PDA

View Full Version : Which game would you love to have more sequels out of?

Ninti the Mad
12-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Twisted Metal

What is taking so long? :'(

Apocolyptik1
12-19-2003, 05:59 PM
Street Fighter....I dont care about Capcom or snk, even though that was a cool game...I want a purely street fighter game made on a new console with some awesome graphics and a great combo system. Would make my day.

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Mmmmmm yeah a new SF game would be sweet

Earthbound. :drool: They were making a sequel of it on N64 for the longest time, but scrapped it. I wonder if they're ever going to make another one. That was an awesome game... your basic console RPG game, but it was modern, not dragons and swords and stuff like that. Awesome game, with some good music too.

Metroid Prime... MP2 is already in the works, but I want it out now :mad: :mad:

Lufia 2, even though it's technically already a "prequel" to Lufia. Lufia 2 owned so much ass though, that they should just make a game off it somehow.

Final Fantasy Tactics. Not FFT:A, but a game that's based off Tactics' storyline, and uses the same system. Advance was good, but I want original Tactics, with a new storyline and maybe more jobs and shit too. If it's on PS2, hell I'd buy a PS2 just for it.

Ninti the Mad
12-19-2003, 06:27 PM
Doesnt the music for Lufia annoy you?

Too high pitched :mad:

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 06:29 PM
It rules on an emulator though. The bassline in the battle music is KICKIN' :drool:

If you disable every channel except F7 on ZSNES it's all graaaaavy

Ninti the Mad
12-19-2003, 06:32 PM
I never thought about that.

Thanks for the tip. I may have to do that.

KleptoKlown
12-19-2003, 06:40 PM
Diablo 3 :wavesad:

RBM
12-19-2003, 07:19 PM
Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Warcraft 4, Final Fantasy Tactics 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc.

Kenny
12-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street

And MOST of all... Power Move Pro Wrestling.

Apocolyptik1
12-19-2003, 07:26 PM
Diablo 3...let that damn game die...I did just 3 weeks ago :)

wrestling_god
12-20-2003, 12:20 AM
i have yet to go through diablo 2 ive bought it just havent playrd it yet...then again i never played 1 so im ****ed

LoDownM
12-20-2003, 01:46 AM
Sukioden. I know 4 is coming out, but I want alot more :(

Spoon Bender
12-20-2003, 08:52 AM
Sam & Max. They had a sequel planned but Lucasarts pulled the funding before it got off the ground. :cry:
Any game in the same vein as Day of the Tentical or Sam & Max would rule. Screw Star Wars games dammit! Lucasarts could spend their time on better things! :mad:

RoXer
12-20-2003, 09:20 AM
Perfect Dark" on Gamecube. :(

Ninti the Mad
12-20-2003, 09:59 AM
Perfect Dark" on Gamecube. :(

Shouldnt it be out soon???

Kane Knight
12-20-2003, 01:06 PM
Zelda GB series.

Street Fighter. There's only so many vs. games before it gets tiresome.

Final Fantasy. You know, one that's not a sequel or MMORPG.

Ace Combat. 4 was one of my favorite PS2 games. I wantto see 5 with more variances in control.

Ikaruga.

Devil May Cry. A sequel that lives up to the original.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Hours of mindless fun.

A D&D game for any platform that doesn't blow ass.

Vega
12-20-2003, 04:09 PM
Sam & Max. They had a sequel planned but Lucasarts pulled the funding before it got off the ground. :cry:
Any game in the same vein as Day of the Tentical or Sam & Max would rule. Screw Star Wars games dammit! Lucasarts could spend their time on better things! :mad:

almost took my reply verbatum. Sam N Max is one of the all time best games ever.

Also, the next game in the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series needs to come out.

Also, THE DIG. That would make a good movie, too.

Apocolyptik1
12-20-2003, 04:18 PM
You arent going to get a Dnd game on a console that isnt going to blow after you beat it for the first time. To much wishful thinking. FF12 is going to come out soon. It isnt a sequel nor MMORPG. As for Zombies Ate My Neighbors.....that game can die and rot in hell.

Kane Knight
12-20-2003, 04:21 PM
You arent going to get a Dnd game on a console that isnt going to blow after you beat it for the first time. To much wishful thinking. FF12 is going to come out soon. It isnt a sequel nor MMORPG. As for Zombies Ate My Neighbors.....that game can die and rot in hell.

After the first time? I want one that won't blow PERIOD.

Ninti the Mad
12-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Zombies ate my neighbors is one of the best games ever.

Also, I would like to add River City Ransom to the list.

Ninti the Mad
12-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Oh, and Heavy Barrel from the arcades. :drool:

Y2Ant
12-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Warcraft 4, Monkey Island 5, Red Faction 3 (WITH MULTIPLAYER)

Kane Knight
12-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Hey RDD, wasn't Mother (Earthbound) 2 released in Japan?

I could be totally wrong there, but I seem to recall that it was.

loopydate
12-20-2003, 09:10 PM
Earthbound, for sure. I definitely agree with River City Ransom, too.

For me, though, I want to see more old-school Mega Man games. I know there have been a couple since the death of NES, but there have been a lot more "MMX" and the "3-D" style MM games.

I want Mega Man running through a themed level before he fights ___ Man to learn his ___ skill to use against other themed robots. The first 5 or 6 MM games were awesome, and then they tried to complicate things too much for me. No more Rush. No more Zero. Just give me Mega Man vs. Dr. Wily and I'm happy.

Boomer
12-20-2003, 09:35 PM
They should make Land Before Time games that way...they can have as many sequels as they want....which all follow the same plotline

-Kid dinosaurs are friends
-They somehow find themselves shut off in a cave
-They usually meet some wierd friend on the way
-They usually find some miracle way of getting out of the cave
-They travel to the valley of ________
-They run into a T-rex

I mean cmon the movies are just so marketable, so the games would be too

Silent
12-20-2003, 09:44 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics true sequel

Chrono Trigger true sequel

Final Fantasy VII-2 :shifty:

road doggy dogg
12-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Hey RDD, wasn't Mother (Earthbound) 2 released in Japan?

I could be totally wrong there, but I seem to recall that it was.

Yeah I have no idea. Whenever I look for Earthbound stuff online, the game Mother always comes up. Honestly, I've always been under the impression that Earthbound was already "Mother 2", but I'm also totally unsure. Something I've never been able to figure out

Hired Hitman
12-20-2003, 11:46 PM
True Crime, Streets of la :drool:

Bad Guy
12-21-2003, 04:41 AM
I'd like a new street fighter. preferably online because the only online fighting game does not have a big fanbase. in the opposite field, i would like to STOP seeing sequels of Silent Hill. Number 1 was so good and it's become worse every time. As a matter of fact i haven't even played number 3 all the way through yet...

The Destroyer
12-21-2003, 08:41 AM
Shouldnt it be out soon???
Er, more like never.

Any Perfect Dark game that appears in future will be on the X-Box...

The Mask
12-21-2003, 04:49 PM
SHENMUE :MAD:

Fryza
12-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Diablo 3 and Red Faction 3.

Gero X
12-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Final Fantasy VII-2 :shifty:

It would be interesting to see that actually, because it wasnt really left with a final ending, it appeared that everyone on the airship and midgar died and that midgar was the promised land all along, well I think thats what happened. Then one of those Red XIII things had some kids??? Which didnt make sense either seen as Nanaki was the last one, i want answers

Kane Knight
12-22-2003, 12:28 AM
Hey Gero. Some critters reproduce asexually. ;)

Anyways, I was just reminded of one I'd like to see a proper sequel for.

Actraiser. Man, I enjoyed that game. Never bothered with the sequel tho, as it looked like it resembled the first very little.

Boondock Saint
12-22-2003, 02:18 PM
The Getaway 2

MrMeJW
12-22-2003, 03:37 PM
A good Toejam and Earl
Punchout
Super Mario (2d platformer)

Maffrew
12-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Wacraft IV and Starcraft 2 would be at the top of my list, and i expect we'll get them at some point, but knowing the pace at which Blizzard works, it will be years before we get either of them.

I'd like a good 3d Street Fighter game... if they could do that properly, with some of the classic characters, it would be fantastic.

Gero X
12-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Hey Gero. Some critters reproduce asexually. ;)

Anyways, I was just reminded of one I'd like to see a proper sequel for.

Actraiser. Man, I enjoyed that game. Never bothered with the sequel tho, as it looked like it resembled the first very little.

Yeah but the plot would suggest that Nanaki had to fu</>ck to reproduce, hence Dr Hojo trying to mate it with Aeris to let both their species live on or whatever it was he was doing

Gero X
12-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Yeah but the plot would suggest that Nanaki had to fu</>ck to reproduce, hence Dr Hojo trying to mate it with Aeris to let both their species live on or whatever it was he was doing

Also Nanaki had a mother and a father so it really doesnt make any sense at all :(

Whats weird tho is that his grandfather was a human, he must have been into beastiality or something that Budenhagen guy, crazy Japanese people

Kane Knight
12-23-2003, 11:29 AM
Also Nanaki had a mother and a father so it really doesnt make any sense at all :(

Whats weird tho is that his grandfather was a human, he must have been into beastiality or something that Budenhagen guy, crazy Japanese people

Or, things weren't as they seemed, as per the rest of the deal with Nanaki?

Besides, if he was the last of his kind, don't you think that "grandfather" might have been an honorary term?

Kane Knight
12-23-2003, 11:31 AM

Hojo's understanding of both was rather limited, wouldn't you say? He thought Nanaki/Red XIII to be nothing more than an animal, IIRC.

