes too so that should be a good match.

#1-norm-fan
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Not too long after this episode is Shawn Michaels Appreciation Night w/Lesnar advertized, I doubt HBK gets hurt till then.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I knew I read HBK and Lesnar being on the same Raw and thinking it would happen. I assumed it was this one.

#1-norm-fan
07-17-2012, 05:05 PM

:lol:

That is so... possible.

#1-norm-fan
07-17-2012, 05:07 PM
And I really wanna see a Rock-Punk promo just to see those two promo styles clash. Could be amazing.

Jordan
07-17-2012, 05:22 PM
I hope Cena and Punk 3 way with Rock at THE Summerslam

#1-norm-fan
07-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I just want Punk to beat The Rock. This would make me happy.

Emperor Smeat
07-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Bryan and AJ wedding ends in shenanigans or AJ backing out suddenly because she has second thoughts.

Heath Slater interrupts DX and gets beat down by them as part of his weekly "Legends" beating.

Punk and Stone Cold have a mini-stare down backstage while Rock and Cena have one later on.

K.Smoke
07-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Gotta go with punk retaining

I would like to see Cena turn cheat in the middle of this match when he realizes that he's not gonna win. Another good Senario would be Rock helping Cena win and then Cena askes for a rematch with the title on the line and Punk help Cena win and Rock and Punk meet up later

Droford
07-17-2012, 08:53 PM
if anyone else had held the belt for 3/4 of a year people would be bitching..punks time...is up

Crimson
07-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Im pumped about the show. Defeniatley looking forward to some of the scenarios already mentioned. Brock beating up DX, Punk/Rock confrontation although if it's anything from what we saw of Rock lately he'll get owned on the mic again.

And of course the Punk/Cena match should be interesting. The wedding however probably will be forgettable as soon as the show ends.

Crimson
07-17-2012, 08:54 PM
if anyone else had held the belt for 3/4 of a year people would be bitching..punks time...is up

Yeah I can't see super Cena being the first to not cash in. He's Vince's baby.

Jura
07-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I just want The Rock to beat Punk. This would make me happy.

loopydate
07-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah I can't see super Cena being the first to not cash in. He's Vince's baby.

Nah, he's the perfect choice. He's literally the only guy on the roster who could lose his cash-in without losing any momentum or creative direction.

Shadrick
07-17-2012, 11:06 PM
I just want Punk to beat The Rock. This would make me happy.

Awww, you're so precious.

mhirn3
07-18-2012, 12:10 AM
I see Cena getting screwed before the bell, keeping his case and getting his shot at the "biggest show of the summer"

I just hope it's the whole dx and not yet another hhh hbk prankathon

#1-norm-fan
07-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Awww, you're so precious.

A man can dream, goddammit.

The MAC
07-18-2012, 04:12 AM
bret shawn iron man match

owenbrown
07-18-2012, 05:02 AM
Nah, he's the perfect choice. He's literally the only guy on the roster who could lose his cash-in without losing any momentum or creative direction.

Cena LOSES?!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/23516660.jpg

owenbrown
07-18-2012, 05:04 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/23517955.jpg

Cuse8
07-18-2012, 10:03 AM
something big is going to happen. what that is exactly i dont know. but 1000th raw..heading into their now 3 hour shows..there was rumors that creative has been working on a big angle, so i think there will be something of note to end next mondays raw

Mr. Pierre
07-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Might as well copy this into here:

I think they plant seeds for Taker/Lesnar at WM29.

I'd have to really think about the whole picture as to how it would play out, but in short, I'd have Lesnar destroy Taker to "send a message" to Triple H. As if to say "look what I did in 10 minutes that you couldn't do at two separate Manias."

It would have to be a very convincing beat down in order for it to kickoff a huge money making match for Mania. Lesnar can bust him open (ala the Extreme Rules "shoot style" on Cena in the very beginning of the match, but even more brutal), even tear up his classic jacket that he wears to the ring, break his arm, etc. I think it would be a very memorable and lasting image to see Taker get beat down that badly without any use of weapons.

