PDA

View Full Version : Could you see Devon as a main eventer?

Rollermacka
10-16-2012, 12:03 PM
What do you think? Devon has been around for along time, and if you would have told me a few years ago that "Bully" Ray would become one of the best heels going today I would have called you a filthy liar. He's gotten back in shape and is a big guy, he has name recognition as a face that was apart of professional wrestling when it was at a high point, can you see Devon becomming a World Champion in either TNA or WWE?

Pintint
10-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Yeah sure, why not.
Bah gawd, D'von has done it! D'von has defeated John Cena at Wrestlemania! The boyhood dream comes true, D'von is the WWE champion!

whiteyford
10-16-2012, 12:22 PM
In TNA easily, I don't think they're above putting the belt on anybody there, even if it was just as part of an angle. WWE not a chance, he's never really had a singles run, outside ECW and that brief stint in WWE, and they wouldn't acknowledge his TV title run in TNA so anything beyond an IC/Us title is not gonna happen.

CSL
10-16-2012, 12:24 PM
unless he suddenly shows everybody something he's never shown before, no. But by all accounts he's apparently a really nice guy and looks great so good luck to him

Supreme Olajuwon
10-16-2012, 12:26 PM
not as long as the main event is still whites only

Pintint
10-16-2012, 12:27 PM
"D'Von has done the impossible! He has pinned The Undertaker at Wrestlemania!"

"Apparently the secret to beating The Undertaker was to ask him to testify!"

"I bet Triple H wishes he knew that!"

Corporate CockSnogger
10-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Not really, he's never really stood out as being anything special on his own. But I would've said the same about Bubba-Ray, but apparently his TNA stuff is great so who knows.

MoFo
10-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Na, hes always been a sidekick sort of guy IMO

MoFo
10-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Also lol at no 'no' option in the poll

Wishbone
10-16-2012, 12:56 PM
In TNA yeah he could be a main eventer and probably will be now. Honestly I think TNA is trying to turn Bully Ray face and have a climax of him vs D'Von as a major angle in the Aces & 8s storyline going forward. Not sure if this is a good idea or not though.

Wishbone
10-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Although if they don't have Bully go full on happy go lucky face and keep his edge then I'd be all for him doing it. Honestly Bully Ray's current character has allot of potential as a major draw for TNA considering their demographic is mostly rednecks and a badass who beats people up really would appeal to that.

Ruien
10-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Where is the "no" option?

Emperor Smeat
10-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Yes for TNA considering him being in Aces & Eights is a pretty big deal and should be the de facto leader until the actual one reveals himself later.

Nicky Fives
10-16-2012, 01:56 PM
I couldn't see Bully Ray as a main eventer either, but now he's one of the best things going in TNA..... I don't see why it wouldn't work, even when he was TV champion, he was getting a great reaction....

DLVH84
10-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I can believe it, as Devon, like Bully Ray, seem more dedicated and more inspired, why not.

Rock Bottom
10-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I really miss the Dudleys. I don't think Devon would be a success in the main event, but I think if the Dudleys ever came back to WWE (which I don't imagine will happen), they would be hugely over. I'm not sure about what TNA has done with Bubba, I guess he's "Bully Ray" now. He could probably main event. He has a lot of charisma.

XL
10-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Nah. But I thought the same about Bradshaw...

Rollermacka
10-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Where is the "no" option?

:lol: Sorry, forgot to put one.

Anybody Thrilla
10-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Not with those dumbass pants that he wears.

XCaliber
10-16-2012, 04:36 PM
In TNA perhaps but no chance in hell in WWE they didn't have interest in pushing Bubba much when they split up even though he was competent enough.

Curd
10-17-2012, 03:26 AM
Yes in TNA, if he feuds with Jeff Hardy and Austin Aries after whatever angle they run between him and Bully Ray. Devon could then feud with Magnus because both are currently talked up by Hogan as being underutilized. I imagine that Hulkster's stroke has something to do with Devon being the first A&A member to be revealed, and now I am interested to see how far they let Devon run with that ball.

Pritchard could have Bully Ray continue his feud with Devon from when he first changed from "Brother" to "Bully," being the face in this situation, to build Devon as a credible upper midcarder before going main event with Hardy and Aries. Start with straight-up wrestling matches, then go with hardcore matches, including one where Devon's sons show up and "mace" Bully Ray to help Devon get the pin. That would get Devon immense heel heat and be a means by which Devon can turn the tide in the angle and win Part 2 of the Bully Ray - Devon feud.

Mr. Nerfect
10-18-2012, 03:26 AM
Devon is in tremendous shape, and has always been "over." His babyface run since the Team 3D break-up, while nothing too amazing, had people white-hot to see a well respected babyface kick some ass and get a "long deserved" singles run. By spitting on the fans that backed him, Devon has set himself up to be a pretty interesting heel character, and one that I think might as well be World Champion in TNA right now. So while Devon may not have turned heads outside of TNA as a babyface -- inside the promotion he did well as a bland babyface, so why would anyone think he would fail as a more interesting heel character?

Bully Ray chasing the World Title would actually be a pretty compelling storyline, given that Ray's initial heel turn post Team 3D break-up was all about validating his existence as a singles wrestler. When it comes to guys in TNA, there is not really anyone whose journey to the top would be more rewarding than Ray's.

I say put the World Title on Devon, and have Bully Ray win it from him.

Rollermacka
10-19-2012, 08:58 AM
I will admit I was suprised there was a split "Let's go Devon/ Let's go Sting" chant last night in their match