PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: NWA-TNA

Marc the Smark
05-14-2004, 01:56 AM
Also from our newsboard, new information on TNA

Hulk Hogan & Ultimate Warrior To TNA, TV Deal Info; More
By Richard Gray on May 13, 2004 at 10:12 AM EST

Thanks to Richard Trionfo for the following:

This week on Between the Ropes, legendary manager 'The Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart joined Fritz and Dickerman to discuss the television deal that NWA:TNA signed with Fox Sports Net and other things in the world of professional wrestling.

The interview began with talk of the deal with Fox Sports Net and the impact it will have. Jimmy talked about the mixture of young wrestlers and established stars. Jimmy said that the weekly pay per views will continue on Wednesday nights, and then on Thursdays they will tape at Universal Studios.

Jimmy was asked about the taping of WCW at Universal Studios in the past, and the influence he had with the TNA deal. Jimmy said that Universal was very receptive to bringing back wrestling, and he felt that it was a no-brainer to bring TNA to Universal. Jimmy feels that it is necessary to have TNA sign the talent so they will not suffer the same fate as the XWF. Jimmy did thank Vince McMahon for leaving the wrestling ring from the XWF since he took about everything else.

The show will be fan friendly, and will include autograph sessions. Eventually, it might be an attraction at Universal that people can see behind the scenes. The combination of Universal and Fox Sports Net will make sure that this works, including appearances on Fox Sports Net programming.

Jimmy said that he will do whatever the company wants, including helping with the publicity to get the product out for NWA:TNA Impact. The show will have fewer things going on in the back, and more action in the ring. With the new program, more people will be able to see superstars like A.J. Styles.

Jimmy mentioned that there are talks with AAA and the Japanese promotions to bring in wrestlers. Jimmy talked about how he worked with Jerry Jarrett before going to New York. Jimmy mentioned that Jerry was involved with WCW during its hey day.

Jimmy was asked if he will be at ringside with the megaphone to manage, and he said that he has the megaphones at home and the jackets are in the closet ready to be used again. Right now, he will be focusing on the promotion of the company.

Jimmy was asked about a friend of his who lives down the road from Orlando, and he said that they are close to Tampa so there might be a 'red and yellow' sighting in the future. Jimmy also talked about the angle that was filmed previously with Jeff and Hogan. Jimmy said that some of the biggest names in wrestling have been calling the offices of TNA to appear for the company, including the Ultimate Warrior.

The first show will be taped on June 3rd, and will air on the 4th at 3:00 p.m., but didn't want to say too much because he was afraid that Jeff Jarrett would hit him with the guitar. The company will be doing a lot of things around Orlando to make it fan friendly.

PureHatred
05-14-2004, 03:09 AM
The words "Ultimate Warrior" and "biggest names in wrestling" haven't been used in the same sentence for roughly 20 years.

The NWATNA getting a TV deal is big enough news without Jimmy hyping the possible return of so-called name wrestlers. TNA should be focusing on developing its own stars. They certainly have the talent.

Corkscrewed
05-14-2004, 03:13 AM
Warrior to TNA? What is he, crazy???

:shifty:

Loose Cannon
05-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Oh Boy.

And that's one of those worried "Oh Boy's"

Wildcat789
05-15-2004, 02:20 PM
I have NEVER seen NWA-TNA. From what I hear, it's alot of washed up non-talent looking for a second shot.

Hulk Hogan: I'm home, BROTHER!

Mr. JL
05-15-2004, 02:43 PM
It sucks that thier TV deal is only 1 hour long.

Nark Order
05-15-2004, 02:57 PM
I have NEVER seen NWA-TNA. From what I hear, it's alot of washed up non-talent looking for a second shot.

You've been mis-informed...

PureHatred
05-15-2004, 08:02 PM

You look dumber with every post.

AJ Styles, Low Ki, Chris Daniels, Frank Kazarian, Sonjay Dutt, Amazing Red, Kid Kash among others are all extremely talented individuals who never seemed to fit the WWE mold.

Guys like Jerry Lynn, Raven, and Ron Killings used to be in the WWE, but were never used to their full potential. In the case of Killings, they never even scratched the surface.

You should make it a practice to not post unless you have even a semblance of a clue as to what you are talking about.

ilt_undertaker
05-15-2004, 08:05 PM
You look dumber with every post.

AJ Styles, Low Ki, Chris Daniels, Frank Kazarian, Sonjay Dutt, Amazing Red, Kid Kash among others are all extremely talented individuals who never seemed to fit the WWE mold.

Guys like Jerry Lynn, Raven, and Ron Killings used to be in the WWE, but were never used to their full potential. In the case of Killings, they never even scratched the surface.

You should make it a practice to not post unless you have even a semblance of a clue as to what you are talking about.

:y:

Kazara
05-15-2004, 08:13 PM
They're STILL not being used right. There's NO Reason why Sonjay Dutt isn't the X-Divsion Champion, and why Daniels and Low-Ki haven't had a World Title Reign.

PureHatred
05-15-2004, 08:24 PM
They're STILL not being used right. There's NO Reason why Sonjay Dutt isn't the X-Divsion Champion, and why Daniels and Low-Ki haven't had a World Title Reign.

Dutt will probably win his series with Red and eventually end up with the X Belt. And Low-Ki and Daniels are victims of their own success. Since they were always doing dates in Japan or for RoH, they were never going to be able to work more than a few consecutive weeks for TNA.

As a company trying to get national exposure you're not going to put your main belt around someone unless you're absolutely certain they are going to be a mainstay in the company. Now that TNA has a TV contract, I'm sure more of their workers are going to start geting signed to exclusive deals. Those are the guys that are going to get World Title runs.

Kazara
05-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Well, it appears that RoH is out of the way for them.

Kazara
05-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Well, AJ Styles was did shows for 6 different companies when he had his First NWA World Title Reign. (TNA, CZW, PWG, RoH, FWA, and ECWA) But, I understand where you're coming from.

Rob
05-15-2004, 08:53 PM
The guy who wrote that is a moron.

I'm not going go through it all but Hart JOKED that they were after everyone including the Warrior.

El Santo
05-16-2004, 02:18 PM
It sucks that thier TV deal is only 1 hour long.

It also sucks that they're on Fridays at 3 pm Eastern Time (12 pm Pacific). But everyone has to start somewhere, I guess. And, who knows, Oprah-watching housewives may tune in once and a while. ;)

Sephiroth
05-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Warrior will be the next HHH. :shifty: