PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown SPOILERS - 5th of July 2013 Edition **Now Updated with 10/31/14 Spoilers**

slik
07-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks to Ricardo for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from Tuesday’s tapings in Houston, Texas:

* Big Show kicks off SmackDown and gets a “yes!” chant going for a video that they’re sending to Daniel Bryan in support of his comeback. Show informs everyone that Bryan needs another elbow surgery.

* The Divas Halloween Costume Battle Royal is next. Brie Bella is not in the match as she was advertised to be. Nikki Bella ends up getting the win. Nikki taunted AJ Lee, who was on commentary, after the match. Paige was dressed as Summer Rae and there was some good comedy.

* Seth Rollins, Kane, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble come out for a promo.

* Kane defeated Dolph Ziggler in a non-title match. Rollins attacked Ziggler and beat him down after the match.

* Mercury and Noble join in on the beatdown to Ziggler. Ziggler is ordered into a match against Rollins. Rollins quickly defeats Ziggler.

* Ryback squashes Heath Slater, who was dressed as a Scarecrow.

* Miz TV with Damien Sandow and The Miz is next. There are a lot of pumpkins and Halloween decorations set up. Mark Henry is their guest. Henry rips Big Show, leading to Show making his way out. They end up brawling and Henry sends Show crashing through the barrier.

* Los Matadores defeated Stardust and Goldust in a non-title match.

* Rusev defeated The Great Khali.

* CM Punk comes down to the ring to open SmackDown. Punk talks about winning the WWE Title Money in the Bank match and brings up Brock Lesnar. Alberto Del Rio comes out and wants Punk off "his" show. Punk rips into Del Rio and the fans start chanting "USA." Teddy Long comes out and makes Punk vs. Del Rio for tonight's main event.

* Backstage segment with Punk and Paul Heyman. Heyman wonders if Punk can take Del Rio in the ring tonight. Heyman wants to be in Punk's corner for Money in the Bank but Punk says "no".

1 - The Usos def. Rhodes Scholas after hitting a double-splash on Sandow. After the match, The Shield appear on the big screen and promise to bring justice to The Usos at Money in the Bank.

2 - Alicia Fox def. Kaitlyn when AJ Lee came out and skipped around the ring, distracting Kaitlyn, allowing Fox to roll-up her up.

3 - Randy Orton def. Christian. Orton gave Christian an RKO and then pinned him.

* Backstage, Paul Heyman and Teddy Long talked. Long wanted Heyman at the commentary table for the Punk-Del Rio main event, and Long said he would not take "no" for an answer.

4 - Dolph Ziggler def. Drew McIntyre with a zig-zag. 3MB tried several times to attack Ziggler after the match but Dolph kept embarrassing them.

5 - Fandango def. Justin Gabriel with a top-rope elbow.

* Zeb Colter, Antonio Cesaro, and Jack Swagger cut a promo about the Fourth of July.

6 - Alberto Del Rio v. C.M. Punk went to a double count-out. The wrestlers were fighting on the floor when Punk got thrown over the announce table. Del Rio then attacked Heyman at commentary. Punk then used the commentary table to launch himself onto Del Rio and they fought, eventually going over the barricade and into the crowd, resulting in the count-out.

After the match, Punk threw Del Rio back into the ring and hit the GTS to end the show.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/155/858/aldomontoya_display_image_display_image.jpg?1312431617

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/t/tatanka/16.jpg

Shisen Kopf
07-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Hmmm

Savio
07-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Heyman on commentary :y:

Shisen Kopf
07-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Heyman on commentary :y:

Cassette tape the audio or video tape?

slik
07-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Laserdisc.

Lock Jaw
07-02-2013, 11:32 PM
3 - Randy Orton def. Christian. Orton gave Christian an RKO and then pinned him.

:mad::mad::foc::mad::mad:

F*** THE RANDY ORTON

Heisenberg
07-03-2013, 12:07 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1nk4oFylV30/UCPNKiCbT9I/AAAAAAAAAqQ/4tz1QtHqnno/s1600/vlcsnap-00001.jpg

Zeb Stable might be worth the DVR action

Bad News Gertner
07-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Can't wait till Christian is jobbing to Bo Dallas

DAMN iNATOR
07-03-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm assuming "resulting in the count-out" means it was a double count-out? If not, who was counted out, Punk or Del Rio?

Bad News Gertner
07-03-2013, 07:35 AM
......it says right in the beginning of the match result

Shisen Kopf
07-03-2013, 07:58 AM
I'm assuming "resulting in the count-out" means it was a double count-out? If not, who was counted out, Punk or Del Rio?

