PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania Main Event

Rock Bottom
11-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Pick.

I'm going with Ryback vs. The Rock. I think that's the best attraction, and what makes the most sense. It would also skyrocket Ryback to the moon, even beyond what he's already got going for him.

Still, he's not really stood the test of time yet. Involving John Cena in the match means that Rock is probably out, and involving CM Punk in the match probably means we'd see CM Punk vs. Ryback, which we all basically stared at in HIAC - maybe even with the finish of Ryback taking the WWE title being even more obvious than Punk retaining at HIAC.

Rock does have a Royal Rumble match, which he probably will not lose, but who will he face, or not face in the main event? Do you job him to the winner of the triple threat, maybe from interference from his non-championship Wrestlemania opponent?

Ideas?

And by the way, what about Lesnar?

Tazz Dan
11-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Ryback vs Rock is not going to happen. Can't see how that makes the most sense either. It would seem random with the Punk/Cena/Rock build so far.

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Ryback would probably need to turn heel for it to work. I can't see how a face/face dynamic between the two would be intriguing as Ryback's charm is that he will beat the fuck out of guys you want to see him beat the fuck out of. And there's no way they should turn Ryback heel so I can't see it happening.

Realistically, the most logical option for the main event I can see is Rock beating Punk for the title at the Rumble and then Rock vs Cena II at WrestleMania. Also, Ryback vs Lesnar would be incredible Not sure where Punk would fit into things right now. He could go after Taker's streak if Taker is healthy... maybe start a feud with Triple H over Triple H's hatred of Heyman and Punk trying to "take over" the show again.

Anybody Thrilla
11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Honestly, I'd probably go with Punk vs. Cena with some sort of mega stipulation. The feud has been building for a WHILE now, and every match has been great. They bring the big fight feel, and what better place to have a big fight than the main event of Wrestlemania?

James Steele
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
I think it would be stupid to have The Rock beat CM Punk. CM Punk beating The Rock would propel him into that next level ala Triple H in 2000 with Foley.

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2012, 04:32 PM
It's happened like 6 or 7 times and will have happened again at least once in under 2 years by the time WrestleMania rolls around. They bring the big fight feel but there's nothing "special" enough for it to main event WrestleMania. Even if you throw it in a gimmick match. And it certainly wouldn't be worth pushing Rock out of the picture.

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2012, 04:35 PM
I think it would be stupid to have The Rock beat CM Punk. CM Punk beating The Rock would propel him into that next level ala Triple H in 2000 with Foley.

It depends on why they do it. If Punk loses to Rock only to be phased out so Rock can move on to Cena, which I have a feeling could very well happen, it would be pretty dumb. They need to think about putting someone over who isn't around for 1-2 PPVs and a handful of TV appearances a year.

Rammsteinmad
11-06-2012, 06:04 PM
What about Cena vs. The Rock vs. CM Punk (vs. Ryback?)

The Show Off
11-06-2012, 06:15 PM
For the first time since Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna main evented 2 years in a row John Cena vs. The Rock will end the show.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I think it will. This time with Cena beating The Rock for the title.

XCaliber
11-06-2012, 06:27 PM
It's probably gonna end up being Rock vs Cena vs Punk.

Joesgonnakillyou
11-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Rock vs Cena vs Punk makes the most sense to me.

I'd have Ryback vs Lesnar, with HHH in Ryback's corner to play off the HHH Lesnar rivalry and also a passing the torch kind of thing. This is pure fantasy booking but you could move that into a HHH heel turn and then him vs Ryback at Summerslam

Nicky Fives
11-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Cena/Punk

Mr. Pierre
11-06-2012, 08:47 PM
WWE Title- Rock/Cena goes last
Undertaker vs. Lesnar
CM Punk vs. Mick Foley
Triple H vs. Dolph Ziggler

Curd
11-06-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm going out on a limb to say that Ryback turns heel at the Royal Rumble and faces Cena at Wrestlemania in the main event. CM Punk will defeat The Rock in the semi-main event.

CSL
11-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I'd guess Rock/Cena II rn

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Twice in a lifetime

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Never before, one mo' time 'gin.

CSL
11-06-2012, 09:32 PM
fairly sure "Once In A Lifetime" is just a tagline

in the same vein Hulk Hogan's probably been resisted in his life and somebody once moved Andre the Giant

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2012, 09:37 PM
"The irresistible force meeting the immovable object" was just hyperbole to hype a match.

"Once In a Lifetime" is not in that same vein. It was actually used to express that Rock vs Cena was a once in a lifetime match. In fact I'm pretty sure they said a few times that it was indeed a match that you get to see once in a lifetime.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-06-2012, 09:39 PM
One good thing about climate change: we can have WrestleMania outside in New York City in April.
:y:

Question: Do they bring in Shane Helms to get F5'ed by Lesnar during the show? :trollface:

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2012, 09:42 PM
I was simply making a joke. If WWE goes through with Rock-Cena again, I'm not really gonna flip out because "But they said 'Once in a lifetime'!!!" Your need to jump to WWE's defense at the slightest thing that sounds like a knock on them is bizarre. Do you or do you not in fact own stock in WWE, yes or no?

CSL
11-06-2012, 09:43 PM
"Once In a Lifetime" is not in that same vein. It was actually used to express that Rock vs Cena was a once in a lifetime match.

you say this like Gorilla Monsoon didn't really mean it when he shouted "THE IRRESISTIBLE FORCE MEETS THE IMMOVABLE OBJECT JESS"

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Question: Do they bring in Shane Helms to get F5'ed by Lesnar during the show? :trollface:

Probably should have been the SummerSlam poster. No mention by WWE that Shane Helms is getting F-5ed by Lesnar on the poster. Just a bunch of people on the internet saying "What the fuck is with Shane Helms on the poster? lol. Makes no sense. Are they just gonna ignore it? So fucking weird."

CSL
11-06-2012, 09:45 PM
I was simply making a joke. If WWE goes through with Rock-Cena again, I'm not really gonna flip out because "But they said 'Once in a lifetime'!!!" Your need to jump to WWE's defense at the slightest thing that sounds like a knock on them is bizarre. Do you or do you not in fact own stock in WWE, yes or no?

lol nah I just pick up on things you post because you complain about WWE more than maybe anybody here and usually in a more "passionate" way than the average internet "WWE is evil but I don't know why" way http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2012, 09:45 PM
you say this like Gorilla Monsoon didn't really mean it when he shouted "THE IRRESISTIBLE FORCE MEETS THE IMMOVABLE OBJECT JESS"

I'm pretty sure he was aware that it was possible to move Andre the Giant.

#1-norm-fan
11-06-2012, 09:50 PM
lol nah I just pick up on things you post because you complain about WWE more than maybe anybody here and usually in a more "passionate" way than the average internet "WWE is evil but I don't know why" way http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

It's usually just the writing I complain about because it seems to get overlooked too much when people are talking shit about the company.

I'm pretty quick to point out awesomeness though. Like the way Rock is used, the way Brock is used, the fact that they've finally opened their eyes and decided to stop robbing the people of seeing Johnny Curtis on their television on a regular basis.

Rock Bottom
11-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Why do you have to turn Ryback heel to have a match with The Rock? lol

Ryback challenging The Rock for the WWE title doesn't make the most sense to people? Man.

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Yeah, not getting the Rock/Ryback thing, Rock Bottom. Please explain.

No one has mentioned the possibility of The Rock vs. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar yet? If The Rock beats Punk at the Royal Rumble, Brock Lesnar could then beat Rock at Elimination Chamber for the WWE Title. Then you've got a "Rock/Paper/Scissors" thing going on with Rock (beat Cena, lost to Lesnar), Cena (beat Lesnar, lost to Rock) and Brock (beat Rock, lost to Brock).

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2012, 04:13 AM

I agree with this, for the record. Punk heading into WrestleMania with the WWE Title would make me really happy.

I'm also more of a fan of Cena vs. Punk at Mania than most people. I think it is magic whenever those two work together, and I like the idea of the Mania main event featuring two full-time roster members. An "I Quit" Match between the two to close Mania could be really epic.

#1-norm-fan
11-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Why do you have to turn Ryback heel to have a match with The Rock? lol

Ryback challenging The Rock for the WWE title doesn't make the most sense to people? Man.

Ryback would probably need to turn heel for it to work. I can't see how a face/face dynamic between the two would be intriguing as Ryback's charm is that he will beat the fuck out of guys you want to see him beat the fuck out of.

