PDA

View Full Version : TPWWs Ranking The Roster - 2013 Edition

Schlomey
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
After reading the current thread about whether the WWE should unify the World Heavyweight and WWE Titles and after reading all of the comments, it got me thinking. The WWE uses a 3-Tier System of sorts with it's enlarged roster.

Low Card or Enhancement Talent

Mid Card - Intercontinental/US Title contenders also used as Enhancement

Main Eventers - WHC/WWE Title contenders

IF the WWE do decide to unify the title, the lot of you think that it would displace many members of the roster. So, for fun, take the list of current and active (somewhat) superstars and place them where they belong in the 3-tier system.

Also, I"m going to throw in a twist. There are some main eventers that moonlight between the main event and the mid card. There are also some mid carders that moonlight on occasion in the upper card and main event. Identify the superstars and also, if you are up to it, do a quick write up on how and why they are used in the opposing tier.

Here is an example:

Tyson Kidd - Low Card Talent / Moonlights in the mid-card and can be used to great effect in tag team match-ups and ladder matches.

CURRENT AND ACTIVE WWE ROSTER:

CM Punk
Alberto Del Rio
Wade Barrett
Antonio Cesaro
Daniel Bryan
Kane
Alex Riley
Big E Langston
Big Show
Brodus Clay
Camacho
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Curt Hawkins
Damien Sandow
Darren Young
David Otunga
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntire
Epico
Evan Bourne
Ezekiel Jackson
Great Khali
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jack Swagger
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
Johnny Curtis
JTG
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
Mason Ryan
Michael McGillicutty
Miz
Primo
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Roman Reigns
Ryback
Santino Marella
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Ted DiBiase
Tensai
Titus O’Neil
Tyson Kidd
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

What I hope to prove is that if the WWE unify the 2 main titles that there is room in the WWE for all comers. Prove me right or prove me wrong.

Schlomey
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
CM Punk - Main Eventer
Alberto Del Rio - Main Eventer / Moonlights in Mid-Card to put over Champions
Wade Barrett - Mid Carder who SHOULD moonlight in the main event
Antonio Cesaro - Mid Carder and should stay there for a year
Daniel Bryan - Main Eventer / Moonlights in Mid-Card to help the tag team division and to work with young talen
Kane - See Daniel Bryan
Alex Riley - Low Card - Could be a mid carder if used right
Big E Langston - Unknown at this point
Big Show - Main Eventer who moonlights in mid-card when there is nothing for him to do
Brodus Clay - Mid Carder for life and for the kiddies
Camacho - Enhancement talent I see going nowhere further
Christian - Mid Card who moonlights in the main event
Cody Rhodes - Mid Card who SHOULD be main eventing next year
Curt Hawkins - Low Card
Damien Sandow - Mid Card for at least another year
Darren Young - Low Card who moonlights in the mid card to help tag team wrestling
David Otunga - Low card for life
Dean Ambrose - Unknown
Dolph Ziggler - Mid carder who moonlights in the main event and should be closer to full main event status by end of year
Drew McIntire - low card who should be mid card
Epico - low card
Evan Bourne - mid card who moonlights as enhancement talent
Ezekiel Jackson - see evan bourne
Great Khali - see evan bourne
Heath Slater - see drew mac
Hunico - see camacho
Jack Swagger - uknown until his return
Jimmy Uso - see PTP
Jey Uso - see PTP
Jinder Mahal - see drew mac
John Cena - Main Eventer for life
Johnny Curtis - Unknown
JTG - low card who will stay there until he is fired if that ever happens.
Justin Gabriel - mid card who moonlights as enhancement
Kofi Kingston - mid carder for life
Mark Henry - unkown until return
Mason Ryan - unknown until return
Michael McGillicutty - low card until he changes gimmicks
Miz - Mid Card who can main event once again if the stars align.
Primo - see epico
R-Truth - Mid carder for life
Randy Orton - Main eventer who moonlights in the mid card due to his 2 strike status and lack of confidence
Rey Mysterio - mid carder who moonlights in the main event but i assume will never reach main event level again due to status
Roman Reigns - unknown
Ryback - mid carder who main events
Santino Marella - mid carder who is also enhancement talent
Seth Rollins - uknown
Sheamus - main eventer
Sin Cara - mid carder for life
Ted DiBiase - low card who should be mid card
Tensai - went from mid card to enhancement. Assume that won't change
Titus O’Neil - see PTP
Tyson Kidd - See example
Yoshi Tatsu - Low card enhancement. don't see that changing
Zack Ryder - Mid card who moonlights in enhancement.

Mr. Pierre
01-24-2013, 01:34 PM
CM Punk- Main eventer
Alberto Del Rio - High mid-card
Wade Barrett - Mid-card
Antonio Cesaro - Mid-card
Daniel Bryan - High mid-card
Kane - Main eventer
Big Show - Main eventer
Brodus Clay - Low mid-card
Christian - Mid-card
Cody Rhodes - Mid-card
Damien Sandow - Mid-card
Darren Young - Low mid-card
David Otunga - Low mid-card
Dolph Ziggler - High mid-card
Drew McIntire - Low mid-card
Epico - Low mid-card
Great Khali - Low mid-card
Heath Slater - Low mid-card
Jimmy Uso - Low mid-card
Jey Uso - Low mid-card
Jinder Mahal - Low mid-card
John Cena - Main eventer
Justin Gabriel - Low mid-card
Kofi Kingston - Mid-card
Miz - High mid-card
Primo - Low mid-card
R-Truth - Mid-card
Randy Orton - Main eventer
Rey Mysterio - Main eventer
Ryback - High mid-card
Santino Marella - Mid-card
Sheamus - Main eventer
Sin Cara - Mid-card
Tensai - Low mid-card
Titus O’Neil - Low mid-card
Tyson Kidd - Low mid-card
Zack Ryder - Low mid-card

I took out some guys that haven't been on TV recently. It was tough to rank the Shield, since they are floating around main event talent, but obviously aren't "main event" material yet.

The only true main eventers IMO are Cena, Punk, Big Show, Orton, Sheamus, Rey, and Kane. I think these are the only guys on the roster that WWE can showcase on a promo and casual fans will go out of their way to check out the program. There are plenty of wrestlers that are close, like Ryback, Ziggler, and Bryan but not quite yet.

Schlomey
01-24-2013, 01:40 PM
The only true main eventers IMO are Cena, Punk, Big Show, Orton, Sheamus, Rey, and Kane. I think these are the only guys on the roster that WWE can showcase on a promo and casual fans will go out of their way to check out the program. There are plenty of wrestlers that are close, like Ryback, Ziggler, and Bryan but not quite yet.

So the question is, with this short list is it an awful idea to eliminate one main title to create more of a buzz around the other?

Does doing so create less opportunities for those who want to move up?

My personal opinion is no. It does force the writers to be more creative. It also forces the mid-card talent to not wait for a push but to earn one in the ring by getting reaction from the crowd. To be in the main event does NOT mean you have to have a title. Look at The Shield. They are fresh to the WWE and thanks to creative writing and their skills they are earning their spot.

I feel that having 1 title will NOT create less opportunities but will make everyone, including the writers, work harder to create compelling stories and tell them in the middle of the ring.

But this is obviously based on only 1 mans post. I'm interested to see/read more opinions and rankings.......

Ruien
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
May I use high card for people who are like people put in the main event every so often? Get the title for a month or so before dropping it.

Ruien
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Or jobber to the stars status.

Schlomey
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Do this however you want as long as you can explain your reasons...

Ruien
01-24-2013, 01:55 PM
CM Punk - High/Main Eventer
Alberto Del Rio - High Card
Wade Barrett - Mid Card
Antonio Cesaro - Mid/Lower Card
Daniel Bryan -Mid/High Card
Kane - Mid Card
Alex Riley - Low Card
Big E Langston - Low card
Big Show - High Card
Brodus Clay - Low Card
Camacho - No card
Christian - Mid/High
Cody Rhodes - Mid/High
Curt Hawkins - Low
Damien Sandow - Mid
Darren Young - Whereever Titus takes him
David Otunga - Low
Dean Ambrose - Low/Mid
Dolph Ziggler - High
Drew McIntire - Low
Epico - Mid (Tag team middle)
Evan Bourne - Isn't he fired?
Ezekiel Jackson - Low
Great Khali - No card
Heath Slater - Low
Hunico - Low
Jack Swagger - High
Jimmy Uso - Mid (Tag team middle)
Jey Uso - Mid (Tag team middle)
Jinder Mahal - Low
John Cena - The Main Eventer
Johnny Curtis - Low
JTG - Low
Justin Gabriel - Low
Kofi Kingston - Mid/High
Mark Henry - High
Mason Ryan - Depends on who he is a enforcer for
Michael McGillicutty - Low
Miz - High
Primo - Mid (Tag team middle)
R-Truth - Mid
Randy Orton - Main Eventer
Rey Mysterio - Main Eventer
Roman Reigns - Low
Ryback - Main Eventer
Santino Marella - Low
Seth Rollins - Low
Sheamus - Main Eventer
Sin Cara - Mid
Ted DiBiase - Mid
Tensai - Low
Titus O’Neil - Mid (Tag team middle)
Tyson Kidd - Low
Yoshi Tatsu - Low
Zack Ryder - Low

Heisenberg
01-24-2013, 05:05 PM
CURRENT AND ACTIVE WWE ROSTER:

CM Punk-Main Eventer / The WWE Champion that seems to perform at odd times that are not in the main event slot.

Alberto Del Rio- Main Eventer / The WHC that is the new Rey Mysterio. The Mexican JBL that is more entertaining than Mysterio will ever be.

Wade Barrett-Mid Carder / Had strong programs with top superstars and then was injured and slowly being snuck back onto the Main Event scene where he belongs

Antonio Cesaro- Mid Carder / Jobs to the Miz and fails to generate any heat as a heel. Will not make it as far as people pump him up to be.

Daniel Bryan- Mid Carder / Was the WHC at Wrestlemania, but has been relegated to his comedy schtick w/ Kane that has created some good moments. Deserving of whatever success he obtains in the future.

Kane- Mid Carder / Can be put into a Main Event match at a moment's notice. He's earned that respect.

Alex Riley- Low Card / Came out strong straight out of NXT. Was turned face and had a good reaction or two with the crowd. Due for a return and continuation with his career. Worthy of being a solid Mid Carder with a similar Dolph Ziggler Timeline build.

Big E Langston- Low Card / Based off his time in NXT. In the RAW picture, he's a bodyguard to a contender, with the possibility of breaking out on his own right into the Mid Card scene and will probably have a Heel Ryback run of destroying enhancement talent.

Big Show- Main Eventer... / Was used to put heels over as a face. His recent run with the title suggests that he is a one trick pony and cannot generate the heat desired because of his goofy past with folks. He's had a good run at the top, but they could utilize this time to go and find a person of his size and put them in a program together. I don't plan this piss, just my opinion.

Brodus Clay- Mid Carder / Has been used as enhancement on occasion with his ability to make the fans hate the heels more. Would be better if he was a heel and just destroyed people.

Camacho- Low Carder / Sin Cara's mask designer I think. Has a lot of....chance to be cut this year?

Christian- Main Eventer / Motherfucker has done his time in the Tag Team Division and had a run with the WHC. I don't argue once when he is in the main picture. Great at everything he does.

Cody Rhodes- Mid Carder / Is worthy of running with the big dogs. Tons of potential. Smart individual, has a great family that has prepared him for his run in the sun. His bag gimmick was priceless.

Curt Hawkins- Low Carder / One of the feeding victims of The Ryback. Pretty sure he's over with his co-workers, don't see him progressing on TV anytime soon.

Damien Sandow- Mid Carder / On the verge of breaking through the scene right into a spot on the top. I can only hope that Team Rhodes Scholars stays together for a good amount of time, and we get a feud out of the two for a long while as Sandow and Rhodes are good at getting reactions from the crowd in the ring and on the mic.

Darren Young- Mid Carder / Dubbed the Black John Cena by some, D Young has been placed with Titus O'Neill in a tag team that has some steam. I can't see him as a Main Eventer right now, so the nickname doesn't strike to me.

David Otunga- Low Carder / Has enjoyed tremendous opportunities and is a fart joke with a coffee cup until he can break through and make people give a damn about him.

Dean Ambrose- Mid Carder / Used to beat on Main Eventers and such. Could be a future main eventer if he plays his cards right.

Dolph Ziggler- Main Eventer / Great performer, mic work is a little off, but he's overdue for a legit title run. Reminds me of Mr. Perfect/Mr. Ass/Rick Martel.

Drew McIntire- Low Carder / Doesn't impress me that much, reminds me of Test. He's just there. Pairing him with Heath Slater will do him some good.

Epico- Low Carder / Better than Sin Cara. Relative of Carlito, and hopefully will remain with the company after Wrestlemania.

Evan Bourne- Mid Carder / Kids love him, his mom loves him. Hell, Billy Kidman loves him. This high flying mofo needs to turn heel and start a program with Kofi Kingston and kick off shows with high flying bullshit that will amp the crowd up.

Ezekiel Jackson- Low Carder / Modern day Ahmed Johnson. Big dude that deserves a spot over The Not So Fuckin' Great Khali.

Great Khali- Low Carder / Can't work a match or mic to save his life. Somehow found his way into a WHC run at one time. Just there for demographic purposes. Iron Sheik would humble this jabroni.

Heath Slater-Mid Carder / This is not insulting, but he's the modern day Jeff Jarrett(WWF Intercontinental mid-90s version), with an actual chance of being great. Seems to love what he does and he does it well. My little brother comes over to watch RAW with me, and gets pissed when I pump up Heath Slater. He has earned his spot on the roster in my book.

Hunico- Low Carder / Would be today's version of Essa Rios if paired with a Diva. I don't watch Sunday Night Heat anymore.

Jack Swagger- Mid Carder / Barring his run with the WHC, we haven't seen much progress in the Swagger Saga. His exit from the storylines has me wondering what is in store for the big fella from Oklahoma.

Jimmy Uso- Low Carder / Spawn of Rikishi.

Jey Uso- Low Carder / Jimmy Uso's brother. Thinks he can be like his father.

Jinder Mahal- Low Carder / If this guy was a heater, he would be the one that you keep in the shed, because he doesn't generate shit. This person has been placed in 3MB purely out of luck, and I'm sorry to the 3MB diehards on the forum, but this is just my opinion.

John Cena- Main Eventer / Title runs, hated or loved, this guy generates responses and has changed the way we look at the fine line of being a "good guy". I have never seen a face so booed in my life. As a person, he is a great person. I've had the pleasure of seeing him perform overseas back in 2003 at the first Tribute to the Troops and then come eat with us at the DFAC(cafeteria) post show. Class act. His gimmick would benefit from a tweak or two to help ease back into everyone's good side, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Johnny Curtis- Low Carder / NXT bred and has yet to matter much to garner any attention from me.

JTG- Low Carder / Fallen from grace here, he has been reduced to jobber status indefinitely and could face a cut after Wrestlemania.

Justin Gabriel- Low Carder / I don't follow this guy much, but it seems that he could be tossed into a program or two with some other high flyer until his tag partner Tyson Kidd gets back. Enjoyed success being part of the Nexus, and was Mid Carding for a bit I suppose.

Kofi Kingston- Mid Carder / Contempt and athletic as hell, he's Shelton Benjamin with braids and some charisma. I think a heel run would be hiliarious to see, possibly mixed into the Main Event picture on the WHC side of things.

Mark Henry- Main Eventer / Enjoyed Mid Card status for the bulk of his career, would suited him well, this guy also held the WHC at one time and is not believable as a heel after helping Mae Young produce a hand from her snatch.

Mason Ryan- Low Carder / Jinder Mahal heat status, but could be brought out of the shed to be worked on. Do not really believe he'll last in the WWE long.

Michael McGillicutty- Low Carder / This guy should be able to run with the Mid Carders hopefully in the future. It would be like shitting on Mr. Perfect's grave if they didn't get behind this kid and push him to the moon. They need to cut the bullshit and repackage him as Mr. Perfect Jr. and just watch the money pile up.

Miz- Mid Carder / Has seen Main Event Status in the past years, but his face turn will take some time to get used to and hopefully he can get into a story that is worth giving a shit about.

Primo- Low Carder / Relative of Carlito, talks about how he is related to Carlito backstage and hopefully that doesn't annoy people to the point where they release him.

R-Truth- Mid Carder / A class comedy act. Dude can still go at his age, and because of his age, is going to stay right where he is, the Mid Card.

Randy Orton- Main Eventer / Randy Orton is on thin ice backstage with all his strikes against the Wellness Policy. I don't believe he is stupid enough to throw all his progress away by violating that again. I don't see him leaving the top of the picture unless he strikes out.

Rey Mysterio- Mid Carder / I was a big fan of WCW Rey Mysterio, WWE Rey Mysterio just angers me to the point to where I celebrate episodes that he is not on. Tired of his 619 move. No one would be that goddamn stupid to trip into the ropes and get kicked in the face by a guy way shorter than them.

Roman Reigns- Mid Carder / Good presence as a pitbull of the Shield. Very convincing in his actions, gets to the point on his mic work. I'll support his run in whatever he is put in.

Ryback- Main Eventer / Enjoyed Skip Sheffield on NXT, the Nexus, and now as Ryback. I don't buy the Goldberg comparison and chants, shit is getting old. I know Vince likes to push big dudes, and this guy is running with his gimmick, and like Heath Slater, seems to enjoy his place on the roster.

Santino Marella- Mid Carder / He fits into the mold of Low Carder, but has held the IC/US titles. He is there to make people laugh and seems to be stuck in that mold for a long time.

Seth Rollins- Mid Carder / Like his Shield mates, we have yet to see how they play out in the main wheel of things. Performing his current duties to a T, and doesn't look to be released anytime soon.

Sheamus- Main Eventer / Was better off as a heel. I did catch myself enjoying some matches he had with Big Show. This guy is a mainstay until he either drinks himself to death or gets stab in a bar room brawl. Both of those scenarios are quite unlikely to happen, so expect more of him.

Sin Cara- Low Carder / I don't buy into his bullshit. ADR will be better suited as the top Mexican guy in the company and I'm glad they went that route. Heel Cara might salvage anything he has left to offer.

Ted DiBiase- Low Carder / Unless they package him with a run like his father, he'll remain on the bottom of the food chain. Could return to Mid Carder status in the future if he discovers a spark.

Tensai- Mid Carder / Reduced to jobber, Prince Albert wishes he was back in Japan. Although, he could be like R-Truth, and just be thankful he's back with the best company in the business.

Titus O’Neil- Mid Carder / Titus is gaining underground steam with the little things he does, and with his wrestling style possibly improving, he could be in for a future WHC run for a month or so.

Tyson Kidd- Low Carder / Gained steam around the Money In The Bank PPV last year and is on the shelf. Great performer, does Natalya in the butt sometimes.

Yoshi Tatsu- Low Carder / Doesn't hold a fuckin' stick to Funaki in terms of his role. Steve Blackman would destroy his candyass with Kendo sticks.

Zack Ryder- Low Carder / His future is in the clouds, I don't know what to think of his run. Seems to have pissed someone important off backstage. Doesn't deserve his current status of jobber at all.

Shisen Kopf
01-24-2013, 05:06 PM
You should post their workrate too so we can rate them properly.

Nicky Fives
01-24-2013, 07:09 PM
CM Punk - Main Eventer
Alberto Del Rio - Main Eventer
Wade Barrett - Midcarder that is being groomed for main event
Antonio Cesaro - Midcarder that is being groomed for main event
Daniel Bryan - Midcarder that moonlights to main event
Kane - Midcarder
Alex Riley - Low card
Big E Langston - Low card that is being groomed for main event
Big Show - Midcarder that moonlights to main event
Brodus Clay - Midcarder
Camacho - Low card
Christian - Midcarder that moonlights to main event
Cody Rhodes - Midcarder that moonlights to main event
Curt Hawkins - Low card
Damien Sandow - Midcarder that is being groomed for main event
Darren Young - Low card
David Otunga - Low card
Dean Ambrose - Midcarder
Dolph Ziggler - Main eventer that moonlights to midcard
Drew McIntire - Midcarder
Epico - Low card
Evan Bourne - Low card that midlights to midcard for highspot matches
Ezekiel Jackson - Low card
Great Khali - Low card
Heath Slater - Midcarder
Hunico - Low card
Jack Swagger - Midcarder
Jimmy Uso - low card
Jey Uso - low card
Jinder Mahal - low card
John Cena - main eventer
Johnny Curtis - low card
JTG - low card
Justin Gabriel - midcarder that moonlights to low card to get decent matches from heels
Kofi Kingston - midcarder
Mark Henry - midcarder that moonlights to the main event
Mason Ryan - low card
Michael McGillicutty - low card
Miz - midcard that moonlights to main event
Primo - low card
R-Truth - midcard that moonlights to low card to get reaction from heels
Randy Orton - main eventer
Rey Mysterio - main eventer that moonlights to midcard
Roman Reigns - low card that is being groomed for the midcard
Ryback - Midcarder that is being groomed for main event
Santino Marella - low card
Seth Rollins - midcarder
Sheamus - main eventer
Sin Cara - midcarder
Ted DiBiase - midcarder
Tensai - low card
Titus O’Neil - low card
Tyson Kidd - midcarder that moonlights to low card to get decent matches from others
Yoshi Tatsu - low card
Zack Ryder - midcard that moonlights to low card to draw a reaction

KyleEmmott
01-24-2013, 07:10 PM
CM Punk- Main Eventer/ Solidified himself as one of the greats to wrestle in this company already
Alberto Del Rio-High Mid Card/ He wasn't over as a heel, We'll see about face
Wade Barrett- High Mid Card/ He's got the IC & I think he's bringing some importance to the belt
Antonio Cesaro-Mid Card/ He'll be a main eventer at year's end
Daniel Bryan-Main Eventer/ He goes back and forth, but I expect a big year from him
Kane-High Mid Card/ Would love to see more championship run from him
Alex Riley-Low Card/ Just a matter of time til he's gone
Big E Langston- Unknown/ I don't like him personally, too generic.
Big Show-Main Eventer/ He's finishing off his career with some of his best years
Brodus Clay-Mid Card/ He needs to lose the dancing gimmick, it's the one thing holding him back
Camacho- Low Card/ Does he ever wrestle?
Christian- High Mid Card/ Main Eventer; Hard to say since injured
Cody Rhodes-Mid Card/ Bright Future
Curt Hawkins- Low card/ As much as it pains me to say it
Damien Sandow- Mid Card/ Bright Future
Darren Young- Low Mid Card/ He just doesn't make it for me, replace him with JTG
David Otunga- Low Card/ Does he serve a purpose or did he just marry the right woman?
Dean Ambrose- Hard to say/ Can't wait for his singles career
Dolph Ziggler- Main Eventer
Drew McIntyre- Low Card/ I don't like him in 3MB
Epico- Low Card
Evan Bourne- Mid Card/ Hard to say since injured as well
Ezekiel Jackson- Low Card
Great Khali- Mid Card
Heath Slater- Mid Card/ I like his gimmick just needs new people in 3MB
Hunico-Low Card
Jack Swagger- Mid Card/ Can't wait to see what they repackaged him as
Jimmy Uso- Low Card
Jey Uso- Low Card
Jinder Mahal- Low Card/ Looks ridiculous in 3MB, in no way should he have that gimmick
John Cena- Main Eventer
Johnny Curtis- Low Carder/ Is there anything lower?
JTG-Low Card
Justin Gabriel- Low Card to Low Mid Card?
Kofi Kingston- High Mid Card/ Bright Future
Mark Henry- High Mid Card to Main Eventer
Mason Ryan- Low Card
Michael McGillicutty-Low Card
Miz- Mid Card/
Primo- Low Card
R-Truth- Mid Card
Randy Orton- Main Eventer/ Currently more a High Mid Card, "Currently"
Rey Mysterio- Mid Card/ He'll retire real soon, my prediction at the end of the year if not sooner
Roman Reigns- Hard to say
Ryback- Main Eventer
Santino Marella- Mid Card
Seth Rollins- Hard to say
Sheamus- Main Eventer
Sin Cara- Mid Card
Ted DiBiase- Low Card
Tensai- Mid Card
Titus O’Neil- Mid Card
Tyson Kidd-Low Card
Yoshi Tatsu- Low Card
Zack Ryder- Mid Card/ He had a promising future then WWE dropped the ball it seems. Might need a heel turn

Mr. Pierre
01-24-2013, 07:52 PM
So the question is, with this short list is it an awful idea to eliminate one main title to create more of a buzz around the other?

I feel that if the WHC is written properly and on an equal level to the WWE Championship, then it works very well with developing main eventers. This idea worked for a while, but now it is so obvious that the WHC is way below the WWE Championship.

The "two champions" idea peaked in around 2008 when Orton, Cena, and HHH were battling over the WWE Championship, and Taker and Edge were going for the WHC at the same time. They were high profile feuds that made the belts mean something. Now, the writing team just slaps the WHC on someone because they realize that they can afford to make a mistake by giving the belt to someone that isn't ready, since it isn't their "top belt." This mindset really crushed the credibility of the WHC.

Guys like Swagger, Punk (his first run), Bryan, and now Del Rio were no where near ready for a Championship run, but they figured "fuck it, we have the WWE Championship to draw money," and so they did it anyway. If they properly built all of those wrestlers first, and then put the title on them, they would have been main eventers, instead of floundering back down the card after losing the WHC.

More main eventers would be set and ready if they treated both belts the same, instead of treating the WHC as the "experiment" title to see if the guy is worth it.

Emperor Smeat
01-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Ziggler was the only "new" guy that I think will be made as an actual main eventer this year. A bunch of others in the mid card either swap around too much to be legit long term main evneters or are being groomed for the future.

CM Punk - Main Eventer
Alberto Del Rio - Main Eventer
Big Show - Main Eventer / Moonlights to Mid Card as talent enhancement
Dolph Ziggler - Main Eventer
John Cena - Main Eventer
Randy Orton - Main Eventer / Moonlights to Mid Card as talent enhancement
Sheamus - Main Eventer

Wade Barrett - Mid Card / Moonlights to Main Eventer as future top heel
Antonio Cesaro - Mid Card / Moonlights to Main Eventer as future top heel
Daniel Bryan - Mid Card / Moonlights to Main Eventer when WWE wants a great wrestling match done
Kane - Mid Card /Moonlights as talent enhancement for Mid Card
Christian - Mid Card / Moonlights as talent enhancement for Low and Mid Card
Cody Rhodes - Mid Card
Damien Sandow - Mid Card
Dean Ambrose - Mid Card
Kofi Kingston - Mid Card / Moonlights as Main Eventer quality for special spots
Mark Henry - Mid Card / Moonlights to Main Eventer when WWE needs a "tough" guy
Miz - Mid Card
Rey Mysterio - Mid Card
Ryback - Mid Card / Moonlights to Main Eventer
Santino Marella - Mid Card / Moonlights to Main Eventer for special moments
Seth Rollins - Mid Card
Sin Cara - Mid Card / Moonlights as talent enhancement for Main Eventers
Zack Ryder - Mid Card / Moonlights as talent enhancement for Mid and Main

Brodus Clay - Low Card
Camacho - Low Card
Alex Riley - Low Card
Big E Langston - Low Card / Moonlights to Mid Card
Curt Hawkins - Low Card
Darren Young - Low Card
David Otunga - Low Card
Drew McIntire - Low Card
Epico - Low Card
Evan Bourne - Low Card / Moonlights to Future Endeavored
Ezekiel Jackson - Low Card
Great Khali - Low Card
Heath Slater - Low Card / Moonlights to Mid Card
Hunico - Low Card
Jack Swagger - Low Card
Jimmy Uso - Low Card
Jey Uso - Low Card
Jinder Mahal - Low Card
Johnny Curtis - Low Card
JTG - Low Card
Justin Gabriel - Low Card / Moonlights to Mid Card
Mason Ryan - Low Card
Michael McGillicutty - Low Card
Primo - Low Card
R-Truth - Low Card / Moonlights to Mid Card as talent enhancement
Roman Reigns - Low Card
Ted DiBiase - Low Card
Tensai - Low Card / Moonlights as talent enhancement for Mid Card
Titus O’Neil - Low Card
Tyson Kidd - Low Card / Moonlights to Mid Card to show off some skilled wrestling
Yoshi Tatsu - Low Card

Bad News Gertner
01-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Cm punk: mid carder/ JTTS

crusnik
01-26-2013, 09:58 AM

My personal opinion is no. It does force the writers to be more creative. It also forces the mid-card talent to not wait for a push but to earn one in the ring by getting reaction from the crowd. To be in the main event does NOT mean you have to have a title. Look at The Shield. They are fresh to the WWE and thanks to creative writing and their skills they are earning their spot.

I feel that having 1 title will NOT create less opportunities but will make everyone, including the writers, work harder to create compelling stories and tell them in the middle of the ring.

But this is obviously based on only 1 mans post. I'm interested to see/read more opinions and rankings.......

:y:yup I think the same thing,it's time to unify the belts and have one champ.

crusnik
01-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Might be a good idea to shut down the mid week show.Raw is 3 hours now and you might still need smackdown to showcase other talent.However, that too could go as well considering if they unify the titles (they should only have the WWE title The Intercontinental title and Tag Team titles only anyway)Too much confusion with anymore than that imo.

Bad News Gertner
01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Just shut up fag