It was a double-count out where the faggot spic and the faggot chicagoan both lost and are now going to go pick cotton together.

Big Vic
07-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Well that's a weird stipulation

Dukelorange
07-03-2013, 05:48 PM
While I'm glad that Alicia Fox got the win, could she be put back in the hunt for the Title as well. I liked her as a he'll champ. She didn't have to say anything.

MoFo
07-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Might have to lend Shisen's cassette to listen to Heyman on teh commentary.

Savio
07-03-2013, 06:14 PM
While I'm glad that Alicia Fox got the win, could she be put back in the hunt for the Title as well. I liked her as a he'll champ. She didn't have to say anything.
I think she had a few promos

Mr. Nerfect
07-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Good show, I thought. Orton vs. Christian fucking rocked. Those two work so well together. The ending made sense, as Christian merely made one mistake and Orton capitalised.

Road Warrior
07-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Good show, I thought. Orton vs. Christian fucking rocked. Those two work so well together. The ending made sense, as Christian merely made one mistake and Orton capitalised.

I was at this show. Orton/ Christian was a very good match especially considering he wrestled Sandow in a 20 minute match for Main Event about an hour and half before, which was also very good.

BizarroKing
07-05-2013, 08:43 PM
I wanna say, is it just me or does Todd Pettengill and Aldo Montoya look quite similar?

Mr. Nerfect
07-05-2013, 10:53 PM
I was at this show. Orton/ Christian was a very good match especially considering he wrestled Sandow in a 20 minute match for Main Event about an hour and half before, which was also very good.

Christian and Sandow both worked twice on the show, but Christian, especially, put so much effort in and looked tremendous. I'm sure he scored some points backstage for that.

Mr. Nerfect
07-05-2013, 10:54 PM
I've got to be honest, though -- I can't stand it how Christian goes for the Spear. I try to suspend disbelief and tell myself that for his size, Christian always packs a punch, and that he was "taught the Spear by the master," but it just doesn't look believable. Against certain opponents, yeah, I'll bite -- but Damien Sandow or Randy Orton really sweating the Spear is kind of silly.

Shisen Kopf
07-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Goddamn it. My VCR ate my tape and the whole thing isn't working now. I went to the mall to get a new one from Montogomery Ward but damn, it's not there anymore, da fuck?? One of the guys at some place called Best Buy said I'd have to order one on amazon or some shit. No idea what he was talking about. What store carries VCRs?

GD
07-06-2013, 01:15 AM
I am going to the Smackdown after the MITB pay-per-view.

tman220
10-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Thank you for your patience

Big Show kicks off SmackDown and gets a "yes!" chant going for a video that they're sending to Daniel Bryan in support of his comeback. Show informs everyone that Bryan needs another elbow surgery.

The Divas Halloween Costume Battle Royal is next. Brie Bella is not in the match as she was advertised to be. Nikki Bella ends up getting the win. Nikki taunted AJ Lee, who was on commentary, after the match. Paige was dressed as Summer Rae and there was some good comedy.

Seth Rollins, Kane, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble come out for a promo.

Kane defeated Dolph Ziggler in a non-title match. Rollins attacked Ziggler and beat him down after the match.

more to come....

Savio
10-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Does Kane only win on smackdown?

Ruien
10-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Fuck you tman.

Emperor Smeat
10-28-2014, 10:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tqOgQHh.gif

The Slik Smackdown Empire sends their regards.

Thanks to Ricardo for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from Tuesday’s tapings in Houston, Texas:

* Big Show kicks off SmackDown and gets a “yes!” chant going for a video that they’re sending to Daniel Bryan in support of his comeback. Show informs everyone that Bryan needs another elbow surgery.

* The Divas Halloween Costume Battle Royal is next. Brie Bella is not in the match as she was advertised to be. Nikki Bella ends up getting the win. Nikki taunted AJ Lee, who was on commentary, after the match. Paige was dressed as Summer Rae and there was some good comedy.

* Seth Rollins, Kane, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble come out for a promo.

* Kane defeated Dolph Ziggler in a non-title match. Rollins attacked Ziggler and beat him down after the match.

* Mercury and Noble join in on the beatdown to Ziggler. Ziggler is ordered into a match against Rollins. Rollins quickly defeats Ziggler.

* Ryback squashes Heath Slater, who was dressed as a Scarecrow.

* Miz TV with Damien Sandow and The Miz is next. There are a lot of pumpkins and Halloween decorations set up. Mark Henry is their guest. Henry rips Big Show, leading to Show making his way out. They end up brawling and Henry sends Show crashing through the barrier.

