PDA

View Full Version : Lets discuss THE RYABCK (Raw Spoilers)

Ruien
04-09-2013, 12:36 AM
With the ending of Raw, The Ryback is going back into the main event. It is kind of weird since he has not won on a ppv in half of a year. His momentum is at a all time low and really needs a couple big wins in order to prove himself. Not a huge fan of people being able to jump into the main event out of no where.

Do not think this is a heel turn either. He was going with the crowd and encouraging them to chant "Feed Me More!". Putting a fresh face into the main event, that the crowd loves to get behind, is over due. Even after losing constantly the crowd still loves THE RYBACK.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Punk won like a 2 PPVs in like 2 years before become WWE Champion at Money in the Bank. Winning doesn't really mean much. Might be a set up for a triple threat match or a face/face title match. I don't think it's a heel turn unless the fans next week boo him.

Ruien
04-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Punk was established before winning the title though. Plus I learned to accept the whole MITB thing is nuts since Jack Swagger won it.

THE RYBACK has the potential to be the or a new star. Maybe this will allow Cena to embrace the hate and turn on the fans. No one better to do it than the guy getting monster pops on a nightly basis. Never said Cena should turn heel until tonight, just to clarify I am not one of those people. This would allow Cena to say how he can trust no one and is going to look out for himself and himself only. Calling THE RYBACK out after and they have some words and a staring contest.

The Naitch
04-09-2013, 01:05 AM
I smell what The Ryback is cooking

Bad News Gertner
04-09-2013, 01:17 AM
This was basically the Monday Night Raw after Wrestlemania last year all over. Brock returns , beats up Cena at the end. Loses.

Ryback turns, beats up Cena at the end. Probably loses.

DrCrawford
04-09-2013, 01:46 AM
ryback still makes me cringe. still so cheesy and i dont think ill ever be able to look past that.

Lock Jaw
04-09-2013, 01:58 AM
WWE.com is making it seem like a heel turn, like they did when CM Punk turned.

"Raw Stunner! Ryback Turns on Cena?!"

Black Widow
04-09-2013, 02:03 AM
oh Cool... the one night i decide to skip raw and it turns out good.

The Naitch
04-09-2013, 02:08 AM
The Whole Damn Ryback
The Whole F'ing Ryback
WHO'S RYBACK?

The Ryback = Goldberg and RVD's lovechild (or Goldberg in RVD's attire)

Majunior
04-09-2013, 02:11 AM
Honestly the show was rather boring, but the crowd was amazingly entertaining. :D

Also, I hate Fatback. He's so horribly boring. He's pretty much Mark Henry or Goldberg level boring. Which is to say, I now watch Diva matches and save my piss break for whenever that knuckledragger is on screen.

Yeah I said it. Aksana and Alicia Fox are more entertaining than Ryback.

Lock Jaw
04-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Fatback? Seriously? Dude isn't even fat.

Majunior
04-09-2013, 02:45 AM
No, but he is seriously thick and also has no neck, which tends to remind me of a pig.

Especially with the snaggletooth perpetually dumb look he has on his face...

Lock Jaw
04-09-2013, 02:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PF7Yy.png

Lock Jaw
04-09-2013, 02:50 AM
http://www.wrestlepoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/tumblr_m4g3rdJUef1qd5qx0o1_12801.png

dronepool
04-09-2013, 02:52 AM
The end was pretty cool.

James Steele
04-09-2013, 02:54 AM
majunior, just shut the fuck up and go back into whatever hole you came out of never to return.

Bad News Gertner
04-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Honestly the show was rather boring, but the crowd was amazingly entertaining. :D

Also, I hate Fatback. He's so horribly boring. He's pretty much Mark Henry or Goldberg level boring. Which is to say, I now watch Diva matches and save my piss break for whenever that knuckledragger is on screen.

Oooo you're so cutting edge! Yeah I recall the crowd being dead when Goldberg wrestled.

Majunior
04-09-2013, 03:12 AM
There is a huge difference between being good, and being well-liked.

Some of the worst wrestlers in history have been huge fan favorites. Hogan comes to mind. As does Goldberg.

Corporate CockSnogger
04-09-2013, 03:23 AM
And what makes them not good? The lack of flips and knife edge chops in their move sets?

KaosDarksol
04-09-2013, 03:26 AM
You know what annoyed me about all of this? There was no debut of anyone new or an old returning superstar like there always is the raw after mania

Majunior
04-09-2013, 03:36 AM
Having a half dozen (or less) moves is a good start to not being good. I never said flips were important, but a little innovation or diversity certainly isn't a bad thing. Change it up from time to time. Do something new. Or do something old. Also, squashes are boring. (If for no other reason than they're too short.)

As an example, I found Goldberg more boring than paint drying because he used about 4 moves and most of his matches lasted like two minutes. Hogan was all about hulking up and clubbing blows.

James Steele
04-09-2013, 03:50 AM
I always liked when Goldberg did that roll-through leglock.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2013, 03:56 AM
Also, I hate Fatback.

he is seriously thick and also has no neck, which tends to remind me of a pig.

lol What is happening here?

Bad News Gertner
04-09-2013, 05:35 AM
Having a half dozen (or less) moves is a good start to not being good. I never said flips were important, but a little innovation or diversity certainly isn't a bad thing. Change it up from time to time. Do something new. Or do something old. Also, squashes are boring. (If for no other reason than they're too short.)

As an example, I found Goldberg more boring than paint drying because he used about 4 moves and most of his matches lasted like two minutes. Hogan was all about hulking up and clubbing blows.

NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WORKRATE!!!

Being entertaining is 10x more important than chain wrestling. Wtf is the matter with these types of fans.

James Steele
04-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Generally speaking, having more moves allows you to be more entertaining. Not saying the stupid 4000 moves and 200 backflips thing, but you can only watch the same movie so many times.

Bad News Gertner
04-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Hogan basically wrestled the same match constantly.

Christ, Hogan could barely move in the mid 90's and he was the biggest heel of the decade. Personality is vastly more important.

James Steele
04-09-2013, 06:11 AM
That was 20 years ago. The business has changed and the demands of the audience have changed. They used to have nothing but jobber squashes on RAW too.0

James Steele
04-09-2013, 06:16 AM
For all the shit Cena gets, he can wrestle and put on great matches. Every new top star since the end of the 80s boom has been able to do that. It is the evolution of the business. Vanilla good guy beats bad guy with a leg drop shit doesn't work anymore. Hogan even did some different things as a heel. Goldberg even had some cool moves he'd do once in awhile.

Bad News Gertner
04-09-2013, 06:21 AM
There's nobody capable of doing that anymore.

I don't get why smarks shit on Goldberg. The guy basically came straight out of the PowerPlant and within a year was headlining, and for a guy who had no experience,he was pretty good. I was never bored.

James Steele
04-09-2013, 06:54 AM
To be fair, it is hard to put on a boring match in 5-10 minutes when you got over by destroying people like that. Especially once he got over and it all became part of his aura. That said, it is a special case. You can't have every match on the card be a squash or shitfest.

Bad News Gertner
04-09-2013, 06:57 AM
His match with DDP at Havoc was long and I point to that when people say Goldberg can't have an entertaining match over 5 minutes because it was very entertaining.

Corporate CockSnogger
04-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Goldberg had unreal charisma. He would get more reaction from a punch to Lash Leroux than any of those work rate machines would get in their biggest matches of their career.

Corporate CockSnogger
04-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Ryback does miss some of that fire that Goldberg had though. He doesn't have that thing about him that just "clicks" as he changes gear. Think it might just be that he seems quite stiff in his own body, whereas Goldberg was really agile for a guy his size.

Bad News Gertner
04-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Even his match with Hogan was very entertaining.

Bad News Gertner
04-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Ryback does miss some of that fire that Goldberg had though. He doesn't have that thing about him that just "clicks" as he changes gear. Think it might just be that he seems quite stiff in his own body, whereas Goldberg was really agile for a guy his size.

Goldberg was also a former football player and had to be quick on his feet and agile.

James Steele
04-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Yeah. People seem to think that charisma and mic skills are interchangeable. Charisma is a "compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others". You can have that X-factor or appeal and not be able to talk.

James Steele
04-09-2013, 07:03 AM

Yeah, Ryback is way more jacked than Goldberg ever was. Goldberg was a functional fuckhouse of muscle.

itsmeJD
04-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Yeah. People seem to think that charisma and mic skills are interchangeable. Charisma is a "compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others". You can have that X-factor or appeal and not be able to talk.

Yo you dealin with the X-factor...

I got everything I ever wanted,
And I'll never give that baaaaaacccckkkk
Well, I know you hate X-Factor, but you ain't gotta look at me like that, I said you ain't gotta look at me like that.

Heisenberg
04-09-2013, 07:58 AM
I don't give a fuck if ppl think he is Goldberg 2.0, he is a believable brick shithouse on the screen, and that is good enough for me.

whiteyford
04-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Even his match with Hogan was very entertaining.

Had a solid with Steiner towards the end of WCW as well I think.

The Condor
04-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Cena v. Ryback v. Henry is alright by me. I'll give it a shot

XL
04-09-2013, 03:49 PM

Goldberg also benefits from being the "first" guy to do it. Ryback will always draw comparisons to Goldberg and I think that knocks a little of his "aura".

Tanawesome
04-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Also, I hate Fatback.

No, but he is seriously thick and also has no neck, which tends to remind me of a pig.

Especially with the snaggletooth perpetually dumb look he has on his face...

Do you even lift bro?

drave
04-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Do you even lift bro?

NOT NOW CHIEF, HE'S IN THE FUCKIN ZONE!

http://www.jersify.com/media/css/images/guido-gym.jpg

slik
04-10-2013, 02:32 AM
Cena v. Ryback v. Henry is alright by me. I'll give it a shot

Crazy Edgar that opinion is crazy!

Crazy good, that is.

Lock Jaw
04-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Cena vs. Ryback vs. Henry?

CAN JOHN CENA OVERCOME THE ODDS?!!!

Lock Jaw
04-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Yes. Yes he can.

owenbrown
04-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Cena vs. Ryback vs. Henry?

CAN JOHN CENA OVERCOME THE ODDS?!!!

do we really need to answer this question?!

Shisen Kopf
04-10-2013, 07:07 AM

Who is this Ma Junior? This is some serious shit when you talk poop about THE RYBACK. THE RYBACK is awesome and you don't have enough posts here yet to be allowed an opinion. So from now on you are a RYBACKer. Ok?

PrettyCool
04-10-2013, 11:41 AM
They need to put Ryback on a losing streak and have him go on temper tantrum with everyone calling him Cryback

Lock Jaw
04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't even know why we are all talking about THE RYBACK in a thread that is clearly marked for discussing THE RYABCK. Whoever that is.

Ruien
04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Ya, all you silly responders. Tisk tisk at you all.

My problem with Henry vs THE RYBACK, vs Cena is that THE RYBACK is not going to win. Or at least he shouldn't. That will make it 7 ppvs in a row he has failed to come up with a victory. How can someone be a monster without ever being able to win a match?
Going backwards, he should never have been taken off the Shield match if Henry was not going to put him over. His tension could have still risen after losing at Mania to the trio and demanded a one on one match against one of them at Extreme Rules. Would allow him to pick up a victory. Maybe have his two partners go in single matches or a tag match to allow the Shield to keep some momentum.

Majunior
04-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Do you even lift bro?

Does it matter?
Even when I did spend time lifting, the idea of looking like a giant block with legs was seriously not appealing.

So what I said about Ryback still holds true. He reminds me of a large swine.

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2013, 06:12 PM
I haven't read this thread yet, but I will. I'd just like to say that I am actually for Ryback beating John Cena for the WWE Title at Extreme Rules.

meushar100
04-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah, it seems like the fans don't accept him as a heel, even if the WWE "creative" (and poor) team want us to believe it. and that's awesome.
first, he can become a tweener, who demolishes everyone in his path- heel or face and the fans just stand behind him, in any thing he does and/ or say (a kind of an Austin or Taker)- that will make him a face, in the fan's eyes (even if in terms of storylines, he acts heelish). I think he fit perfectlly in that position.
I really hope he is gonn'a out pop Cena in this fued and that would be a slap to WWE team's face!

Mr. Nerfect
04-13-2013, 03:39 AM
I've changed my mind.

Ryback should beat Mark Henry on RAW to become the #1 Contender for the WWE Championship. Cena is all "bring it on" and Ryback attacks him and beats him around the ringside area and stands tall holding the WWE Championship. When the announcers ask him why he's made Cena a target, Ryback doesn't say anything. JBL calls them all stupid because it's obvious that Ryback wants to be WWE Champion.

It comes to Extreme Rules and the two fight it out. The ending sees something like the match where Cena beat Umaga by choking him out. Cena goes to insane depths to choke Ryback out in an STF putting the big man to sleep to retain the WWE Title.