PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Dreamin' WrestleMania XXX

Mr. Nerfect
06-29-2013, 04:08 AM
Here is a bizarre WrestleMania XXX card I thought up earlier (roster changes and unfortunate injuries are not taken into consideration here, of course):

WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. CM Punk

-I feel this match is the best possible WWE Championship match the WWE can put forward at this stage. Cena and Punk have an Austin/Rock dynamic and their matches are always great. I'd actually start the build to this at Night of Champions, where fighting Intercontinental Champion, The Miz, wants to put his title on the line against the best opponent the WWE Universe can decide on. Everyone on the roster is eligible for a fan poll, with the only real likely choices being John Cena (who loses the WWE Championship to Money in the Bank Winner, Rob Van Dam), CM Punk or (long-shot) Randy Orton. Even if Cena wins the actual voting, a kayfabed pick of CM Punk could suggest a "changing of the guard" when it comes to "The Face of WWE." Punk beats The Miz and has a healthy reign as Intercontinental Champion, taking the title into the 2014 Royal Rumble, which he wins, cementing his shot at the WWE Champion. Parallels are drawn between this match and Hogan/Warrior from WrestleMania VI -- their past history fuelling it as well as the suggestion that CM Punk is quietly becoming more popular than John Cena. The execution is similar to Austin vs. Rock from WrestleMania X-7, with Punk talking about how he will do anything to beat Cena, with Cena just being Cena and seeming unrattled. The ending could go either way: CM Punk beating John Cena to close the show would be huge, but Cena could also surprise us all by doing "whatever it takes" to remain WWE Champion.

Streak on the Line
The Undertaker vs. Daniel Bryan

-Think about it: The Undertaker has his pick of WrestleMania opponent these days. He's worked with Daniel Bryan before (albeit as a tag team partner against The Shield). Daniel Bryan makes whoever he is in the ring with look good, and there is hardly a better worker than him in the industry today. Bryan also works a "realistic" style, which Taker has displayed an interest in (lots of striking, holds, etc.). There's also the backstory of Bryan being trained by Shawn Michaels, a man The Undertaker retired at WrestleMania XXVI. Taker has to be at least intrigued by the idea. In my dream world, The Undertaker, knowing his career is winding down, would actually submit to Daniel Bryan, who we now know is not a flash-in-the-pan -- he's a former World Heavyweight Champion (and I would actually have him defeat Alberto Del Rio for a second World Title at SummerSlam), Money in the Bank Winner, is over as hell, is still quite young, reliable, been in the WWE for an Olympiad and even if he was forced to retire the day after WrestleMania, it would merely cap-off a career that has been interesting. Bryan's not too big to make the win mean nothing, but he's not small enough that it would be a chip on his shoulder. It would also make an amazing story -- from the independent scene, to eliminating himself from NXT, to getting bumped from WrestleMania, to losing in 18 seconds, to teaming with The Undertaker's "brother," to beating the legend and making the mentor forced to retire at The Undertaker's hands proud. A Hall of Fame position sealed.

Special Guest Referee: Ric Flair
Triple H vs. Sting

-Every year rumors of Sting coming to the WWE pop up. Realistically, the window is closing on that possibility. Each year Sting weighs up what his career options are, and this year he lost a match to Bully Ray that implied he will never be a World Heavyweight Champion in TNA again. With the promotion allegedly cutting costs, the storyline of Sting's main event career in TNA winding down, another year down and there being literally nothing left for "The Icon" to do, a WWE run is not as unlikely as it seems. Triple H is reportedly a big fan of Sting, and he's managed to mend wounds with Bruno Sammartino. I'm sure he'd be up for trying to talk Sting into signing with the company. Many think that Sting vs. Undertaker is the "dream match," and yes, it is -- but would Sting sign a WWE deal just to put over his parallel rival? Triple H's last WrestleMania was a win against Brock Lesnar, plus he's fucking Triple H, he has nothing to lose by putting Sting over. Triple H, with his sledgehammer in tow, versus Sting, with his iconic baseball bat -- the two icons clashing with a man they both know very well presiding. Few things would feel as "special" as that. Triple H would tap to the Scorpion Deathlock, and Sting debuts at WrestleMania with a 1-0 record.

