PDA

View Full Version : Diva divison is looking a little light these days...

Dukelorange
10-31-2012, 04:46 PM
As most of you know, I'm a HUGE fan of Diva/Knockout Wrestling. But now, it's looking more tore up than usual (WWE this means you)

What storylines would fix it? Would Tamina need to be called up?

Be realistic. I'm looking for intellegent responses from the serious posters on the forum.

Holla at me Family...

Wishbone
10-31-2012, 05:06 PM
I think Kharma's inclusion would have livened things up allot. With Beth gone now though, Natty being used as a jobber, and Tamina MIA I think the diva division is pretty much dead. WWE's never really cared about women's wrestling and I think we're currently at an all time low which according to rumors about HHH not liking women's wrestling either means it's here to stay. :( Sad really...

As for the Knockouts in TNA well... like everything else TNA ran it into the ground. The Knockouts were doing the highest numbers in ratings often times for Impact before Hogan came in, with Spike even considering doing a show based completely around them and then TNA just pulled the plug.

I think women's wrestling for the most part is dead in the US which is a real drag. :(

Schlomey
10-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Tamina on her way back soon.

Lock Jaw
10-31-2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2011/06/RAW_942_Photo_171.jpg
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2011/06/RAW_942_Photo_169.jpg

Like 78% of these Divas are gone.

Jura
10-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Or maybe like 50%

DLVH84
10-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Now the only saving graces left are Tamina and Natalya.

Juan
10-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Are there any good prospects on NXT/FCW?

#BROKEN Hasney
10-31-2012, 06:21 PM
PaigePaigePaigePaigePaigePaigePaigePaigePaigePaige

Paige

#BROKEN Hasney
10-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Was posting that Paige thing just about the thread, but it's actually the perfect response to Juan.

Majunior
10-31-2012, 06:32 PM
I agree. WWE women's wrestling has been shit for years now. Too many throwaway 30 second bouts where there's like 5 moves and a pin between... well any number of Divas, actually.

TNA on the other hand was really doing women's wrestling a service, letting the Knockouts go out and actually wrestle. They got ring time, mic time, and storylines. They were proving they could be a draw (even if not the primary draw, although they did main event shows on occasion), and should have a meaningful place on the shows. Then, suddenly, a number of their Knockouts including -- arguably -- some of the most influential women in the company just walked out.

Seems to me like Women's Wrestling is KIA. I don't think one or two new women will matter. Like so much else in what we see of the business, it comes down to booking. They can be booked to matter, or they can be booked to fill space. It doesn't matter if you're fuckin' Katrina Angle, an Olympic caliber women's grappler, have the Charisma of The Rock, and look like Maryse or Velvet Sky. Until someone in a position of authority decides to give a shit, women's wrestling will just -- at best -- fill space.

Sad really. The Knockouts were one of the few reasons I ever watched TNA.

Schlomey
10-31-2012, 06:34 PM
What's Paige look like

Jura
10-31-2012, 06:47 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zBFYppnOHXk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TRk9HR-BGj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jura
10-31-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm quite fond of this girl though:

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/photos/divas/audrey-marie-nxt-various/338.jpg

Ruien
10-31-2012, 07:01 PM
The first time in 5 years there is a legit storyline going on with the Divas and you are complaining?

ron the dial
10-31-2012, 07:13 PM
damn hello audrey marie

Schlomey
10-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Isn't Sara del ray coming in too?

Mercenary
10-31-2012, 08:49 PM
Isn't Sara del ray coming in too?

Only as a trainer I think.

Emperor Smeat
10-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Think they are down to just single digits for divas who wrestle on the main rosters but I don't think the ones they have on NXT are enough to make up for everyone they lost.

Even NXT itself saw a bunch of divas get released around the same period.

Corndad
10-31-2012, 10:25 PM
AJ has a potential now she can get back to wrestling.

Tom Guycott
10-31-2012, 11:29 PM
I think women's wrestling for the most part is dead in the US which is a real drag. :(

That might be the answer. It would pad up the Divas division, give some guys who are getting little TV time something to do, and add some conclusion to the "blonde wig" angle that doesn't involve Hornswoggle.