Gero X
12-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Hojo's understanding of both was rather limited, wouldn't you say? He thought Nanaki/Red XIII to be nothing more than an animal, IIRC.

Yeah Hojo was a bit of a dick really

Gero X
12-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Or, things weren't as they seemed, as per the rest of the deal with Nanaki?

Besides, if he was the last of his kind, don't you think that "grandfather" might have been an honorary term?

Yeah probably, they could still have explained it better though, and if Nanaki survived the crash then I guess everyone else must of so Square should make a sequel with the same characters :o Except Cait Sith he was a gay puppet, and Reeve was in Midgar anyway so he would be dead.

Also what was all that about the Sepiroth clone, it probably goes back to hojo again talking shit saying Cloud was a failed clone but why did everyone still think he was a clone after he got his memory back and remember he wasnt a clone he just thought he was Zack and had been experimented on, now that bit didnt make sense. And how did he survive getting stabbed through the chest with that big **** off sword and then carry Sepiroth who was the strongest guy in the world using only a sword stuck in his chest without his insides being torn apart.

Lol nah im just picking holes in the plot now, FF7 is the shit :cool:

Ninti the Mad
12-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Imagine the sequel where Cloud is the bad guy.

He goes insane because it turns out that he is a part of Sephiroth.

Bad Guy
12-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Aren't they making a movie called Final Fantast VII-2?

Bad Guy
12-23-2003, 08:34 PM
ah here it is. website (http://imdb.com/title/tt0385700/)

Ninti the Mad
12-23-2003, 11:38 PM
Aren't they making a movie called Final Fantast VII-2?

OMG

road doggy dogg
12-23-2003, 11:51 PM
HOLY SHIT

Ninti the Mad
12-24-2003, 12:04 AM
Why are they calling it VII-2 though?

It doesnt make sense since it would be the first movie of FFVII.

I could understand if they made a game and called it that.

Oh well... as long as it doesnt suck like "The Spirits Within", I'll be cool with it.

Mr. Monday Morning
12-24-2003, 04:27 AM
I think the idea is that the movie tells the story in terms of a sequel to VII

Kinda like X-2 but in movie form

I'm surprised you guys didn't know about it :wtf:

Ninti the Mad
12-24-2003, 08:26 AM

But there were TWO X-men movies.

And, yes, I know there are two FF movies if this comes out but they are not sequels to eachother. They need to change the movie name.

Perhaps Final Fantasy VII: After Shock

Only not as gay.

Ninti the Mad
12-24-2003, 08:28 AM

I'm sorry we're not low-life losers with nothing else to do but look at non-exsistent films on websites.

LoDownM
12-24-2003, 02:52 PM
He was talking about FF:X-2. Not the Xmen movies Ninti.

Ninti the Mad
12-24-2003, 03:10 PM
He was talking about FF:X-2. Not the Xmen movies Ninti.

no shit?

Explain to me where I did not know that.

LoDownM
12-24-2003, 06:37 PM

But there were TWO X-men movies.

Ninti the Mad
12-24-2003, 11:24 PM
Yeah, there were two movies as opposed to ZERO FF7 movies.

So why should it be FF7-2?

Ninti the Mad
12-24-2003, 11:26 PM
OH SHIT

lol my bad I read it wrong

Still... FF:X is a game and X-2 is it's direct sequel.

There is no movies involved with either.

Nowhere Man
12-25-2003, 01:47 AM
The sequel movie thing for FF7 is going to rule. That is all I will say.

Anyways, what do I think they should make more games from?

-Starcraft: especially after the Brood Wars game. Come on, the Zerg win?!?!

-Battletech: but more like Mechwarrior 3, not Mechassault.

-Mortal Kombat: the fighting engine from Deadly Alliance was pretty good, but I'd like to see one with more characters and pit levels and freakin' Liu Kang

-A Batman game that isn't godawful

-ANY superhero game that isn't godawful, for that matter

Ninti the Mad
12-25-2003, 02:25 AM
The Spider-Man games werent that bad.

Nowhere Man
12-25-2003, 04:56 AM
Yeah, I liked the Spider-Man game on the PS-1, and the movie version fr PS2 was pretty good too (because the fighting engine was pretty much the exact same thing). Other than that, licensed superhero games have been utter crap (I say "licensed" because Freedom Force and City of Heroes both ruled) Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Wolverine, all were really poor games, which is kinda sad considering that all of them (except Aquaman) are really good characters.

Silent
12-26-2003, 12:10 AM
They are making a movie based immediately after the end of Final Fantasy 7.

It's called Final Fantasy : Advent Children

Bad Guy
12-26-2003, 02:26 AM
-A Batman game that isn't godawful

:y:

Silent
12-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Oops, I didn't see bad guy's post. :o