Blockbuster Attraction
Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock

-I'm actually not a big fan of this match happening, but the rumors are strong and there have even been allusions to it on the air. I guess the angle with this one would be the promotional support The Rock gets, whereas the man who defeated him to become the youngest WWE Champion of all-time (a record that holds still to this day) gets swept under the rug. The promo work between The Rock and Paul Heyman would certainly be interesting. Both men lost at WrestleMania last year, but while Brock's credibility thrives on him being a beast, The Rock was always able to put people over and remain, well, over. Plus, Lesnar has extended his deal with the WWE while The Rock's future is always up in the air. Lesnar winning with an F-5 on a PPV filled with lots of face wins would make perfect sense.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a Shot at Any Title
Chris Jericho vs. Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kane vs. The Miz vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Fandango vs. NXT Champion Sami Zayn

-Yes, the WWE has its Money in the Bank PPV each year, and it's quite a successful PPV at that. With that said, I could see Chris Jericho suggesting a return of the WrestleMania edition -- a Money in the Bank Ladder Match with an open shot at either the WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship. I've put this match higher on the card than the World Heavyweight Title match, because while this match would pre-date the World Title match, I plan to tell a story here. Jericho would suggest the match, and invite all former winners not already competing at WrestleMania XXX to contend. That means Del Rio, Swagger, Kane, The Miz and RVD are all in. RVD and The Miz also bring with them matching undefeated streaks at WrestleMania -- something has to give. Christian gets in because he's a Ladder Match veteran and has been so honorable in chasing that "one more match." Because it is a match that allows stars to "break-out," the NXT Champion is given a spot in the match, who I would have as Sami Zayn at this point in time. The guy is a great talker, multi-lingual, and although he lacks size, has a job for a reason. Fandango sneaks into the match, pointing out (in heelish fashion) that he is undefeated at WrestleMania as well, and beat Chris Jericho at Mania the year previous.

None of the former winners need to win the match. They can all challenge for a World Title at any given time. Jericho could win, but he's perpetually over and credible. Christian could also win, but what does it mean for him to end RVD and The Miz's WrestleMania streaks? Does he need that? That essentially narrows the pot to either Fandango or Sami Zayn. Now, here me out. While Fandango is amazing and awesome and sexy and all of that, he's already on the rise and there is concern over his history with concussions. But could you imagine Sami Zayn, so far from the prototypical WWE Superstar, overcoming all odds? Fandango beat Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 29 and got super-over; but Sami Zayn would beat the man who beat The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin in the same night; seven former World Champions; end three perfect WrestleMania records; slay a monster and become the most unlikely "guaranteed-to-be-a-future-World-Champion" ever. An icon for the kiddies, proving that anything is possible if you have heart, guts and determination. Why not? David Arquette did it.

World Heavyweight Championship
Wade Barrett (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

-I'd have Wade Barrett win the World Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match. He implies that he will cash-in at WrestleMania XXX, where he stands to make the most money. He finds then World Heavyweight Champion, Daniel Bryan, in a compromised situation and blind-sides him to become the first British World Champion in professional wrestling history, however. Bryan gets his rematch, but loses cleanly to Barrett -- setting Bryan on the path to prove himself again, which leads to him challenging The Undertaker. Dolph Ziggler, meanwhile, has been fighting to earn another shot at the World Heavyweight Title he feels was stolen from him. Ziggler wins an Elimination Chamber to earn the shot, and Barrett vs. Ziggler is set. Wade has been tearing through anyone put in front of him in ruthless, tyrannical fashion, and Ziggler has hopefully won over the fans' hearts. For some reason, however, I think that putting the World Title on Ziggler here would be overshadowed by other moments (Bryan ending the streak, Cena possibly turning or Punk defeating him, etc.). Is Ziggler top babyface potential? If he is, people will probably follow him anyway, and if he's not, then he can always turn heel, frustrated at the loss.

But after the match, I would do something really insane (pun kind of intended). Barrett is cockily celebrating his victory when the theme music of Sami Zayn, heard twice earlier in the night, plays. Sami Zayn comes out, still in his ring gear and cuts a promo saying that he knows he can pick the right time and place to become WWE or World Heavyweight Champion, but he doesn't want to be cheap. He doesn't want controversy surrounding his cashing in. Maybe he's stupid, but this is WrestleMania and he wants to cash in right now! Zayn says he may not beat Barrett, but people won't be able to say he didn't try. Barrett laughs at Zayn, as Sami hands the briefcase over to the referee. The two men have a big man/little man match, perhaps with Zayn getting some big moves in to surprise the crowd, but only getting two counts out of them. Barrett makes a heelish comeback, surprised as the tenacity of the NXT Champion, but also can't put Zayn away. An eventual distraction leads to a surprise return from Dolph Ziggler, who nails Barrett with a Zig Zag behind the referee's back. Zayn, realising what is going on, heads to the top rope and comes off with a Swanton Bomb-type move. He pins Barrett...1...2...3! Sami Zayn is the new World Heavyweight Champion! WWE.com puts up the headline "Zayn Zig Zags to Immortality" and Sami goes 2-0 in his WrestleMania debut, defeating nine men and doing what no one has ever done -- become a World Champion in his first night. Even if Zayn loses the title back to Barrett on SmackDown that week -- the moment and the memory is created, and that's what makes professional wrestling tick. Barrett looks strong by defending the title successfully at first, Dolph enacts babyface comeuppance and Zayn makes history. Maybe the kid will never be a star, but why not try? It won't cripple the company or anything like that.

