PDA

View Full Version : A Nexus comeback?

Perry Saturn
09-22-2012, 12:34 AM
WWE officials have reportedly discussed the possibility of bringing back the Nexus. The company was reportedly “shocked” when they heard fans doing Nexus chants on RAW during the Wade Barrett vs. Justin Gabriel match and one of the top stories on WWE.com was one about whether Barrett might reunite the group.
A source in the company said, “The only reason for putting up a top story on the website about a glorified squash match is to hear more from the fans.”
Officials feel it would give Barrett a chance to lead the stable again and would showcase him to look as strong as they can and the Nexus brand sold a ton of merchandise. The company plans to see if the Nexus chants continue and are working on ideas for if they move ahead.

Thoughts on this?

Ruien
09-22-2012, 12:37 AM
No! Wade does not need a bunch of jobbers following him around anymore. Let him grow.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Jobbers? Heath Slater is NO Jobber! He's the oneeeeeeee mannnnnnn bannd babbby!

...ok he's a jobber.

Nexus was awesome though. I was pretty happy the crowd was sticking it to the WWE who probably thought they forgot about The Nexus. I doubt the Nexus will be coming back, but I wouldn't be against it. Barley had my Nexus shirt a week before they got rid of most of the members on the shirt.

Keith
09-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Nah. One of the ideas behind having Barrett lead Nexus was so he would be able to eventually hold his own and do his thing, so why move backwards? He's already on his own, his got a character that definitely needs some tweaking but at least he's solo.

I'd rather bring back William Regal as his Manager, or even pair him up with CM Punk and Heyman.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-22-2012, 01:09 AM
maybe if they bring in new guys to follow Barrett it'd be cool. it'd kinda be like "come on, bro" if I saw Heath Slater trying to be intimidating again.

bring in Big E Langston and some other scary looking dudes from FCW

Supreme Olajuwon
09-22-2012, 01:12 AM
whatever gets Barrett on my tv, I'm for it

Skippord
09-22-2012, 01:24 AM
I would enjoy a return of the Nexus

it was neat

Wishbone
09-22-2012, 01:29 AM
I'd like to see the Nexus brand brought back but not with Slater, Gabriel and the like. Keep Wade leader but go the Evolution route. Get a crooked vet, a young up and comer and "the muscle" and it'd be awesome.

Wishbone
09-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Regal and Big E would be great for two of those roles. Maybe get Cody as the resident Orton? Meh maybe not.

Perry Saturn
09-22-2012, 01:35 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kLrUmWwvrYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was gold. If I do say so myself.

Keith
09-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Sadly, that was Nexus' high point.

It went downhill after that.

Fignuts
09-22-2012, 03:32 AM
Feel like WWE is really jumping the gun on this. Doubt they'll get the same chants in every arena. Was just one of those totally random occurences.

GD
09-22-2012, 03:45 AM
To be honest, Wade Barrett isn't a huge superstar at the moment. A "Nexus comeback" would definitely benefit him and make him a bigger name.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-22-2012, 03:56 AM
Eh, it was brilliant until they started having matches with Cena. I know he's the top face and all, but if he got taken out and out the belt on Barret briefly, surely it would have put it to a fever pitch for the kids to want Cena to overcome them.

They needed a solid 3 months or so of being invincible. Instead we got 2 weeks.

RiX1024
09-22-2012, 04:21 AM
Great idea......on paper. but it wouldn't be as effective as the first time, plus they want to push Barrett and he doesn'y need back up for now.

Rammsteinmad
09-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Typical. You have every arena in the country chanting "we want Ryder", and nothing happens. Then you have one arena chant "we want Nexus" and WWE officials are considering bringing them back. :-\

#BROKEN Hasney
09-22-2012, 05:49 AM
Typical. You have every arena in the country chanting "we want Ryder", and nothing happens. Then you have one arena chant "we want Nexus" and WWE officials are considering bringing them back. :-\

That's because the Nexus were good.

But yeah, they allegedly shifted a load of merch. I was suckered in by that fancy yellow logo myself. They were the only thing that got me watching wrestling again regularly which I hadn't done since Heyman quit WWECW.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-22-2012, 05:51 AM
Wade could try to recruit Ryback back, fails, then hands him his first loss even after he kicked out from 6 finishers from the entire Nexus stable. Make Ryback look like a monster AND that Nexus can beat anyone.

dronepool
09-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Even though Ryback's gimmick is boring, Ryback and Wade in Nexus would be sweet.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Feel like it'd be pretty awkward if they put the same guys back together. Everyone barring Gabriel has their own character now. It would be better if they had Barrett recruit guys who were just floating around not doing much like Hawkins, Mason Ryan, McIntyre, DiBiase and use Gabriel as well I suppose. And maybe one more bigger name like have Big Show join them or something.

Kane Knight
09-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I'd be more into this if there was someone other than Barret in the group I gave a damn about.

Heisenberg
09-22-2012, 10:33 AM
A Nexus group reformed to shit on CM Punk's parade would be a good story to watch.

Savio
09-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Great idea......on paper. but it wouldn't be as effective as the first time, plus they want to push Barrett and he doesn'y need back up for now.
I agree although if they kept Barret out of it and made Punk the center piece again it may work.

Or if the built the stable around another former Nexus member it could work. Although you couldn't really use Otunga or Slater now.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Maybe they can also resolve what the bigger picture was. And also why they attacked Undertaker.

Evil Vito
09-22-2012, 10:43 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I don't put too much stock in the story, Bridgeport has always been a very smark city. I was at a show there just 2 weeks after the Nexus formed and there were really loud "DANIEL BRYAN" chants and in general the group was cheered despite being heels.

That being said if Wade did bring the group back, I'd hope that everybody else in the group is new. Ryback is on a roll. Young, Gabriel, and of course Bryan are currently helping out the tag team division. Otunga and Slater are perfect in their current roles. I guess you could have guys who are doing fuck all like McGillicutty and Mason Ryan join up again, but they'd really just be taking up space.

There's a fuckload of guys in development so I guess it'd be a neat way to debut a ton of new FCW wrestlers straight away. Don't really see anything coming of it, though.</font>

Joesgonnakillyou
09-22-2012, 10:47 AM
It's only gonna happen if there's anymore "we want nexus" chants, I doubt that'll happen.

But I wouldn't mind if they brought them back, a new gang though. In fact the new faction story could be taking out old members of Nexus (they can ignore Punk and Bryan unless they wanna turn them face) until they meet their match...

Ryback

Wehttam
09-22-2012, 10:50 AM
crowd seemed like dipshits this week anyway. we didn't get these chants when wade was actually in a feud with someone (orton). so i do not see the chants lasting

XCaliber
09-22-2012, 11:07 AM
It'd be great if they brought the stable back although I'm not sure that i'd wan't Barrett at the helm though it should be used to perhaps showcase the more recent nXt guys like Curtis, Watson, Riley, Bateman, etc.

Kane Knight
09-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Maybe they can also resolve what the bigger picture was. And also why they attacked Undertaker.

Ponies.

Gertner
09-22-2012, 11:10 AM
No no no. It failed then somehow, and it will fail again

Shisen Kopf
09-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I would like to see a new new nexus. Barrett and Punk can be co-fuhrers. Also, Ryback.

Taker it Easy
09-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I support it. Nexus needs to be legit threat. Tough talking, heavy on backing up everything said.

Shisen Kopf
09-22-2012, 03:09 PM
So, What you're saying is nexus shouldn't taker it easy?

Nicky Fives
09-22-2012, 07:00 PM
As long as the group didn't have Barrett in it, I would be okay with seeing the return..... that man needs championship gold around his waist..... Barrett v. Sheamus is a fued that I want to see.....

Innovator
09-22-2012, 07:13 PM
I would like to see a new new nexus. Barrett and Punk can be co-fuhrers. Also, Ryback.

Wade Barrett wins the WWE Championship and reunites Nexus for a stranglehold on the WWE. Otunga, Gabriel, Slater, PTP all fall in line. One man does not and rises against them all. RYBACK.

Shisen Kopf
09-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Then maybe we'll see a Ryback vs Skip Sheffield match.

Emperor Smeat
09-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Rather it doesn't come back considering they already did everything they could with the stable the first two times it was around (original and Punk version).

Only logical big star a new version of Nexus could go against would be Sheamus since they already had Nexus vs WWE, Nexus vs Cena, and Nexus vs Orton done in the past. All lead to them getting squashed pretty quickly after the initial few weeks.

Even a feud against Sheamus has some issues because Ziggler hasn't cashed in yet and either it means a very short title reign for Ziggler or he looses and gets ignored in favor of a potential Sheamus vs Barrett feud that probably lasts going into Mania.

erickman
09-22-2012, 09:24 PM
they don't need to get back togather, brian has his thing with kane, prime time players are set, rybeck is the new goldberg and slater makes crap wrestlers look good. so all that is left is cade and justen and wade.

