PDA

View Full Version : I watch NXT for...

Rollermacka
07-26-2012, 01:17 PM
For those of you who watch NXT now thats it's pretty much another brand, what are some of your reasons to watch? I've heard good things about the Ascension, Bray Wyatt, who else is worth checking out?

Gonzo
07-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Speaking of this, is there anywhere this show can be found online? It doesn't air where I am, I think.

Rollermacka
07-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Speaking of this, is there anywhere this show can be found online? It doesn't air where I am, I think.

I'm pretty sure it's on youtube on the WWE channel.

Cuse8
07-26-2012, 02:00 PM
seth rollins

Damn
07-26-2012, 02:24 PM
I watch NXT for I dont watch NXT.

VSG
07-26-2012, 02:48 PM

The NXT thread has all aired episodes.

Also, Paige :heart:

whiteyford
07-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Tyson Kidd.

#1-norm-fan
07-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Johnny GAT DAMN Curtis

Emperor Smeat
07-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Somewhat out of habit now when I manage to get around to watching an episode and NXT's style being different than RAW or Smackdown.

It has enough uniqueness to stand out a bit and since it deals mostly in rookie-level wrestlers, a great way to see the development of certain wrestlers into future stars like Wade Barrett from season 1.

MoFo
07-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Paige and Kassius Ohno

Supreme Olajuwon
07-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Kassius Ohno definitely

I'd like to say Seth Rollins but his character kinda gets on my nerves

also hate his finisher

gwaruk
07-26-2012, 04:21 PM
i personally find richie steamboat very annoying kinda like when the great one debuted as rocky miavia, he got rammed down our collective throats till we all thought he sucked.. cept steamboat aint the rock

#1-norm-fan
07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Is Steamboat getting rammed down our throats? Really?

gwaruk
07-26-2012, 04:51 PM
just the whole hugging his pops and goody two shoes image makes me kinda hate on him...

whiteyford
07-26-2012, 04:52 PM
I see what he's saying, he's that bland babyface with a famous relative. Honestly had the same comparison in my head when i saw him.

#1-norm-fan
07-26-2012, 04:52 PM
I like it. It's old school good guy. Kinda the same reason I liked Ted DiBiase when he started the DiBiase posse.

gwaruk
07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
its old school good guy in 2012 thats what it is dude

whiteyford
07-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I can't judge, I said the Rock would amount to nothing on his debut...

#1-norm-fan
07-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Back when Rocky was doing it, it was right at that point where the old school smiley babyface was starting to become tiresome. Now we're at a point where that kind of face has been a dying breed for so long in favor of the Austin-esque badass face that I think there's room for someone now like Steamboat to harken back to his dad's days of good guy/bad guy. It's more of a breath of fresh air than another Austin, Punk, Orton, HHH type.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah but Richie Steamboat is already 25. Definitely past his prime. Definitely not gonna get any better.

#1-norm-fan
07-26-2012, 05:01 PM
its old school good guy in 2012 thats what it is dude

Yes... The term "old school" kind of implies that it harkens back to another time.

St. Jimmy
07-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Tyler Black, Chris Hero.

Skippord
07-26-2012, 07:40 PM
I watch it exclusively to hate Bo Dallas

BollywoodSingh
07-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Jinder Mahal

Keith
07-26-2012, 07:46 PM
I watch NXT so I can listen to JR doing play-by-play (srs).

Ultra Mantis
07-26-2012, 07:47 PM
I find it hard to believe that even BollywoodSingh watches a show for Jinder Mahal.

Nicky Fives
07-26-2012, 09:26 PM
I enjoy Leo Kruger....way better than Justin Gabriel.....

Skippord
07-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Justin Gabriel is infinity better than Leo Kruger

although Leo Kruger reminds me of Kraven The Hunter which is badass

Poit
07-26-2012, 09:34 PM
I enjoy the matches, but I think the main reason I watch NXT is because I feel compelled to watch it before I vote on the match of the week.

although Leo Kruger reminds me of Kraven The Hunter which is badass

Wait, you mean he isn't Kraven the Hunter?

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-26-2012, 09:46 PM
If only he had a Russian accent.

Lock Jaw
07-26-2012, 09:47 PM
William Regal on commentary

"The man gives me the collywobbles"

Skippord
07-26-2012, 09:49 PM
my in depth breakdowns of every episode are a good start, if you want to read how much I love Bray Wyatt and hate his stupid brother that is.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-26-2012, 09:51 PM
I love the team of Regal, Saxton and JR. Saxton seems to be amazingly well informed about the wrestlers even more so that the normal WWE PBP guys.

Can't pin it down to one person or reason why I watch. It's just an amazing concept.

VSG
07-26-2012, 10:28 PM
I watch it exclusively to hate Bo Dallas

Fair enough.

GD
07-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Steve Jobs inspired me to think different.

Volare
07-27-2012, 01:37 AM
It's the new school mixed with some undercard guys to give them time to "perfect their craft" as they say.

Plus it's actual fucking wrestling without bs commentary about random other things besides what's going on in the ring.

gwaruk
07-27-2012, 06:48 AM
just watched this weeks nxt and boy has connor obrian grown!! why he was impersonating a rat in his last incarnation defo got "the look" now imo

Joesgonnakillyou
07-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Basically the old ROH guys, Richie Steamboat and (can't believe more people haven't mentioned him) Bray Wyatt.