Crazy 9 Tag Team Elimination Match
The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan) vs. The Hungry Apex Warriors (Randy Orton, Sheamus & Ryback) vs. The Biggest, The Strongest & The Smartest (Big Show, Mark Henry & Damien Sandow)

-Yes, this is a clusterfuck. JBL could hype it as a mix between the Triple Threat between the former Shield and the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. The Wyatt Family go on a tear, Harper & Rowan capturing the WWE Tag Team Championship at some point. They make an issue with Randy Orton & Sheamus, who need a parter to fight against The Family. They select a babyface Ryback, the man they originally wanted to help them in a fight against The Shield at WrestleMania the previous year. Big Show, who is reminded of his perceived betrayal by Orton & Sheamus at WrestleMania 29 forms an alliance with another giant, Mark Henry, who desperately feels he belongs on the grandest stage of them all. They are down one man, however, and while they feel thay can take on both teams by themselves, Damien Sandow approaches them and suggests that with Big Show being the biggest man in wrestling and Mark Henry being the strongest, if they aligned themselves with the smartest, they would be unstoppable. This match would not last too long, since it won't be pretty, but it would allow the spectacle of Ryback potentially Shell-Shocking Big Show. Sandow ends up taking the pin first, leading to recovered Big Show and pissed-off Mark Henry laying out everyone with Chokeslams, World's Strongest Slams and maybe even a Knockout Punch to Sandow. Although The Wyatt Family could benefit from a big win, I think giving the victory to the babyfaces would be a wise move, giving Sheamus, Orton & Ryback rebound wins from their WrestleMania losses this year.

Triple Threat Elimination Match for the United States Championship
Losers Must Leave WWE for 6 Months
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns

-The Shield will eventually implode. What better a stage for them to fight it out than WrestleMania? Mania-to-Mania stories aren't usually told these days, but The Shield being dominant at last year's WrestleMania and now imploding at this one could be compelling. The rivalry between these three heading into the event could lead to the three Superstars adding the stipulation that "the WWE isn't big enough for the three of them." They stipulate that the losers of this match must leave the WWE for a period of six months, leaving the winner to bask in the glory of defeating his former teammates. Ambrose does something super heelish to eliminate Roman Reigns (clocking him with the US Title belt seems fair enough) and then Ambrose and Rollins are left to battle it out. A recovered Reigns takes issue with Ambrose's tactics, however, and intervenes allowing Seth Rollins to take the US Title, banishing both Reigns and the man who eliminated him.

Mask vs. Mask
Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

-A match built on respect. The former tag team want to find out who the best luchador is and the stipulation is added that one will have to unmask, altering their career forever. Sin Cara defeats the former three-time World Champion and Rey gracefully reveals his face to the world (again) in what could be a swan song for him. If not, he can still always compete without the mask, with Sin Cara being the new faceless icon of the WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
06-29-2013, 04:26 AM
I'll only extend on the outcome of one match:

After becoming the new United States Champion, Seth Rollins is wrestling someone on RAW. Out of the crowd comes Dean Ambrose, in his Shield gear. He attacks Rollins, causing the DQ and then bails to the back before anyone can do anything about it. We eventually cut to Ambrose making a hasty retreat to a car when Vince McMahon intercepts him. "Hey, you! You! Dean Ambrose, I'm talking to you!" Ambrose stops and turns, agitated, to Vince McMahon. "What do you think you're doing here? The stipulations for that WrestleMania match were stupid, but you three agreed on them. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. You appearing here is in direct breach of that contract. Do you know what I have to do now? Dean Ambrose...YOU'RE..." at this point, Ambrose strikes Vince McMahon, knocking him to the ground. Ambrose proceeds to kick the crap out of Vince and tells him: "You fire me, you're firing your hottest prospect!"

The next week on RAW, Vince McMahon stands in the ring and says that a lot of people have been questioning the fate of Dean Ambrose, but he's here to set the record straight. We're not in the Attitude era any more and certain behaviours will not be tolerated. He's here to announce the official termination of...Seth Rollins interrupts Vince McMahon.

"Last week, Dean Ambrose didn't only attack you -- he attacked me, Vince." Rollins calling Mr. McMahon "Vince" would be a nice "I don't care what you think of me" touch. "I want to fight Dean Ambrose. The stipulations for the match were reckless and stupid, but I want you to lift them so that I can get my hands on Dean Ambrose and kick the crap out of him." Vince thinks about this and then yells at Rollins: "You want him so bad -- you've got him! But you'll get him at Extreme Rules, in just that -- an Extreme Rules Match! But I expect you to hurt him, Seth!"

So Rollins vs. Ambrose in an Extreme Rules Match for the US Title is announced. Roman Reigns appears in an interview on SmackDown and asked if he plans to pressure the WWE into letting him return. Reigns says that whether he was cheated or not, he lost the match, and he's many things, but most of all, he's a man of his word. He'll do his time, he'll serve his sentence, but when he comes back -- no one is safe. He'll be better than ever. "Believe that."

At Extreme Rules, Rollins and Ambrose beat the crap out of each other, and the finish of the match sees Rollins set Ambrose up on a table and climb a ladder. Rollins dives off, but Ambrose avoids the contact and Rollins crashes through the table causing "Holy shit!" chants to blare throughout the arena. Ambrose, in what was a "must win" situation for him, crawls into the cover and pins Seth Rollins to become the multi-time United States Champion.

seapig4
06-29-2013, 07:20 AM
I can get on bored with this card, I have missed the lack of a money in the bank match at Wrestlemania because I think it adds a spectacle to Wrestlemania which has been lacking in recent years.

I like the idea of Punk or indeed Cena having a run with the intercontinental belt, I always used to think of the intercontinental title being the final step to getting a main event shot and think that having it mixed in with the main event scene could help elevate the strap.

GD
06-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Dear Noid, you do understand that you come across as misogynistic for not including a single Divas match on the card. For the love of God, you didn't even add a pre-show / kick off match. You are slacking my friend.

Mr. Nerfect
06-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Women won't ever make any money in the WWE, Dave. :roll:

Curd
06-29-2013, 08:36 PM
I'd pay to see Noid's card. And with no Diva matches, I'd be sure to piss during 'Taker's long entrance.

Mr. Nerfect
06-29-2013, 10:46 PM
I love the ladies, but I just couldn't fit them on. Maybe they can cut down some some of the usual stuff they do at WrestleMania and squeeze them on? Would love to see Kharma vs. Paige. There are quite a few ladies who feel "WrestleMania worthy" at the moment, to be honest. Maybe they can do a Divas Battle Royal for the championship, with most of the girls competing in it. Kharma, who would have been a dominant Women's Champion up to this point (in my dreams), would clean house, but find herself the target of a united effort against her. A group of women -- Paige, Emma, Summer Rae, Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Tamina Snuka, Kaitlyn, etc. all work together to dump out Kharma, meaning a new Women's Champion will be crowned. As it looks like Paige is about to win the match, a mystery woman hits the ring and tosses out Paige. It's NXT trainer, Sara Del Rey, she tosses Paige over the top and to the floor, eliminating her under orders of Stephanie McMahon (who has disliked Paige and her "anti-Diva" attitude). Beth Phoenix & Natalya fight near the ropes and get dumped out by Emma, who then does her zany dancing. AJ Lee manages to edge out Kaitlyn and its between her and Emma, AJ Lee gets Emma in the Black Widow, but Emma manages to somehow counter and edge AJ out of the ring to become the new Women's Champion.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qNB8RAri1Ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She gets in some kids to dance with her as AJ Lee leaves, scorned. Oh, and at some point during the match, you need to have Emma's position in the match hinging on whether or not she can pull herself up through the ropes.

Emma vs. AJ Lee is set up pretty easily from this, as well as Kharma having a hit-list and Paige would be fighting against the woman who trained her. Storylines everywhere for the girls!

James Steele
06-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Noid, you had me until the Sami Zayn bullshit.

Mr. Nerfect
06-30-2013, 03:02 AM
You could make it someone else.

Shisen Kopf
06-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Tatanka and Bushwhackers in a gimmick battle royal has to happen

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2013, 04:08 AM
WTF? I thought I booked that as the semi-main event. Shit.