* Los Matadores defeated Stardust and Goldust in a non-title match.

* Rusev defeated The Great Khali.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Who is Damien Sandow? Ricardo. You got some splainin' to dooooo

#1-norm-fan
10-28-2014, 11:26 PM
The "champion loses non-title matches" strategy doesn't seem to help guys look strong and get over. What to do. I GOT IT! Let's have them start losing TWICE a night!

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-28-2014, 11:33 PM
The "champion loses non-title matches" strategy doesn't seem to help guys look strong and get over. What to do. I GOT IT! Let's have them start losing TWICE a night!

Except that he won twice at the PPV against Cesaro. It's about making him look beatable so when he wins at the PPV it is a bigger deal.

Both secondary champions titles were at serious risk at Hell in a Cell but both retained.

If they didn't lose as much on Raw and Smackdown before the risk wouldn't have been that big.

You and JR seem to have a dysfunction at the junction on this idea.

Mr. Pierre
10-28-2014, 11:40 PM
There are much more creative ways to make a character appear vulnerable rather than having him lose matches. It's just flat-out lazy booking.

#1-norm-fan
10-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Except that he won twice at the PPV against Cesaro. It's about making him look beatable so when he wins at the PPV it is a bigger deal.

Both secondary champions titles were at serious risk at Hell in a Cell but both retained.

If they didn't lose as much on Raw and Smackdown before the risk wouldn't have been that big.

You and JR seem to have a dysfunction at the junction on this idea.

Losing matches constantly doesn't get your champion over. It makes them seem weak and makes them holding a title seem like a fluke as opposed to an accomplishment.

In short, lolSTD.

Droford
10-28-2014, 11:55 PM
What does Rusev have against India?

#1-norm-fan
10-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Hey look. Goldust and Stardust lost to Los Matadores in a non-title match too. That will definitely help make them look like credible champions because... STD logic.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-29-2014, 12:04 AM
Hey look. Goldust and Stardust lost to Los Matadores in a non-title match too. That will definitely help make them look like credible champions because... STD logic.

It would make Los Matadores into a credible threat to the tag team championships. It would make Star and Goldust look better when they successfully defend the titles against them. LOL WWFfan logic. Champions have to win every single match because wins and losses matter in a fake sport.

#1-norm-fan
10-29-2014, 12:06 AM
If wins and losses don't matter in a fake sport, why in the fuck does Goldust and Stardust winning the title match matter, you blithering idiot?

#1-norm-fan
10-29-2014, 12:07 AM
And what is the point of watching the matches to begin with?

#1-norm-fan
10-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Let's have Brock Lesnar lose to Zack Ryder so that Zack Ryder looks credible when he loses to Brock Lesnar. Genius.

Tazz Dan
10-29-2014, 12:16 AM
Losing matches constantly doesn't get your champion over. It makes them seem weak and makes them holding a title seem like a fluke as opposed to an accomplishment.

In short, lolSTD.

He won a Best of 3 falls match at the PPV in 2 falls, and went over Kane in a strong match on Raw before closing the show doing a run in to help Cena. The fallout out from this was him joining Team Cena at Survivor Series, and he got beaten down in that continued storyline on Smackdown. In another report I read, the second 'match' was only 30 seconds.

I wouldn't say he was made to look like a weak champion, but instead it took Kane, Rollins, Mercury, and Noble to beat him down to lose. I'd say that makes him look far from weak.

Tazz Dan
10-29-2014, 12:17 AM
But I do agree with the fact champions shouldn't lose regularly, I don't think this is the case with Dolph though. He's been booked strong over the last few weeks.

#1-norm-fan
10-29-2014, 12:21 AM
I'm speaking on the booking strategy in general more than Ziggler specifically. The whole idea of the champion losing on a nearly weekly basis in order to make him look weak for an upcoming match is ridiculous. It's been happening for years now. Not just the midcard titles either. It happened with Punk when he was champion.

Los Matadores beating Goldust and Stardust might actually be a better example.

Tazz Dan
10-29-2014, 12:32 AM
I totally agree, it shits me off. But yeah, Ziggler was probably a bad example to go with at the moment :y:

slik
10-29-2014, 01:32 AM
tman220 if you are going to post the spoilers you are going to have to "actually post them".

smh.