AKA heels. They wouldn't be able to sell a face vs face match based on Ryback being a monster. It doesn't make sense. He either needs a dastardly heel that people wanna see him rip apart or he needs to be the heel that they wanna see the face overcome against all odds and finally take down.

loopydate
11-07-2012, 02:59 PM
If it was me, Mania would be something like:

WWE Title
CM Punk (c) vs. The Rock vs. John Cena

World Title
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Randy Orton

Okay, it didn't work with Goldberg, but let's try again
Ryback vs. Brock Lesnar

Lucha-Style Showcase Match (Mask vs. Mask?)
Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

They'll call it a "match," but let's be real
AJ Lee vs. Vicki Guerrero

Beyond that, I don't really know.

#1-norm-fan
11-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Sounds good. I'm not sure if they'd do a triple threat for the main event though. I wouldn't mind seeing Punk headline WrestleMania with two guys the stature of Rock and Cena but I also see no way he'd come out on top.

If Punk loses the title at the Rumble like I think he will, and they really wanna still push him as relevant and not have him become lost in the shuffle, I'd like to see him face Triple H. Maybe have him come out after the Rumble to bitch about his reign ending and Ric Flair makes his return interrupting Punk. Punk beats the hell out of Flair in a fit of rage and Triple H comes back to re-ignite the feud that started with the "summer of Punk". Have some teasing and eventually have it be Triple H vs Punk in a submission match with Flair in Triple H's corner and Heyman in Punk's corner. Not to mention the sub-plot between Heyman and HHH that started with the Lesnar feud.

Could lead to some awesome promos leading the way as Heyman and Flair haven't really crossed paths much and you can have Punk-Stephanie, Punk-HBK, Punk Flair, etc. all getting into it verbally on the road to the match.

Rock Bottom
11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Maybe we're gonna get Rock/Brock two as a main event, or second to last. We're all waiting for the Heyman/Punk and Heyman/Lesnar thing to be relevant, maybe it happens at the Rumble. It would make sense, as Lesnar's already proven that he can beat The Rock straight up. Lesnar's not going to stray from the top of the card, and neither is The Rock, but this might not be the main main event money match. I dunno.

Now that I'm really thinking about it, the next Wrestlemania should be really good. Lots of fresh options. I just think they're really gonna take Ryback as far as they can.

Hell, we may even have a tag match or two to give a shit about...

Rhaps
11-07-2012, 06:41 PM
A lot of thinking so far since Rock made the announcement that he'd be challenging for the title at the Rumble seem to have Punk vs. Rock, Rock wins the title, Rock faces Cena at Mania, Cena finally gets one over on The Rock, everybody lives happily ever after.

The only possible problem I can see with Rock winning the title is, would they give the belt to a part-timer? Even one of The Rock's stature? Would they really go from the Rumble to Mania via whatever PPV comes in between (Elimination Chamber is it?) with only infrequent appearances from the guy who's supposed to be the number one star?

Mixing a wild guess with a bit of fantasy booking, I'm guessing:

Royal Rumble - Rock vs. Punk for WWE Title..punk retains via some sort of shenanigans (a swerve by Austin? Cena getting his revenge on The Rock leading to a WM rematch:)

Wrestlemania:
Cena / Rock II (set up by cena's involvement in the Rock/Punk match)

WWE Title: Champion CM Punk defends against Ryback in a Last Man Standing Match

World Heavyweight Title: Dolph Ziggler vs. Royal Rumble winner The Miz
(after Miz turns face due to lack of anything better to do)

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
(because it's gonna happen whether we like it or not and Mania seems like the best place for it)

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio

Either an IC or US title match

4-team tag team title match in which Rhodes Scholars walk away with the gold

divas match

Undertaker puts in appearance but doesn't wrestle.

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2012, 11:16 PM
I've already posted an entire WrestleMania card on here somewhere, but the other day I got to thinking:

Cody Rhodes is a young guy. He's only 27 years old, and is one of the more interesting rising stars the WWE has. He's also probably one of the more bankable ones as far as long-term investments go. As a "shocker" in next year's Rumble, he could win and use his title shot to challenge Big Show at WrestleMania, looking to redeem his Mania loss to Show at WrestleMania this year. Just a random thought.

KaosDarksol
11-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Daniel Bryan should be put in a mask and then they can have team hell no vs sin cara and Rey Mysterio to attempt the mask record just a thought. Also for the main event ryback vs fandango

Fignuts
11-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Cena vs The Rock for the WWE title.

