PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst of 2012 Wrasslin.

Volare
11-21-2012, 10:43 AM
So with one PPV to go, we're winding down another year of WWE.

So what were your highlights and the worst moments of the year?

Best moment - The Bryan, Punk, Kane, AJ storyline...most entertainment by far. And Rock beating Cena at WM28.

Worst moment...Bryan getting beat in 18 secs at Wrestlemania.

Razzamajazz
11-21-2012, 10:53 AM
so the worst moment led to the best moment?

Supreme Olajuwon
11-21-2012, 10:57 AM
I dunno if they're "the best" but some good stuff that I remember:

-Taker/HHH Hell in a Cell
-Pretty much the entire Raw after Wrestlemania
-Pretty much the entire Extreme Rules PPV
-Austin Aries winning the TNA title
-James Storm/Bobby Roode @ Bound For Glory

Volare
11-21-2012, 11:00 AM
so the worst moment led to the best moment?

IMO Yes, look at how the majority of the IWC was going off about the title match. Yes it did turn into something completely awesome (no pun intended) but we all thought it was the dumbest thing at the time.

Corndad
11-21-2012, 11:02 AM
1000th Raw was pretty epic. That was one of the best show of the year right up there with Mania and Raw after Mania.

Although it turned out well the whole Jerry Lawler Heart Attack show was awful. The silence. Not knowing what all actually happened at the time. Scary stuff and will go with that for the worst.

Razzamajazz
11-21-2012, 11:07 AM
IMO Yes, look at how the majority of the IWC was going off about the title match. Yes it did turn into something completely awesome (no pun intended) but we all thought it was the dumbest thing at the time.

i actually thought it was pretty clever at the time, but i see how everybody cried about it just like when christian won then lost the whc some time back, which *surprise* led to something.

my best moments had to involve lesnar's return and the whole build to wrestlemania, team hell no, and punk's reign. worst involves lawler's heart attack and just the whole last couple months in general. especially this cena/aj scandal nonsense

Volare
11-21-2012, 11:07 AM
I wanted to add the Heart Attack thing in mine, but I feel that it's a real life condition, and something that (at least to MY knowledge) hasn't happened before on live tv. So, there really isn't a bad part to that, it just happened and we all witnessed it live (or shortly thereafter on DVR online etc.etc.)

Cuse8
11-21-2012, 11:45 AM
best: ziggles continued push, kane/bryan angle, punk/heyman
worst: the return of atrain, aj/cena affair storyline

Schlomey
11-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Everyone is forgetting. 365 days of CM Punk as WWE Champion. BEST IN THE WORLD!

and I'll concur with the fellow who said Daniel Bryan's Wrestlemania loss was the worst moment of the year.

Volare
11-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Thank you sir.

drave
11-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Off the top of the cranium:

Best:
HHH/Taker WM
Punk (pre and post Heyman)
Ziggle Push
Sandow singles matches
Team Hell No (strictly for entertainment purposes)
Wade Barrett return (and his title reign will be on best of '13)

Worst:
AJ/Cena angle. Thank fuck for DVR
Botch Cara
Heath Slater being allowed to talk

I'm sure there are more, but I'm at work and can't research right now :(

Razzamajazz
11-21-2012, 12:49 PM
the heath slater vs random legends thing was nice too

Shisen Kopf
11-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Best of this year RYBACK. Worst is that Santino Marella is still employed.

Volare
11-21-2012, 01:55 PM
With the Mention of RYBACK

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/bf03014475f1ae42b481a576d08c0776/5832%20-%20extreme_rules%20ryback%20wwe%20yelling.png

Happy RYBACK returns!!

Emperor Smeat
11-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Best skit - Bryan/Kane therapy series

Best - tag team being focused on again, Punk/Bryan series, Ziggler winning the MitB, 3MB, return of Heyman, return of JBL, Damien Sandow, 1000th RAW, AJ's crazyness, NXT

Worst - Ryder Revolution derailed, showing the Lawler footage, Tensai's direction

Corporate CockSnogger
11-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Best - Billy Gunn on WWE tv in 2012

#1-norm-fan
11-21-2012, 02:50 PM
The Extreme Rules PPV was the best 3 hours of wrestling I can remember in a long time.

KaosDarksol
11-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Best- WWE
Worst- TNA

had to be said

Big Vic
11-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Best moment - The Bryan, Punk, Kane, AJ storyline...most entertainment by far. And Rock beating Cena at WM28.

That AJ storyline got my girl obsessed with wrestling.

Lock Jaw
11-21-2012, 04:03 PM
I have a terrible memory, but...

Best:

CM Punk's reign, feud with Daniel Bryan (featuring Kane and AJ)

Sheamus and Daniel Bryan 2/3 Falls match at some PPV after Mania

Team Hell No & "Resurgence" of the tag division

Briefly seeing Chris Jericho as a Face again

Briefly seeing Christian with a title belt

Worst:

Alberto Del Rio. I have had zero interest in him in 2012. From a feud that went way too long with Sheamus, to another feud that has gone on too long with Randy Orton. Both in which he was essentially there to be a jobber.

Daniel Bryan losing in 18 seconds at Mania. I mean, what came from it was fantastic, but "in the moment" it was terrible. It was a terribly built match with zero heat, and the Mania match was essentially used to build some actual heat for their next match at a lesser PPV. Which was fantastic. Would have been better if they could have built that heat, and had the fantastic match at Mania.

CM Punk's heel turn. I am still not a fan. He was something really unique and fresh as a face, and was quickly becoming "legit". Now he is a generic heel that will probably find himself right back in the spot and position on the card he was before his "big break" after he finally loses the title.

The Condor
11-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Best- Punk, Sandow, Ziggler, return of tag team wrestling, 3MB, and seeing Sycho Sid return. Also, the exodus of the Bella's and Kelly Kelly.

Worst- AJ post-1,000 RAW, Cena hamming it up, Santino, Sin Cara.

Rammsteinmad
11-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Basically, ANYTHING involving CM Punk, Daniel Bryan or Chris Jericho has been incredible.

The Raw after Wrestlemania was also a highlight of the year, and although the PPV's have had some good moments, this Raw was probably the best, or at least, the most entertaining show of the year.

drave
11-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Basically, ANYTHING involving CM Punk, Daniel Bryan or Chris Jericho has been incredible.

The Raw after Wrestlemania was also a highlight of the year, and although the PPV's have had some good moments, this Raw was probably the best, or at least, the most entertaining show of the year.

That RAW was fucking monumental.

If I recall, wasn't that the first raw the YES! chants (and ooooOOOOOOOHHH) started ACTUALLY catching on as a flaming reaction to the 18 second match?

Supreme Olajuwon
11-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Best- WWE
Worst- TNA

had to be said

No it didn't. There has been more than one stretch this year where TNA was putting on better shows than WWE.

This has been one of TNA's best years.

But yeah, let's just blindy shit on a show we don't watch because that's what everybody else is doing. Me too guys! Me too!

XL
11-21-2012, 04:54 PM

Am I missing the "pun" here?

MoFo
11-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Best - Lesnar returning
Worst - CM Punk boring the shit out of everyone for 11 months (and counting)

Corporate CockSnogger
11-21-2012, 06:35 PM
I'd say Daniel Bryan before Wrestlemania was pretty bad. Couldn't buy him as champ and he was just really really bland. Ever since the Raw following WM though he's gradually become much more fun, and his stuff with Kane has been one of the more entertaining things in WWE in a while. Losing the belt in 18 seconds was the best thing that happened to him. I don't really want to see him pushed higher than upper card level again though.

Ultra Mantis
11-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Am I missing the "pun" here?

"Yes"? "No" pun intended?

Maybe.

KyleEmmott
11-21-2012, 07:36 PM
BEST:
Taker/HHH Hell in a cell
Brock Lesnar's return
Raw 1000
Return of Jericho
Debut of Damien Sandow
Bryan/Punk

WORST:
ADR/Sheamus's forever long fued
Alberto Del Rio still with the company
AJ as GM

Hanso Amore
11-21-2012, 07:39 PM
I'd say Daniel Bryan before Wrestlemania was pretty bad. Couldn't buy him as champ and he was just really really bland. Ever since the Raw following WM though he's gradually become much more fun, and his stuff with Kane has been one of the more entertaining things in WWE in a while. Losing the belt in 18 seconds was the best thing that happened to him. I don't really want to see him pushed higher than upper card level again though.

I think he belongs where he is. Nicely booked storylines away from the main title. Where he can still entertain and still be inserted into big matches and angles and not needed to be the draw.

Love Team Hell No

#1-norm-fan
11-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah, despite people's desire to shit on everything Gertner says because of the way he says it, he was right about Bryan. The guy was out of place as champion. I didn't buy it.

Let him do stuff like he's doing now and put on stellar upper-midcard matches while the more credible guys take care of the main event scene and the guy can be a HUGELY vital part of the company. He's money. Just not as "the man".

Vastardikai
11-21-2012, 07:55 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3keykHR6JWw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the Best of 2012

#1-norm-fan
11-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Fucking loved that match.

#1-norm-fan
11-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Even though it's tough to watch now knowing that dirty ref is just standing there watching... waiting to make an impact.

Corporate CockSnogger
11-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah, despite people's desire to shit on everything Gertner says because of the way he says it, he was right about Bryan. The guy was out of place as champion. I didn't buy it.

Let him do stuff like he's doing now and put on stellar upper-midcard matches while the more credible guys take care of the main event scene and the guy can be a HUGELY vital part of the company. He's money. Just not as "the man".

Yeah I agree 100%. I bet people will be calling for these new guys Ambrose and Rollins to be winning the belt by this time next year (assuming they get a permanent role on the roster). A bunch of these internet darlings are definitely good, but nowhere near as good as the St Jimmys of the world seem to think they are. Antonio Cesaro for example would probably be better off in that tag team he's supposed to be good in, because as a singles wrestler he's pretty boring.

There's nothing wrong with good wrestlers being in the mid card, upper mid card or tag division.

Corporate CockSnogger
11-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Seriously though. Loved this entire segment. Best moment of 2012 for me.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Lf3NYxgjWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heath Slater vs returning legends was great as well.

MoFo
11-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Slick was :rofl: :rofl: :lol: in the Danielson/AJ wedding

Road Warrior
11-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Best Moment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LCzBf-jo84o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Autobahn
11-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Best: Rock/Cena feud
Worst: Aside from Lawlers heart attack - Sid not being re-signed

kareru
11-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Good -
the raw after wrestlemania aka brock lesnar returning
the rise if the 'it factor'
A double
Dolf ziggler
Vince russo gets future endeavoured
i dig crazy chicks

Bad-
Aj affair storyline
Aj affair storyline

Supreme Olajuwon
11-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Oh yeah Iginfest reminded me of this. This has to be in my best moments of 2012

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JcxzRE3QWQ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

especially when Bradshaw cracks up at the end