PDA

View Full Version : TNA books the Alamodome for upcoming ppv

slik
11-30-2012, 01:02 AM
TNA has announced LOCKDOWN will take place from the 70,000 seat Alamodome on March 10, 2013.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Supreme Olajuwon
11-30-2012, 01:04 AM
why's that funny

slik
11-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Ask me again in March 2013 when TNA has 7,000 people in attendance.

Supreme Olajuwon
11-30-2012, 01:07 AM
I don't have that kind of memory. Can't you just tell me the punchline now?

slik
11-30-2012, 01:09 AM
You honestly think TNA could sell out a dome show?

The Condor
11-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Hulk Hogan sold out the Silverdome, the Alamodome is no problem at all, brother.

James Steele
11-30-2012, 01:13 AM
:lol:

This is going to be an epic fail.

#1-norm-fan
11-30-2012, 01:18 AM
... This has to be fake. There's no way TNA is that fucking crazy.

James Steele
I hope they do well as it would bring them a lot of attention, but realistically this is dumb. I bet the show gets moved to the AT&T Center in a few months.

Lock Jaw
Got excited because I thought there was a rare VSG sighting in this thread.

Supreme Olajuwon
11-30-2012, 01:19 AM
YES!

James Steele
11-30-2012, 01:20 AM
FFS, TNA couldn't sell out a house show in Tyler, TX in an "arena" that holds a little under 7,000.

Rollermacka
11-30-2012, 01:21 AM
Ask me again in March 2013 when TNA has 7,000 people in attendance.

7,000 well, that would be 7 times the ammount they usually do for PPVs. I guess that would be a win? :-\

#1-norm-fan
11-30-2012, 01:22 AM
It's true apparently.

I just don't... why... who's idea was this!?!?! This is insane! lol

I can't imagine what TNA possibly thinks they're going to do that's gonna even come remotely close to selling out even half of that place.

#1-norm-fan
11-30-2012, 01:24 AM
FFS, TNA couldn't sell out a house show in Tyler, TX in an "arena" that holds a little under 7,000.

That's not surprising considering WWE's house shows are getting about that many people.

Supreme Olajuwon
11-30-2012, 01:29 AM
I will say one thing: if they are planning on doing a HUGE show with their biggest crowd ever, it probably shouldn't be the one where all the matches are in a cage that makes it hard to see what's going on from far away.

Hope they do really well though and they're all like suck it haters.

And that's what'll probably happen...

Jordan
11-30-2012, 01:41 AM
So fucking stupid

Jordan
11-30-2012, 01:42 AM
If TNA got John Cena they couldn't sell 70,000 tickets, or even half that.

bigslimjj
11-30-2012, 01:49 AM
If their gonna do it they should do a two ring leathal lockdown match. They'll have plenty of damn room to do it in the alamo dome. What card would give TNA the best chance of having a good size packed house? I mean this is their biggest ppv of the year buyrate and attendence wise. Is there something feasable they can do to put butts in seats?

bigslimjj
11-30-2012, 02:00 AM
My card for Lockdown:

Hardy vs. Jarrett- TNA world title

Leathal lockdown 2 rings
AJ,Storm,Bully,Abyss,Aries vs. Aces and 8's

2 out of 3 falls-Fall 1 first blood,fall 2 submission,fall 3 last man standing
Bobby Roode vs. Kurt Angle

Ulimate X match for the X divison title
Zema Ion vs. RVD vs. Kenny King vs. Christian York

TNA World tag team championship
Kaz and Daniels vs. Chavo and Hernandez

TNA TV Championship
Samoa Joe vs. Mr. Anderson

TNA Knockout championship-Striptease match(loser strips in the cage)
Ms Tessmacher vs. Mickie James

Debut Match
King Mo vs. Robbie E

#1-norm-fan
11-30-2012, 02:04 AM
If their gonna do it they should do a two ring leathal lockdown match.

They should do a 67 ring Lethal Lockdown match. That should take up enough room in the building to where they can have a shot at selling it out.

Droford
11-30-2012, 02:06 AM
They'll probably have it set up like they do for basketball where it only seats 20,000..they still won't come close on selling that many tix either, but no way it will be set up for 70,000+

bigslimjj
11-30-2012, 02:08 AM
Well I just went to Survivor series in Indy and they only had 8500 in attendance with papering the event for 3 days prior...lol

Droford
11-30-2012, 02:14 AM
Wcw got 19,000 in 98 for nitro
Wwf got 60,000 for the rumble in 1997
http://royalrumbler.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/royal-rumble-1997-arena1.jpg?w=756&h=539

Lock Jaw
11-30-2012, 02:17 AM
They will build a super-cage with multi-layers that takes up 2/3 of the building. It will be like a Triple Cage match, only instead of climbing out vertically, you have to escape through the myriad layers horizontally.