With the Ziggler/Orton feud on tap for the other title, and Austin and Taker likely not competing, I don't know where that leaves Punk. But I think you really have to do the Cena/Rock sequel at mania.

dronepool
11-08-2012, 01:34 AM
WWE Title
The Rock vs. John Cena

World Title
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Randy Orton vs Alberto Del Rio

#1 Contender Match....2 out of 3 Falls.
CM Punk vs Ryback

Submission Match
Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar

Sheamus vs The Undertaker

Kane vs Big Show

Money In The Bank

IC Belt

Tag Belts

Droford
11-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Starting to get nervous and rethink putting 300 bucks+ into a ticket..none of these cards work for me

Droford
11-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Ii had my hopes set up to get disappointed on punk vs taker as the main event

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-08-2012, 01:53 AM
WWE Title

#1 Contender Match....2 out of 3 Falls.
CM Punk vs Ryback
]

Ryback can barley make one match interesting. How is he going to pull of 2 out of 3 falls?

Fignuts
11-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Nah, even if the card isn't exactly what you had hoped to see, Wrestlemania live is still absolutely amazing, and totally worth the doolars.

#1-norm-fan
11-08-2012, 02:17 AM
WWE Title Match
John Cena vs The Rock (c)

World Title Match
Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler (c)

No Holds Barred
Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs Ryback

Submission Match
Triple H (w/Ric Flair) vs CM Punk (w/ Paul Heyman)

Sheamus & Shaquille O'Neal vs The Miz & The Big Show

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Kofi Kingston vs Christian vs Wade Barrett vs Cody Rhodes vs Damien Sandow vs Fandango vs Santino vs Randy Orton

Mask-a-Mania!
Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara

WWE Divas Title Match
AJ vs Eve (c)

WWE Tag Team Title Match
Team Hell No vs Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez (c)

WWE United States Title Match
Jack Swagger vs Antonio Cesaro (c)

#1-norm-fan
11-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Plus a battle royal for the pre-show.

I wouldn't mind that card.

dronepool
11-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Ryback can barley make one match interesting. How is he going to pull of 2 out of 3 falls?

Just so CM Punk can beat him. Ryback gets tired.. ect CM Punk uses his comfortably with long matches to outlast him.

Jordan
11-08-2012, 03:20 AM
It's always hard to predict but this is what I feel we will get...

WWE Championship: The Rock (c) vs Brock Lesnar w. Paul Heyman
The Undertaker vs CM Punk
John Cena vs Ryback
World Heavyweight Championship: Some form of Orton/Sheamus/Ziggler/Big Show

The Rock could take the title from CM Punk at The Rumble... Brock could win the Rumble

Cena and Ryback seems like a natural match to me kind of like Hogan/Warrior

CM Punk challenging Taker makes the most sense of any guy on the roster. Brock is possible, but Brock/Rock has a lot of main stream appeal. CM Punk is the only guy that even really deserves a match with The Undertaker on the roster after the Triple H matches.

Rock Bottom
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't see John Cena in the main event this year. There is too much talent that would outshine Cena. I've been saying he's on his way down for a while now, and yet, he's still appeared in most of the main events. It's just a matter of how loud the boos have to get before they cave in.

Rock Bottom
11-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Ryback is a virtual lock for me as far as the royal rumble winner. They'd be absolutely stupid not to have him win the Rumble at this point in his launch.

That's why I say Ryback vs. The Rock.

If The Rock won the title, and then Ryback came out and did some moves on him squash-style after his match, you don't think people would turn on Raw to see what The Rock is going to do about it? And even if they boo Ryback, which I doubt, you would have a mega heel, not something forced.

#1-norm-fan
11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't see John Cena in the main event this year. There is too much talent that would outshine Cena. I've been saying he's on his way down for a while now, and yet, he's still appeared in most of the main events. It's just a matter of how loud the boos have to get before they cave in.

... The boos have gotten less loud over the years. If they were gonna "cave" they wouldn't do it now.

Cena is not on his way down. He's by far the biggest name on the full time roster and he's gonna continue to be treated as such. He's the face of the company. That's not changing any time soon.

Rock Bottom
11-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I guess we'll see what happens if he ever has a match against Ryback.

#1-norm-fan
11-08-2012, 10:41 PM
There is a very good chance Ryback would win... and Cena would continue to be the franchise while they try to build Ryback as a superstar/crossover draw.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I think Ryback just screams World Heavyweight Champion to me. I don't see him as the standard bearer for the company.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I think Ryback just screams World Heavyweight Champion to me. I don't see him as the standard bearer for the company.

