PDA

View Full Version : Anything like extreme warfare revenge for iOs?

Fignuts
02-28-2013, 04:56 AM
I would play that shit all the time.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Nah, there was a Wrestling Manager, but it was a card game a bit and got really repetitive.

Wrestling Revolution has you playing as a wrestler, but you do get involved in the backstage stuff, which can be quite fun.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/16TbL_5FYI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Corporate CockSnogger
02-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Lol I just downloaded that and I have no idea how to fight in the slightest.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Got a match coming up against Flex Beanbag, who I think is supposed to be Buff Bagwell

#BROKEN Hasney
02-28-2013, 11:42 AM
First match in career is a tutorial, or can you not do career in the free mode?

#BROKEN Hasney
02-28-2013, 11:47 AM
But it's:

Touch somewhere to walk there. Hold outside the ropes or against a turnbuckle to leave the ring or climb
Swipe somewhere to run there or jump there if on the top rope or item
Touch the opponent to jab when you're close enough. Works when floored
Touch with 2 fingers for a bigger strike. Works when they're floored
Pinch the opponent to grapple. Also works when they're floored.

In grapple:

Touch anywhere to drag the opponent there.
Do a reverse pinch (part fingers) to release the grapple/submission
Swipe in one of 8 directions to do a move. Swiping away from you is always an irish whip.
There are 4 stronger moves. These are done by swiping in a direction and then the opposite direction quickly.
You can go for your finisher at any time in a grapple by using the pinch motion, but it will take a lot out of you and probably not hit. Great for desperation.
If you have a special, any move you attempt in a grapple will be the finisher and it will hit.

Pinch to pick up weapons.
Reverse pinch to drop them
Reverse pinch to taunt
Reverse pinch to pin when you're close to a floored opponent

#BROKEN Hasney
02-28-2013, 11:49 AM
I killed a guy learning the controls while I was unsigned and at wrestling school. Stacked up a table on a stretcher and piledrove him through it. Hit him with an explosive and then killed him through a ladder.

Best thing is, I turned face at his memorial show.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-28-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm slowly getting used to the controls but still finding it a bit hard. Some of the parody versions of guys are hilarious though.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-28-2013, 11:58 AM
It keeps glitching a lot on me. Been stuck in a hammerlock for about 5 minutes. Can you reverse moves?

#BROKEN Hasney
02-28-2013, 11:58 AM
If you go into options, there is a virtual buttons control method too, so you can see if you find that easier.

Fignuts
02-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Yeah the names are pure fire pro goodness. I just went ahead and bought it since doing so allows you to edit wrestlers. Wish there was a sim option though.

Fignuts
02-28-2013, 01:51 PM
If you go into options, there is a virtual buttons control method too, so you can see if you find that easier.

Nice. Horrible at games where you have to swipe and touch to control everything.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-28-2013, 02:39 PM
The guy who made this has done booking games before. It's almost the exact same style, you can even wrestle the matches in engine if you like or simulate them, so I wouldn't be shocked if there's booking DLC or a sequel in the future.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-28-2013, 02:54 PM
This game is amazing. It's so difficult and the matches are full of glitches but it's pretty funny. Mike Tyson just died and I'm wrestling Hulk, Iron Man and Mr T at his memorial show, despite it only being like my 3rd week as a wrestler.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Yeah, for £3 or whatever it was, it's fucked up enough to be entertaining. You can even be completley paralysed and have to work your way back to fitness.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Killed the coach in training too on a new game. Wrestling school is now booked by Sting.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Game just blacked me up everywhere but my face in a backstage segment where Norman Smiley offered to be my mentor.

Accidentally clicked no too.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-28-2013, 08:42 PM
So it turns out I may be a bit addicted to this game, just for it's ridiculousness. I got taken on by some guy called Scally, no idea who that's meant to be. and I started dressing in the same attire as him, chinos and a yellow buttong up shirt. Now I'm in the Japan promotion in a stable with Yokozuna and Mr Fuji, and this Scally guy is apparently "in the wings" if we need him. The promotion decided that "Wussy Lee" would be a better name for me. Me and Yokozuna just had a tag match against Kai En Tai, where Funaki didn't get in the ring with him once, so they split up and Taka has joined my stable now.

Lol but now Mr Fuji has left us because he's annoyed I'm friends with Yokozuna. PPV match Wussy Lee and Yokozuna vs Mr Fuji and Vader

#BROKEN Hasney
03-01-2013, 02:53 AM
I can't believe I never looked for wrestling games earlier than seeing this thread, because it is awesome.

Even beyond it's ridiculousness though, the reversals are pretty awesome. All depends on the position as to what moves happen. Got fucking vertical suplexed out of a swanton bomb last night.

Getting a lot more used to the controls. I can now spin my BATISTA BOMB around 180 and land in a pin while keeping them away from the ropes.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Got let go from WWE asking for a guaranteed contract. Didn't think they'd fire the US champ :'(

#BROKEN Hasney
03-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Update just came out for the game. You can now set objects on fire.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Are the match controls better in the full version? What other benefits are there over the free version?

#BROKEN Hasney
03-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Nah, they're the same. I don't honestly know other than the editor then if you're playing career mode, unless career mode only lasts 6 months or something.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Fuck it, I may as well get the full thing if I'm gonna keep playing on it. At least to put in the real names of everyone.

Actually, in the full version, can you go and edit your attire again if you've been forced to wear something else? I'm kinda sick of wearing Yokozuna's attire now when he's not even my partner anymore.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Only if you have creative control in your contract, I think. Unless you're unsigned.

On the screen that shows you the matches you have upcoming, press on the picture of you and it'll take you to a screen that has costumes and things. See if you can change it. It does cost money regardless though.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Ahhh yeah I forgot about the creative control thing in the contracts section. I'll have to try and get that next time. Hate tag matches though, every match just ends up as mayhem.

Fignuts
03-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Paid version also has exhibition mode.

Evil Vito
03-01-2013, 06:32 PM
<font color=goldenrod>In the Wrestling MPire game back in the day (same creator) you were able to sever limbs. Also with the push of a button you could detonate explosions.

I once held a 30 man battle royal and just kept mashing the detonate button. The match finally ended when Kurt Angle's head and torso was declared the winner after being the only thing left in the ring.</font>

Fignuts
03-02-2013, 03:54 AM
This game is awesome. Went for a moonsault, and got countered in mid air into a vertical suplex.

Is there a guide anywhere for who everyone is? I can guess most of them, but some are iffy.