Naturally, due to the many layers of chain link, the people who do show up won't be able to see jack all until the final layer.

Droford
11-30-2012, 02:26 AM
Clearly...Tna will steal hbk from wwe and have him wrestle hogan

Xero
11-30-2012, 03:41 AM
"We've barely tried arena shows and draw less than 10k in baseball stadiums. Let's try to fill up a fucking dome."

Even with freebies theyd be lucky to get 15k.

Though Ive heard they may actually be holding it in some theater at the dome? Does such a thing exist?

Xero
11-30-2012, 03:45 AM
Wcw got 19,000 in 98 for nitro
Wwf got 60,000 for the rumble in 1997
http://royalrumbler.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/royal-rumble-1997-arena1.jpg?w=756&h=539

TNA would have trouble filling that floor, let alone anything else.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Though Ive heard they may actually be holding it in some theater at the dome? Does such a thing exist?

Just went on Wiki.

There is a separate 33,000 seater arena as part of the complex.

Hanso Amore
11-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Just went on Wiki.

There is a separate 33,000 seater arena as part of the complex.

So set that up for wrestling and they are still looking at 20k. Would be their biggest show ever by far.

Tb1
11-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Good point, Rhiannon

Innovator
11-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Excellent follow up Krispy

#1-norm-fan
11-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Narc being a fucking smartass. :roll:

Shisen Kopf
11-30-2012, 03:41 PM
OCW and the Parsons awesomeness should have a supershow at the skydome. Although Canada may not let the grim sweeper in b/c he is too terrifying.

Innovator
11-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Strawman

VSG
11-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Got excited because I thought there was a rare VSG sighting in this thread.

Hey yo :'(

James Steele
11-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Fuck, this avatar swapping thing has me thrown for a loop.

Droford
11-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Tna is coming to my town in January for the road to lock down

Seems to me that road would be traveled on by a prison bus sitting next to some big black guy staring at me funny the whole time..

DLVH84
11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Clearly...Tna will steal hbk from wwe and have him wrestle hogan

I highly doubt that notion, as HBK seems very comfortable with retirement.

Jordan
11-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Hogan has TMZ worthy news so TNA would have to sink to low industry levels to create some kind of controversy, similar to when Fritz faked the heart attack, or when he used the death of David to break their attendance records. Actually this would be my booking.

Matt Morgan keeps on with Hogan, banging Brook or whatever he's doing... eventually becomes his slut and follows his every word. She breaks her Daddy's Heart. Meanwhile Matt Morgan tries to put himself in the position of physical confrontation with The Hulkster, trying to draw comparisons to himself and Andre...

Meanwhile we always have Roode/Storm/Hardy feuding for the title...

Eventually Morgan hurts Hogan, they sell it like it's real. While it happens in the ring, Bully makes Brooke stand by and watch, though it's the first time you can see hesitation in her relationship with Bully.

Jeff Hardy and James Storm eventually clear the ring of the bad guys.

Over time we get messages from Hogan who is recovering, working out, pumping up, taking vitamins, saying prayers etc... He's clearly coming for Bully and Morgan. Bully's relationship with Brooke turns verbally abusive, and perhaps even physically. Hogan declares to take his Daughter from Bully and break his neck.

Meanwhile Bobby Roode is working a title program with Storm/Hardy still.

Eventually it is announced for Lethal Lockdown that Hulk Hogan will captain a team into the cage consisting of Hogan/Hardy/Storm vs Morgan/Roode/Ray w/Brooke

Now this is a rough improvised outline of an angle, you can create the heat that I haven't to make this work for yourself... let's get to match time

Of course we all expect Hogan to enter last and clean house and make the match shitty but no... Hogan is the first member into the cage for the good guys, opposing Matt Morgan, who breaks the old man with ease. He bloodies him and maybe even hit's one bodyslam which kills Hogan. They sell it like Hogan is legit injured, as the strecher comes out to cart his carcass away, Roode enters as the 2nd member of team bad guys.

So we have a good five minutes to sell this injury and moment of Dixie crying and screaming, Hardy is yelling at her "WE GOT IT DIXIE, LET THE MATCH GO ON, WE GOT THIS" so Dixie announces the match will continue as 2-3.

Hogan is battered and leaves on a stretcher. Of course now Hardy is in to get dominated by TNA's biggest heels. Then Bully... They kind of kill Jeff Hardy, leaving Storm to fend for himself more or less... The match continues the faces eventually gain momentum, enough to keep the drama high. Eventually Bully wants Brooke to slide in a table "GET THE TABLES YOU FUCKING BITCH" of course they bleep it. As Bully is distracted and the heels work over the two baby faces...

FROM THE BACK ... IT'S HOGAN! He's shaking like a seizure victim! He's got blood all over him. THE FANS ARE FUCKING APESHIT CAUSE HOGAN IS IMMORTAL

Bully has set up the table by the time Hogan his the ring. Hogan goes into his jeans, POWDER IN THE EYES OF BOBBY ROODE! Then he KICKS MATT MORGAN IN THE BALLS, Hardy and Storm have captured Bully Ray and are holding him in a sort of crucifix for Hogan. Hulk goes into his boot.... THE CHAIN, he wraps it around his fist and then goes to work on Bully Ray busting him open hard way, over and over. The crowd is fucking nuts as James storm keeps Roode on ice with the super kick, and Hardy kills Morgan with a chair...

Hogan lays Bully on the table, Jeff goes up, big ass swanton from the top... 1..2..3

Babyfaces win and the PPV ends with Hogan embracing his daughter who has finally found the guts to ... come home.

James Steele
11-30-2012, 11:07 PM
I pity the fool who doesn't understand blatant sarcasm.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zRfInhWHnkc/R__-UXcbmjI/AAAAAAAAABU/0iugpr7KytA/s400/mr-t-sombrero1.jpg

Jordan
11-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Hogan has TMZ worthy news so TNA would have to sink to low industry levels to create some kind of controversy, similar to when Fritz faked the heart attack, or when he used the death of David to break their attendance records. Actually this would be my booking.

Matt Morgan keeps on with Hogan, banging Brook or whatever he's doing... eventually becomes his slut and follows his every word. She breaks her Daddy's Heart. Meanwhile Matt Morgan tries to put himself in the position of physical confrontation with The Hulkster, trying to draw comparisons to himself and Andre...

Meanwhile we always have Roode/Storm/Hardy feuding for the title...

Eventually Morgan hurts Hogan, they sell it like it's real. While it happens in the ring, Bully makes Brooke stand by and watch, though it's the first time you can see hesitation in her relationship with Bully.

Jeff Hardy and James Storm eventually clear the ring of the bad guys.

Over time we get messages from Hogan who is recovering, working out, pumping up, taking vitamins, saying prayers etc... He's clearly coming for Bully and Morgan. Bully's relationship with Brooke turns verbally abusive, and perhaps even physically. Hogan declares to take his Daughter from Bully and break his neck.

Meanwhile Bobby Roode is working a title program with Storm/Hardy still.

Eventually it is announced for Lethal Lockdown that Hulk Hogan will captain a team into the cage consisting of Hogan/Hardy/Storm vs Morgan/Roode/Ray w/Brooke

Now this is a rough improvised outline of an angle, you can create the heat that I haven't to make this work for yourself... let's get to match time

Of course we all expect Hogan to enter last and clean house and make the match shitty but no... Hogan is the first member into the cage for the good guys, opposing Matt Morgan, who breaks the old man with ease. He bloodies him and maybe even hit's one bodyslam which kills Hogan. They sell it like Hogan is legit injured, as the strecher comes out to cart his carcass away, Roode enters as the 2nd member of team bad guys.

So we have a good five minutes to sell this injury and moment of Dixie crying and screaming, Hardy is yelling at her "WE GOT IT DIXIE, LET THE MATCH GO ON, WE GOT THIS" so Dixie announces the match will continue as 2-3.

Hogan is battered and leaves on a stretcher. Of course now Hardy is in to get dominated by TNA's biggest heels. Then Bully... They kind of kill Jeff Hardy, leaving Storm to fend for himself more or less... The match continues the faces eventually gain momentum, enough to keep the drama high. Eventually Bully wants Brooke to slide in a table "GET THE TABLES YOU FUCKING BITCH" of course they bleep it. As Bully is distracted and the heels work over the two baby faces...

FROM THE BACK ... IT'S HOGAN! He's shaking like a seizure victim! He's got blood all over him. THE FANS ARE FUCKING APESHIT CAUSE HOGAN IS IMMORTAL

Bully has set up the table by the time Hogan his the ring. Hogan goes into his jeans, POWDER IN THE EYES OF BOBBY ROODE! Then he KICKS MATT MORGAN IN THE BALLS, Hardy and Storm have captured Bully Ray and are holding him in a sort of crucifix for Hogan. Hulk goes into his boot.... THE CHAIN, he wraps it around his fist and then goes to work on Bully Ray busting him open hard way, over and over. The crowd is fucking nuts as James storm keeps Roode on ice with the super kick, and Hardy kills Morgan with a chair...

