PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Dogs

James Steele
03-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Anyone play this? I just finished the game and I loved it. Not necessary revolutionary, but the story was neat and the game was easy to get into. I'm actually considering buying some of the DLC missions. God bless Gamefly because I would have never played this game otherwise.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/main/sites/default/files/news/images/1112/SleepingDogs_logo.png

The Destroyer
03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
I did, but I'm now honestly struggling to remember if I ever finished it.

Definitely nothing revolutionary but it was pretty good for what it was.

Blitz
03-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Loved it.

Raven Reaper
03-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Felt like the creators of this game are pure Korean and GTA influenced. :p

Blitz
03-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Really, you think this game was influenced by GTA? Where on Earth would you get such an idea?

James Steele
03-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Who gives a shit if it was basically a Chinese GTA? The game was fun and the story rocked. Don't reinvent the wheel, just make it roll better.

Ultra Mantis
03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
I have it on Plus but I just started playing GTA4. Maybe next year.

Fignuts
03-11-2013, 02:49 PM
I really enjoyed it, but for an open world game, there isn't much replay value after you've done everything.

That said, if you haven't gotten the island tournament dlc, get off your ass. It's great fun.

James Steele
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
I bought both the Smiley Cat and Zodiac Tournament DLCs. They are coming out with a 3rd DLC story pack that is more in line with the actual game as Wei goes back into police work. I beat the Smiley Cat one in a couple of hours, so I hope the other two are a little bit longer.

MikeyMike
03-11-2013, 05:07 PM
It was originally True Crime: Hong Kong I think, then changed to Sleeping Dogs.
Anyway, finished quite a while ago and loved it as well, although I do agree that it wasn't revolutionary.

Ace
03-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Got this on Plus the other week. Absolutely loving it. As stated above, the story is great, and keeping me hooked in.

Also enjoy that, unlike GTA, there is a bigger focus on hand to hand combat rather than weapons.

Kane Knight
03-12-2013, 11:15 PM
I didn't see this anywhere on Plus. Please tell me it wasn't a free download.

Ultra Mantis
03-13-2013, 11:13 AM
It was a free download...

in Europe.

Kane Knight
03-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Ah.

Blitz
03-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Just finished the Zodiac Tournament and Nightmare in North Point. Fun little packs. Onto Year of the Snake.

Kane Knight
03-24-2013, 01:02 AM
So G, 1000/1000 yet?

Tommy Gunn
03-24-2013, 09:11 AM
I have it downloaded from plus, but I have a backlog of over 20 games at the moment :(

I really miss the days when I bought just one game at a time, god damn Sony for giving me so much free shit.

Kane Knight
03-24-2013, 09:17 AM
I have it downloaded from plus, but I have a backlog of over 20 games at the moment :(

I really miss the days when I bought just one game at a time, god damn Sony for giving me so much free shit.

Yeah, I've barely touched my Plus collection.

Chavo Classic
03-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Fucking cracking game. Just fun to pick up and play. Wish there were more games like this and Saints Row

Tommy Gunn
03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
When I bought a year of Plus, I also went out and bought a 500gb HDD thinking to myself 'fuck yeah, I'm gonna have so many games!'

Now I have them all downloaded it's like 'urgh, so many games' :nono:

I don't know a single thing about Sleeping Dogs, other than it might be good.

Kane Knight
03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Fucking cracking game. Just fun to pick up and play. Wish there were more games like this and Saints Row

Funny you should mention Saints Row. I wish this game handled more like Saints Row. Specifically 2 or 3, but still.

I got dismounted on a timed mission. Lost 30 seconds from not being able to get on my bike despite hitting the button.

It's also really touchy about the cuffing maneuever. Sometimes just tapping B to grapple will go into the cuffing animation. Which can screw up certain missions.

And then there's the fact that free running latches on to the weirdest objects sometimes.

Still, this is a pretty damn fun game.

When I bought a year of Plus, I also went out and bought a 500gb HDD thinking to myself 'fuck yeah, I'm gonna have so many games!'

Now I have them all downloaded it's like 'urgh, so many games' :nono:

I don't know a single thing about Sleeping Dogs, other than it might be good.

It's quite enjoyable. Though with Plus, I tend to download things sight unseen as well. I mean, what does it hurt?

On the other hand, I now have a fuckton of games I haven't even touched.

Chavo Classic
03-26-2013, 03:40 PM
And then there's the fact that free running latches on to the weirdest objects sometimes.

I found the free-running far less infuriating than Assassin's Creed. Sure, it's less important to the gameplay than in AC, but it's a lot more fun to use as a result.

Kane Knight
03-26-2013, 07:35 PM
I found the free-running far less infuriating than Assassin's Creed. Sure, it's less important to the gameplay than in AC, but it's a lot more fun to use as a result.
Less infuriating, perhaps, but it still does some REALLY stupid things from time to time.

Kane Knight
03-26-2013, 07:43 PM
This really is one of the better sandbox titles, so I hate to sound like I'm tearing it down. But one relatively minor annoyance is the karaoke mini game. Thankfully, you only have to do it a couple of times, but listening to someone caterwaul off-key tunes while you play a control-stick minigame?

Ugh.

It was funny the first time, though.

Speaking of funny, some of the side missions are pretty damn funny.