Tazz Dan
10-29-2014, 04:10 AM
I don't know what you're talking about slik :shifty:

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-29-2014, 04:53 AM

She was a great "Undefined Divas' Champion"

DAMN iNATOR
10-29-2014, 05:08 AM
So I guess after reading that first bit, assuming it's not a work, we can forget about Bryan returning next month...? :(

XL
10-29-2014, 06:03 AM
It would make Los Matadores into a credible threat to the tag team championships. It would make Star and Goldust look better when they successfully defend the titles against them. LOL WWFfan logic. Champions have to win every single match because wins and losses matter in a fake sport.

Awful, awful logic.

How about Los Matadores string a number of wins over other teams in the division en route to winning a match to become #1 Contenders? A little bit of investment.

Instead, we get 'Insta-contenders' when they get an "upset" win over the reigning champions. Thing is, how is it an "upset" if it happens on every show? Then, when the champs win the one match that matters, we go through the same process with another team.

Boring.

Shisen Kopf
10-29-2014, 08:11 AM
Tman is ruining the Smackdown spoilers. He's doing it all wrong and he always forgets to tell us what Owen White is up to. Not gonna tape out of spite.

VSG
10-29-2014, 09:05 AM
Glad I didn't go to the tapings, always a bad idea to go for Smackdown these days and more so if it is a holiday episode.

Ruien
10-29-2014, 09:17 AM

Pretty sure there was interference which gets Kane the win.

GD
10-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Awful, awful logic.

How about Los Matadores string a number of wins over other teams in the division en route to winning a match to become #1 Contenders? A little bit of investment.

Instead, we get 'Insta-contenders' when they get an "upset" win over the reigning champions. Thing is, how is it an "upset" if it happens on every show? Then, when the champs win the one match that matters, we go through the same process with another team.

Boring.

Was thinking of a scenario where the #1 contendership for the WWE tag team titles is up for grabs in a tag team turmoil match and Los Matadores eliminate "Slator Gator" only to find out that their next opponents are Primo and Epico. Now that's comedy done right.

Mr. Nerfect
10-31-2014, 08:33 PM
#1-wwf-fan is right. The "champion loses a non-title match" trope is one of my least favorite in professional wrestling. If you are the champion, you should be on the top of your game. Beating them should make the person who beats them the champion -- not the contender. This parity booking makes it hard for guys to break away from the mid-card, and it makes it hard for Joe Average to get behind the characters and give two shits about the titles.

Sheamus vs. Rusev was set up in such a great way. Rusev has defeated the biggest, he's defeated the strongest -- now he wants to defeat the champion. Sheamus accepts because he's a fighting champion, but is his pride leading to a fall? Gasp! Actual story.

Los Matadores beat the champions? They should be the champions. Why not switch the titles on Halloween and then have the heels come out and have Goldust play the cagey heel veteran and claim that he was injured and let his younger brother down, and use that worm themselves into a rematch at Survivor Series? Maybe Gold & Stardust beat Los Matadores, who are so desperate to get a title shot because they know they can be champions that they put their masks on the line? Maybe Los Matadores challenge Gold & Stardust, who don't take them seriously, so Diego y Fernando have to prove themselves in the coming weeks? Give them an actual story.

The Dolph stuff makes little sense to me, because why wouldn't Kane force Dolph to defend the IC Title every time he steps into the ring? What would the harm have been having Kane force Dolph to defend the IC Title against him on RAW, only for Dolph to escape with the win? That would mean Kane would be your current IC Champion, but why not? Dolph can see Kane holding his IC Title and that can be a fuel to push him harder at Survivor Series. Dolph can make it his mission to eliminate Kane at SS so that he can prove he is still the rightful champion. The title is being ignored in this story so far.

Mr. Nerfect
10-31-2014, 08:34 PM
The Usos vs. Miz & Mizdown is a better tag team feud right now, because there are actual developments there. The Usos are rebounding from their Tag Title loss and The Miz and Mizdown have legitimate gripes. Story.

Emperor Smeat
10-31-2014, 08:47 PM
:lol: Heath Slater

Lock Jaw
10-31-2014, 09:01 PM
I was entertained by AJ Lee on commentary during the battle royal..... also entertained by WWE Paige dressing as Summer Rae.

Mr. Nerfect
10-31-2014, 09:21 PM
I was entertained, aroused and a little saddened by Paige on SmackDown. Saddened just because she should be the Divas Division's biggest face right now. She and Cesaro had the ball dropped pretty hard on them earlier in the year. But she's still around and getting time to shine, so that's a great thing.

AJ getting in touch with that "Look at how we girls are treated" character can only be a good thing for the division. Nikki Bella is next in line for the Divas Title, and whilst I much prefer AJ, I actually hope Brie is forced to help Nikki win the title, which can be used to fuel an intriguing multi-faceted rivalry there.