PDA

View Full Version : Big Show

Jordan
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't know if I can exactly remember how long this has been going on, but is it just me or is Big Show doing the best work of his career right now?

Everything about him has improved so damn much, from his physical demeanor/body language of being a big bad bastard, to his mic work, to his ever so scrutinized in ring work.

When Del Rio and Show started their World Title program I rolled my eyes, it was forced and uninteresting. However, they have totally made it work. You have to give a lot of credit to Ricardo for being the third man in the story, but Big Show has developed into a huge star for WWE and is more believable than ever.

So talk about Big Show, some of your favorite and least favorite moments, matches or programs. And where do you see this story with Del Rio going?

I feel Elimination Chamber is going to be an obvious rematch for the World Title with Show and Del Rio, WWE Title rematch with Punk/Rock, and Cena/Sheamus/Ryback vs Sheild in the Chamber... but where do you see Big Show at Wrestlemania?

The idea a month ago seemed to be a showdown with Ryback, but now with Jericho in the mix The Observer reported that Ryback may face against a heel Jericho at WM 29. Leaving Big Show out.

NormanSmiley
01-29-2013, 01:41 PM
the only thing for me with big show is they have flip flopped him so many times you never want to invest any time in what he si doing becasue next week he could be flopped again.

Show should always just take a break from jan to april so he isnt left being a joke or whipping boy at mania for sumo wrestlers or floyd jr or whowever they have him lay down for

mike adamle
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Was thinking about how I've never enjoyed Big Show more than the last few months during his match with Del Rio at the Rumble. Ever since his alliance with Laurunitis I've enjoyed Show where as I used to dread him.

mike adamle
01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
the only thing for me with big show is they have flip flopped him so many times you never want to invest any time in what he si doing becasue next week he could be flopped again.

Show should always just take a break from jan to april so he isnt left being a joke or whipping boy at mania for sumo wrestlers or floyd jr or whowever they have him lay down for

Yeah and miss out on a big payday. Moron.

Jordan
01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Big Show was sooo devastating on Raw, reminded me of his ECW days.

JimmyMess
01-29-2013, 02:27 PM
I always liked Big Show

Graveler
01-29-2013, 02:32 PM
You guys are so late to the party with this Big Show love.

JKWJRMON
01-29-2013, 03:13 PM
To be honest, I'm kind of tired of the Big Show. Last night I was really hoping that after Show knocked out Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler was going to come out with some sissors, cut ADR loose, cash in his MITB and win the title.

The Condor
01-29-2013, 05:27 PM
His best work was with Bossman. Never more enjoyable.

XL
01-29-2013, 05:38 PM
the only thing for me with big show is they have flip flopped him so many times you never want to invest any time in what he si doing becasue next week he could be flopped

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on Show.

#1-norm-fan
01-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Show has always been good in whatever role they put him in. Whether it's the monster bully he is now or the comedy/fun loving babyface. He's golden.

It just so happens now that he's being booked in awesome feuds to go along with it.

Theo Dious
01-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Show has always been good in his roles but his ring work has often been unwatchable. Honestly before his most recent run the last time I really enjoyed him was between winning the WWE title from Lesnar through his Wrestlemania match with the Undertaker. I hope they end up putting him with Ryback for Wrestlemania.

Theo Dious
01-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Also, the look on Show's face when he lost the tables match to Cody was one of the best moments of 2012.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Still love his WWF debut, one of the best debuts of anyone. Looked like an absolute monster. Seeing guys jump ship from WCW to WWF or vice versa is probably the biggest thing I miss about the attitude era, there's just no way of anything like that happening now outside of maybe Sting or Kurt Angle appearing, but even then it'd be spoiled to death by the internet anyway.

Emperor Smeat
01-29-2013, 08:52 PM
He's in a similar situation to Mark Henry in that his best heel stuff is when he's portrayed as a serious and pissed off big man/monster which helps him look a lot more threatening than usual. Its been developing ever since he claimed to have an "iron clad" contract since he's been getting more arrogant and serious while Del Rio fits perfectly as someone he can torment when he ends up being humiliated.

Before that most of his heel work was him acting as the current big man/monster for a feud or whenever the WWE wanted to make someone else's move look a lot better (ex. AA, White Noise, etc).

His comedic stuff has been his best work as a face.

drave
01-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I always thought "man, dude is so huge he should just knock people out". Loved the change since he has just punched people in the face. Now if only they were "allowed" to bring back the Big Nasty Bastard shirt :D

Rock Bottom
01-29-2013, 09:21 PM

this is probably the most spot on post ive ever seen. i second all of this.

Rock Bottom
01-29-2013, 09:30 PM
I think the Big Show is a little too slow in the ring to be having matches with many of these guys.

It isn't that he's not athletic, he's just fucking huge, and it's probably impossible to possess any real agility at that size. He definitely works hard at what he does, and I'm thinking they're working this guy a little too hard. Other than dynamic situations (the "underdog" thing) and handicap matches, the Big Show shouldn't be in there with anything but a good hoss like Kane, The Undertaker, or maybe a guy like Ryback.

He definitely has everything it takes to be good, but under better circumstances, he could be greater. I'd like to see Ryback and Big Show lock up in a natural feud. Even though Show has been pushed and de-pushed to oblivion, you'll never have a hard time taking him seriously as a potential winner. Put them in handicap matches and give them more lower card opponents like Tensai for the oglibatory squash (sorry, Albert). If you don't have more, get some.

They skipped right over Paul Wight, for whatever reason, many times. It could be that he's older now, and that when he was in his prime, the star power was just too thick to stand out for long. If he's anywhere near retirement, which you have to expect he is (or, at least considering an exit strategy), let him go out on top with a bang. CM Punk just played heel for a year straight, let Big Show get in there for a bit and get him in there with Brock Lesnar, Kane, Ryback, or even The Rock.

Does anyone remember Show and Lesnar's ring-collapsing suplex? Was pretty good. Anyone remember much about the Show/Sheamus feud?

Rock Bottom
01-29-2013, 09:31 PM
How about Show and ADR?

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................

Keith
01-29-2013, 09:34 PM
I like Big Show. He and Mark Henry are probably the two nicest wrestlers you'll ever meet outside the ring.

PrettyCool
01-29-2013, 09:40 PM
I like big show because hes a lot like me.

Keith
01-29-2013, 09:41 PM
I like big show because hes a lot like me.

A former World Champion?

ddpBANG
01-30-2013, 06:32 AM
I like Big Show. He and Mark Henry are probably the two nicest wrestlers you'll ever meet outside the ring.
Why do people keep saying this? Mark Henry is an asshole. Met him 3x, asshole every time. Big Show, Ziggler and Miz are easily the nicest guys in WWE.

Anybody Thrilla
01-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Chris Benoit was nice when I met him. Whoops.