I hate Leo Kruger, The Ascension and Bo Dallas with a fire normally reserved for Drew McIntyre

BollywoodSingh
07-27-2012, 04:34 PM
I find it hard to believe that even BollywoodSingh watches a show for Jinder Mahal.

People think he's boring but I think it has very little to do with him. He's been stuck with the typical anti-American, turban-wearing gimmick just because he's Indian and comes out to the most stereotypical Indian music. It's not even Punjabi music.

He's pretty solid in the ring from what I've seen and is at least more comfortable on the mic than a lot of guys in WWE. But his character/gimmick only allows him to speak in Punjabi or just say anti-American stuff, which has been done to death and is not going to get him over as a heel in 2012. I don't get why WWE thinks that Mahal speaking in Punjabi will get him heel heat. If nobody understands what he's saying, they're not going to care about what he's talking about.

He's got the size, the look, good in-ring skills that can be improved, and good mic skills. Plus he's Indian and they're going to need a replacement for Khali to tap into the South Asian markets.

xBSAx
07-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Good up and coming wrestling

Indifferent Clox
07-28-2012, 02:33 AM
just about everybody on NXT is Gold
The Ascension are amazing
everyone's mentioned all the other good ones, but man it gives me hope for the future to see so many dark, excellent gimmicks.

I think richie steamboat has a definite upside

James Steele
07-28-2012, 04:19 AM
It is Triple H's baby, and anything that came from the metaphorical loins of Triple H's brain will be amazing.

Gertner
07-28-2012, 08:05 AM
The more that I watch The Ascension, the more I'm disliking them. They don't work well as a team and just like Ohno, Steamboat, Dallas THEY ARE TOO FUCKING SMALL!

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2012, 08:29 AM
People think he's boring but I think it has very little to do with him. He's been stuck with the typical anti-American, turban-wearing gimmick just because he's Indian and comes out to the most stereotypical Indian music. It's not even Punjabi music.

He's pretty solid in the ring from what I've seen and is at least more comfortable on the mic than a lot of guys in WWE. But his character/gimmick only allows him to speak in Punjabi or just say anti-American stuff, which has been done to death and is not going to get him over as a heel in 2012. I don't get why WWE thinks that Mahal speaking in Punjabi will get him heel heat. If nobody understands what he's saying, they're not going to care about what he's talking about.

He's got the size, the look, good in-ring skills that can be improved, and good mic skills. Plus he's Indian and they're going to need a replacement for Khali to tap into the South Asian markets.

I actually agree with you. Mahal has had moments where he has impressed me with his presence, his promos and even some of the things he does in the ring. He's still so young, too. I'll give him time to develop, but I definitely think he needs a character.

It was touched on by one of the commentators, but it was sort of dropped -- I liked the idea of it being brought up that he's rich and powerful in his home country, and thus he must be doing this out of some sick need to hurt people. Or perhaps it's the chip on his shoulder of being from a wrestling family? There needs to be some why behind Jinder Mahal if anyone is ever going to care about him.

I still think the WWE should hire a really hot Indian girl to play The Great Khali's sister and be in his corner.

VSG
07-28-2012, 08:31 AM
The more that I watch The Ascension, the more I'm disliking them. They don't work well as a team and just like Ohno, Steamboat, Dallas THEY ARE TOO FUCKING SMALL!

We get it, you are into BBWs.

Ultra Mantis
07-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Mahal is boring as shit, both in terms of gimmick and ring work. I've yet to see him have an enjoyable match with anyone. Maybe he'll get better when he turns face and they give him the Matthew Patel gimmick but right now he's just plain boring. I can understand wanting him to improve but in his current state he's the last person who would make me want to tune in to NXT.

Raven Reaper
07-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Paige aka Britani Knight. (Her best feud in the UK indie circuit is her REAL LIFE MOM, Saraya.)

Mr. Nerfect
07-29-2012, 02:51 AM
I would absolutely love it if the WWE signed Saraya Knight to come in and feud with Paige. It'd be a pretty immense angle, actually. Saraya seems like she's in great shape for a woman of 40, and it could be positive press for the WWE to sign a woman of that age to a full-time contract -- even if she is just brought in for a year or two and then steps down to become a producer or trainer for the female workers.

The problem with the ladies in the WWE is that no one cares. People cared about Kharma because she was different. People cared about Layla and Michelle McCool (mildly), because they had characters. People cared about Trish Stratus and Lita because they had so much charisma for female performers.

When it comes time to bring Paige up to the main roster, have her mother attack her after her first match, and talk about how Paige owes her entire life to her, and that Saraya never got her shot in the WWE, and here is her little daughter -- not even a proper woman yet and getting the shots.

Say what you want about it -- people would care. TNA has proven that people can get behind female storylines. They just have to be there.

Rollermacka
07-29-2012, 11:13 PM

Wel, there not 2 Daniel Bryans. Colin isn't bulky big or a super heavyweight, but he's taller/ bigger than the average wrestler. His partner is an average size guy, I guess the WWE is trying to show them as dominating because they are vicious.

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2012, 04:57 AM
The Ascension need a feud. Hopefully Mike Dalton & Jason Jordan get built up quickly!