This. I think it's entirely possible that Ryback could win the Royal Rumble and challenge Big Show for the World Title at WrestleMania. I can't see him being put against The Rock, though. Rocky won't be on every show, so you need someone who can talk to make a feud with him relevant.

I still really want to see Brock Lesnar vs. Shawn Michaels at Mania. I think that would be one of the best matches the WWE could put forward, and one that would capture imaginations. Plus, they've already laid the ground work for it.

If the WWE is absolutely adamant about doing Rock vs. Cena (and I don't think they should be), then I would not mind seeing CM Punk & Brock Lesnar team up to face Triple H & Shawn Michaels. There would be a lot of story heading into that match.

Rock Bottom
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Punk and Lesnar vs. HHH/Michaels would be a pretty epic match.

#1-norm-fan
11-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm as big of a Shawn Michaels mark as you'll find but I can't see any way Michaels realistically beats Lesnar so a singles match, while the hope of HBK pulling off the craziest upset of his career in an awesome "Broken down old man comes out of retirement to defeat the biggest monster in the company" moment, the fact that I can't see it happening kinda makes me not really wanna see it.

I feel like the idea of WrestleMania should be to have a card full of as many "main event" level matches as you can while trying your hardest to not do any matches that don't feel "unique" (Like Kane-Orton last year). That's why I'd prefer HHH vs Punk as a gimmick singles match. If they did go HBK vs Lesnar as well, that would leave Ryback to face Show for the World Title an you'd still have guys like Orton, Ziggler and Sheamus to throw in more "big time" matches. So that would be a plus.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm as big of a Shawn Michaels mark as you'll find but I can't see any way Michaels realistically beats Lesnar so a singles match, while the hope of HBK pulling off the craziest upset of his career in an awesome "Broken down old man comes out of retirement to defeat the biggest monster in the company" moment, the fact that I can't see it happening kinda makes me not really wanna see it.

I feel like the idea of WrestleMania should be to have a card full of as many "main event" level matches as you can while trying your hardest to not do any matches that don't feel "unique" (Like Kane-Orton last year). That's why I'd prefer HHH vs Punk as a gimmick singles match. If they did go HBK vs Lesnar as well, that would leave Ryback to face Show for the World Title an you'd still have guys like Orton, Ziggler and Sheamus to throw in more "big time" matches. So that would be a plus.

That dynamic between Brock Lesnar and Shawn Michaels is what would make a Lesnar/Michaels match truly great, in my opinion. HBK is often called The Greatest of All-Time, and yet when you picture him mentally next to Lesnar, it just doesn't seem to play out. This is despite HBK vs. Kurt Angle at one point being a dream match, and Lesnar vs. Angle being perhaps the definitive rivalry of Lesnar's WWE career.

No one could make Lesnar look more devastating in the ring than Shawn Michaels could. Plus, I don't think Lesnar brutalising anyone else would have quite as powerful an effect as him beating on HBK would. A Sweet Chin Music out of nowhere on Lesnar could also be an amazing mark-out moment mid-match.

Do Lesnar vs. Triple H at Elimination Chamber, and have Triple H win on the basis of HBK intervention. That can be the trigger for Lesnar vs. HBK, with HBK requesting Triple H stay out of this, because Michaels has something to prove.

And Shawn Michaels wouldn't need to win. Just because reports say that Brock Lesnar has signed a one year deal with the WWE doesn't mean that is the only work the two parties will agree on. After WrestleMania, a story with Lesnar deciding that he wants to be WWE or World Heavyweight Champion could be pretty massive. There's also the possibility of a rubber match (possibly Hell in a Cell) between Triple H and Brock Lesnar at one of the PPVs between Mania and SummerSlam.

#1-norm-fan
11-09-2012, 11:40 PM
You lost me at HBK losing. Fuck HBK losing. Ever.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2012, 11:44 PM
I said he didn't need to win. He's fucking HBK. The dude could lose to anyone and make it amazing.

Shisen Kopf
11-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Rex Ryan vs the Buffet Line

Emperor Smeat
11-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Going to throw a wildcard but I think Taker's match might be worthy of the final match spot.

From the way health reports are about him, next year's Mania really sounds like to be his last and maybe even his last match ever. No better way to end his legendary career with having the streak which has become as big as Mania itself close out the show.

The streak would have an official end in terms of matches possible and nothing else on the card would top the crowd cheering Taker to end the show knowing its his last.

Only problem is finding someone worthy to be that final opponent but Punk would make sense assuming Rock vs Cena occurs again.

Eklipse
11-10-2012, 09:23 AM
I think CM Punk vs John Cena may be the main event...
Or maybe Randy Orton vs The Rock...that would be good stuff.

Gertner
11-10-2012, 09:41 AM
CM Punk is not ever going to headline Wrestlemania. He's already destroyed RAW's ratings.

#1-norm-fan
11-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't think Orton is ever gonna headline a WrestleMania again. I'm pretty sure he's peaked. Even before his second strike, he was relegated to filler match with Kane at WrestleMania and he's been in random "these guys don't have anything to do right now" matches since then. He's probably the most established guy in the company not named John Cena but I don't think they wanna invest too much in him anymore. He definitely wouldn't be facing The Rock at Mania.

DAMN iNATOR
11-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I said he didn't need to win. He's fucking HBK. The dude could lose to anyone and make it amazing.

Yeah, and he even fell to Cena of all people at WM 23 and I’m still amazed by that classic. That, his match with Flair and the 2 with ’Taker were by far the highlights of some pretty lackluster WM’s of recent memory.

DAMN iNATOR
11-10-2012, 04:00 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UVQRirSaljE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I still get all choked up/:'( when Shawn mouths to Flair, “I’m sorry...I love you”, right before he SCM’s and pins Nature Boy...

#1-norm-fan
11-10-2012, 04:04 PM

He could. As an HBK mark though, I'm still bitter that WWE had him spend his entire prime putting people over. After he came back in 2002 it seems like he got some big wins including a month long reign as champion but he was mainly used to put others over. For 8 years. And he was the best WWE had to offer for those 8 years. But they "used" him as the guy to make everyone else look good because he was old. Not taking into account the fact that regardless of his age, he was far and away the best talent on the roster and could have had a legit "second career" as a true headliner.

#1-norm-fan
11-10-2012, 04:05 PM
He's probably the last guy I'll ever be a true mark for as far as wanting to see someone win matches because of emotional investment and not because of how I feel the storyline should go.

Mr. Nerfect
11-10-2012, 05:30 PM
He could. As an HBK mark though, I'm still bitter that WWE had him spend his entire prime putting people over. After he came back in 2002 it seems like he got some big wins including a month long reign as champion but he was mainly used to put others over. For 8 years. And he was the best WWE had to offer for those 8 years. But they "used" him as the guy to make everyone else look good because he was old. Not taking into account the fact that regardless of his age, he was far and away the best talent on the roster and could have had a legit "second career" as a true headliner.

I was thinking about this just the other day. While it is true that Shawn Michaels was massively over without the title and probably didn't want it -- he was truly the best performer they had for many years. I wonder how different the WWE would be if HBK had been the go-to guy when it came to WWE Title reigns?

#1-norm-fan
11-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I think Cena's reactions would be much different as he wouldn't have been forced into the position of carrying the main event so much as a face. Obviously, you still want Cena in the main event picture as he was younger. Even still winning WWE/World titles back and forth with HBK. He just wouldn't be over-exposed.

Mr. Nerfect
11-10-2012, 08:43 PM
That is what my mind originally went to. Cena's original overexposure might have been avoided. In fact, the majority of the IWC might feel Cena to be "underused."

Mr. Nerfect
11-10-2012, 08:46 PM
On a slightly related note, I still stand by my opinion of the time that JBL should have walked out of WrestleMania 21 the WWE Champion. Cena should have gone into the PPV as the United States Champion (not dropping the title to Orlando Jordan before the event), and his bout with JBL should have ended with OJ and The Cabinet attacking Cena as it looked like he was about to win the title. This would have also explained for the time constraints put on the match.

Judgment Day would have been Cena's big moment, where he could have gotten JBL in the I Quit Match still, and he could have taken out each Cabinet member the weeks heading into the show in US Title matches.

Shisen Kopf
11-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Seeing as WM is in NY area this year the Donald should return for battle of the billionaires again. Ryback for Trump and Lesnar for Vince. This time instead of shaving heads, loser's wife has to run for the Senate.

Rock Bottom
11-13-2012, 03:33 PM
As opinionated as I am, I can see The Rock not winning at Rumble too, and they could use the assumption that The Rock would carry the title into Wrestlemania to sell tickets without making his match about the belt...

Heyman
11-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Why of have CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan for the main-event?

Daniel Bryan is over like crazy right now. I'd have him win the rumble to be honest.

-CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
-The Rock vs. John Cena II
-Ryback vs. Lesnar

At Royal Rumble, CM Punk faces and defeats The Rock due to Cena interference.
Cena defeats The Rock at Mania while Bryan defeats Punk. Ryback also goes over Lesnar.

XL
11-14-2012, 05:58 PM
With all the Rock/Cena/Brock/Punk iterations available, nobody has considered Punk vs Brock. I think that'd be a pretty interesting match-up with Heyman in the middle trying to play peace maker.

Mr. Nerfect
11-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Why of have CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan for the main-event?

Daniel Bryan is over like crazy right now. I'd have him win the rumble to be honest.

-CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
-The Rock vs. John Cena II
-Ryback vs. Lesnar

At Royal Rumble, CM Punk faces and defeats The Rock due to Cena interference.
Cena defeats The Rock at Mania while Bryan defeats Punk. Ryback also goes over Lesnar.

Punk vs. Bryan is something I have thought about, but have kept quiet about because most people think that if you have two indy darlings face each other at WrestleMania, then you are calling for the titles to be unified by them. I'm of the opinion that Bryan should be in a high profile match at WrestleMania, though, because he is the best worker the WWE has, and he is fantastically over. Why would you not capitalise on that?

I'd rather see Ziggler vs. Bryan for the World Title than Ziggler vs. Orton. Let Ziggler and Bryan go at it and have the best possible wrestling match they can to counter-balance the "spectacles."

Heyman
11-14-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm of the opinion that Bryan should be in a high profile match at WrestleMania, though, because he is the best worker the WWE has, and he is fantastically over. Why would you not capitalise on that?

My thoughts exactly. Punk vs. Bryan would also be one helluva wrestling match. :cool:

As far as Ziggler goes, I'd have him job to Orton in an earlier non-title match.......but then have him "cash in" after a hard fought Sheamus/Barret title match.

A scenario I have in my mind is this:

-Sheamus and Barret have a huge hard fought match for the title that Sheamus barely wins. After the match, the two men shake hands. Out of nowhere, Ziggler goes into cash. Barret comes back and knocks out Ziggler (Barret thinks its wrong for Ziggler to take advantage of a tired half-dead Sheamus).

Sheamus pins Ziggler for the 1-2-3 and retains.

Barret gives a thumbs up to Sheamus, but warns Sheamus that he's coming after the title next month.

Mr. Nerfect
11-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Not bad. And honestly, something like that is likely to happen. I do think that the WWE should try and get Chris Jericho in for a match against Ziggler at WrestleMania, though.

James Steele
11-15-2012, 02:12 AM
I'd job Orton to Ziggler. WWE needs to phase Randy Orton out and have him put over guys left and right so when he fucks up again and they fire him, he will be useless in TNA like every other WWE castoff they signed.

Mr. Nerfect
11-15-2012, 02:22 AM
I actually agree with this. Really hope they don't put Orton in the World Title match at WrestleMania next year. Have Orton put over someone in either the IC or US Title match.

Heyman
11-15-2012, 05:03 AM
Going to disagree with you guys on Orton. I think the WWE should put him back in the main-events. Unlike common sentiment, I would actually keep Orton as a face....maybe make him slightly edgier.....almost a Steve Austin level badass.

I've been saying it all night but the real money is in turning Cena heel. A face Orton vs a heel Cena would be great.

Heyman
11-15-2012, 05:04 AM
Not bad. And honestly, something like that is likely to happen. I do think that the WWE should try and get Chris Jericho in for a match against Ziggler at WrestleMania, though.

I would like this idea as well.

drave
11-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Going to disagree with you guys on Orton. I think the WWE should put him back in the main-events. Unlike common sentiment, I would actually keep Orton as a face....maybe make him slightly edgier.....almost a Steve Austin level badass.

I've been saying it all night but the real money is in turning Cena heel. A face Orton vs a heel Cena would be great.

Indeed it would! Remember their rivalry a couple years back?? Great feud, great matches and the crowd was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay into it, week after week. Honestly, a Cena heel vs any face would have people going nuts.

I am more partridge.gif on Orton as of late, but I think that is because he just doesn't have a decent program to work with. He is still great with what he does, and I LOVE his powerslam he does before the RKO. Orton/Ziggler is going to be great, if that is the road they take.