Lock Jaw
10-31-2012, 11:33 PM
They need to copy my angle from ARMCHAIR WARFARE.

Dante69
11-01-2012, 04:59 AM
who gives a fuck about the Diva's anymore?.......they're only there for a quick piece of ass for the men

Autobahn
11-01-2012, 05:31 AM
I miss Nicole Bass.

whiteyford
11-01-2012, 08:50 AM
With 3 hour Raws every week there's no excuse not to be doing something with the Divas, there's about 7 hours a week of tv time now, they really need to do more than random diva challenges for the title a couple of times then gets replaced with the next random diva, no reason they can't have a couple of different angles running at once and throw together tag matches to extend the feuds. The Eve/Layla/Kaitlyn angle is a start though, Vickie/AJ has legs too, and 30mins outta 7hours a week isn't a lot.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-01-2012, 09:49 AM
With 3 hour Raws every week there's no excuse not to be doing something with the Divas

I've got a great excuse for the current roster.

They mostly suck in the ring.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-01-2012, 09:50 AM
I may be a little biased as the last episode of Raw '03 I watched featured Trish/Lita/Ivory V Victoria/Gail Kim/Molly Holly though.

whiteyford
11-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Well sure if you want to bring common sense into the argument.

whiteyford
11-01-2012, 09:53 AM
We'll never see the in ring greatness of Kelly Kelly vs Alicia Fox again in our lifetimes but theres still hope.

Dukelorange
11-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I disagree, I have seen some of the Divas on youtube before WWE, and they did a great job. They are capable of doing great angles if given the chance. Alicia Fox during her Diva Title run did her best wrestling and was speaking well.

They also forgot about Naomi, who arguably is better than most of the Divas they have now. What happened to Tenille Taylor? They can mix up the divison with eye candy stars that can go and straight up grapplers who are okay looking and do fine.

The diva title story line is good for now. It would be better if they had two titles in my opinion.

JKWJRMON
11-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Once Chyna, Stacy, Trish, and Torrie left, it went downhill. I'd love to fuck Layla, but it's crap.

#1-norm-fan
11-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Mickie and Trish is the only divas feud I remember caring about. The best femal wrestlers are pretty shitty in the big picture. They move awkwardly in the ring, they don't look realistic when they fight. Women's wrestling is basically a gimmick. A useful one as it certainly draws women into wrestling via the whole "empowerment" thing... but a gimmick nonetheless. They shouldn't put too much time into it.

drave
11-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Mickie and Trish is the only divas feud I remember caring about. The best femal wrestlers are pretty shitty in the big picture. They move awkwardly in the ring, they don't look realistic when they fight. Women's wrestling is basically a gimmick. A useful one as it certainly draws women into wrestling via the whole "empowerment" thing... but a gimmick nonetheless. They shouldn't put too much time into it.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9xP8itF7g0I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9xP8itF7g0I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Stupid embed, user error... :foc:

http://youtu.be/9xP8itF7g0I

Mickie James vs Tara, Steel Cage. Great match for ladies.

Autobahn
11-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Once Chyna, Stacy, Trish, and Torrie left, it went downhill. I'd love to fuck Layla, but it's crap.

And Nicole Bass.

To be honest im surprised WWE didnt go out of business after she left.

Raven Reaper
11-02-2012, 03:08 AM
If I wanted to enjoy wrestling women these days, I watch SHIMMER and the Japan indie circuits... And even if some UK indie wrestling shows that even featured Paige aka Britani Knight.

Anybody Thrilla
11-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Where the hell has Madison Rayne been?

drave
11-02-2012, 02:55 PM
No clue man. I know as late as September, she was wrestling in Northeast Wrestling against a reunited "Beautiful People" (both of whom are no longer in TNA)

www.northeastwrestling.com

And that sucks, because letting the pigeons loose was THE highlight of Thursday night.

Mr. Nerfect
11-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Paige will fix everything. Seriously.

