PDA

View Full Version : Comparing the NWA to other Indy feds

Rollermacka
03-19-2013, 04:28 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v_PzLq4wHmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ovF8vDXVeWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think it's kinda funny because I've worked the tag team before (not the one getting the "your not Bubba, your not Devon" chant) a couple of times now. So comparing the main event of an NWA Territory to the main event of a "typical" Indy Company, how would you consider the quality of NWA matches?

Curd
03-20-2013, 02:52 AM
From what I've seen, NWA affiliates emulate the "main event" style of WWE which Sean Waltman's Dojo will apparently specialize in. Although I prefer the "lucha-strong style" of Jersey All Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor, I understand you athletes will do what is in your best interests when informed of the business need to gravitate towards a certain style in a particular country.

Curd
03-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Booking-wise, NWA affiliates, JAPW, and ROH tend to have solid, almost two-year feuds. I reckon this is due to long-term booking and talent contracts with reliable workers. I read on the Internet dirt sheets a while back that JAPW has a zero-tolerance policy on no-showing and hence will axe an angle or change the participants thereof if someone can't make it even once.

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 02:56 AM
Work rate is at best is 75%. Need to attain at least 83.5% to be considered serious business. Right now it's only decent business. Need to get better.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 02:57 AM
My workrateometer is broken so I'm gonna have to take Shisen's word for it.

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 03:01 AM
That sucks about your workrateometer. What model year is yours from? I don't like the newer ones as much. The 2006 model is still the best. That was the first year they added the serious business alarm that goes off when the match work rate has achieved 83.5%.

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 03:07 AM
Yeah I have the 2008 model. When it reaches 90 percent workrate, my workrateometer jumps have of my hand, runs into my parents basement and masterbates to pictures of Davey Richards.

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 03:11 AM
My 2010 model broke when an ROH match had 76 finishers/pin attempts kicked out of in a row. Workrate achieved was 1000%. way too awesome for it to handle.

Rollermacka
03-20-2013, 10:57 AM
My 2010 model broke when an ROH match had 76 finishers/pin attempts kicked out of in a row. Workrate achieved was 1000%. way too awesome for it to handle.

ROH match? So how would you campare the in ring psychology of the Rob Conway vs Kahagas match to a ROH world title match? Would you say it way better than 140 lb spot monkeys kicking out of finishers for 30 mins?

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 11:00 AM
I always find it amusing when people take anything wrestling related posted by myself and especially Shisen seriously lol

CSL
03-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Not sure what the point here is supposed to be, anything under an NWA banner today IS from a "typical indy company", it all ranges from good to the drizzling shits.

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I always find it amusing when people take anything wrestling related posted by myself and especially Shisen seriously lol

How else are they supposed to take it? Rasslin is the most serious shit ever.

Shisen Kopf
03-20-2013, 12:08 PM
ROH match? So how would you campare the in ring psychology of the Rob Conway vs Kahagas match to a ROH world title match? Would you say it way better than 140 lb spot monkeys kicking out of finishers for 30 mins?

Exactly. Wooooooooo rassle art!

Bad News Gertner
03-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Lol. Rasslin is more serious than that Jesus guy.

Ultra Mantis
03-20-2013, 01:18 PM
An indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed is an indy fed.

Indy fed.

Rollermacka
03-20-2013, 02:18 PM
How else are they supposed to take it? Rasslin is the most serious shit ever.

Do I smell a new tag team forming? The TPWW Prophets, coming to a "typical indy company" near you :yes:

Rammsteinmad
03-20-2013, 02:36 PM
How many NWA's are there? Feels like there's loads of different ones.

Blakeamus
03-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Do I smell a new tag team forming? The TPWW Prophets, coming to a "typical indy company" near you :yes:

Shit Roller, TPWW Prophets does have a ring to it...

Bad News Gertner
03-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Another thread derailed by Team Gorm

Rollermacka
03-29-2013, 12:55 PM
How many NWA's are there? Feels like there's loads of different ones.

Well, Rob Conway is going to NJPW (one of the largest promotions in Japan) to defend the world title, you can make a good argument that it is a "global" promotion. The one good thing that the NWA promotion has going for them is that there are soo many promotions under the NWA banner. In Texas alone I know of 6 promotions. There is a TV deal in Houston in the works I know of, so you figure there has to be a few hundred workers to fill those rosters. The promotions have to live up to the NWA standards (no Basketball jerseys or "self trained vets") so you figure that's a lot of footage, take the best matches from it, and to make a quality wrestling program from it.

Curd
03-29-2013, 01:42 PM
I suppose a good metric of quality is how many other feds share your talent. If experienced performers from five or so dozen feds congregate in your fed, then it is of higher quality... or the booker at least pays better. :)

James Steele
03-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Rob Conway isn't going to Japan because he is NWA World Champion. He is going to Japan because...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eeA5okgAREI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scatterbrain28
05-18-2013, 07:51 PM
A post about indy wrestling. I knew Gertner couldn't resist. Come at me bro, "Indy fans...fat virgins...earn $7 bucks an hour...Daniel Bryan is a white meat babyface."

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-18-2013, 08:08 PM
He was talking about the fans earning 7 an hour not the wrestlers.

Bad News Gertner
05-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Didn't realize allowances went up in Indy fans households

mike adamle
05-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Rob Conway is the NWA Champion? What a shitty champion to have.

scatterbrain28
05-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Well, Rob Conway is going to NJPW (one of the largest promotions in Japan) to defend the world title, you can make a good argument that it is a "global" promotion. The one good thing that the NWA promotion has going for them is that there are soo many promotions under the NWA banner. In Texas alone I know of 6 promotions. There is a TV deal in Houston in the works I know of, so you figure there has to be a few hundred workers to fill those rosters. The promotions have to live up to the NWA standards (no Basketball jerseys or "self trained vets") so you figure that's a lot of footage, take the best matches from it, and to make a quality wrestling program from it.

Can they at least do promos in basketball jerseys? Sounds like here they can't go out like Public Enemy in hip hop gear beating guys with trash cans.

scatterbrain28
05-19-2013, 06:29 PM
If Shane Douglas gets within 20 ft of a NWA house show, he gets shot on sight.