Curd
09-22-2012, 11:06 PM
I support it. Nexus needs to be legit threat. Tough talking, heavy on backing up everything said.

"Tough talkin' Nexus" dolls could be big merch like WWE/F Wrestling Buddies and the WCW talking action figures!

Excerpt from WCW figure TV commercial:
Goldberg: "Nash!"
Nash: "Goldberg!"
Goldberg: "...Marry me, Big Sexy!"
Nash: "Sorry Goldie, I'm already engaged to Hogan, who broke up with Bischoff."
Goldberg: [Storms off, snarls, and puts forearm through windshield.]

Shisen Kopf
09-22-2012, 11:07 PM
It's still Turd to me dammit!

Curd
09-22-2012, 11:21 PM
It's still Turd to me dammit!

Thank you for your concern, Shisen. I had no idea you were such a mark for my old persona. Nonetheless, I do not wish to hijack this thread or to dwell on what I had intended to be a minor change.

Back to the subject of the thread, a reformulated Nexus would be best timed before Survivor Series, so WWE Creative ought to decide by mid-October whether the Nexus iron is hot enough to warrant striking again.

DaveBrawl
09-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Wade Barrett wins the WWE Championship and reunites Nexus for a stranglehold on the WWE. Otunga, Gabriel, Slater, PTP all fall in line. One man does not and rises against them all. RYBACK.

Read that in the movie trailer voice over guys voice. Sounds amazing.

Shisen Kopf
09-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Maybe Ryback alone can be the Nexus

Saving Grace
09-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Maybe Ryback alone can be the Nexus

oh god no

dronepool
09-23-2012, 03:40 AM
CM Punk
Wade Barret
Big Show
Ryback
David Otunga

That could work.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-23-2012, 04:09 AM
... No fucking Big Show.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-23-2012, 04:09 AM
I mean that both in a sense of "Not in Nexus" and "Don't have sex with him"

Skippord
09-23-2012, 06:57 AM
Sound advice on both counts

Shisen Kopf
09-23-2012, 08:46 AM
How about a Nexus Hollywood with all the rasslers who've been in movies? Cena, Miz, Dibiase, Big Show, Orton, Kane and of course Khali. They will all wear top hats and tuxedo's and act like they are movie stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood and they don't have matches anymore just autograph signings in the ring.

Autobahn
09-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Bringing back Nexus has the stench of nWo 2000 all over it. Big step backwards for Barrett.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Bringing back Nexus has the stench of nWo 2000 all over it. Big step backwards for Barrett.

I liked nWo 2000, so bring it the hell on.

Don't see how it's a step back. How many main events has Wade been in since Nexus?

Corporate CockSnogger
09-23-2012, 01:32 PM
nWo 2000 had Jeff Jarrett. Instant plus points in my book.

Curd
09-24-2012, 12:05 AM
... No fucking Big Show.

I suppose the larger issue at stake is why Big Show is not allowed to have a mating partner. Is he allowed to be serviced in any way, or are Show-gasms completely off limits for some reason or another?

Keith
09-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Very seldomly do sequels work when it comes to wrestling.

Let Nexus remain dead.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Very seldomly do sequels work when it comes to wrestling.

Let Nexus remain dead.

I know right?

http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wp-content/uploads//6875/6875.jpg

Supreme Olajuwon
09-24-2012, 12:11 AM
I know right?

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/fourhorsemen7.jpg

Supreme Olajuwon
I know right?

http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lod051.jpg

Supreme Olajuwon
ooooooooooooooooooooh

nevermind...

Keith
09-24-2012, 12:12 AM
I know right?

http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lod051.jpg

If you're gonna try to prove me wrong, don't post this.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-24-2012, 12:13 AM
KEITH YOURE SO MUCH FUN TO TALK TO

Keith
09-24-2012, 12:14 AM
I know right?

http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wp-content/uploads//6875/6875.jpg

I wouldn't actually consider this a sequel because it started to take shape right after HBK left, like, the night after, actually.

It was just kind of a continuation of DX, and the groundwork was already set by HBK and HHH.

HHH said HBK dropped the ball, so he picked it up and ran with it.

owenbrown
09-24-2012, 12:16 AM
I know right?

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/fourhorsemen7.jpg

Who's that guy between Flair and Anderson? :shifty:

Keith
09-24-2012, 12:16 AM

John Doe

XCaliber
09-24-2012, 11:29 AM