PDA

View Full Version : MITB

BigCrippyZ
01-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Since WWE is now supposedly considering having a Money in the Bank match @ WM this year, in addition to the annual PPV, I'm having a real problem with the Money in the Bank concept. What's the point of having another MITB winner? There's no storyline reason for it at this point.

There's no disputed number one contender, no vacant title, nothing. It's like they just want to put someone over so they're just gonna take the easy way out and have him win a one-off gimmick match, against other guys, who are arguably on the same level, only to maybe have him win the title in the future. To me, it's just lazy and cheap.

How about instead, they take the most over guy as a face who they see the most potential in and have him feud over a few months for the number contender spot. Put him against an equal or bigger heel and let them have a series of great promos and matches with close falls but the heel continually cheats his way to a win right as the face is close to winning.

Perhaps this feud can occasionally intersect, have matches or be involved in other feuds like the world title or lower title feuds as well. All of this leads to the face finally winning his title shot cleanly, perhaps in some kind of gimmick match to blow off the feud and on towards another solid feud with the champion.

In other words, instead of just having the next face they want to potentially win the world title get over by winning a random one off MITB gimmick match, while there's no apparent reason for it, build him up slowly with an actual #1 contender feud.

Schlomey
01-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Wish they would take a stab at being creative and create a new concept idea to get more guys on the card that doesn't involve a battle royal or a MITB.......

KaosDarksol
01-23-2013, 04:28 PM
MITB will be a good way to get 6-8 people on the card do not want to see ryback winning a MITB match though

drave
01-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Gotta go with Legit Schlomey (this marks the campaign for the name change!) on this one. They have soooooooooooooooo much under-utilized talent that will never get the chance simply because they are stuck on old talent, or the same pool of 6 wrestlers they have been for some time.

I know it has always been this way. You have always had your Hogans and your Barry Horowitzs (try saying that one 10 times in rapid succession) but to me they are at one of those critical points where new talent needs to be given more exposure and slowly developed over time. Maybe even two guys that no one knows about..... that way no one knows what to expect? SOMETHING! (now realize you feel silly for actually saying Horowitzs 10 times).

Rammsteinmad
01-23-2013, 05:53 PM
I like ladder matches, so I don't mind it. Maybe they could do a tag team title one again, similar to WM17.

James Diesel
01-23-2013, 06:02 PM
The only way I could see a WM MITB match working is if the briefcase won at WM can be used on any champion, whereas the MITB PPV briefcases can only be used on respective champions.

So not only do champions have 2 people to be concerned about, but the PPV briefcase winners have to be wary of the WM winner

Shadrick
01-23-2013, 06:23 PM
The only way I could see a WM MITB match working is if the briefcase won at WM can be used on any champion, whereas the MITB PPV briefcases can only be used on respective champions.

But this is how it is when a MITB match is at Mania, already. Remember Swagger? Faked the cash in on Cena then ACTUALLY cashed in on Jericho back in 2010.

KyleEmmott
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
What about this idea: 2 briefcases hang above the ring the winners that grab the briefcases can cash it in. Same MITB idea but with the tag team championships

Perry Saturn
01-23-2013, 08:10 PM
What about this idea: 2 briefcases hang above the ring the winners that grab the briefcases can cash it in. Same MITB idea but with the tag team championships

Or 1 briefcase and the winner can choose their partner.

drave
01-23-2013, 08:22 PM

So not only do champions have 2 people to be concerned about, but the PPV briefcase winners have to be wary of the WM winner

From the front a few days back:

By Ryan Clark on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 at 5:48 PM EST

Stephanie McMahon recently spoke to AdAge.com in a profile on her about why WWE has merged their brands and unofficially done away with the split. McMahon suggested it had to do with the advent of new ways to watch TV, particularly digital and social media.
“We are all telling the same stories,” she said. “And digital and social offer the ability to continue storylines 24/7 so our fans can consume the content anytime, anywhere on the device they prefer.”

I guess this means Dolph can use it on either champ as well.

Shadrick
01-23-2013, 11:03 PM
How did you interpret that?

Rammsteinmad
01-24-2013, 06:01 AM
Who cares about the follow-up story/logic behind the briefcase and it's winner? At the end of the day, this gets a handful of deserving yet lost-in-the-shuffle people on the Wrestlemania card, in a fun match which adds that "special" feeling to the event, and will produce a couple of memorable, holy-shit moments.

Joesgonnakillyou
01-24-2013, 06:15 AM
I don't have any problem around having months long feud around the no. 1 contendership. In fact I like it, but it doesn't need to replace MITB. It can happen as well.

MITB winners add an air of unpredictability and have created some great moments, in the matches and when they cash in. Plus all the stuff that Rammesteinmad said.

XL
01-24-2013, 09:10 AM
They could have Dolph somehow stripped of his briefcase (Vickie's doing, perhaps?) and put that on the line in a WrestleMania MITB.

Don't like the idea of another briefcase/MITB winner.

DrCrawford
01-24-2013, 11:03 AM
I miss king of the ring :(

Mr Amazing
01-26-2013, 12:19 AM
I miss king of the ring :(

i agree