PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers for 3/29/2013 *MAJOR RETURN*

Emperor Smeat
03-26-2013, 10:40 PM
WWE SmackDown

* JBL came out to a good pop, followed by Lilian Garcia.

* The Rock’s music hit and the building literally started to shake. My God, what an ovation. There are loud rocky chants that picked up after the music stopped. Rock held up a Hershey bar to a big pop. Rock talks about how he lived an hour away in Bethlehem, Pa. He shows a picture of himself when he was 15 and had a Cody Rhodes style mustache. He did the “Finally…” routine.

Rock said tonight is the first sold out WWE event in Hershey in a decade. He tells the origin story of Candy Ass and cuts a promo on John Cena. Rock said he’s going to beat Cena at WrestleMania, which led to boos, to Cena sucks chants, to Rocky chants. There is a very pro-Rock crowd in that respect. Rock started his millions routine when he was interrupted by John Laurinaitis, which drew huge heat and a “You Suck” chant.

Rock asks who in the blue hell he was. Laurinaitis says Teddy Long gave him permission to come out. Laurinaitis said they are two peas in a pod, Rock is the People’s Champion, and Big Johnny started people power. Laurinaitis says John Cena is the reason he was fired and he wants to be in Rock’s corner at WrestleMania. Rock says we’ll let the people decide and they boo. Rock says he and Laurinaitis should send Cena a message together but they need a handshake first. Rock lays Laurinaitis out with a spinebuster and a People’s Elbow. Rock then pulls a giant Hershey bar from under the ring, signs it and gives it to kids in the crowd. Rock posed for a bit then left.

* Chris Jericho beat Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett in a non-title match. Jericho came out for his match to a big pop. Wade Barrett was out next to relative silence. Barrett hit a shoulder block on Jericho, who responded with chops and a clothesline. Barrett came back with punches and a headbutt. Barrett whipped Jericho to the corner and hit a boot to Jericho to send him to the outside. Y2J continued getting punished, and Barrett cut off a comeback with a stiff back kick to the midsection. In the end, Jericho hit the Codebreaker for the win.

Jericho speaks after the match and says he would love to face the Intercontinental Champion at WrestleMania but guesses he will face Fandango instead. The Fandango silhouette drops down on the stage. Jericho picks on Fandango’s name.

Fandango made his full entrance to the ring, followed by “You Can’t Wrestle” chants. Fandango said nothing and danced back to the back.

* Paul Heyman was interviewd by Josh Mathews. Heyman said it is a must lose situation for Triple H. The Ryback/ Mark Henry bench press challenge is up next.

* The Ryback/ Mark Henry bench press challenge was up next. Booker T and Teddy Long came out to introduce the contestants. There were huge “Feed Me More” chants for Ryback. Henry came out to some decent heat. Booker said if they get physical, they will be banned from WrestleMania.

Henry won a coin toss so he went first. He benched 220 lbs. 54 times. Apparently, this was a new record. Big Hungry was on his way to breaking that record, when Henry drops the weight bar across Ryback’s neck and Ryback rolls around choking. Ryback was helped to the back. There were “Feed Me More” chants throughout the segment.

* Daniel Bryan and Kaitlyn (w/Kane) defeated Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee (w/Big E Langston). Zigglers music hit and we’re on our way to a mixed tag match. Ziggler took the early control with a shoulder block. Kaitlyn and AJ tagged in. AJ hit successive neckbreakers. Bryan and Ziggler tagged back in and traded offense. Langston tried to interfere but was taken out by Kane, who was taken out by Ziggler. In the end, Kaitlyn speared AJ for the win.

* The Shield cut a promo on the big screen. Stating that the team of Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show don’t stand a chance. They said they would believe in The Shield.

* Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) fought The Great Khali (w/Natalya, Hornswoggle) to a double count out. They both get counted out. Khali overpowered early, with Swagger getting in a few shots. Swagger puts the Patriot Lock on Khali on the outside and ignored the 10 count, resulting in a double count out. Ricardo Rodriguez comes out and tells Swagger to come and get him. Alberto Del Rio sneaks in the ring and puts the armbreaker on Zeb Colter. Del Rio holds Zeb and Ricardo hits him with the crutch. Swagger comes back and Del Rio hits him. A good pop for Ricardo and a better one for Del Rio.

* Backstage interview with Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big Show.

* They show Arnold Schwarzenegger’s tweet talking about inducting Bruno Sammartino.

* Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro vs. Sheamus, Big Show and Randy Orton is up next.

* Sheamus came out to a good pop, followed by Orton to a much bigger pop, followed by Big Show to a noticeably smaller pop. Rhodes Scholars and Cesaro came out together. Sandow tried to silence the crowd to very negative effect.

* Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show defeated Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, and Antonio Cesaro. Orton and Cesaro started things off with Randy taking an early advantage. Sheamus tagged in and roughed up Cesaro a bit, then Big Show and Cody tagged in. Big Show dominated, then Orton tagged back in and roughed up Cody a bit. That mustache is wonderful. Cesaro tagged in and got some shots but was double teamed by Orton and Sheamus. Sandow tagged in and traded offense with Sheamus. Orton came back in and took control. The heels took control for a while, isolating Orton in their corner. In the end, Sheamus made the hot tag and hit the Brogue Kick on Cody for the win.

After the match, The Shield’s music hit and they started to head down through crowd, but Orton and company met them halfway up the stairs and a fight ensued, with The Shield sent packing to a thunderous pop. Orton, Show and Sheamus beat them up bad and pose at the top of the stairs.

Corndad
03-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Big Johnny lol That was random but still fits I guess with his history with Cena.

Kaitlyn and Daniel Bryan Teaming up :love:

Shisen Kopf
03-26-2013, 11:21 PM
http://www.digitalcopycat.com/images/vhs_tape_web.jpg

http://www.matthewreedcoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/question-mark-300x225.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2013, 02:09 AM
John Laurinaitis, lol. Can't say I missed the guy, but an appearance here or there by him would no doubt be fun. I'm such a smark -- as soon as I read this I thought "I wonder if he'll help John Cena beat The Rock at WrestleMania?"

The mid-card has been booked so weirdly lately. Jericho loses the Triple Threat but now beats Barrett cleanly. I guess it's to remind everyone that Jericho is a legend, but it just doesn't seem consistent. Last week we got The Miz beating Cesaro after weeks of not being able to get the job done. It's just sort of messy. I think it would have been better if Fandango attacked Jericho mid-match. It gives the impression that Jericho and Fandango need to fight at WrestleMania, or else neither is going to be able to move on.

Black Widow
03-27-2013, 03:14 AM
I seriously hope this was a one time appearance thing
WWE hasnt had a good "authority figure" since Bischoff and Stephanie.

Rammsteinmad
03-27-2013, 07:30 AM
The mid-card has been booked so weirdly lately. Jericho loses the Triple Threat but now beats Barrett cleanly. I guess it's to remind everyone that Jericho is a legend, but it just doesn't seem consistent. Last week we got The Miz beating Cesaro after weeks of not being able to get the job done. It's just sort of messy. I think it would have been better if Fandango attacked Jericho mid-match. It gives the impression that Jericho and Fandango need to fight at WrestleMania, or else neither is going to be able to move on.

Shit man, don't be thinking/posting stuff like this. Sure, the midcard is awful in terms of storylines, but fussing about peoples wins and losses come on. "Jericho lost a triple threat one week, then pins Barrett the next week omg!". Cut that out and just enjoy the matches instead. :rant:

Shisen Kopf
03-27-2013, 07:31 AM
I agree with AJ's Lee

itsmeJD
03-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Shit man, don't be thinking/posting stuff like this. Sure, the midcard is awful in terms of storylines, but fussing about peoples wins and losses come on. "Jericho lost a triple threat one week, then pins Barrett the next week omg!". Cut that out and just enjoy the matches instead. :rant:

No need for anger sir....wipe that look off your smiley-face.

Cuse8
03-27-2013, 08:19 AM
the build up and booking for the shield/sheamus,orton and big show match has been by far the best out of all the upcoming WM matches

ClockShot
03-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Johnny Ace is back on the case!

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2013, 08:45 AM

It just peeves me when guys beat champions in non-title matches and then it's swept under the rug. Or when matches aren't for championships when they really could be.

Savio
03-27-2013, 08:53 AM
the build up and booking for the shield/sheamus,orton and big show match has been by far the best out of all the upcoming WM matches
Nah gotta be ADR/Swag

Mr. Nerfect
03-27-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm actually somewhat hoping that ADR vs. Swagger gets turned into a Submission Match in time for WrestleMania. It'd add that little bit more "weight" to the match.

Bad News Gertner
03-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Yes! Big John is back. Friggen loved him!

erickman
03-27-2013, 11:04 AM
It just peeves me when guys beat champions in non-title matches and then it's swept under the rug. Or when matches aren't for championships when they really could be.

i would think you would be more upset about the you can't wrestle chants.

Big Vic
03-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Never knew rock lived in PA

Cuse8
03-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Nah gotta be ADR/Swag

good call

Shadrick
03-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Never knew rock lived in PA

Rock has lived all over the country. Seriously. Its why he started his "Finally..." schtick.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-27-2013, 01:54 PM
PEOPLE POWER!

Volare
03-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Watching the International version....why is Laurinaitis's promo weird...talking about winning at any cost...like Cena did.

Mr. Nerfect
03-29-2013, 05:46 PM
I haven't watched the promo yet, but I've got this bizarre feeling that John Laurinaitis might be added to the match as Special Guest Referee.

Tazz Dan
03-29-2013, 05:49 PM
I have, and I don't.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Lol Noid you don't half have some mental thoughts on wrestling at times.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-29-2013, 05:58 PM
By "at times" I mean in every single one of your posts.

Mr. Nerfect
03-29-2013, 06:05 PM
It just seems really random to bring him back.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-29-2013, 06:06 PM
It would be an infinite amount of times more random to make him the referee for the biggest match of the year than to have him show up for a 5 minute promo on the B show.

Mr. Nerfect
03-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Unless it's the plan to go somewhere with it.

It could be just a cheap way to get The Rock heat (although they could have trudged out a figure like Antonio Cesaro to say some heelish things and gotten the Rock Bottom as well), but weirder things have certainly happened in the WWE.

Vastardikai
03-30-2013, 05:21 PM
I get the feeling that Not Animal is gonna play Vince McMahon, the Rock is gonna play the Rock, and John Cena is gonna play Steve Austin.

XL
03-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Think the promo kinda explained itself: The People's Champion giving the People's Elbow to the man who brought you People Power.

Not like the (fantastic) promo between The Rock and Sandow went anywhere/served a purpose.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Could have been just for the pop, don't get me wrong -- but the WWE could be considering bringing Big Johnny back as a character full-time. I think that would be a mistake, though. Big Johnny was amazing in this segment. He was just so happy to be there and it worked so well. Don't overdo it though.

Poit
03-31-2013, 01:06 AM
JBL calling Fandango a mix of Baryshnikov and Ken Shamrock was great. :lol: