PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the recient change in direction of TNA?

Rollermacka
01-21-2013, 12:41 AM
I finally got around to watching my Tivoed Impact and it was very interesting to put it nicely. It is kinda funny that it took Austin Aires saying who the champs are to kinda show that TNA has kinda took that step back that it usually does. Not too long ago, Zima Ion was X Division Champ, Robbie E was TV and the world title picture consisted of Austin Aries, James Storm, and Bobbie Roode. Now, besides Hernandez, every champion was eatablished in another company. On top of all that, Tazz has now entered into the Aces & Eights storyline. What do you think of all these recient changes to the direction of TNA?

Keith
01-21-2013, 12:55 AM
We're seeing shades of HHH/Stephanie/Mr. McMahon, with Bully Ray/Brooke/Hulk Hogan as characters.

That tells you all you need to know about TNA.

Mister King
01-21-2013, 06:15 AM
what is TNA?

mike adamle
01-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Well Austin Aries and Bobby Roode are still main event players. And now they're going for the tag titles apparently, I think they'll be successful. The X Division needed someone like RVD compared to Zema Ion. I don't mind Devon with the TV Title right now where he is with Aces and Eights, it gives them some power in TNA having a belt. And I don't see Jeff Hardy holding onto the TNA Title passed Lockdown, with whoever they have facing him. I could always be wrong though. I don't mind Taz being in Aces and Eights either, it was something I didn't see coming. Hopefully he stays at the announce table and gives us a side of Aces and Eights throughout matches.

Schlomey
01-21-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm not watching consistently enough to feel worthy of an opinion but I did watch their most recent PPV offering and I hated almost every segment and I found the matches and video packages fillling me in on the feuds to be just "meh".

mike adamle
01-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Really wish they would just bring Abyss back and fuck off with this Joseph Parks nonsense though.

erickman
01-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Really wish they would just bring Abyss back and fuck off with this Joseph Parks nonsense though.

i don't know i think abyss is doing his best stuff now

Nicky Fives
01-21-2013, 01:55 PM
still too much Hogan, too many over-the-top storylines and not enough wrestling.....

James Steele
01-21-2013, 02:23 PM
still too much Hogan, too many over-the-top storylines and not enough wrestling.....

Who the fuck thought Bubba Ray Dudley and Brooke Hogan dating each other would make a great main event storyline? They should be fired.

I also find GUT CHECK to be incredibly fucking dumb and the corny forced drama and everything is a waste of time.

Emperor Smeat
01-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Still too inconsistent either with their booking or long term plans which has been going on for years.

Aces & Eights started out interesting but its just been dragging on without really doing anything. Same for giving Hardy the title since it killed Aires momentum and TNA still has no clue if Hardy will even resign.

Schlomey
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
I also feel that our local cornfed federation puts on a better product and they have gyms and 50 fans.....I'm not against TNA just an honest opinion after viewing much of both products. That is sad but true.

Mister King
01-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Who the fuck thought Bubba Ray Dudley and Brooke Hogan dating each other would make a great main event storyline? They should be fired.

I also find GUT CHECK to be incredibly fucking dumb and the corny forced drama and everything is a waste of time.

sounds very WCW-esque

Heisenberg
01-21-2013, 03:09 PM
The Aces and Eights storyline has took a turn for the worse. I don't think Tazz brings anything to the table, and was not interesting enough to "interrupt" a "wrestling wedding".

If there was to be a TNA v.s. Aces & 8s Revenge Nintendo 64 game in this present day and age, I don't see myself wanting to change attires around for everyone to be in the Aces group. The nWo made me want to reenact scenarios like that on my console gaming experience, but this current conflict story has not grasped onto my feeling lobes.

Plus: my 5 year old son made a comment about the "guy" acting like Joker too much. Sting, that's from a 5 year old, gimmick is old and as much as I like his get up, I agreed.

Heisenberg
01-21-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm still a firm believer in Samoa Joe and AJ Styles, they should always be in the main event picture at TNA. They helped build it, so did Jeff Jarrett, but it is a wise move not having him on current rotation.

James Steele
01-21-2013, 03:21 PM
AJ - yes. Samoa Joe - no.

Samoa Joe is a shell of his former self and his gimmick has been stale as fuck forever now. What is so interesting about a fat guy running around breathing heavy and acting like a badass? Nothing.

DaveBrawl
01-21-2013, 04:17 PM
What is so interesting about a fat guy running around breathing heavy and acting like a badass? Nothing.
You leave Steven Seagal out of this.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-21-2013, 04:24 PM
When did they get a 3rd announcer? He sucks dick.

erickman
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
When did they get a 3rd announcer? He sucks dick.

yeah wish they had a 3rd man when nash or foley were there, but for the people here that said tenay was always better as the 3rd man got there wish. maby it will work now with taz the heel.

KyleEmmott
01-22-2013, 03:56 PM
The whole Ace's & 8's is getting out of hand in my opinion, just end it.

Heisenberg
01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
You can save Aces & 8's by bringing back the Festus gimmick. Then people would get behind it.

A whole faction of has been WWE employees that wear motorcycle gang attire and are confused about their gimmick purgatory.

James Steele
01-23-2013, 12:02 AM
The "payoff" of the leader of Aces & Eights better be good. FYI: Eric Bischoff isn't good.

Mongo Lloyd
01-23-2013, 03:19 AM
its hogan

Rammsteinmad
01-23-2013, 06:18 AM
I never understand how people want these big angles to end. NWO died out miserably in WCW. The Invasion died out miserably, although at least they did have a legit ending point. The Nexus died out miserably. Now Aces & 8's.

There is no way any angle like this will ever end in a satisfactory way for wrestling fans. Get used to it.

itsmeJD
01-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Sure, have Hogan be behind it all along, and give him another title run, right Ramm? :shifty:

Rammsteinmad
01-23-2013, 10:34 AM
I hope Hogan dies before this angle finishes.

Rollermacka
01-23-2013, 11:05 AM

Totally agree, "Bully" was a great heel, makes no sense in making him a face (besides him feuding with Devon) I do like Gut Check though. It's a way to introdce new guys in a way besides just having "he's comming" vignettes. As far as the champs go, I don't mind RVD or Devon as champs. Both guys still put on a good match and that's what really matters. I'm hoping Hernandez and Chavo drop the titles to Morgan and Joey soon, and I've made it abundantly clear I don't think Hardy should be anywhere near the world title picture.

Side note, what so you think about Daniels winning the world title from Hardy (besides the randomness of it?)

Rollermacka
01-23-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm still a firm believer in Samoa Joe and AJ Styles, they should always be in the main event picture at TNA. They helped build it, so did Jeff Jarrett, but it is a wise move not having him on current rotation.

AJ should always be featured in some main capacity in TNA, even if it isn't for the World Title and I'd even like Joe even of he wasn't Samoan :shifty: I see Joe as the "evolution" of the Stan Hansen style tough guy gimmick. Not a "gym rat" big man, just a no nonsense powerhouse there to hurt people. I like where he's at now, teaming with Angle and Garrett against Aces and Eights (him and Angle make Garrett tolerable for me)

Shisen Kopf
01-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Lol TNA