PDA

View Full Version : FFXI

Bad Guy
12-20-2003, 03:38 AM
so who's got this on PC? any good?

Apocolyptik1
12-20-2003, 03:39 AM
I got it...yes its good, you wanna ask me any questions? I can answer them for you if you like.

Bad Guy
12-20-2003, 03:41 AM
I got it...yes its good, you wanna ask me any questions? I can answer them for you if you like.
1) how do they do the monthly fee (not big on games with fees but give it a shot) is it like a game card or do you need credit card?
2) what is the fighting system like?
that's all for now.

LoDownM
12-20-2003, 12:02 PM
You get a 30 day trail when you buy the game. then its 12.95 after the trail. Unless you have more then one character thens its an extra $1 a month.

LoDownM
12-20-2003, 12:10 PM
Doh :o Forgot it, you gotta have a credit card or debit card.

Apocolyptik1
12-20-2003, 04:06 PM
1. Yes, LoDownM got it. Free 30 day trial on both the terra master and FFXI. You pick a content ID, which I believe is like 2.50. 1 Content Id per character. But the thing about the game is that you can job you job and subjob after you do the quest for it, at any time. So you really dont need any more then 1 character. After the Trial period it is 12.95 a month.
2. The battle system is almost the exact same as everquest if you have played that. Turn-based between you and monsters. In the game you do also get special abilities depending on what job you are. The abilities you get in FFT with certain jobs are the same ones you can get in FFXI (i.e. spinning fist with the monk is attained after you get a certain amount of Hand-to-Hand points built up and jump with the dragoon class is given after you gain a certain amount of levels).

You can be any class with any 1 character. The 6 base jobs are warrior, black mage, white mage, red mage, monk, and theif. After you get up to 18th level you can go on a subjob quest where in you get to pick a sub-job to go along with your main job. Your sub-job is always half of the level of your main job. I currently have a 22lvl monk/ 11lvl warrior. If you want to change your job, you go to your mog house and can change either main job or sub-job. At level 30 you can go on quests to get advaned jobs such as paladin, samurai, ninja, dragoon, summoner, bard and others. At level 20 you get to ride chocobo's which is great for traveling. The game does start off a little slow, but as you get used to the party system it begins to speed up a lot faster. If you havent played a mmorpg, this game is probably a good one to start with.

I would suggest any play it. It is really addicting at first. I played the game for hours on end for 2 weeks straight, and I burned myself out on it. So I am taking a break from that right now and got me the new NwN expansion: Hordes of the Underdark. I will go back to playing FFXI though. My name is Gruumsh and I am on the Gilgamesh server.

Apocolyptik1
12-20-2003, 04:07 PM
change your job....job you job....wow, sorry just woke up

Bad Guy
12-20-2003, 07:20 PM
thanks guys