PDA

View Full Version : Aj Styles

Cuse8
08-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Per front page The Phenomenal ones contract is up in a couple weeks. thoughts or odds of him heading to WWE?

Savio
08-22-2013, 01:23 PM
I sincerely hope he does, He is not used to his full potential in TNA. He won't be in WWE either but he might as well be paid more.

bigslimjj
08-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Hopefully he won't go anywhere. WWE would take a squat over his tna reputation.There is a reason Abyss,Roode,Joe,Kaz etc. have either went and came back...or stayed with TNA.

Damian Rey
08-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Slim and none. Only legitimate homegrown star they've made.

bigslimjj
08-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I sincerely hope he does, He is not used to his full potential in TNA. He won't be in WWE either but he might as well be paid more.I agree he is SOOOO much better then what we are seeing right now. When he beat Jarrett for the title with Tito Ortiz reffing it had TNA on somewhat of a roll for a minute. Then they just faded the push like TNA tends to do...Shit maybe I should re think my first post.lol

Wake Up Call
08-22-2013, 01:29 PM
I think AJ Styles in WWE would be.........

Phenomenal!

Won't happen, but I would love to see him go against guys like Punk and Bryan.

Chavo Classic
08-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Might have been a good move for him a couple of years ago, but I think the ship has now sailed for AJ. There are better wrestlers at a younger age already in the WWE and coming up through NXT.

Fignuts
08-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Yeah, honestly don't know if they'd even be interested.

Juan
08-22-2013, 03:10 PM
If he is gonna go to WWE it has to be now. Dude's not getting any younger.

ron the dial
08-22-2013, 03:12 PM
i don't see wwe being interested in any way.

Ultra Mantis
08-22-2013, 03:17 PM
If Roode didn't try to jump ship when he had the chance I can't see AJ Styles even considering it. Much less likely to get picked up and would probably just end up in ROH or Japan.

Savio
08-22-2013, 03:29 PM
AJ Style's

Cuse8
08-22-2013, 04:21 PM
you know wwe would change his name and completely butcher it

james styling

Savio
08-22-2013, 04:24 PM
"We don't want people confusing you with AJ Lee"

Lock Jaw
08-22-2013, 04:26 PM
I think he ruined any chances of going to WWE by tattooing a giant "AJ" on his torso.

Lock Jaw
08-22-2013, 04:28 PM
AJ "I just want my kids back" Styles is what his current look reminds me of

Ultra Mantis
08-22-2013, 04:48 PM
They could always call him Azrael Jossdog and bring him in as AJ Lee's's childhood sweetheart to credibly explain his awful tattoos.

loopydate
08-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I think he ruined any chances of going to WWE by tattooing a giant "AJ" on his torso.

Singlet.

I could see them bringing him in as an "Indy star" like Punk, Bryan, and Cesaro, but he wouldn't go far.

Fignuts
08-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Or they could just, you know, ignore the tattoo. They're very good at ignoring things.

Razzamajazz
08-22-2013, 08:35 PM
he could go to japan and still have a good career

road doggy dogg
08-22-2013, 11:01 PM
I like AJ Styles. In fact, probably the only thing I've ever liked about TNA. Are they not going to re-sign him? Don't understand how this is a huge story

Lock Jaw
08-22-2013, 11:03 PM
They've released "SoCal Val". That should free up some dough!

James Steele
08-22-2013, 11:11 PM
I'd love a months long feud between Kofi and AJ over the US/IC Title.

glanville6
08-22-2013, 11:18 PM

You know what? Not saying its a good idea, but it is an idea, because they would totally give him a new gimmick, but with the AJ tattoo...

He COULD come in as a man obsessed with AJ, so much so he had her name tattooed on his torso.

Again, not saying that its something they should do, but its something they can do if that is going to be a problem.

James Steele
08-23-2013, 01:22 AM
Just make his initials AJ.

Aaron Jones
Aiken Jologastein
Abbott Jostle
Alonzo Jagzinsky
Abner Jokowitz
Adam Jackson
Adler Jorgenson

James Steele
08-23-2013, 01:24 AM
Agamemnon Jenks

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-23-2013, 01:25 AM
I don't think so. Taz tried to get back to the WWE and I heard something from Triple H like "we don't need anybody tna has" as to why it didn't happen.