Hogan lays Bully on the table, Jeff goes up, big ass swanton from the top... 1..2..3

Babyfaces win and the PPV ends with Hogan embracing his daughter who has finally found the guts to ... come home.

I hate being the end of a page...

ALSO

To fill the stadium...

I'd have use the Mexican TNA relations to set up the biggest possible drawing lucha match for the card.

I'd have a Jarrett return match (if he hasn't already I have no idea)

I'd probably book Joe vs Angle

And try to get a WWE star like John Morrison or whoever gets released before Lockdown that has star power.

James Steele
11-30-2012, 11:18 PM
I hate being the end of a page...

ALSO

To fill the stadium...

I'd have use the Mexican TNA relations to set up the biggest possible drawing lucha match for the card.

I'd have a Jarrett return match (if he hasn't already I have no idea)

I'd probably book Joe vs Angle

And try to get a WWE star like John Morrison or whoever gets released before Lockdown that has star power.

TNA has done all those things before and they still can't sell out a real arena (even a small one) in America.

#1-norm-fan
11-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Hulk Hogan vs Bubba the Love Sponge

Pintint
11-30-2012, 11:21 PM
I really wish TNA could suceed, I love their booking.

Jordan
11-30-2012, 11:24 PM
TNA has done all those things before and they still can't sell out a real arena (even a small one) in America.

But, if they had huge Lucha stars a lot of TexMexican's would probably fill up the audience in San Antonio.

#1-norm-fan
11-30-2012, 11:25 PM
I really wish TNA could suceed, I love their booking.

I feel like they're kinda between a rock and a hard place because for them to actually compete, WWE would need to go through another huge boom period to raise interest in wrestling enough to where people will seek out the alternatives as well just to get their fix. But if that happens, WWE would just be widening the gap anyway. Catch 22. Right now "wrestling" as a brand goes the way WWE goes and any other company has to just ride their coattails and try to leech off the scraps.

Jordan
11-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Obviously the arena wouldn't be set up for 70,000 but if they can pull in 20, which isn't entirely impossible, it would be HUGE for them.

Also though, they should be doing this show in England.

James Steele
11-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Honestly, TNA should be going balls out in the UK and Japan.

James Steele
11-30-2012, 11:30 PM
...and India.

The Condor
12-01-2012, 12:29 AM
I thought they were in India with Ring Ka King or whatever the hell it was called. Steiner was beating up Punjabs or something.

James Steele
12-01-2012, 12:58 AM
They should do the "TNA brand" over there instead of a different promotion. Same show with specialty acts for the Indian audience, but it should be branded as TNA.

The Condor
12-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Probably the best course of action for them. Be US based but cede the Lions share to WWE and expand to the under developed foreign markets. Makes too much sense for TNA; they'll botch the chance. But I'ld love to see it.

Kane Knight
12-01-2012, 03:17 AM
... This has to be fake. There's no way TNA is that fucking crazy.

If Slik is posting it, odds are it's false.

slik
12-06-2012, 01:46 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/154641_537957569566074_1005543416_n.jpg

James Steele
12-06-2012, 07:52 PM
This is why I can't stand TNA. Why the fuck is Hulk Hogan the focus of the poster? Obviously, he needs to be on it but FFS he will not wrestle on the card. He will probably have a 10 minute entrance/let the fans jack him off while he holds his hand to his ear thing he does before going on a rambling promo.

DLVH84
12-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I thought they were in India with Ring Ka King or whatever the hell it was called. Steiner was beating up Punjabs or something.

Yeah, and I also heard months ago that they're planning to expand by adding another promotion in South America.

James Steele
12-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Makes sense because there are a lot of people in South America.

Kane Knight
12-08-2012, 12:51 AM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/154641_537957569566074_1005543416_n.jpg

Holy shit. You finally stumbled on something accurate.

slik
12-11-2012, 11:37 AM
This is the seating chart for the show on Ticketmaster.

http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/dal/46582s_a.

James Steele
12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
That is fucking stupid. I imagine they had to pay a shitload of money to book the AlamoDome and they are only using 1/5th of it.

James Steele
12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
I'd be surprised if they even come close to selling that out.

Rollermacka
12-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Hmm, maybe that's where King Mo will step in and have his first match. I got it, King Mo vs Stephan Bonnar in a steel cage match, that will sell out the Alamodome :yes:

The special guest referee, the returning bad man...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eSuNF9fqnG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

James Steele
12-11-2012, 04:53 PM
A guy famous for getting his ass kicked in glorious fashion versus a fighter nobody has heard of. Oh yeah, that bitch will sell out like hot cakes.

slik
12-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Maybe it was really cheap...that's the only thing I can come up with.

kareru
12-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Maybe it was really cheap...that's the only thing I can come up with.

about $2000