PDA

View Full Version : WWE Raw 1000: A Social Success

Asmo
07-25-2012, 01:03 AM
From AdAge.com:

WWE Raw' Dealt a Social Smackdown on the TV Check-Ins Chart
The GetGlue Top 10, July 16-22
In last week's chart tallying the top TV shows on entertainment check-in service GetGlue, "Breaking Bad" bared its social teeth in its fifth season. But this week, wrestling fans checked into "WWE Raw"'s 1,000th episode in droves. Scroll down below the graphic for more notes and context.

http://gaia.adage.com/images/bin/image/top_tv_jul_16-22_(1).jpg

USA's "WWE Raw" is back on the chart after falling off in recent weeks, and it was quite a comeback. The show drew almost 10 million viewers Monday night, easily cable's ratings winner. It was, incoincidentally, the massively successful live wrestling series' 1,000th episode since it premiered in 1993.

taker707
07-25-2012, 11:28 AM
From AdAge.com:

USA's "WWE Raw" is back on the chart after falling off in recent weeks, and it was quite a comeback. The show drew almost 10 million viewers Monday night, easily cable's ratings winner. It was, incoincidentally, the massively successful live wrestling series' 1,000th episode since it premiered in 1993.

Where the hell did you get 10 million from ?

Source: Nielsen Media Research & Pwtorch.com

This week’s (7/23) edition of WWE Monday night RAW drew a 3.8 cable rating, with an average of 6.02 million viewers over the three hours

CSL
07-25-2012, 11:34 AM
average of

#1-norm-fan
07-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Hmm 3.8? That's a nice little jump from what they've been averaging. I knew they weren't gonna make a huge leap in one episode no matter how big it was but they put on a wildly entertaining show in front of a good audience so that should give them a shot to keep some momentum going and hopefully break the 4.0 barrier by the end of the year. It's a start.

#1-norm-fan
07-25-2012, 06:09 PM
I wonder what the Charlie Sheen live tweeting thing would have done for ratings. He definitely would have gotten a good amount of people who wouldn't regularly watch the show to flip over and watch with him.

Rammsteinmad
07-25-2012, 06:11 PM
I doubt it...

#1-norm-fan
07-25-2012, 06:18 PM
I doubt it...

At LEAST some of his followers would have flipped over sitting at home on a Monday Night on twitter to see all the craziness Sheen is tweeting about.

The man had almost 8 million followers. It would be ridiculous to think that there would be some people reading his live tweets and flipping to Raw because of it.

K.Smoke
07-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Ya i actually made time myself to got see it as it happened even though I normally just dvr and watch l8r. But I actually tuned in this time.