PDA

View Full Version : Every week I fast foreward through _____

Rollermacka
11-10-2012, 08:33 PM
So while your watching pro wrestling, what do you fast foreward through/ take a bathroom break durring every week?

Mr. Nerfect
11-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Randy Orton.

I just fast-forwarded through his promo backstage on SmackDown with Matt Striker, and I skipped his entire match with Alberto Del Rio. I'm sure it was good, but I just don't think that Orton fits the current WWE product. At least not their main event scene.

If Orton left the WWE and went to TNA, I might care about him -- because suddenly there would be some edge to what he was doing. It'd be new. In the WWE, though, I find myself hard pressed to care about any of his recent stories.

I would really enjoy Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston, actually. Have it come out of their Survivor Series match, perhaps with Ziggler reminding Kofi of all the shit Orton did to him. A feud between Orton and Kingston over the IC Title might make me care about Orton and the belt.

Shisen Kopf
11-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Just about everything. Took me 25 mins to watch raw this week.

St. Jimmy
11-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Everything on Raw not involving CM Punk/Daniel Bryan/Dolph Ziggler

#1-norm-fan
11-10-2012, 10:58 PM
You forgot Claudio. Plus you called Bryan Danielson "Daniel Bryan". Such a mark thing to do.

Wake Up Call
11-10-2012, 11:01 PM
The only things I watch are Bryan/Kane, Cena (this is becoming harder and harder with the retard AJ Angle) CM Punk and Ryback. Other than that, the FF button is pushed.

Juan
11-11-2012, 01:40 AM
I fast forward through pretty much every backstage segment and product promos

Logan
11-11-2012, 01:41 AM
almost everything (ESPECIALLY the divas stuff). At the moment, about the only things I DON'T ff through is team hell no (theyre good enough of an odd couple for me to like them) and anything with Paul heyman in it

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3xebT4HQKDI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To paraphrase Drave82, "[I've been] a Paul Heyman guy :foc: " ever since this happened.

Razzamajazz
11-11-2012, 02:20 AM
my dvr can skip forward and back 5 minutes at a time. it's usually how i watch until i see something that seems interesting

Disturbed316
11-11-2012, 03:29 AM
Divas.

Autobahn
11-11-2012, 04:05 AM
I used to just youtube the good bits of Raw. Rarely watch a whole episode these days. These days I barely even youtube it.

Road Warrior
11-11-2012, 06:27 AM
fast forward through most matches, unless it's something that they haven't done in a while or a match that has a little hype behind it.

drave
11-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Usually takes me about 30-45 mins to get through all 3 hours. Cena/AJ Angle is wank beyond wank. The involvement with Ziggler is great though, looking forward to seeing the PPV next week, RIGHT HERE IN INDIANAPOLIS *cheap pop*

CM Punk / Anything I watch. Him + Heyman (though not necessary) is great. I am excited to see the RYBACK but he is starting to feel "commoplace" as well.

Divas = bleh.

Nicky Fives
11-11-2012, 08:54 AM
The Raw Rebound.....

Gertner
11-11-2012, 09:00 AM
When CM Punk has the mic

Shadrick
11-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Cmon Gertner, you took 15 posts to finally get in here. Tighten up.

Gertner
11-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Lol I just started work

MoFo
11-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Anyone who calls themself BEST IN THE WORLD

#1-norm-fan
11-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I have it on a stream in the background during football and glance back to it on occasion to see what's happening. Then I'll look over the results. If anything happens that feels like I should watch it, I'll youtube it. That rarely happens lately though.

DLVH84
11-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Commercials

Emperor Smeat
11-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Recaps and filler stuff for the most part or when Cena would have his usual monologue type promo that for a long time occurred at least once a week.

Cuse8
11-11-2012, 01:05 PM
in no particular order...

santino
divas
any match ryback is in thats not the main event
anything involving the big show

Ultra Mantis
11-11-2012, 01:38 PM
I only watch segments that sound interesting and a handful of matches if they feature somebody who has good matches. Havent watched any shows at all other than NXT for the past few weeks.

