PDA

View Full Version : The 'bitch about wrestling' thread / Autobahns very own wrestling thread!

Autobahn
08-20-2012, 08:38 AM
We all have our gripes with certain aspects of wrestling at times. So instead of having multiple threads about something we hate in wrestling, why not utilise this one thread as a handy, dandy time saver. Because we, as wrestling fans have gripes that we need to air on a public forum such as this.

I'll start. I don't like the direction of CM Punk's character since the heel turn. He comes across as just another whiney heel at the moment. I say at the moment, as this could be leading to something more (i'm hoping), but regardless I liked the 'genuineness' of Punks character as a heel (right after the pipe bomb promo) and as a face. His gripes with the company were believable because they were genuine. This whole 'I demand respect' claim he is making just doesn't feel right.

Comment, discuss, agree, disagree, Kurrgan.

Shisen Kopf
08-20-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't like the wwe at all right now. The only good thing going for them is Ryback and Sandow. I probably won't even tape Raw tonight. Maybe I'll start following OCW, that seems like the real deal!

itsmeJD
08-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Only 12 days until Fully Charged episode 42!

Also, for the record, I hate Santino Marella and wished they'd future endeavor him. Or at the very least repackage him into something interesting. Fucking cobra....

#1-norm-fan
08-20-2012, 03:43 PM
I'll start. I don't like the direction of CM Punk's character since the heel turn. He comes across as just another whiney heel at the moment.

Yeah, definitely gonna have to agree with this.

Big Vic
08-20-2012, 04:33 PM
My big problem with punk now was him bitching about the triple threat, doesn't seem like something he would have bitched about before, to drastic of a change over a week when like 2 months before he was put in a triple threat for his title as well.

#1-norm-fan
08-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Exactly. I don't like how he's doing shit just for the sake of being a stereotypical heel all of a sudden. And it's not really connected to the "I'm gonna say what's on my mind" aspect of his character. He should be welcoming a triple threat match to just show off how he's the best in the world.

CSL
08-20-2012, 05:22 PM
in regards to this Punk heel stuff, Summerslam was the first WWE stuff I'd seen since RAW 1000/when he twatted Rock. Is he actually a heel? Because he seemed very tweener-ish/borderline blue-eye last night outside of the general tone of his promo with AJ

#1-norm-fan
08-20-2012, 05:30 PM
They're walking the tweener line but like I said he's doing flat out heel-ish stuff like bitching about having to be in a triple threat match and making snide comments toward Cena that just kinda came out of the blue.

Supreme Olajuwon
08-20-2012, 06:14 PM
It seems to me that they're kinda just making him the inverse of Cena to split the audience. Like basically they're making him just heely enough that people will side with Cena even though they know most of Punk's fans will root for Punk regardless.

I dunno, I could be over thinking it.

Keith
08-20-2012, 06:17 PM
I can't even criticize Punk's character right now because quite frankly I don't even know where he's headed.

It's quite possible they're trying something out we've never seen (in regards to a wrestler's character), or we haven't seen in a while.

I'll just watch and go along for the ride.

#1-norm-fan
08-20-2012, 06:34 PM
It almost seems like they're just making him enough of a dick so that he can lose cleanly to a face and it will be a "feel good moment". If he stayed the "tell it like it is", fun-loving and lovable babyface he was, Rock beating him at the Rumble and ending his 14 month title reign would kinda cut in to the "moment" of Rock winning the title by some sadness of the beloved Punk's reign coming to and end. If Punk is just a douchebag and loses the title to Rock at the Rumble, it adds to it by throwing in the fact that not only did he win the title but he took it away from an annoying asshole.

In which case, I'd hate the fact that they're using a full time character who they need to be focused on putting over for the future in order to hype a guy who will wrestle 2, possibly 3 matches next year total. They're lucky that they have a guy like The Rock around since they completely failed in building new "faces of the company" since then. They can't now use the fact that he's around part time to say "Welp, no need to worry about building up the next Rock since we've got Rock back. Let's just focus on him and then when he leaves again we're fucked."

#1-norm-fan
08-20-2012, 06:35 PM
I guess what I'm saying is they shouldn't be adapting characters to fit what they want to do with The Rock.

Curd
08-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Only 12 days until Fully Charged episode 42!

Also, for the record, I hate Santino Marella and wished they'd future endeavor him. Or at the very least repackage him into something interesting. Fucking cobra....

It's too bad that Santino BORE-ella wasn't around in the Attitude Era, or else he could call his folded arm attack the "Dick Slap!"

JR: "DICK SLAP to Ziggler! Vickie Guerrero in the ring! Buy Gawd. Santino hit the DICK SLAP on Vickie Guerrero! Buy Gawd!"

#1-norm-fan
08-20-2012, 07:56 PM
It's too bad that Santino BORE-ella wasn't around in the Attitude Era...

I see what you did there...

And fuck you.

Curd
08-20-2012, 08:01 PM
I see what you did there...

And fuck you.

You win again, #1WWF Fan! :D

Damndirty
08-21-2012, 01:35 AM
My bitching about wrestling comes to this: One of the biggest things that drew me in was the comedy, and I don't mean doing the same gag over and over and over, I mean creative comedy, like DX making fun of the Nation or Corperation and almost every Stone Cold or Rock segment. We don't see very much of it anymore, especially from the top guys. It's gotten too serious at a time serious doesn't appeal to its majority of audience. Also, with the serious, there is no extreme to it, so it's kind of stuck in the middle with performing with minimal wrestling (Punk, Bryan, and Brock aside).

KyleEmmott
08-22-2012, 12:39 AM
I hate the lack of gimmicks in the WWE. I hate that Smackdown isn't live. I hate the new referee. I hate Santino Marella. I hate the "Be A Star" program. I AJ as a GM. I hate that Stephanie McMahon isn't on tv. I hate Alberto Del Rio, he's boring,stale, and just not interesting. I hate Eve. I hate how social media is shoved down our throats. I hate this Social Media Ambassador crap.

Kane Knight
08-22-2012, 03:11 AM
It's too bad that Santino BORE-ella wasn't around in the Attitude Era, or else he could call his folded arm attack the "Dick Slap!"

But his Jay Leno-ish acting would be completely transparent because back then, people occasionally watched the Tonight Show.

Big Vic
08-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Exactly. I don't like how he's doing shit just for the sake of being a stereotypical heel all of a sudden. And it's not really connected to the "I'm gonna say what's on my mind" aspect of his character. He should be welcoming a triple threat match to just show off how he's the best in the world.
I do like how he was going to pick Cena to face though on monday.

JimmyMess
08-22-2012, 02:12 PM
they don't even try to portray this as real any more..... the social media connection deflates everything about wrestling

Damndirty
08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
I hate that Stephanie McMahon isn't on tv.

Supreme Olajuwon
08-23-2012, 10:37 PM
I hate Eve.

What are you, some sort of a gaymosexual?

Autobahn
08-24-2012, 03:44 AM
She has a big chin.

Among other things, ah cha cha

dronepool
08-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Wrestling is mindless entertainment that's cheesy and embarassing to admit to watching sometimes. Certain people take it way too seriously and it's always funny when they do.

If it wasn't for Punk and a few others, it would be unbearable to watch.

KyleEmmott
08-24-2012, 01:10 PM
What are you, some sort of a gaymosexual?
I never said she wasn't hot, I'm just saying she should've stuck to her backstage interview role.

Supreme Olajuwon
08-24-2012, 01:47 PM
FAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Razzamajazz
08-24-2012, 01:51 PM
I HAET PG BRING BACK ATTITOOD AND BLOOD AND PILEDRIVERS AND REAL WRESTLING

Gertner
08-25-2012, 12:51 PM
I hate AJ with a passion. She's not hott, her theme music is annoying and I want to punch her in the face.

Volare
08-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Why the fuck is Kaitlyn not wearing less?

Gertner
08-25-2012, 01:19 PM
She is incredibly hott.