James Steele
08-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Abediah "JoJo"' Johnson

James Steele
08-23-2013, 01:28 AM
I don't think so. Taz tried to get back to the WWE and I heard something from Triple H like "we don't need anybody tna has" as to why it didn't happen.

I can think of about 3 names TNA has that WWE would let back in. I don't mind them denying guys who try to return. Tazz coming back wouldn't accomplish anything worth his asking price, and I don't necessarily think Tazz's announcing style fits in the current WWE presentation.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-23-2013, 01:29 AM
Allen Styles cousin of Joey Numbers.

whiteyford
08-23-2013, 01:51 AM
He works a fairly limited schedule for TNA and is allegedly on decent money, why would he want to jump and work a full time schedule to get jobbed out on nxt? Unless he's getting the Sin Cara gimmick.

Cool King
08-23-2013, 02:02 AM

I completely forgot that he had that awful tattoo.

But I don't think the WWE would be interested. I think the only way he'll make it into the WWE is if Vince wants to claim that he's had every major wrestler work for him.

He managed to get Goldberg, he's been chasing Sting for a while and even though Styles isn't anywhere near those names, a "TNA Legend" that has been with that company from Day 1, ending up working for Vince, would be a "feather in his cap".

James Steele
08-23-2013, 02:05 AM
Not really. In the WWE Universe, he'd be stealing Michelle McCool's finisher.

Cool King
08-23-2013, 02:06 AM
The kids would be confused.

"Why is he doing a girl's finisher?"

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-23-2013, 02:13 AM
Crash Holly stole it too, but the kids wouldn't remember that. Hell they might not even remember who Michelle McCool was.

Anybody Thrilla
08-23-2013, 04:16 AM
Austin Aries would be a much bigger coup for WWE than AJ currently. When is HIS contract up?

#BROKEN Hasney
08-23-2013, 04:18 AM
The kids would be confused.

"Why is he doing a girl's finisher?"

All he has to do is put his arm over their crotch and BOOM, mans finisher, eh Cesaro?

Tom Guycott
08-24-2013, 12:10 AM

like loopy said, "singlet".

Or, they'll go the Rey Rey route and make him wear sleeveless muscle shirts. OR he'd be back to his Air Raid flight suit... until they make him marketable enough for his own shirt, which he'd then wear all the time like Brock Lesnar (presumably to cover the penis sword) when he isn't on PPV.

Nicky Fives
08-24-2013, 10:43 AM
If he is gonna go to WWE it has to be now. Dude's not getting any younger.

100% accurate, but I do not see it happening.....

Savio
08-24-2013, 10:52 AM
If he does sign with WWE do you think he will have a better run than his last stint with WWE?

glanville6
08-24-2013, 11:30 AM
If he does sign with WWE do you think he will have a better run than his last stint with WWE?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xjLuF8vN84Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mighty Molly!

road doggy dogg
08-24-2013, 11:43 AM
terrible announcing, jesus christ
crossrine

Mr. Nerfect
08-24-2013, 10:04 PM
TNA should really do their absolute best to re-sign Styles, but it's their loss if they don't. Wherever Styles goes he'll be pretty great. If he's a free agent, ROH would be foolish to not make him an offer.

Fox
08-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Styles has never had the charisma to be a true WWE player. He's incredible in the ring, but he has nothing to offer as a "character." Maybe if they brought him in as a Paul Heyman guy and had Paul tout him as the most athletically gifted wrestler in the world, it could work. But as a single entity, AJ doesn't have much to offer the WWE. There are a lot of guys on the roster now who have much more charisma, interesting characters, and while they may not be able to "go" like AJ has proven he can, they make up for that in other areas of their repetoires.

Someone like Christopher Daniels or Austin Aries would be much better fits in WWE.

mike adamle
08-25-2013, 01:37 AM
AJ Styles brought in as a Paul Heyman Guy to combat CM Punk for Heyman would be incredible.

