PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dead: Armchair Warfare

BizarroKing
03-27-2013, 12:22 PM
I seriously loved this idea.

5 different people are chosen to become 'armchair bookers' of their own wrestling company, then take all the currently active members of the WWE and TNA rosters and pick 20 of whoever you want to be a part of your company.

You have to book the wrestlers you chose in a month worth of events (4 TV shows and a PPV) and whoever was declared the best company by a group of judges and other forum members was declared the winner.

I wish we could give this another shot, especially now that I have a better idea on what to do.

Thoughts?

Maluco
03-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Don't post too often, but made it known at the time how much I enjoyed this and enjoyed reading/rating the shows. Would love to see it back, but it would have to be in the form that it was, a lite version wouldn't be as enjoyable.

Maybe if the shows were not written in so much detail, more people would read them, but I thought it was a great idea, and yeah, would love to see it back

James Steele
03-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Didn't it die a pretty slow and painful death the last time?

screech
03-27-2013, 02:02 PM
I enjoyed judging the first season.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
The last game never even started did it?

Pretty sure "Team Awesome At Life" would've won. Myself, Bizarro King, ABT and Kapoutman. Pretty apt team name.

Flash Funk
03-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Great idea, flames out everytime

XL
03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Didn't it die a pretty slow and painful death the last time?

Didn't even start. I posted Week 1 for my team as I think we had some good ideas and some guys had put a lot of hard work into it. Might post the ideas in full at some point.

Great idea, never works.

Lock Jaw
03-27-2013, 07:01 PM
I loved Armchair Warfare. The problem is getting guys to actually write it and submit it on time, and then judges to actually judge it, people to actually vote on it.

BizarroKing
03-27-2013, 07:23 PM
It's a shame, I really wanted it to be a success...maybe if we tried to innovate it but even then people may not find interest...

Lock Jaw
03-27-2013, 08:07 PM
I think the best time to do it may be in the summer, when people may have more "free time". Then just work on finding 5 people willing to be bookers.... and make the period for each installment two weeks instead of one. So every other week there will be a new round of TV.

XL
03-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Might stand a chance if it were every 2 months!

Whilst I wouldn't hold out much hope for a revival, I'd be up for some kind of involvement.