PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Wade Barrett

Heisenberg
08-09-2012, 02:12 PM
It's about time.

I felt he deserves his own thread dedicated to anything and everything Barrett related.

I look forward to him coming back and interacting with everyone, and hopefully they will send him to the top of the foodchain.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l8C2MXNIhNU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Brigstocke
08-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Barrett looked sexy as fuck in his little video on Raw this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see him reappear at the SummerSlam PPV.

Schlomey
08-09-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm not saying I'm gay. But I would totally take a load....What?

Juan
08-09-2012, 04:34 PM
On Monday's RAW, WWE aired a promo hyping the return of former Nexus leader Wade Barrett, who has been out of action since February due to injury. The promo, which showed a bearded Barrett unleashing havoc at a fight club, will air on WWE television through SummerSlam.

Barrett returned to action in a dark match prior to Tuesday's SmackDown tapings from Houston, Texas and is currently overseas with the SmackDown brand for its weekend tour of Asia. He is expected to return to action after SummerSlam.

Originally, there was talk of Barrett returning at WWE's Money in the Bank pay-per-view and winning a title contract, to be cashed in at SummerSlam. Those plans were decided against, however sources indicate Barrett is still in line for a run with one of WWE's top titles later this year.

Source: f4wonline.com

Schlomey
08-09-2012, 04:37 PM
So we should expect him to destroy Sheamus in the "main event" at Summerslam. I hope so. I am bored to tears with Del Rio and a Sheamus vs Barrett feud sounds LOVELY. I miss him.

Brigstocke
08-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm not saying I'm gay. But I would totally take a load....What?

Of course you would, you Jews will take anything that costs nothing.

Schlomey
08-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I would not take a load from Giant Bernard or that dancing clown (i'm drunk and forget his name) with that stupid hat. The dinosaur guy.

Heisenberg
08-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Fuckin' psyched, he has the makings to be a top heel.

Cuse8
08-09-2012, 06:19 PM
love barrett..i just hope to god they change that awful theme music he had for about 3 wks before he got injured..

Joesgonnakillyou
08-09-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm too scared to read anything by heisenberg because i'm only on Season 3 of breaking bad.

But Barrett, yeah, Barrage and all that!

Heisenberg
08-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I will ban myself before spoiling that awesome fucking show.

Jura
08-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Wyde Bearrott. Bearrott Bahroj

XCaliber
08-09-2012, 11:22 PM
love barrett..i just hope to god they change that awful theme music he had for about 3 wks before he got injured..

Didn't help that the edit of it was utter crap unlike the remix which I think is way better and I hope that's what he's using when he comes back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lZ83zwEPqZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BEWM!

Shisen Kopf
08-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Wade Barrett is good in the ring but he's kind of boring. I would repackage him as a soccer hooligan and he can recruit a bunch of tubby bald English fucks into his stable and they beat up people for no reason and talk in horrible slang. Then Sheamus can be like I'm Irish and he can recruit pro Ira stable and they can have sectarian violence in The WWE. Then they hire Bono to negotiate peace. Epic.

Wishbone
08-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Barrett is the goods. Give him time and he'll be a massive star no doubt.

Tom Guycott
08-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Wade Barrett is good in the ring but he's kind of boring. I would repackage him as a soccer hooligan...

Too close to what Claudio Castagnoli is doing. Unless they derail Barrett's imminent push to make them a tag team.

Then again, they could have the whole "fight club" vignettes for a couple weeks, then when Wade actually comes back, he comes down to the ring doing the Alex Wright dance flanked by two more dancing valets and immediately feuds with King Hippo over who "got served". Winner gets all the girls.

Also, it was hard for me to keep reading past "bearded Barrett" in the initial post. That in and of itself sounds badass. No where near as badass as Mike Knox's chin-stache, which was so epic it changed my opinion on him as a worker!

"Bearded Barrett" is somewhere between Damien Sandow and whenever Danielson went full mountain man like back when he said he wasn't shaving until he cashed in MitB until 'Mania and that he wasn't going to shave until then instead of playing up the whole goat-face thing and trimming the sides down and looking more like a faun (without the pan flute and harem of women).

Wishbone
08-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Lol I never noticed it but Daniel does look like a faun XD

#1-norm-fan
08-10-2012, 02:38 AM
I always thought Barrett was overrated. Not that he's bad but I'm sick of guys wanting every halfway decent wrestler with a decent look to win the world title NOW NOW NOW! Standards for a world champion have gotten insanely low.

That being said, that video for his return was REALLY well done and I like the idea of him having a "no nonsense" English badass fighter kinda like Regal had but on a higher level on the card would be pretty awesome for him. It would really separate him from the other generic younger heels the internet jizzes about way too much.

#1-norm-fan
08-10-2012, 02:43 AM
Too close to what Claudio Castagnoli is doing. Unless they derail Barrett's imminent push to make them a tag team.

The English Soccer Hooligans

#1-norm-fan
08-10-2012, 02:44 AM
TESH

#1-norm-fan
08-10-2012, 02:45 AM
http://www.chymfm.com/images/2008/06/08CHYMTesh_150x150.jpg

Heisenberg
08-10-2012, 02:47 AM
John Tesh as his manager would be fucked on so many levels

#1-norm-fan
08-10-2012, 02:50 AM
The Barrett barrage under the tutelage of Tesh.

Schlomey
08-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Oh you mean the TBBUTTOTESH....gotcha

Heisenberg
08-10-2012, 02:56 AM
Heeth Slatetah, Dayvid O-Tongue-Gah!

Mr. Nerfect
08-11-2012, 05:39 AM
I like Wade Barrett. He's a fantastic talker and he has the sense to position himself in a way where he sees himself as the hero of his own story. I actually think Barrett would make a bad-ass babyface down the line, although the card is heaps stacked with faces right now.

I'd definitely go with different theme music for the man, however. Even something instrumental and dark. Something with a creepy piano intro that then gets really grizzly. Give him dark lighting for his entrances and such. Let him shake his opponent's hand before absolutely destroying them. He holds no malice towards them -- it's just the code Barrett operates by.

I think his finishing move could use some tweaking, too. I understand moving away from The Wasteland, but I think The Winds of Change is a bit weak, too. How about a Pump Handle Ace Crusher, or something like that? Or even a Pump Handle Wasteland? He doesn't need anything too flashy, but I think Barrett suits the sort of finisher that requires that short set-up after he's beaten the living piss out of his opponent. Something powerful, but elaborate. Even something like an Implant DDT, which is a finisher that I think should really be used by someone.

irishmaster
08-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Wade Barrett is good in the ring but he's kind of boring. I would repackage him as a soccer hooligan and he can recruit a bunch of tubby bald English fucks into his stable and they beat up people for no reason and talk in horrible slang. Then Sheamus can be like I'm Irish and he can recruit pro Ira stable and they can have sectarian violence in The WWE. Then they hire Bono to negotiate peace. Epic.

YES YES YES!!!

DAMN iNATOR
08-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Was starting to wonder where the fuck he was.

Tom Guycott
08-12-2012, 02:56 AM
I always thought Barrett was overrated. Not that he's bad but I'm sick of guys wanting every halfway decent wrestler with a decent look to win the world title NOW NOW NOW! Standards for a world champion have gotten insanely low.

I agree with the sentiment that any halfway appealing character-slash-worker shouldn't get rocketed to the top of the card merely because they're new and fresh. I mean, I'm sure there are some here who think Damien Sandow should be #1 contender right now. However, that part about knocking world champion standards kinda makes it sound like an argument about their size as well. I don't agree with that if that inference is true.

For example, even Big Kev's statement about supposedly going downhill after making small guys champs shoots itself in its rickety knees because his own homeboy SHAWN FREAKIN' MICHALES wasn't that big of a guy to begin with... and he arguably the greatest ever to lace them up???

[REDACTED]

I nearly went on a tangent about this. Decided against it. Moving on...

That being said, that video for his return was REALLY well done and I like the idea of him having a "no nonsense" English badass fighter kinda like Regal had but on a higher level on the card would be pretty awesome for him. It would really separate him from the other generic younger heels the internet jizzes about way too much.

You mean, higher on the card than being both the General Manager AND #1 Contender for the WWE Championship? Regal would have been at least, AT LEAST a 2 time champion at this point if he himself didn't fuck up his own push.

owenbrown
08-12-2012, 03:21 AM
The best thing John Tesh ever did...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Pnl1ulaG5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-norm-fan
08-12-2012, 04:14 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cg840aTb6Os" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brigstocke
08-12-2012, 05:06 PM
I have to agree with Noid (as always) that Barrett has been using two massively unimpressive finishers and something better could easily be found.

I agree that something with a bit of grandeur is needed, Maybe a Dominator used in the way Bobby Lashley did it? or something that 'comes from nowhere like Abyss/Joseph Park's Black Hole Slam?

However I did read recently that Barrett has been working a more methodical and deliberate style on the recent Asia tour and if he was to bring this back to TV I'd love to see him utilise a submission finish. Imagine how sexy badass, bearded Barrett would look picking someone apart to 'soften them up' for submission and then snapping a London Dungeon on them.

:drool:

XCaliber
08-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Don't care for Wasteland all that much but I like TWOF but the name sucks.

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
I have to agree with Noid (as always) that Barrett has been using two massively unimpressive finishers and something better could easily be found.

I agree that something with a bit of grandeur is needed, Maybe a Dominator used in the way Bobby Lashley did it? or something that 'comes from nowhere like Abyss/Joseph Park's Black Hole Slam?

However I did read recently that Barrett has been working a more methodical and deliberate style on the recent Asia tour and if he was to bring this back to TV I'd love to see him utilise a submission finish. Imagine how sexy badass, bearded Barrett would look picking someone apart to 'soften them up' for submission and then snapping a London Dungeon on them.

:drool:

Wade Barrett actually does use a Black Hole Slam, haha. I personally don't like the move. I've got no clue why, I just don't. I certainly have no problem with Barrett using it to catch a babyface trying to build momentum off guard to lead to his regularly scheduled finish, but as a match ender, I don't buy The Winds of Change.

I was thinking about a submission for Barrett, also. Maybe The Rings of Saturn?

Heisenberg
09-05-2012, 08:54 AM
He deserves better than this, and hope he doesn't stay there long....

....and out of respect I'm going to try and tune in Friday when he makes his return to Smackdown!