There are a few girls in NXT that are worth keeping an eye on. "Emma" was trained by Lance Storm, and is an Aussie, so she automatically has my support. She's a good looking thing, too. Audrey Marie is already better than most of the main roster females. Charlotte Flair is training down there, as well. Anya could be worth keeping an eye on, too. She's got an MMA background.

When it comes to additional signings, I'd personally sign KC Cassidy from Australia. I'm not sure how good she is in the ring, but she's gorgeous and seems to want to wrestle.

http://thewrestlingpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/kc-cassidy.jpg

I'd also sign Saraya Knight, and bring her in as the jealous mother of Paige, looking for a chance at her own fame. A mother vs. daughter feud might interest people, and you can't have all your Divas looking the same. Having a 41-year old woman's wrestler signed would stand out.

I'd also have two joshi debut against each other. One being a cutesy babyface type, and another being more of a broody heel. They wrestle each other for a contract, and the babyface rolls up the heel and wins a contract. The heel then goes down to NXT and works with the girls there, before eventually returning as the babyface joshi gets a title shot against the Divas Champion, costing her the match and starting a feud between the two on the main roster.

Vickie Guerrero should also bring Kharma back to go against AJ Lee. That would be a feud that people would care about, given the size difference between the two, and the fact that they are two female characters that people actually care about.

Mr. Nerfect
11-03-2012, 12:38 AM
It's great to see a feud over the Divas Championship, don't get me wrong -- but every girl gets a turn and there is usually not much going on around the title. I can't remember the last "blood feud" between ladies.

Tom Guycott
11-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Vickie Guerrero should also bring Kharma back to go against AJ Lee. That would be a feud that people would care about, given the size difference between the two, and the fact that they are two female characters that people actually care about.

Of all the angles WWE could (unadmittedly) rip off from TNA, this is one of the best ones. AJ would totally pull off that "underdog" feel that Gail Kim had against her. Add in AJ's "crazy snaps" that could be an x-factor in her not just getting ragdolled all the time, and you have an interesting dynamic.

Vicki as the new Ryisha Saaed gives her something else to do besides not really do anymore for Dolph. They can maybe start that stable they hinted at her landing before.

Skippord
11-03-2012, 04:49 AM
just promote Paige and have her beat everyone and then have sex with me

Anybody Thrilla
11-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I would watch that.

DAMN iNATOR
11-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Whatever happened to Jillian post-WWE? I never seem to hear or have heard anything on her.

Lock Jaw
11-03-2012, 02:01 PM
She had a TNA tryout a few weeks or months ago.

Jura
11-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Whatever happened to Jillian post-WWE? I never seem to hear or have heard anything on her.
She had a baybay

whiteyford
11-03-2012, 08:10 PM
just promote Paige and have her beat everyone and then have sex with me

Make sure its on PPV, you gots to get paid.

Cool King
11-03-2012, 09:08 PM
I must be the only guy here who isn't a fan of Paige.

Mr. Nerfect
11-03-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm entirely for the Divas Division getting its own writer. You can't do that with every division in the WWE, because the male roster spreads across them all. But with the girls, you can put someone in charge to oversee their storylines, and make them as compelling as possible without distractions.

MIZantine Empire
11-04-2012, 02:33 AM
would be cool if TNA and WWE interchanged divas/knockouts weekly. would spice up both divisions, and be completely different. i know this would never....EEE EEE EEEEVVVEEERRR happen, but hey, what can ya do?

Tom Guycott
11-04-2012, 03:07 AM
I must be the only guy here who isn't a fan of Paige.

She's alright; a tad sloppy at times, but better in-ring than a lot of women that cycle through Titan Towers and has a unique look somewhere between Daffney and Luna (gimmick wise) with the "fuck you" attitude of a Steve Austin.

Much like Ryback, I personally don't see the massive widespread appeal aside from "oh look, she's something new". However, also much like Ryback, she has massive widespread appeal. She apparently is VERY over, and WWE should be taking more advantage of this than they are. Seems too easy to lose her in the shuffle of one of these Diva downtimes where she wrestles the same two people on the few occasions she's even on TV. She'll eventually get her turn with the butterfly belt, but they likely could build her into a merch mover if they took the time.