PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds once again... opens mouth and inserts foot.

VonErich Lives
05-10-2004, 05:54 PM
This is from Peter Kings MMQB collumn.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/peter_king/05/07/mmqb/index.html

"I ain't white. What world are you living in? I live in reality. They'd never let a black man get away with that.''

--Barry Bonds, asked last week about Roger Clemens' travel arrangement with the Astros. Clemens does not travel to Houston road games when he is not slated to pitch.

Editorial aside to Bonds (though I doubt Barry reads MMQB): This is a great example of why so many people dislike you. There's a bit of fundamental difference here, Barry. As an outfielder you're supposed to play most, if not, every day. Clemens is supposed to pitch every fourth or fifth day. If you were in his shoes, teams would line up to make you that offer. What an idiotic, racially divisive statement to make.

I also took issue with Bonds' sentiment, expressed last week, that many of his aches are due to all the intentional walks and regular walks he receives. "You're on your feet all day,'' he was quoted as saying in the New York Times. "I don't ever sit down. That's hard. It's a hard job.''

Stop it, Barry. I'm running out of Kleenex.

Loose Cannon
05-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Yeah, he carries the race card a little too much at times. Listen Barry, you play Professional Baseball, something that everybody in America dreams to play, you make god knows how much money, and you're a fk'n superstar. So do me a favor and SHUT THE FU** UP.

Rob
05-10-2004, 07:35 PM
When in doubt, play the race card. No white people in the media will speak up and challenge it.

BCWWF
05-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Its funny how this issue has absolutely nothing to do about race, yet it is still mentioned by him.

PureHatred
05-10-2004, 07:48 PM
I'd say something especially horrible about how quickly he plays the race card when he gets indicted for the Balko stuff, but he's on my Fantasy baseball league, and secretly I'm hoping that all blows over. :shifty:

But yeah, Bonds is a failure as a human being and really the most unlikeable star athlete in America. He went on and on about how proud he was going o be to apss Babe Ryth to "knock that old white man" out of the record books. He's alluded to the fact that the reason he's even been mentioned as having done steroids is because f his race. Completely ignoring the fact that there was a ton of backlash when Mark McGwire admitted to using andro. And that the media has basically ignored Gary Sheffield.

Bary Bonds is an ass. It's an embarassment to the game that a guy like this is going to end up smashing so many records.

The Outlaw
05-10-2004, 07:59 PM
When in doubt, play the race card. No white people in the media will speak up and challenge it.

:y:

Next time I get treated unfairly, I'm going to go on a rant about people trying to hold the white man down.

The Outlaw
05-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Scratch that, not even get treated unfairly just gonna go on a rant and be like "It's cuz I'm white aint it?"

Pretty pathetic, but this is Barry Bonds so whatever.

Rob
05-10-2004, 08:48 PM
:y:

Next time I get treated unfairly, I'm going to go on a rant about people trying to hold the white man down.

I remember this one day in sociology class back when I was in school, I actually dared to speak up about the amount of foriegners in England and how we should look after our own instead of bending over for people who contribute nothing to Britain. I also mentioned how when ever things go wrong, the easiest thing in the world is the blame the working white man. At least 50 people, including black people (to proving it wasn't a racial rant as some took it) came up to my to shake my hand the same day and there was only 19 people in the class (and most of them were foriengers arguing against me).

Nothing to do with sport but thought I'd mention it.

The Outlaw
05-10-2004, 09:01 PM
I remember this one day in sociology class back when I was in school, I actually dared to speak up about the amount of foriegners in England and how we should look after our own instead of bending over for people who contribute nothing to Britain. I also mentioned how when ever things go wrong, the easiest thing in the world is the blame the working white man. At least 50 people, including black people (to proving it wasn't a racial rant as some took it) came up to my to shake my hand the same day and there was only 19 people in the class (and most of them were foriengers arguing against me).

Nothing to do with sport but thought I'd mention it.

