PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz at WrestleMania?

Mr. Nerfect
03-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Who would like to see it? At the moment neither guy really has anything to do for the PPV, but both guys seem like the sort the WWE would want featured at the event. It also appears as if Ric Flair is taking The Miz under his wing, and that pairing seems "Mania worthy."

Remember that talk of the WWE bringing in Ric Flair to manage Dolph Ziggler months ago? Since the Flair/Miz pairing seems quite random, I wonder if the WWE would consider having Flair turn on The Miz at WrestleMania, help Dolph Ziggler out, and start talking about how Ziggler is "The Man." Bring up Briley Pierce as "Rudy Ziggler" or whatever you want to call him and you've got yourself a nice little heel stable going.

Anyway, I just felt like spurring on some conversation about the Mania mid-card. Continue with your days.

Maluco
03-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Could see this being thrown together, but would not personally have any interest in seeing it.

Think Ziggler has done enough to deserve much better to be honest, but can't see where he is going to get that from.

Miz, on the other hand, has had a terrible year and is an uncomfortable fit as a face for me. I would be happy with no Miz at Mania as he has no momentum going in.

So yeah, I can see this with Flair giving it it's star power, but would have had really hoped to see Ziggler with something far better...

Corporate CockSnogger
03-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Miz is great, Ziggler's great, Big E's great, AJ's great, Flair's wrinkled but great. Sure I'd be up for that.

Ruien
03-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Could see this being thrown together, but would not personally have any interest in seeing it.

Think Ziggler has done enough to deserve much better to be honest, but can't see where he is going to get that from.

Miz, on the other hand, has had a terrible year and is an uncomfortable fit as a face for me. I would be happy with no Miz at Mania as he has no momentum going in.

So yeah, I can see this with Flair giving it it's star power, but would have had really hoped to see Ziggler with something far better...

Miz is not on a losing streak?

Nicky Fives
03-10-2013, 10:26 PM
no thank you. I want little to do with Miz as a face.

Mr. Nerfect
03-10-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm not too high on babyface Miz yet, but I certainly think that as a performer he's got all the tools to be a successful one. A ten minute match with Ziggler where he gets screwed could be good for him on the big stage. Then you put the World Title on Ziggler and after beating Del Rio, Ziggler can then move into a feud with The Miz over the title.

Mr. Nerfect
03-10-2013, 11:22 PM
They still might go with Ziggler vs. Jericho. That would be really easy to set up. That would leave Wade Barrett to face The Miz for the IC Title. Something tells me that the WWE might do some sort of last minute "get everyone on the card" match, and we might see The Miz leading a team against Barrett or something. It might even just be Barrett & Cesaro vs. The Miz & Sin Cara, which would be a pretty decent choice for a PPV opener, to be honest, even if the story behind it is pretty shit.

Mr. Nerfect
03-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I've totally changed my mind. I'd rather see Ziggler and Jericho have a nice fifteen-minute wrestling match with The Miz & Sin Cara opening the show together against Very European, a special union formed between Wade Barrett & Antonio Cesaro because of their mutual disgust that they have not been given special status at the event.

Throw that in with AJ Lee challenging her former best friend for the Divas Title in her hometown; Rhodes Scholars defending the Tag Team Championship -- which they steal from Team Hell No sometime between now and WrestleMania -- against Daniel Bryan & Kane and Kofi Kingston & R-Truth in a TLC Match; and Ryback challenging The World's Strongest Man, and you have got yourself a pretty good WrestleMania card.

dronepool
03-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Ziggler vs Jericho would be cool.

Mr. Nerfect
03-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Even if they put Jericho over and then have Ziggler cash in his title shot later in the night against a successful Del Rio. It sets up Ziggler defending against both Jericho and Del Rio at Extreme Rules, which would no doubt be a fun match.

James Steele
03-11-2013, 11:35 AM
The Miz is a one trick pony as a heel. He really really sucks as a babyface.

Ultra Mantis
03-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Wouldn't want to see it. Both guys are just sort of there at the moment. It's barely a step up from the Kofi Kingston PPV match at EC which had everyone crying "filler". If he's going to be in a throwaway match you might aswell put Ziggler against Zack Ryder and build it exclusively through tout.

JKWJRMON
03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Sorry guys, I think the WWE dropped the ball this time. Ric Flair should be associated with Ziggler, and putting Dolph over.

James Steele
03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Dolph doesn't need Flair. Ziggler has been on the cusp for a year or two now. All Ziggler needs is a marquee main event feud that he wins to put him over the top.

The Condor
03-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Not interested at all, and its no fault of Ziggles.

whiteyford
03-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Just don't want to see Ziggler lose his cash in match at 'mania, should get a nice pop when he finally uses it.

The Condor
03-11-2013, 05:20 PM
It'll be a huge deal when he does. I actually think he can make a fine face when they get around to it in the future. Enjoying the #heel right now, though

whiteyford
03-11-2013, 05:26 PM
I think going with what Noid said, although id have Ziggler going over Jericho, it could lead to a nice four way match at extreme rules with Ziggler/Jericho/Del Rio/Swagger easily enough.

The Condor
03-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Don't know if I'm in the minority but I'm really looking forward to, and enjoying the Del Rio/Swagger feud and match (no pun intended). Adding Ziggler and Jericho to the mix can only be a plus

whiteyford
03-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Reading the dirt sheets, they're looking at doing a submission match between Del Rio and Swagger at extreme rules. Would actually like to see them bring back the double jeopardy match from ECW for those four guys, it'd either be really cool or a clusterfuck but at least its different.

The Condor
03-11-2013, 06:12 PM
That's all I ask for in the product anymore, to be entertained and sometimes you have to change it up and take risks... Like putting the title on Punk, for instance. The downside of this WM is that risks and change ups seem to be out of the question in the major matches.

Fox
03-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Sure, why not? If we don't get Jericho vs Ziggler, I guess this would be the next best thing. Even better would be a scenario where Dolph beats Miz for the IC Title and then cashes in MITB for the World Title later on in the night, being the second person ever (after Warrior) to leave WrestleMania as the Intercontinental and World Champion.

The Condor
03-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Sure, why not? If we don't get Jericho vs Ziggler, I guess this would be the next best thing. Even better would be a scenario where Dolph beats Miz for the IC Title and then cashes in MITB for the World Title later on in the night, being the second person ever (after Warrior) to leave WrestleMania as the Intercontinental and World Champion.

I can dig that scenario.

XCaliber
03-11-2013, 06:16 PM
I'd like to see this match if Miz won the MITB briefcase earlier in the evening after Ziggler cashing in on Del Rio. :D