PDA

View Full Version : HHH/Lesnar rematch?

Savio
08-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Would you guys like to see a rematch between the 2?

JimmyMess
08-27-2012, 04:02 PM
neither benefits from a rematch. No point in Triple H putting Lesnar over and then winning a rematch.

And Lesnar winning twice doesn't mean much because well... he already won "THE" match.

Pintint
08-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Id like to see it, something like a HIAC would be fun to watch. Don't care who wins.

XCaliber
08-27-2012, 04:06 PM
No thanks i'd rather see Lesnar face someone else.

JimmyMess
08-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Id like to see it, something like a HIAC would be fun to watch. Don't care who wins.

yeah physically it would be cool to get a real throwdown. But in terms of the "psychology of wrestling" BROTHER, it has had its day

Ruien
08-27-2012, 04:11 PM
It benefits the fans to have another fantastic match. Fuck what wrestler it benefits because none of them need to be "benefited"

Nowhere Man
08-27-2012, 04:11 PM
I can see Trips coming back in time to face Lesnar to a rematch at Wrestlemania.

Emperor Smeat
08-27-2012, 04:54 PM
No like JimmyMess said, a rematch really wouldn't benefit either of them.

Triple H getting a win back wouldn't really benefit him but does hurt Lesnar more. Same for Lesnar winning again since he's already injured Triple H twice and benefits more as the guy to end Trips career than have a rematch only to see Trips lose again.

Even a match with HBK to win back the honor of Triple H wouldn't work out in the long run considering Lesnar beat him up really easily.

itsmeJD
08-27-2012, 07:02 PM
I can't really say I was hyped about watching them the first time so I voted no.

James Steele
08-28-2012, 02:02 AM
I'd love to see it, but I think they would be beating a dead horse. They stretched it out for basically 4 1/2 months, so there isn't anything else to do with it. If Brock is only staying through Mania and doing a 1 year contract to make some cash and go home, I want to see him wrestle some different people and put in different situations. For some demented reason, I want to see Dolph Ziggler sell Brock's offense. I am interested in seeing who Brock's opponent is at WrestleMania. Brock/Taker Undead Edition, Brock/Rock, Brock/Cena II, Brock/HHH II, etc. don't interest me at all. Those are the only real "high profile" matches for Brock at Mania, so unless WWE pulls a magic rabbit out of their asshat...eh. If WWE is serious about Ryback and keep building him up and do so meaningfully in the upcoming months, Brock putting over Ryback to cement him firmly in the main event could be $$$. I just don't know if Ryback will be ready for that. Ryback is fucking over and I think he can develop more of a character as he displayed when he was "The Cornfed Meathead" Skip Sheffield.

DaVe
08-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Could see Brock/Cena II with inspiration from the story of Brock/Mir I and II. Brock/Taker would be stupidly huge. As would Brock/Rock. Don't think Brock/Trips II works.

Big Vic
08-28-2012, 08:25 AM
I'd like to see Brock vs DB/Punk/Zigg/ADR....and I guess Sheamus. those are 5 money matches to me.

Razzamajazz
08-28-2012, 11:27 AM
^
what

Big Vic
08-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Brock vs DB
Brock vs Punk
Brock vs Zigg
Brock vs ADR
Brock vs Sheamus

whiteyford
08-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Like others have said, a rematch doesn't benefit either really, why waste one of his limited dates on a guy he's already faced and beaten so soon when there's a bunch of potentially fresh opponents for him.

Tommy Gunn
08-28-2012, 03:53 PM
I think the whole point of Lesnar going over HHH was to rebuild his heat after losing to Cena, so that someone full-time can get the rub of getting a future win over him.

Joesgonnakillyou
08-28-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm certain they're building to a rematch between the two.

Emperor Smeat
08-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Looks like there might be a rematch planned after all even with the Triple H retirement segment last night on RAW.

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar re-match

Triple H is expected to face Brock Lesnar either at the Hell In A Cell PPV in October or the Survivor Series PPV in November.

Despite the angle on last night’s Raw, Triple H is not retiring.

Swiss Ultimate
08-28-2012, 06:11 PM
I get my benefits from the Navy.

Fignuts
08-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Well thats nice swiss, but how do you feel about a lesnar/trips rematch.

James Steele
08-28-2012, 09:52 PM
I think a rematch would draw (especially in Hell in a Cell), but I don't know what it'd accomplish. Triple H winning would be a good "comeback story", but it'd hurt whoever Brock faces at the Rumble.

#1-norm-fan
08-28-2012, 10:16 PM
If WWE is serious about Ryback and keep building him up and do so meaningfully in the upcoming months, Brock putting over Ryback to cement him firmly in the main event could be $$$.

FUCK I want to see them go this way but I don't think there' any chance of it. Lesnar coming out to say he came back to beat Triple H, he did it and now he's done when all of a sudden Ryback comes out and stares him down would have been an incredible "Clash of generations" moment.

Swiss Ultimate
08-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Well thats nice swiss, but how do you feel about a lesnar/trips rematch.

Lesnar and HHH had a match????

ace3025
09-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Honestly, Lesnar losing to Cena killed so much of the interest in Brock. Here was a badass that came in and went straight for #1, beat the shit out of him for weeks, beat him within an inch of his life......and lost.
As for HHH, the guy is a legend, but how many times do we have to sit through him stealing the show by immediately booking himself against whoevers hot. We watch HHH immediately suck all of punks momentum and put it into a match with Nash. Now he takes a golden opportunity for anyone on the active roster and turns it into a RAW that focused entirely on how magnificent HHH is/was. Everyone chastises hogan for the same shit but because it's HHH, it's ok.
I for one would be perfectly happy if I never have to hear HHH and HBK talk about how much love they have for each other, and why they strongly urge the other not to go through with the match EVER again.

As for Lesnar, let ryback or a freshly dethroned Punk take him on. Anyone but HHh and his butt buddy

#1-norm-fan
09-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Honestly, Lesnar losing to Cena killed so much of the interest in Brock. Here was a badass that came in and went straight for #1, beat the shit out of him for weeks, beat him within an inch of his life......and lost.

It definitely killed a lot of the interest in Brock as a badass if you put a shitload of stock into that minute where Cena hit him with a chain as he was running full speed at him to gain the upper hand and not so much stock in the whole beating the living shit out of the #1 guy in the company for weeks on end and then for 95% of the match.

ace3025
09-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Even looking at it that way, this guy who was supposed to be a monster was beaten by a punch, foreign object or not. The very next night Cena was still there and Lesnar was instantly turned into a whining baby that "quit" because he didn't get his way.
How is that more intimidating than someone who beat the hell out of the top guy, and won,after a 9 year absence? Even if he still quits after winning he still brings a hell of a lot more to the dance against HHH. Plus we could've even seen a storyline where HHH was the one refusing to face Brock because of some sort of perceived fear. We still would've got Heyman involved as he "pushed HHHs buttons" but all the while Brock is still in control. Think of the statement it would make if HHH was "afraid" to face Brock. Instead of Brock hiding behind Heyman

#1-norm-fan
09-02-2012, 01:41 PM
I didn't say it was MORE intimidating than if he had won. People seem to think the UFC guy who had been gone for a decade should have come in to WWE and beat the fuck out of and defeated the top guy in the business and if he doesn't do exactly that, then he just looks like shit. He DESTROYED Cena. EMTs had to come in like one minute into the match for Cena. lol

The top guy in the business got his ass beat and thrown around like a ragdoll for all but one minute basically and then Lesnar got cocky, taunted a lot, went for the kill and took a shot with a chain and then got the guy's finisher on steel steps and took a three count. Lesnar looked like he was a legit UFC badass who could deal out a beating that comes off as "real". Cena came off as the ideal sports entertainment superhero babyface who took everything the monster had and found a way to win as the crowd went nuts for it. I can't see how it was less than stellar booking.

