PDA

View Full Version : About Dave Batista

Wildcat789
05-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Does anybody think that Batista won't ever get pushed correctly? I mean, the guy is sick and everything about him is synonymous with what wrestling should be. But it looks as if Orton being the lead up-and-comer in Evolution, Batista gets to do nothing but look big. Believe me, I'm a huge Orton fan, but I want to see a Batista push badly.

What are your feelings on this? What do you think the scenario would have to be in order to get Batista pushed?

HeartBreakMan2k
05-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Did you just say Batista is what wrestling should be? :wtf:

Kazara
05-14-2004, 12:16 AM
I feel that he sucks ass and is nothing more than a Generic HOSS~. His moveset is incredibly sloppy and generic as well.

The only thing that sticks out are his veins. His big.......ugly.....scary..... Veins.

Wildcat789
05-14-2004, 12:21 AM
So you're saying a wrestler is bad due to a generic moveset? Excuse me, I'm going to go cry...

I correct myself, ONE DAY, Batista will be what wrestling should be. A big, strong, agile, fairly young guy who looks completely dominating in the ring. Even now, his mic skills are pretty good. Not only that, compared to other fresh talent (i.e. Tyson Tomko) he looks like a friggin shining angel of light. Speaking of Tomko, I'm gonna go cry again.

PureHatred
05-14-2004, 12:58 AM
This is without a doubt the stupidest post I've ever read on these boards.

I mean, the guy is sick and everything about him is synonymous with what wrestling should be

A big, strong, agile, fairly young guy who looks completely dominating in the ring. Even now, his mic skills are pretty good.

First off, Batista was born on January 18, 1969. He's 35 years old. He's nowhere near young and unless he pulls off a DDP like improvement at this age, his ringwork is set. And it's not good; 6 months ago he looked like he was going to hurt someone every time he was in the ring. He's not much better now.

He is also atrocious on the mic. If, by "pretty good," you mean he's able to speak words with more than one syllable, then I guess you're right, but just barely. His idea of intensity is screaming as loud as possible and he's constantly tripping over his lines.

Batista is a big, intimidating looking guy who would be great as a bouncer in a strip club, but will probably be nothing more than a glorified brawler who will eventually get a big push based on his look alone. But basically, if you pay attention at all, he sucks. Like Lex Luger with tatooos.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-14-2004, 01:02 AM
If Dave Batista is going to become the future of wrestling, and is what wrestling will become, then I can honestly tell you, I will not be watching wrestling much longer. The last thing we need is a throwback to when overtly muscular hosses run the company.

If you disagree, ask WWE how it turned out circa Nathan Jones, Matt Morgan time frame.

ItsTimeForAChange
05-14-2004, 01:13 AM
That mofos veins are nasty.

I don't mind him too much, hes slow and hes not that great, but hes intimidating as hell. He just lacks charisma and mic skills. Well, and also wrestling skills. :D

Despite all that, he'd still probably put on a better show at Judgement Day than JBL will! :lol:

big_bluto
05-14-2004, 07:08 AM
Don't knock the Dave monster.
Yes, he's slow,
Yes, he's not a great wrestler,
Yes, he's very limited on the microphone,
Yes, he's got a high capacity to injure people,
Yes, he's got as much charisma as a bucket of broken staplers,
Yes, he's over-developed with ugly veins,
Yes, he dyes his hair,
Yes, he looks SUPER-Gay,
Emmm........
What was my point again?
Oh yes, something about not knocking Dave.
That's right boys and girls, don't knock Dave Batista!
Hit him with a car!

Goldbird
05-14-2004, 08:13 AM
No way will i spoil my ford.

Loose Cannon
05-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Holy sh**, he's 35 years old. Dam, I thought he was like 24 or something. Why the hell does he represent the future of Evolution then. Are you sure he's 35?

aaronkyle86
05-14-2004, 11:01 AM
I can't help but laugh everytime I see him wrestle. To me, he looks so proud of himself everytime I see him do a clothesline.

PureHatred
05-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Holy sh**, he's 35 years old. Dam, I thought he was like 24 or something. Why the hell does he represent the future of Evolution then. Are you sure he's 35?