Good on ya :y:

lol I bet the people in the class were like ":eek:"

Wished I coulda seen that, haha

YOUR Hero
05-10-2004, 09:33 PM
What more can I add, Geez, I can't even play devil's advocate or anything, as this is so absurd

MoRcHeEbA
05-10-2004, 09:40 PM
I don't travel with my team to all out games, and I'm white... must be a race thing :cool:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-10-2004, 09:43 PM
I don't travel with my team to all out games, and I'm white... must be a race thing :cool:
You also play semi pro mother****er

MoRcHeEbA
05-10-2004, 09:46 PM
yeah sorry, how's your football career going? do you get paid to do something you love?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-10-2004, 09:48 PM
way to blow it out of propotion dickie

Just saying its not as big of a deal since you play semi pro...where you have to work another job while playing and have other shit to do

also :eek: at you gettin paid for semi pro....most semi pro leagues i've heard of the guys dont get paid

MoRcHeEbA
05-10-2004, 09:50 PM
well there isn't a "pro female" league so it's basically as far as you can go unless you wanna go play hockey in europe.. We also don't get paid that great... money is money though :D

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-10-2004, 09:56 PM
I figured there would be a pro league in Canada for girls

There is a pro basketball league here in the states for woman...figured it would kinda be the same shit up thurrrrrrr

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-10-2004, 09:57 PM
I think there is one for woman's soccer here too..but i'm not sure..might have folded

The Outlaw
05-10-2004, 10:11 PM
There is a pro basketball league here in the states for woman

WNBA :rofl:

The Outlaw
05-10-2004, 10:22 PM
But yeah, Bonds is a failure as a human being and really the most unlikeable star athlete in America. He went on and on about how proud he was going o be to apss Babe Ryth to "knock that old white man" out of the record books. He's alluded to the fact that the reason he's even been mentioned as having done steroids is because f his race. Completely ignoring the fact that there was a ton of backlash when Mark McGwire admitted to using andro. And that the media has basically ignored Gary Sheffield.

Bary Bonds is an ass. It's an embarassment to the game that a guy like this is going to end up smashing so many records.

To your first point, you got a link to the bit about his comment to Ruth? I never saw that :$

And yeah he's a dick. I've always expressed my dislike for him so whatever. I agree with the second point, I would rather have a class act like Big Mac, Hammering Hank, etc. holding records.

Rob
05-11-2004, 03:04 PM
yeah sorry, how's your football career going? do you get paid to do something you love?

So that's better than doing something you love for free? If you love the sport, you'd play it at any level and for your own rewards.

MoRcHeEbA
05-11-2004, 03:11 PM
yeah, and I would be playing for free if that's what it took, the fact I get paid has nothing to do with the fact I play. I have a full time job on top of my hockey

Rob
05-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Yeah I know you do. I just had to say it after your first comment to sTiMa

VonErich Lives
05-11-2004, 03:55 PM
also :eek: at you gettin paid for semi pro....most semi pro leagues i've heard of the guys dont get paid

Most "Semi-Pro's" get paid, it's usualy not a lot, unless it's a good player and even still it's not a lot.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-11-2004, 04:57 PM
When they interviewed Barry for this, was he sitting on his recliner in front of his big screen that separates him from the rest of the clubhouse?

The Outlaw
05-11-2004, 06:43 PM
When they interviewed Barry for this, was he sitting on his recliner in front of his big screen that separates him from the rest of the clubhouse?

Word

Adder
05-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Wait.

Are you kidding?

He doesn't really have this type of setup now does he?

LOL either way.

samichna
05-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Barry Bonds is a big bitch anyways, so who cares.

Adder
05-12-2004, 08:21 PM
I agree, but it would be some much funnier.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Wait.

Are you kidding?

He doesn't really have this type of setup now does he?

LOL either way.

Technically he has a plasma TV but its close enough

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-14-2004, 01:26 AM
Most "Semi-Pro's" get paid, it's usualy not a lot, unless it's a good player and even still it's not a lot.My bro plays (well PLAYED..taking this season off..) semi pro football in a local league...none of the guys on any of the teams get paid

I am sure there is some out there...but I know a lot of the semi pro football teams dont get moeny for playing....atleast in the leagues around here

samichna
05-14-2004, 07:59 PM
"</>http://tpww.net/misc/images/aim/aimfoot.gif</>"

VonErich Lives
05-14-2004, 10:53 PM
My bro plays (well PLAYED..taking this season off..) semi pro football in a local league...none of the guys on any of the teams get paid

I am sure there is some out there...but I know a lot of the semi pro football teams dont get moeny for playing....atleast in the leagues around here

Which team? Cause the guys I knew around here that played Semi Pro got paid, again... it wasn't much. (and I know where from the same state, so "around here" is the same.)

When did he play? I'm going back probably 10 years on my point of refrence.

Rob
05-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Semi professional means just that. You should be getting paid something and if your not then you are getting bumped.

YOUR Hero
05-15-2004, 12:56 PM
I think Stima is confusing what a semi pro league is.