#1-norm-fan
09-02-2012, 01:47 PM
If they wanted to go with Triple H being afraid to face Brock, the end of that match wouldn't have stopped them. They could have. They didn't want to go that direction though. The build to Triple H-Lesnar is a completely separate issue.

ace3025
09-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Touché

Although had Cena left on a stretcher, or something along the lines of taker v HHH where couldn't leave under his own power, it would've sent a better message. I think Cena basically shrugging of the beating, which his promo and immediate return to RAW essentially did, made Brock's beating look less severe.
In a positive spin, it sent the message that wrestling was better than UFC, but in doing so they told us that while Brock may beat the hell out of you, he's not a threat. Then they spent the next 4 months convincing us otherwise

St. Jimmy
09-02-2012, 01:56 PM
His arm will heal in a month? :|

Trips getting his win back is stupid, Lesnar beating Hunter twice doesn't do anything for him. Lesnar needs to get his win back from Cena. Beating Cena in November or October gives Cena time to bounce back and be ready by the Rumble.

ace3025
09-02-2012, 02:08 PM
If they wanted to go with Triple H being afraid to face Brock, the end of that match wouldn't have stopped them. They could have.

I disagree. Had Brock beaten Cena he could've taken the WWE "hostage" beating up whomever he felt like. Running his mouth, and becoming an "undesirable", like punk last summer. HHH as CEO would ask him to stop trashing "his" company and then Brock breaks his arm or whatever, and lead to the only way of stopping Brock is to beat him.

Instead, him making demands after losing was silly and we got the result of Brock being mad HHH wasn't playing nice. Which culminated with HHH being in control of the feud.

Monsters should always be in control, that's why they're monsters

#1-norm-fan
09-02-2012, 02:13 PM
I disagree. Had Brock beaten Cena he could've taken the WWE "hostage" beating up whomever he felt like. Running his mouth, and becoming an "undesirable", like punk last summer. HHH as CEO would ask him to stop trashing "his" company and then Brock breaks his arm or whatever, and lead to the only way of stopping Brock is to beat him.

Instead, him making demands after losing was silly and we got the result of Brock being mad HHH wasn't playing nice. Which culminated with HHH being in control of the feud.

Monsters should always be in control, that's why they're monsters

Your issue seems to be with the direction they went with it. Brock literally could have still done everything you just said if they wanted to go that direction after he lost the match to Cena. Getting his shoulders pinned to the mat for a 3 count did not prevent him coming out and beating up whoever he wanted and "taking WWE hostage".

#1-norm-fan
09-02-2012, 02:16 PM
If they wanted to go that direction, do you really think it would have been unrealistic for Triple H to have been afraid to face Brock after how badly he beat Cena just because Brock got pinned?

ace3025
09-02-2012, 02:39 PM
They did let him do all of those things after losing, and it was dumb. He had no validity to his actions, and they had to completely ignore his Cena match because no matter what he said he did to Cena.... He lost. In a sport where pinning your opponent is the end all be all, being pinned does prevent someone from "running the show"

ace3025
09-02-2012, 02:49 PM
My issue isn't so much where they went it, but who they went to. The Cena storyline wasn't finished, and they were plenty of active talent they could've put him with. Instead they rehashed the same storyline they used for the end of an era taker match earlier this year. Except they had HHH asking for the match to prove something instead of his opponent. We even saw the same "I love you so much hunter" "I love you Shawn" promo

James Steele
09-02-2012, 04:03 PM
As for HHH, the guy is a legend, but how many times do we have to sit through him stealing the show by immediately booking himself against whoevers hot. We watch HHH immediately suck all of punks momentum and put it into a match with Nash. Now he takes a golden opportunity for anyone on the active roster and turns it into a RAW that focused entirely on how magnificent HHH is/was. Everyone chastises hogan for the same shit but because it's HHH, it's ok.
I for one would be perfectly happy if I never have to hear HHH and HBK talk about how much love they have for each other, and why they strongly urge the other not to go through with the match EVER again.

As for Lesnar, let ryback or a freshly dethroned Punk take him on. Anyone but HHh and his butt buddy

His arm will heal in a month? :|

Trips getting his win back is stupid, Lesnar beating Hunter twice doesn't do anything for him. Lesnar needs to get his win back from Cena. Beating Cena in November or October gives Cena time to bounce back and be ready by the Rumble.

My issue isn't so much where they went it, but who they went to. The Cena storyline wasn't finished, and they were plenty of active talent they could've put him with. Instead they rehashed the same storyline they used for the end of an era taker match earlier this year. Except they had HHH asking for the match to prove something instead of his opponent. We even saw the same "I love you so much hunter" "I love you Shawn" promo

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gOFUL9u89Dg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-norm-fan
09-02-2012, 05:27 PM
They did let him do all of those things after losing, and it was dumb. He had no validity to his actions, and they had to completely ignore his Cena match because no matter what he said he did to Cena.... He lost. In a sport where pinning your opponent is the end all be all, being pinned does prevent someone from "running the show"

Were you watching the same show I was watching? I saw him break Triple H's arm and then leave for a while vowing to never come back. I missed the part where he took WWE hostage.

#1-norm-fan
09-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Again, losing a match he dominated from the start to the top guy, does not suddenly make the guy weak and unintimidating like no one should be scared shitless to get in the ring with him.

ace3025
09-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Were you watching the same show I was watching? I saw him break Triple H's arm and then leave for a while vowing to never come back. I missed the part where he took WWE hostage.

Were you watching? He broke his arm, then sued for breach of contract, while heyman sued for assault. During one of heyman's promos he even said "we will own the WWE". How is that not holding it hostage?

Keith
09-02-2012, 11:12 PM
I'd be down for a rematch between John Cena and Brock Lesnar, however.

Now that Paul Heyman is in the mix, I'd be interested in listening to him cut a promo on Cena.

Cena won the first one, so having Brock win the rematch would position him nicely going forward into 2013.

But I doubt it'll happen.

#1-norm-fan
09-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Were you watching? He broke his arm, then sued for breach of contract, while heyman sued for assault. During one of heyman's promos he even said "we will own the WWE". How is that not holding it hostage?

Wait, wait, wait...

He sued the company. Is THAT what you mean now by "taking WWE hostage"? You specifically said "Had Brock beaten Cena he could've taken the WWE 'hostage' beating up whomever he felt like. Running his mouth, and becoming an "undesirable", like punk last summer."

I said he could have still done THAT after losing to Cena if that was the direction they wanted to go in. To which you replied "They did let him do all those things after losing and it was dumb." ...????

Now all of a sudden you're talking about the lawsuit being him holding the company hostage? Now it makes even less sense. Even if he did look like a total pussy and Cena beat his ass the entire match, how would what happened in that match have anything to do with preventing the lawsuit angle?

#1-norm-fan
09-02-2012, 11:32 PM
I'd be down for a rematch between John Cena and Brock Lesnar, however.

Now that Paul Heyman is in the mix, I'd be interested in listening to him cut a promo on Cena.

Cena won the first one, so having Brock win the rematch would position him nicely going forward into 2013.

But I doubt it'll happen.

Cena-Brock was fine the first time. If they have a rematch, Brock pretty much has to win. There's no need to make take away Cena's big advantage over Brock and Brock has already moved on.

Keith
09-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Exactly, that's why I doubt it'll happen.

It's just I would've loved to have seen Paul Heyman lay it to Cena on the mic, but it's just wishful thinking.

James Steele
09-03-2012, 01:51 AM
The big question will be if Brock and WWE would be interested in working out a deal to extend Brock's current contract another year and maybe potentially more dates. If Brock does leave for good after WrestleMania, this whole year of his career would be largely forgotten. HHH/Cena was awesome, but it didn't really do anything long term for either character. Lesnar/HHH was a semi "dream match" that had awesome build and no doubt added star power to SummerSlam to help cement it as almost a 2nd WrestleMania with all the things WWE does for SSlam now. Brock has 2 maybe 3 programs left. I really am interested to see where they go with it because they have done the 2 obvious feuds already. Whats next for Brock Lesnar?

Heyman
09-03-2012, 01:57 AM
No purpose would come from a rematch.

If it does happen again however, Lesnar should win in an even more dominating fashion (I.e. breaking Triple H's back a la Bane/Batman) which then sets up Lesnar/Taker at Wrestlemania.

ace3025
09-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Wait, wait, wait...

He sued the company. Is THAT what you mean now by "taking WWE hostage"? You specifically said "Had Brock beaten Cena he could've taken the WWE 'hostage' beating up whomever he felt like. Running his mouth, and becoming an "undesirable", like punk last summer."

I said he could have still done THAT after losing to Cena if that was the direction they wanted to go in. To which you replied "They did let him do all those things after losing and it was dumb." ...????

Now all of a sudden you're talking about the lawsuit being him holding the company hostage? Now it makes even less sense. Even if he did look like a total pussy and Cena beat his ass the entire match, how would what happened in that match have anything to do with preventing the lawsuit angle?

I love the money pit, that is my response

#1-norm-fan
09-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Duly noted.

slik
09-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm not crazy about the idea but if it keeps Lesnar away from Taker I'm ok with it.

I'm very hesitant to see a Taker/Lesnar feud.

James Steele
09-04-2012, 01:07 PM
I wish they could cut a deal with TNA to do Angle/Lesnar again. Send Christian to wrestle in TNA for a year or two while Angle comes to WWE for a few months to feud with Lesnar. Lesnar and Angle were amazing to watch.

James Steele
09-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Also, I hope TNA would job out Christian in that scenario because Christian is really bland.

James Steele
09-04-2012, 01:08 PM
...and I hate the stupid clapping thing in EVERY match. What the fuck...is it 1978 again?

CSL
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
INDY CLAPS

James Steele
09-04-2012, 01:28 PM
I like Christian. He is a tremendous wrestler, but he is just bland as fuck as a babyface. Either he is vanilla as fuck or he is "too cool for school" smartass babyface.

mike adamle
09-05-2012, 06:14 PM
I'd really only wanna see the rematch if it took place inside Hell In A Cell. And not at WrestleMania.

#1-norm-fan
09-05-2012, 06:24 PM
I like Christian. He is a tremendous wrestler, but he is just bland as fuck as a babyface. Either he is vanilla as fuck or he is "too cool for school" smartass babyface.

Christian was awesome as a face during the end of ECW. It all just depends on where his character is headed and since he's come back, even while holding the IC Title, he was just kinda... there. Like most of the guys outside the main event. There's no direction. It leads to a lot of one-dimensional characters.

Saving Grace
09-07-2012, 05:17 PM
doesn't he only have 2 major pay per view appearances left in his current limited appearance contract?? I think he does and if so then I would not waste my time booking him in a match Trips again or Cena. If they really wanna draw numbers and get a good buyrate out of his last two appearance I say this is how I would book it. Have him jump in a program with Sheamus for the WHC and let them have a go at Survivor Series. He doesn't win but gives Sheamus some more credibility as the tough guy/brawler character. Then Undertaker enter the RR which I see happening as they try and draw star power in the build for Mania. Lesnar either contributes or does the elimination of Taker and there you have it. Taker vs Lesnar, war to settle the score at Mania for the streak. Thats how I would book it. No one expects a Sheamus/Lesnar fued. And realistically there isn't anything else for Lesnar to do at mania except another match with Cena or maybe have a go with Randy Orton. Taker and Lesnar seems like the logical choice considering the only other people for the match with Taker are Orton which has been done before or Cena and I see them doing that at WM 30 honestly if Taker plans on sticking it out another year or two.

#1-norm-fan
09-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah, Lesnar and Taker could put on a classic match at WrestleMania. There's no way Taker loses but at this point I've stopped worrying about the predictable outcome in Taker's WM matches. There was no way he was losing to Triple H last year but they put on a classic match to counter the predictability. They might as well go for the same thing again this year.

Cena is literally the only guy in the company I can see ending the streak but like you said, they're probably holding that off for next year.

Savio
09-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Cena wont end the streak.

Emperor Smeat
09-08-2012, 01:25 PM
If the WWE was serious about ending the streak, best chance might have been when Orton had his Legend Killer gimmick.

Edge might be another time but don't remember if he still had his own streak at Mania in tact which would have let the streak itself be "passed on" and stay unbroken.

mike adamle
09-08-2012, 06:20 PM
I gotta feeling that Taker-Cena would be a bit disappointing like Cena-Rock at WM was