Tommy Gunn
11-11-2012, 01:54 PM
With Raw I tend to FF through some of the throw-away tag matches to get to the main storylines. On Smackdown I tend to watch most of the show because JBL is a commentary god, although anytime Randy Orton and Alberto collide I skip through it.

drave
11-11-2012, 05:29 PM
in no particular order...

anything involving the big show

Normally, I would agree here. Lately though, especially the Sheamus feud, he has been pretty good. He finally seems to be the "I'm huge, fuck you" mentality and sticking with the Bastard gimmick quite well.... for the first time.

#1-norm-fan
11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah, Big Show is awesome right now.

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I would not be opposed to Show knocking out everyone until WrestleMania, where he can face Ryback or Cody Rhodes for the World Heavyweight Title.

The Condor
11-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Agree with Noid. Anything with Orton. Couldn't care less.

#1-norm-fan
11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
"Cody Rhodes" and "World Heavyweight Title" should not be used in the same sentence.

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Cody Rhodes is the future of WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2012, 08:07 PM
The only time I think now would be a good time for Cody, is because if he went against Big Show, it could be billed as redemption for Rhodes from last year's Mania. No real need to rush, though.

Actually, I'm all for Sheamus winning back the World Title at Survivor Series (which makes sense, as Sheamus is the hard-working babyface, and it shows improvement in the Celtic Warrior by putting him over the guy who beat him), only for a pissed off Show on RAW to viciously attack the World Heavyweight Champion, allowing Dolph Ziggler to cash in and kick-start the Ziggler era of the World Heavyweight Title. Fuck, put Ziggler over Cena cleanly at TLC to give him a major kick out the door as champ. Sheamus can beat Big Show in a Tables Match and CM Punk and Ryback can have a TLC Match for the WWE Title.

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm also all for a Rock/Dolph confrontation backstage at the Royal Rumble. Ziggler could beat Sheamus in what would be an amazing World Title match at the Rumble, and Ziggler could then enter the Royal Rumble Match itself, looking to become "Undisputed Champion" like a certain someone he feuded with earlier this year...

Ziggler could have a marathon run in the Rumble, doing his best Ric Flair impersonation, and then Jericho could return (not as an official competitor) and toss Ziggler out of the match, kick-starting what could be an awesome WrestleMania season program between the two. And although there is no need to put Jericho over Ziggler -- Y2J has never been a babyface World Champion before, so it might be a great crowning moment for Jericho to win the big one at WrestleMania. It could be billed as "Do or Die" for Jericho, which could add drama to the whole thing.

If Jericho is planning to work WrestleMania (and despite Jericho's indications that agreements can't be reached between the WWE and himself, it's certainly not out of the question), I would definitely prefer this over Ziggler vs. The Two-Strike Viper. Have Orton turn heel for WrestleMania and put over a babyface.

#1-norm-fan
11-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Cody Rhodes is the future of "Create a Wrestler" templates.

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2012, 08:15 PM
You really don't like Cody Rhodes?

#1-norm-fan
Yeah it's an old joke. It fits though.

Seriously, he was good when the writers gave him character depth though. Can you seriously see Cody Rhodes as the guy headlining WrestleManias that the company is showcasing as one of their poster childs?

#1-norm-fan
I think Cody is a great mid-carder.

#1-norm-fan
11-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Give him some character with some good writing like he had during the disfigured phase and he can be a great upper-midcarder at times. They probably shouldn't have just let him drop off and become irrelevant for a while after that whole thing stopped.

