PDA

View Full Version : WWE Network

Savio
01-16-2013, 09:45 AM
If the WWE Network ever takes off would it be a good idea or bad idea if the picked up TNA impact with an exclusivity deal? Since they would basically be getting paid off their programming?

Xero
01-16-2013, 10:32 AM
WWE would need to have some sort of creative control to make sure TNA doesn't do stupid shit, try to degrade WWE, etc. TNA would bring in some viewers for some first-run wrestling content, but it would also create brand confusion. It would also conflict with the WWE's wellness policy with guys like Angle and Hogan there and be a media nightmare when TNA guys do stupid shit (like with Angle and Hogan there).

Honestly, even if the two sides played nice it doesn't really help anyone. If TNA were as popular as WCW (IE: equal to WWE), had a very good working relationship with WWE, had not been trying to usurp WWE and had similar/exactly the same production quality (because that's what WWE likes) it could work out I suppose.

Dragon Gate would be more likely to get this kind of spot. But even that won't happen, because the network having wrestling is only a vehicle to turn it into FX with WWE shows on it. WWE would probably rather get reruns of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and Matlock that draw literally five people than put someone else's product on there.

whiteyford
01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
I think TNA garners the majority of its fanbase because it's an alternative, it's got blood/swearing/Hogan and everything else we left behind with the 90s, I can't see them getting signed up without being heavily moderated and losing whatever appeal they have. I agree with Xero but think if they were going to sign another promotion it would be ROH, granted they've got the blood, but they've been mentioned by Punk etc and would be a feeder group like ECW anyway.

Cuse8
01-16-2013, 11:54 AM
id just stick with. "if the wwe next work ever takes off." period

Rammsteinmad
01-16-2013, 01:45 PM
I forgot all about the WWE Network.

Nicky Fives
01-16-2013, 01:58 PM
90% of the WWE audience probably doesn't even know what TNA is.....

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-16-2013, 04:20 PM
I pretty much doubt the Network will ever happen. Whatever I watch all the classic stuff on streams anyways.

Razzamajazz
01-17-2013, 02:43 AM
i wanna see the legends house

Kane Knight
01-18-2013, 12:01 AM
I think TNA garners the majority of its fanbase because it's an alternative, it's got blood/swearing/Hogan and everything else we left behind with the 90s, I can't see them getting signed up without being heavily moderated and losing whatever appeal they have. I agree with Xero but think if they were going to sign another promotion it would be ROH, granted they've got the blood, but they've been mentioned by Punk etc and would be a feeder group like ECW anyway.

I know TNA has an audience with adolescents who think they're hardcore and can't wait for their balls to drop, but I have trouble believing they're the mainstay.

So did everyone else.

Frank Drebin
01-18-2013, 02:27 AM
i wanna see the legends house

Half the cast will be dead before it airs.

Actually, who wants to bet that someone actually does die before it airs?

Frank Drebin
01-18-2013, 02:29 AM
COMING IN 2012

(Dubstep music)

Frank Drebin
01-18-2013, 02:31 AM

Horswaggle to be revealed as the President of the WWE Network on the next Raw.

Arrogance
01-26-2013, 12:12 AM
It would officially make TNA the minors. Oh wait.

Kane Knight
01-26-2013, 09:41 AM
It would officially make TNA the minors. Oh wait.

So it'd be a step up.

The Ripper
03-16-2013, 12:31 AM
First thing I am expecting is Vince will try to recreate Hulk Hogan's Rock 'N Wrestling cartoon but starring John Cena instead. "Cena's Rap'N Wrestling?" and will promote the shit out of it for the first 5 months...it will get decent ratings in the first season...by the second season hardly anyone will watch...Vince forces a 3rd season...and it's dies.

screech
03-16-2013, 12:36 AM
WWE would need to have some sort of creative control to make sure TNA doesn't do stupid shit, try to degrade WWE, etc. TNA would bring in some viewers for some first-run wrestling content, but it would also create brand confusion. It would also conflict with the WWE's wellness policy with guys like Angle and Hogan there and be a media nightmare when TNA guys do stupid shit (like with Angle and Hogan there).

Honestly, even if the two sides played nice it doesn't really help anyone. If TNA were as popular as WCW (IE: equal to WWE), had a very good working relationship with WWE, had not been trying to usurp WWE and had similar/exactly the same production quality (because that's what WWE likes) it could work out I suppose.

Dragon Gate would be more likely to get this kind of spot. But even that won't happen, because the network having wrestling is only a vehicle to turn it into FX with WWE shows on it. WWE would probably rather get reruns of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and Matlock that draw literally five people than put someone else's product on there.

Matlock ftw