It would be very effective in helping Lesnar get tons of heat back after a loss to Cena and a long absence.

Jura
07-18-2012, 06:35 PM
They better have Batista show up.

KaosDarksol
07-19-2012, 12:24 AM
What I want to see but don't expect it: Heath slater calls out all the legends that have ambushed him the past few weeks. They come out plus a few more. They all surround him only to have we are one start playing and have all the original members of nexus come out and beat down the legends. This is then never mentioned afterwards

Keith
07-19-2012, 12:35 AM
This "permanent RAW GM" thing is going to be tricky for anyone to predict, because since so many "legends" will be on hand, who knows if they'll name someone we aren't even thinking about?

MisterLee
07-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Backstage News: Triple H’s Latest Directive + 1,000th RAW
By Ryan Clark on Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 at 10:18 PM EST
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
– The feeling within WWE is that the 1,000th RAW next Monday will go very smoothly because the show is so stacked, but that the company will have a difficult time filling three hours of the show each week. It is also being pointed out that a minor problem is that WWE can no longer do SmackDown tapings on Monday nights if they need to, such as earlier this month when they had to do both shows on Monday due to the Colorado wildfires forcing them to cancel the Tuesday night TV tapings at the World Arena in Colorado Springs, CO.
– You can now follow me (Ryan Clark) on Facebook and Twitter. My Facebook account is located at http://facebook.com/RyanClarkWZR and my Twitter account is at http://twitter.com/RyanClarkWZR Hope to see you soon!
– Triple H recently directed that title reigns should be longer in order to build the importance of the belts. Both CM Punk and Sheamus retained their titles at Money in the Bank and are expected to hold onto them for a while longer. There was tallk at RAW this week that there would be a major angle between John Cena and CM Punk next week where somehow Cena would keep his Money in the Bank briefcase. The Big Show and possibly The Rock would be involved in this. It’s almost guaranteed that this will change numerous times before RAW next week so take this with a grain of salt for now.

Thank you Triple H.

Gonzo
07-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Assuming that's true that's great.

As far as filling three hours...have some more matches. Build up some guys in the undercard. Build the tag team division. They would probably have to expand the roster but I don't think it would be too hard to fill up the time.

#1-norm-fan
07-19-2012, 01:47 PM
They can't fill three hours on PPV without half of it being filler matches. For these writers, it would be very hard.

#1-norm-fan
07-19-2012, 01:52 PM
I said in another thread, they've got some great cruiserweights on the roster and another hour on Raw would be a perfect chance to bring back the cruiserweight title and give those guys on the roster who are great but have nothing to do because you don't wanna put them in with the main guys constantly.

Having one segment on Raw dedicated to the cruiserweight division with guys like Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara, Yoshi Tatsu, PAC, Trent Barreta, Evan Bourne, Justin Gabriel fighting for their own title and being relevant without having to go for a main event title would be an amazing use of time and require very little writing effort.

Team Sheep
07-19-2012, 02:26 PM

I never thought of that, but it makes complete sense with all this social media bollocks they're pushing going forward. It will probably happen :-\

MisterLee
07-19-2012, 02:40 PM
I said in another thread, they've got some great cruiserweights on the roster and another hour on Raw would be a perfect chance to bring back the cruiserweight title and give those guys on the roster who are great but have nothing to do because you don't wanna put them in with the main guys constantly.

Having one segment on Raw dedicated to the cruiserweight division with guys like Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara, Yoshi Tatsu, PAC, Trent Barreta, Evan Bourne, Justin Gabriel fighting for their own title and being relevant without having to go for a main event title would be an amazing use of time and require very little writing effort.

That is real talk. I miss the days of watching WCW Nitro and watching the cruiserweight division..was awesome.

VSG
07-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

There have been rumors for months that WWE was going to be doing a big summer angle that would get people talking. There is a lot of speculation that the angle will be kicked off Monday night, likely at the end of the show.

There aren’t many details going around at this time, as those within the company have been keeping tight lipped.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Sting will finally come out of that cabin.

#1-norm-fan
07-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Hmm... remember when Heyman and Punk had that cryptic "They have no idea..." Twitter exchange? I'll see if I can find it but they were hinting at something huge on the way. This could be it.

#1-norm-fan
07-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah. It was May 28th apparently. I don't feel like having to sit and go back all that time on their twitters but Paul Heyman tweeted "It's going to be one F'N wild year!" and Punk replied "They have NO idea".

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/255415-punk-and-heyman-working-together-early-raw-rating-note

Let the speculation commence!

VSG
07-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Lesnar interferes for a Punk win?

Shadrick
07-19-2012, 05:46 PM
A man can dream, goddammit.

Being that Rock has never had any qualms with putting guys over, you can bet he'll put Punk over at the point that makes Punk look the strongest. Same with Cena.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Hopefully the big story is the debut of the Buff Gunns coming to run roughshod over the WWE tag division.

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/buff-bagwell.jpghttp://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/k/kipjames/01.jpg

Jura
07-19-2012, 06:00 PM
The Rock vs Brock.

Mr. Nerfect
07-20-2012, 08:01 PM

Ugh. You're right. I can feel it in my bones. Anyway, here are some of my predictions:

* The Rock and CM Punk will have a confrontation/promo exchange earlier in the night. Punk will talk shit to The Rock, The Rock will talk shit back and then The Rock will give Punk the Rock Bottom in the main event and Cena will win the WWE Title with help from the man who defeated him at WrestleMania.

Fuck you all, I still believe that the plan is to do Rock vs. Punk, and I'm not shying away from that. Punk will regain the WWE Title very quickly (possibly even as early as SummerSlam) and then carry it into battle against The Rock at WrestleMania next year.

* Daniel Bryan will dump AJ at the alter and Kane will make the save. A lot of people are thinking it will be The Miz, but I just think that the WWE will go with Kane for Bryan, and that the two will meet at SummerSlam.

* Heath Slater will take a Stone Cold Stunner.

* Paul Heyman announces that Brock Lesnar will accept Triple H's challenge...if...Now, I'm not sure what that if will be exactly -- probably something like control of the WWE, or Lesnar's ridiculous demands being met. Something to just amp the volume of the match up to that next level.

* I believe that we may get a Ladder Match of some sort for the Tag Team Titles, to add a little bit of a spotfest to the show and try to attract viewers looking for that sort of entertainment. My guess is that Kofi Kingston & R-Truth will defend the Tag Team Titles against a bunch of tag teams in that chaotic environment. The Primetime Players, Epico & Primo and Hunico y Camacho would be my guesses.

* Brodus Clay will get funky -- possible legend inclusion -- my guess is that Mae Young serves as a Funkadactyl.

* Kharma will return and win a Divas Battle Royal, featuring all the ladies to become the #1 Contender for Layla's Divas Title.

CSL
07-20-2012, 08:08 PM
I PREDICT

that DX will open the show

CSL
07-20-2012, 08:09 PM
the fact I read an interview with Dolph Ziggler yesterday in which he states that DX will be opening the show has nothing to do with the above post whatsoever

Team Sheep
07-21-2012, 09:23 AM
the fact I read an interview with Dolph Ziggler yesterday in which he states that DX will be opening the show has nothing to do with the above post whatsoever

Or that it was stated about 5 times on Raw last Monday?

Corporate CockSnogger
07-21-2012, 09:26 AM
That DX segment is the most excited I've been for anything wrestling related in a long time.

Cuse8
07-21-2012, 10:54 AM
That DX segment is the most excited I've been for anything wrestling related in a long time.

the dx segment is going to go easily 25-30 minutes and i cannot wait

DAMN iNATOR
07-21-2012, 12:16 PM

That is so... possible.

They could also go with Austin, or hell, dare I say it, even Cole.

CSL
07-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Or that it was stated about 5 times on Raw last Monday?

well it definitely has nothing to do with that given I didn't watch RAW last Monday

#1-norm-fan
07-21-2012, 04:46 PM
They could also go with Austin, or hell, dare I say it, even Cole.

Never though about it but Cole is a slight possibility. There's been talk about bringing JR back but I can't see them just removing Cole completely.

"The WWE universe" seems like the safest bet though.

Optimus Bone 69
07-21-2012, 05:56 PM
I predict it will be great, then the following week it will be pish

Optimus Bone 69
07-21-2012, 05:58 PM
How good would it be having Mr Regal back on Raw and in charge
i mean Really how fucking good

Emperor Smeat
07-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Never though about it but Cole is a slight possibility. There's been talk about bringing JR back but I can't see them just removing Cole completely.

The WWE Universe as the potential new GM would make sense considering the hype recently has been about the new social features RAW will have from now on especially with Tout.

If someone on commentating should go, rather have Lawler since at least a Cole-JR team would have that classic heel-face commentator setup and always felt Lawler didn't fit with Cole's style while JR has been great with multiple people. Even Cole proved he works out well with multiple people like the JBL or Josh Mathhews pairings.

parkmania
07-21-2012, 10:45 PM

If someone on commentating should go, rather have Lawler since at least a Cole-JR team would have that classic heel-face commentator setup and always felt Lawler didn't fit with Cole's style while JR has been great with multiple people. Even Cole proved he works out well with multiple people like the JBL or Josh Mathhews pairings.

I can see JR being the new GM before Cole. 1) The last GM was a heel, so I fully expect the new one to be neutral to face. 2) JR as a full-time commentator is a thing of the past, like it or not. 3) I think the Tout thing is as far as WWE is willing to go for now when it comes to "giving power" to the fans.

Having said that though, WWE has been known to skew results/options on fan polls to get the results they want. If they DO go with this option, I fully expect after 6 months or so for Vince to come out with either a "You fans don't know what you want" or a "I gave you power and look at the mess you've made" promo and instituting a "real" GM.

#1-norm-fan
07-21-2012, 11:50 PM
I actually think it would be kinda cool to see Jerry Lawler as an impartial GM. He's a legend and I like having him around. Plus he apparently hates doing commentary and that role would be more into what he's used to after being a wrestler for 80 years.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Had a dream that Heath Slater goes on another rant and then he goes "I'm Heath Slater and I'm a Wild Thing!"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sa0v08XY2G8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keith
07-22-2012, 10:27 AM
If Undertaker does indeed come back tomorrow, and will wrestle before WM29, I wonder who he'll confront tomorrow night.

Xero
07-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Damien Demento.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-22-2012, 04:44 PM
I predict there'll be a bunch of moaning ponces posting online.

Swiss Ultimate
07-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Someone is going to be magically turned into a diva and have to wrestle a match for the spell to be broken.

parkmania
07-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Someone is going to be magically turned into a diva and have to wrestle a match for the spell to be broken.

Been there, done that:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5400000/Backstage-Beauties-Santina-Marella-wwe-divas-5483909-284-390.jpg

Damndirty
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
American Badass Undertaker should be the new GM and should have some roll-on grass down the ramp and in the ring, put a chain-linked fence up in place of the barricade to keep people out of his yard. His office needs to be a small one-roomed house with a mat to sleep on.

Damndirty
07-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Been there, done that:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5400000/Backstage-Beauties-Santina-Marella-wwe-divas-5483909-284-390.jpg

Santina, Harvey Wippleman, and Chyna.... no curse broken.

#1-norm-fan
07-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Had a dream that Heath Slater goes on another rant and then he goes "I'm Heath Slater and I'm a Wild Thing!"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sa0v08XY2G8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fuck how little sense that makes. If that happened, I would get goosebumps.

The man made an agreement before dropping his Twitter. Might as well get something out of him. Even if it only entertains me.