Cuse8
11-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Normally, I would agree here. Lately though, especially the Sheamus feud, he has been pretty good. He finally seems to be the "I'm huge, fuck you" mentality and sticking with the Bastard gimmick quite well.... for the first time.

its tough bc i like sheamus..and think hes put on some excellent matches lately (sandow, barrett and miz) but for some reason with show it just doesnt do much for me

#1-norm-fan
11-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Don't forget those awesome brawls with Tensai. They could have replaced one of those Del Rio PPV matches with a Tensai match for the title and both men would have come out looking like total badasses.

drave
11-11-2012, 08:51 PM
its tough bc i like sheamus..and think hes put on some excellent matches lately (sandow, barrett and miz) but for some reason with show it just doesnt do much for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTMXkdHUlVY

That's more impressive than most.....

I like Sheamus too, even have a Brogue Kick Hooligan Tee, but Show is just as responsible for making Sheamus look just as good. I take nothing from Sheamus, he is solid right now, period, but in the same light, you can't dismiss Show.

#1-norm-fan
11-11-2012, 08:53 PM
I wish they would have gone with Tensai as the challenger at No Way Out instead of Ziggler. Ziggler could have gotten his shot to look good later but Tensai still only had one loss at the time and was fresh removed from pinfall victories over Punk and Cena. He could have seemed like a legit threat.

drave
11-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Give him some character with some good writing like he had during the disfigured phase and he can be a great upper-midcarder at times. They probably shouldn't have just let him drop off and become irrelevant for a while after that whole thing stopped.

Indeed. CAWdy definitely has a long way to go. In relation to another thread, he is one of the "Fast Forward" moments for me right now.

Hell, even when he was talking week after week, it was awful. he was more monotonous than Jack Thwagger, and even worse spoken. I think the paper bag gimmick was the best thing he had going, ever. It stuck, the crowd (despite booing the heel) LOVED the interaction of being bagged.

#1-norm-fan
11-11-2012, 09:00 PM
They could have done so much more with that gimmick. I had the idea a while ago of him doing a Phantom of the Opera type of thing for a while where he'd kidnap divas and take them to a dark room only to lift his mask and ask them if he looked hideous. It would have kept some depth to his character to have him so obsessed with his looks that he thinks he's disfigured long after the broken nose has healed.

Once he was done with that gimmick he kinda went back to being a generic heel with a scrawny frame and black tights.

Fignuts
11-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Nothing really. But I only watch about once or twice a month.

Cuse8
11-11-2012, 10:07 PM
i should add one more thing that i dont think anyone else has brought up yet..

del rio.. just bores me to death

loopydate
11-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Commercials and recaps. I tend to be online or writing while watching, so I'm only half-paying attention through most of the show unless something catches my ear.

#1-norm-fan
11-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Del Rio was so fresh and new when he came in and he seemed like he was gonna be a huge deal.

Then as time went on he became horribly bland and repetitive on the mic. So much charisma, great look, can put on a fine match... just has no originality on the mic. So generic.

Mr. Nerfect
11-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Del Rio needs someone interesting to feud with that can bring out the best in him. Even a non-wrestling Edge could be great -- with Edge trying to find someone to kick Del Rio's ass.

#1-norm-fan
11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Sheamus should have been that guy. Didn't stop Del Rio's promos from being same old same old. Neither did Edge actually come to think of it. Or Punk. Or Cena. Actually it seems like ever since his original feud with Mysterio he's been exposed in his promos.

drave
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
I never understood the Edge "hype", and still don't.

KyleEmmott
11-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Divas Match, and unless the Main event is actually different and interesting or I think something significant might happen, I fast forward through that too.

Mr. Nerfect
11-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Del Rio vs. Ryback could actually be an interesting feud, providing that they don't have Ryback beat Del Rio eight times in the exact same match. Del Rio's suave but dangerous persona would contrast well against Ryback's "no frills" dynamic. Also, seeing Ryback Shell Shock Ricardo could be a lot of fun.

Rollermacka
01-10-2013, 01:51 PM
For about a month now, I've more or less Fast Forwarded through pretty much any CM Punk promo. We get it, your anti establishment, you read smarks web sites and that Camacho should be US Champion right now :eek: