PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler's WHC title reign down the toilet

Rasslin' Fan 29
05-08-2013, 08:38 PM
WWE is reporting (http://www.wwe.com/inside/dolph-ziggler-suffers-concussion-26113883) that Dolph Ziggler suffered a concussion during the SmackDown taping on Tuesday after he interfered in the Jack Swagger/Big E. Langston match. The report quotes WWE physician Michael Sampson, who said Ziggler suffered the concussion early in the altercation, as saying, “He [was] having some memory difficulties and a bit of a headache … he definitely has a concussion. We’re checking him out, and going to be doing neuropsychological testing and just keep it monitored.”
The report notes that the concussion has been clinically confirmed and that the results of their testing will given them a baseline with which to monitor Ziggler. Dolph was scheduled to face Swagger and Alberto Del Rio in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules in eleven days

Juan
05-08-2013, 09:16 PM
We should overreact even tho we don't know the extent of his injury or how long he'll be sidelined.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Rush to judgment by troll rasslin' fan 32.

Droford
05-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Mr Anderson was injured on may 7th, 2007 when he lost his MITB case vs Edge.

May 7th isn't a good day for MITB winners I guess.

Shisen Kopf
05-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Time to panic

Droford
05-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Del Rio vs Swagger in an Extreme Rules swirly match for Dolph's title thats in the toilet. First person to give the other a swirly wins.

Lock Jaw
05-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Thought for sure this was a slik thread

owenbrown
05-08-2013, 11:30 PM
mike adamle in panic mode?

Tom Guycott
05-09-2013, 12:06 AM
How come nobody sees the possible alternate course of action that has Dolph ducking competition? I mean, he *IS* a heel. He already has 3 ways out of just about any match situation in the form of AJ, Big E, and the fact that he can get counted out and remain champion.

He doesn't have to needlessly put himself in harms way until he gets a clean bill of health from what assuredly will be a battery of head trauma tests (Benoit, NFL players, blah blah blah), nor does he automatically have to drop the strap simply because he's hurt. If it's severe enough, yes. But one little bump in the head by the flop machine doesn't mean he should suddenly hang it up and we should be all "ohhh, so sad for you after all your hard work".

I mean, speculation was that Thwagger was on his way out the door after his DUI, and we can see how wrong that is. Its possible things aren't worst case for Ziggles.

whiteyford
05-09-2013, 12:18 AM
We don't take kindly to common sense around these parts Mr Guycott, clearly he's being forced to retire and will be inducted into the HoF next year.

Droford
05-09-2013, 12:34 AM
So big E climbs the ladder and hands the belt to Dolph?

that seems fair

Bad News Gertner
05-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Nobody cares about the WHC anyways

Theo Dious
05-09-2013, 01:44 AM
I was irritated about the triple threat match but it could turn out to be a blessing; either have Swagger vs Del Rio, or have Big E as a placeholder for Dolph where if he wins the match Dolph retains.

XL
05-09-2013, 02:13 AM
How come nobody sees the possible alternate course of action that has Dolph ducking competition? I mean, he *IS* a heel. He already has 3 ways out of just about any match situation in the form of AJ, Big E, and the fact that he can get counted out and remain champion.

He doesn't have to needlessly put himself in harms way until he gets a clean bill of health from what assuredly will be a battery of head trauma tests (Benoit, NFL players, blah blah blah), nor does he automatically have to drop the strap simply because he's hurt. If it's severe enough, yes. But one little bump in the head by the flop machine doesn't mean he should suddenly hang it up and we should be all "ohhh, so sad for you after all your hard work".

I mean, speculation was that Thwagger was on his way out the door after his DUI, and we can see how wrong that is. Its possible things aren't worst case for Ziggles.
Sounds pretty good. Have Ziggles claim injury right upon til the day the "30 Day Rule" is about to cost him the belt. Then a miraculous recovery.

Kane Knight
05-09-2013, 08:14 AM
I thought for sure Ziggler was in the doghouse.

Tom Guycott
05-10-2013, 02:22 AM
I thought for sure Ziggler was in the doghouse.

http://www.tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=206&pictureid=2038

Savio
05-10-2013, 09:08 AM
If it happened on Tuesday that is quite a bit of time before the PPV

Emperor Smeat
05-10-2013, 10:06 PM
WWE issued an update to Ziggler's condition.

WWE World Hvt. champion Dolph Ziggler has been diagnosed with retrograde amnesia after reportedly suffering a concussion at Tuesday's Smackdown TV taping.

WWE released an update on Ziggler's health Friday, which includes Ziggler saying he doesn't remember Monday's Raw, doesn't remember traveling from Raw to Smackdown on Tuesday, or going to the airport on Wednesday to fly home.

Ziggler says staff members for the Phoenix Suns evaluated Ziggler and he may require a CT scan when he sees the Suns medical staff again "in a couple of days."

Ziggler described the injury as "a little scary" when considering the effects of memory loss and how hard he was kicked in the head during the events at Tuesday's Smackdown taping.

WWE and Ziggler are not able to say yet whether Ziggler will be able to make his World Title defense at the Extreme Rules PPV in nine days. WWE simply said Ziggler "expects to be back in action soon."

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-10-2013, 10:10 PM
What if he forgot how he won the title that would have been so fucking sad and depressing.

dronepool
05-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Nobody cares about the WHC anyways

It's the new IC belt.

Droford
05-10-2013, 11:38 PM
I smell a "Dolph Ziggler lost in ______" angle. Can't be cleveland cause Dolph is too cool for Cleveland.

KIRA
05-11-2013, 02:20 AM
We don't take kindly to common sense around these parts Mr Guycott, clearly he's being forced to retire and will be inducted into the HoF next year.

Emmet fetch me my shotgun!

JimmyMess
05-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Well I'm surprised it hadn't happened earlier. It looks awesome when he takes a beating in the ring, but jarring himself around the way he does he was bound to get some sort of upper body injury.

Rasslin' Fan 29
05-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Yeah he's gonna be lucky to not end up like Droz someday. Anyone remember his bump at Money In The Bank? Dude lands on his fucking neck.

The Condor
05-11-2013, 10:43 AM
He'll be alright unless there is a medical turn in the next week. Then they'll write something up like the BigE scenario, which could continue a story that they have *allegedly* been hinting to about BigE coveting the title for himself. But there is really only about a 20% chance Dolph misses the match, honestly

Mr. Nerfect
05-11-2013, 09:09 PM
I don't think Dolph should compete unless he is medically cleared. It's better to be safe than sorry. As people have suggested, they could have Ziggler duck the match somehow. Del Rio and Swagger could have a Submission Match in its place to decide Ziggler's #1 Contender. Or you could make an angle out of it where someone attacks Dolph backstage and he can't compete, thus Del Rio and Swagger have a one-on-one Ladder Match which Del Rio wins. Or you slip Christian in there under Booker T's orders, since "a Triple Threat Ladder Match was advertised" and Christian can win the belt as a way to bring him back.

Ziggler can return and feud with the heel who attacked him. It could be anyone from Jack Swagger to The Shield to Brock Lesnar (Dolph bumping for Lesnar would be amazing). Or if you go with Christian winning the World Title, you could have it be Christian who took out Ziggler which can set up a double-turn for the two. Christian could even steal AJ and Big E. Langston away from Dolph. Have Langston and AJ paired up as a couple that helps their mentor retain the title.

Lock Jaw
05-11-2013, 09:40 PM
I don't think Dolph should compete unless he is medically cleared. It's better to be safe than sorry. As people have suggested, they could have Ziggler duck the match somehow. Del Rio and Swagger could have a Submission Match in its place to decide Ziggler's #1 Contender. Or you could make an angle out of it where someone attacks Dolph backstage and he can't compete, thus Del Rio and Swagger have a one-on-one Ladder Match which Del Rio wins. Or you slip Christian in there under Booker T's orders, since "a Triple Threat Ladder Match was advertised" and Christian can win the belt as a way to bring him back.

Ziggler can return and feud with the heel who attacked him. It could be anyone from Jack Swagger to The Shield to Brock Lesnar (Dolph bumping for Lesnar would be amazing). Or if you go with Christian winning the World Title, you could have it be Christian who took out Ziggler which can set up a double-turn for the two. Christian could even steal AJ and Big E. Langston away from Dolph. Have Langston and AJ paired up as a couple that helps their mentor retain the title.

Noid's best idea ever. :y:

Black Widow
05-12-2013, 02:44 AM
hopefully this means he will get taken out early in the match and while del rio & swagger destorys themselves he sneaks up to get the title

Theo Dious
05-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Yeah he's gonna be lucky to not end up like Droz someday. Anyone remember his bump at Money In The Bank? Dude lands on his fucking neck.

Droz was never at MITB jackass. :shifty:

Rasslin' Fan 29
05-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Droz would've made an excellent world champion if his injury hadn't happened.

Savio
05-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Bet they run an angle where Dolph doesn't remember AJ which causes AJ to go crazy.

Savio
05-12-2013, 10:44 AM
does anyone have a gif of the incident?

Emperor Smeat
05-12-2013, 01:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fRxCZZe.gif

Rasslin' Fan 29
05-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Damn. Was that Jack Swagger that kicked him? First the DUI and now he kicks the world champ in the head. Fire him.

XL
05-12-2013, 02:10 PM

Can really see CLB Christian with AJ and Big E. That'd be pretty great.