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-25-2013, 02:54 AM
TNA should really do their absolute best to re-sign Styles, but it's their loss if they don't. Wherever Styles goes he'll be pretty great. If he's a free agent, ROH would be foolish to not make him an offer.

Do you think ROH could afford him at this point in his career? Not really up on how well ROH is doing. You think he'd take the some sort of discounted rate to thank them for what they did for his career?

Cuse8
08-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Do you think ROH could afford him at this point in his career? Not really up on how well ROH is doing. You think he'd take the some sort of discounted rate to thank them for what they did for his career?

yea I really dont think ROH can afford him. same here that Im not really up to date on my ROH knowledge, but I would have to imagine right now hes making more than the whole ROH roster combined, so that would have to be a major paycut

Mr. Nerfect
08-31-2013, 11:44 PM
I imagine it'd be a work of passion and an attempt to put the company on the map, get people buzzing about it and using that to prove his worth. I'm not sure how Styles is set up with his finances and stuff though. Maybe being a Paul Heyman Guy would be the best thing for him?

GD
09-01-2013, 12:20 AM
I don't remember any prominent TNA wrestler to have gone to the WWE other than that of Low Ki. WWE did a terrible job at re-introducing Christian Cage back on their ECW brand. Some of the credit goes to the amazing commentary skills of Todd Grisham.

I believe that it would be a huge deal if WWE were to run vignettes and have him debut in New York or Chicago.

Fignuts
09-01-2013, 01:15 AM
I imagine it'd be a work of passion and an attempt to put the company on the map, get people buzzing about it and using that to prove his worth. I'm not sure how Styles is set up with his finances and stuff though. Maybe being a Paul Heyman Guy would be the best thing for him?

The whole reason this is happening is because AJ wants more money. If he's willing to leave TNA over it, there's no chance he's going to ROH. It's resigning with TNA, WWE, or NJPW.

Tom Guycott
09-01-2013, 02:38 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xjLuF8vN84Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mighty Molly!

VERTIBREAKER!

Juan
09-01-2013, 03:17 AM
Helms was just on Steve Austin's podcast. Pretty interesting stuff

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-01-2013, 04:22 AM
Yeah it was interesting to hear what he thought about the Invasion and the rest of his career in general. It was a bit depressing at the end.

OldSchoolFan
09-01-2013, 10:06 AM
I need to listen to that... he seemed pretty cool at the show I saw him at last weekend.

XL
09-01-2013, 03:38 PM
The whole reason this is happening is because AJ wants more money. If he's willing to leave TNA over it, there's no chance he's going to ROH. It's resigning with TNA, WWE, or NJPW.

It's not always that straight forward. This is a guy that has put 10 years into TNA and arguably the guy to put them on the map in the first place, there's a sense that they owe it to him to pay him a big sum and if TNA won't do that I could see him going elsewhere for less money. It's not just about the cash figure, it's about the company paying him back for what he's done for them.

Heisenberg
09-01-2013, 03:52 PM
He is one of my favorite non-WWE wrasslers, one of the few to utilize the word "piss" in his promos. I'd welcome him to RAW with open hands and shit

Heisenberg
09-01-2013, 03:57 PM
I doubt he will leave due to the well known fact that he eats Dixie Carter's fresh hairy snatch like every day, gets checks from her every day, ay ay.

I bet she shits on his chest every week. Something has to break when those good righteous public figures try to convince the public that they are 100% bible thumping

Heisenberg
09-01-2013, 04:09 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/41319_442172527744_3566455_n.jpg

"AJ, don't leave, we still have many sexual fantasies to play out. Do you know who I am? I gave Bully Ray that saying to use, but we know where it originated from right? Bitch don't front. You gotta stay at TNA, unless you want to get jobbed out to Randy Orton on primetime and eat out Linda's coochy. Fine then go. Lord knows I could use a new sugar blossom to butter my butthole."

erickman
09-01-2013, 05:34 PM
AJ Styles brought in as a Paul Heyman Guy to combat CM Punk for Heyman would be incredible.

or he could come in as a trips vince guy and fued with bryan.