PDA

View Full Version : Something i hope they don't do before the Royal rumbl

Eunos
12-19-2003, 06:21 PM
and that is give away any draws.

E.g Last year it was confirmed that Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho would be the first 2 to enter.

They also for 3 years in a row gave away draw number 30.

Heck in 99 they gave away 1, 2 and 30.

IMO this ruins the element of suprise.

Just wondering if peops think the same or if you don't really mind it.

loopydate
12-19-2003, 07:08 PM
I definitely agree.

I dusted off (literally) my Royal Rumble '94 tape, and I remember my 11-year-old self anxiously awaiting those first two people coming to the ring. Of course, they were Scott Steiner and Samu, so who the hell cares, but it was still so exciting trying to predict when my favorites were coming.

Of course, that's also the Royal Rumble of "That's why I kicked your leg out of your...leg," but that's a story for another time :D

Please, WWE, tell us who's in it, but don't tell us when.

Another thing I used to love was, for the six weeks leading up to the Rumble, they'd announce five entrants every week, so that we knew details about the entire rumble before it happened.

I'd love to see that, although RAW and SmackDown! would need to alternate doing that this year. Say, RAW announces on week one that Goldberg, Kane, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, and Booker T are all in the Rumble. Week two, SmackDown announces John Cena, Eddie Guerrero, the Big Show, Kurt Angle, and Matt Morgan ('cause Heyman needs his hosses). So on and so forth. I'd love for the last announced participant to be Chris Benoit, playing like Lex Luger did going into RR '94 where he's never supposed to get another title shot, but he uses the Rumble clause to get it anyway.

[/ROYAL RUMBLE RANT]

Loose Cannon
12-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Yes I very much agree here. I use to love it when it was time for the Royal Rumble match and Fink would get in the ring and say "Let's see who drew # 1." I don't know about anyone else, but the suspense for those few seconds was the greatest. Your waiting for the wrestlers music to hit and your just like "Who is it, who is it and then bam it's.........A-Train :-\ . Well you know what I mean. Then you go through the same thing with the #2 guy. I hope they don't tell us the first two entrants this year.

The CyNick
12-19-2003, 08:34 PM
I dont mind them giving away #30 just because it makes sense with so much TV time that they would have a match or whatever to give someone the top spot in the match.

However I dont think they should give away #1 or 2, I mean it worked out for last years show with the Jericho-HBK angle, but I hope they dont do that every year now.

moshingfreak
12-19-2003, 08:42 PM
I reckon they shouldnt tell us anything about the royal rumble. EG entrant numbers OR wrestlers. I like seeing the suprise entrants like Bob Backland in 2000 and Drew Carey and Honky in 2001 (but now that theres the whole "Brand Extension" I dont think there will be anymore suprises).
Personally, I reckon they should have 40 people in the rumble. I know most of you will disagree because it would be too long, but theres more wrestlers in WWE than possibly ever.

JeremyTB29
12-20-2003, 01:02 AM
Undertaker should be #30 and don't have it given away that he wil be there at the Rumble.It would be a markout moment.10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 and the lights go out.When the lights come back on the deadman is standing inthe middle of the ring and the 7 or 8 remaining superstars are shocked.Kane is 1 of those 8 ofcourse and Taker eliminates a couple of superstars and then eliminates Kane.Then Taker does that flying leap onto Kane eliminating himself.

Corkscrewed
12-20-2003, 03:19 AM
Bring back Royal Rumble qualifying matches.

And yeah, keep the order more of a surprise. #30 should be the limit of the revelations.

ColdwaVer
12-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Undertaker should be #30 and don't have it given away that he wil be there at the Rumble.It would be a markout moment.10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 and the lights go out.When the lights come back on the deadman is standing inthe middle of the ring and the 7 or 8 remaining superstars are shocked.Kane is 1 of those 8 ofcourse and Taker eliminates a couple of superstars and then eliminates Kane.Then Taker does that flying leap onto Kane eliminating himself.

It would be really funny to see Kane freeze just as he's about to chokeslam someone, and have that person freeze too. I dunno why but Matt Hardy comes to mind.

AareDub
12-20-2003, 11:49 AM
I definitely agree.
Of course, that's also the Royal Rumble of "That's why I kicked your leg out of your...leg," but that's a story for another time :D

:rofl: I forgot about that! I'm gonna have to pull out my Rumble 94 tape again haha!

On the topic, I like when it's all a mystery. I liked back when (it might have been 94) where they showed the entrants backstage throughout the show going up to the tumbler thing and drawing a number. Then you see either the excited look on their face or the serious determined look. Of course it was all b.s. but it still made it seem more like a random thing.

natureboycv
12-20-2003, 12:17 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>Last year, though, we were told Jericho would be number two because Shawn Michaels lasted the whole Royal Rumble, so then Jericho was going to try, too. But other than storylines, we shouldn't find out when people are entering, IMO. :y:</font></b>