PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston v. Wade Barrett

Anybody Thrilla
12-12-2012, 05:48 PM
In your opinion, who do you think has more to gain from the current Intercontinental title feud?

Wade Barrett came back from his injury on fire, going toe-to-toe with Sheamus on numerous occasions and even picking off Randy Orton, if memory serves correctly. He appeared to be on his way to a main title hunt.

Kofi Kingston went from floundering with not a ton of direction to a surprisingly good (albeit quick) feud with The Miz, resulting in the unleashing of his inner "wildcat" and the Intercontinental title.

In my mind, the feud seemed like a demotion for Wade Barrett, but he's been carrying himself nicely here. Personally, I'd like to see Barrett take the title, but it would almost be a shame for Kofi to lose all of his steam as soon as he got it.

Who do you think should go over here?

mike adamle
12-12-2012, 05:51 PM
I'd love to see Wade Barrett go over and do the same thing Antonio Cesaro is doing with the U.S. belt. Not the American Schtick, but just upping the prestige of his belt by having good ass matches with some of the higher names such as Sheamus. Not that Kofi can't do that, I'd just rather see Barrett do that. You normally see Kofi go after someone like Miz. You see Barrett go after people like Cena or Sheamus.

Anybody Thrilla
12-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm such a big Cesaro mark right now. R-Truth going over him would be a TERRIBLE mistake. I know the thread isn't about that, but I just felt I needed to mention it.

mike adamle
12-12-2012, 05:57 PM
A little bit off topic, but I'd love if they would just unify the WWE and World heavyweight championships and then have the IC and US championships compete for prestige. You don't need to have them be on separate brands. Let Barrett and Cesaro go out and show you what they can do and why their belt is better than the others. Hell even let them compete with Punk to show that their belts are on par with the unified WWE title. It'd make it easier and more believeable to have someone like Orton wanna challenge for that specific belt. Just a thought.

#1-norm-fan
12-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Barrett has more main event potential while Kofi is upper-midcard for life status. So I'd say give it to Barrett and see if he can use it to help him rise up the card.

Bad News Gertner
12-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Barrett is my favourite wrestler in the WWE. Really hope he wins.

Schlomey
12-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Barrett is my favourite wrestler in the WWE. Really hope he wins.

90% agree with this.

Rammsteinmad
12-12-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd rather see two mid-carders in a feud that lasts longer than two months.

Have them exchange the belt numerous times, rather than the old, cliched "Barrett wins, Kofi fails at his rematch, begin next rivalry".

If the matches are good, there's no reason why neither man can come out of this with a main event push on the horizon.

XCaliber
12-12-2012, 07:31 PM
To me this feels like a step back for the both of them but moreso for Barrett who has main event written all over him and losing to R-Truth cleanly on this past RAW was a step in the wrong direction for sure.

Graveler
12-12-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm root for Barrett. Really don't Kofi that much

Pintint
12-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm root for Barrett. Really don't Kofi that much

Racist.

Nicky Fives
12-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Barrett > Kingston and it's not even close.....never cared for Kofi and don't think I ever will, give Barrett the IC Title and pencil him in to the MITB winner spot next year.....have him say weeks in advance that he is going to cash in on Raw/Smakdown in England, then have him win......

Heyman
12-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Give the title to Barret and establish himself as a dominant champion.

Kofi has the tag division to fall back on.

Neither Barret nor Kofi will be getting a main-event push anytime soon.

Give the belt to Barret.

Emperor Smeat
12-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Barrett since it could easily be the starting point of a bigger push towards the WHC or maybe even the WWE title in the near future. Then again he could easily become like Cody who had the nice push as IC champ but it didn't progress into a main event or World title push.

Baring a drastic character change or new direction, Kofi seems to be unable to progress beyond IC/US champ level. He's good in the ring but his character seems to get bland fast even with all the small tweaks done to it.

Graveler
12-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Racist.

I'm black and Kofi sucks

#1-norm-fan
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
They should give upper-midcard heels title shots on PPV when a face like Cena is the champ. Just a one month feud or something leading to a PPV match to establish them as someone who can run with the big boys. Kinda like they did with R-Truth. Though the follow up was shit.

Mr. Nerfect
12-14-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm really hoping Wade Barrett wins the IC Title at TLC. I like Kofi, and his title win was a nice moment, but it's a case of "where now?" with him. With Barrett, I can think of some really cool directions to take him as IC Champion.

Have Barrett win the title cleanly, and then on RAW have him cut a promo about how he's going to use the IC Title as it was always intended -- as a stepping stone onto bigger and better things. Barrett announces that he will be in the Royal Rumble Match, and that he will be only the second man to take the IC Title into the main event of WrestleMania. Barrett doesn't win the Rumble, but he can certainly look impressive for a little bit.

Elimination Chamber sees Barrett vs. Kingston again, with Kofi getting a PPV rematch for the title. Barrett retains there, and then moves on to a fresh opponent for WrestleMania. In my perfect world, it would be him vs. Jack Swagger, who would win the US Title from Antonio Cesaro at Elimination Chamber. Put both titles on the line, not to unify them, but just to give one guy the bragging rights of holding both titles for a while. You could even have Edge, the man who once unified the IC and US Titles, to present the winner with their championships. Or he could even referee the match, or something. Might add to its "WrestleMania feel."

Curd
12-16-2012, 02:48 AM
The better backstage politician will win.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Kofi's win was nothing more than a HEY WATCH THIS NEW SHOW ON ION TELEVISION moment. Time for the Bull Hammer to end it. BOOM!