Yes. Go to any of his fan sites or his "official" site. He got into wrestling very late in life.

big_bluto
05-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Yes. Go to any of his fan sites or his "official" site. He got into wrestling very late in life.
Here's the link:
www.davebatistaandhismuscles.useless-lumbering-nucksackoffu</>ckbeans.injuries.com

big_bluto
05-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Here's the link:
www.davebatistaandhismuscles.useless-lumbering-nucksackoffu</>ckbeans.injuries.com

damn. it doesn't work........how apt!

Ferocious
05-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Here's the link:
www.davebatistaandhismuscles.useless-lumbering-nucksackoffu</>ckbeans.injuries.com (http://www.davebatistaandhismuscles.useless-lumbering-nucksackof****beans.injuries.com)
pmfsl :rofl:

Wildcat789
05-14-2004, 05:03 PM
He's 35? **** it then...he has no room for improvement.
Yeah the age is like the biggest factor here...sorry bout that. I thought he was in his early twenties and I could've sworn WWE had said that as well. The room for improvement here is small then...the man is nearly 40. Most wrestlers have hit their prime by then and most have quit by that age.

lol lock this then, being a Batista mark suddenly begins to suck. :p

In his defense though, I haven't seen him blow a spot, or ever hear about him doing so.

EDIT: I didn't get to see his beginning matches when he first came. If anybody has any videos of them, please post..

Kane Knight
05-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Batista's a pretty sloppy wrestler. He has the look of a dominating hoss, but I really don't care about the look if the guy sucks. He'll never get pushed right, because he'll remain a high level wrestle regardless of his lack of ring skills OR mic skills.

If he was just sitting there looking menacing at ringisde, that['d be one thing. But he dones';t do that.

MVP
05-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Yeah Batista is very overrated, but he's just another hoss doing sexual favors for Vince in return for title shots.

Amaroqwolf
05-15-2004, 03:10 AM
And yet this guy continues getting pushed while some truly good one's like Ultimo Dragon, and Shannon Moore get shoved off to dark matches and Velocity...(sighs) When will Vince Learn...stupid balls of muscle's can't do S***!!

John la Rock
05-15-2004, 03:17 AM
Batista has been really good lately IMO. His match with Tajiri from this past week was awesome. HHH and Flair did a good job in picking the 2 youngsters for Evolution :y:

I see Batista winning the WWE title within 5 years

Kane Knight
05-15-2004, 03:27 AM
Batista has been really good lately IMO. His match with Tajiri from this past week was awesome. HHH and Flair did a good job in picking the 2 youngsters for Evolution :y:

Tajiri's an awesome wrestler. He managed to milk a pretty good match out of Batista, but it wasn't exactly anything super. i had to watch it twice, because Dave bored me and I started to zone out.

PureHatred
05-15-2004, 03:40 AM

Apparently you didn't read the entire thread. Dave Batista is 35 years old. He's not a "youngster." If he doesn't win the title within five years he'll be 40 years old the first time he wears a world singles title. Batista is garbage.

That is all.

John la Rock
05-15-2004, 03:45 AM
Apparently you didn't read the entire thread. Dave Batista is 35 years old. He's not a "youngster." If he doesn't win the title within five years he'll be 40 years old the first time he wears a world singles title. Batista is garbage.

That is all.

35 WTF? you serious? I thought he was like 25 :wtf:

PureHatred
05-15-2004, 03:51 AM
http://www.wtv-zone.com/batista/bio.html

http://www.davebatista.com/

Click on FAQ

Kane Knight
05-15-2004, 03:57 AM
Paying attention would help out here, John.

Of course, it'd kill like 90% of the arguments I've seen you make in the last hour too, but whatever.

Goldbird
05-15-2004, 05:35 AM
read the whole thread before you post.

tucsonspeed6
05-15-2004, 12:15 PM
demonwrestling@hotmail.com

Dear Dave,

I think you're awesome. When will you be coming to the St. Louis area? I sure hope it's soon. Hopefully you'll be out somewhere signing autographs cause I'm a huge fan. You are obviously the best wrestler in all of Evolution and every Monday night you prove why you're a member of such a prestigeous group of wrestlers. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

tucsonspeed6

PS: I forgot to add a [/sarcasm] at the end of that. Be sure to remember that when you reread it. You suck.

....oh, and you're too old to suck as much as you do. Go away.