PDA

View Full Version : Things I noticed by watching too much WWE

scatterbrain28
09-23-2013, 10:34 AM
You watch WWE for a while, you notice things that are way too consistent:

If there is a match with more than 3 people competing (Fatal 4 way, etc.), champion always keeps the belt.

When Undertaker goes up for the title, he doesn't get it because heel champion gets another guy to interfere on his behalf.

Undertaker always holds the belt in a creatively slow period (I love the guy but either give him the belt or stop jerking us around).

When a feud for the IC belt heats up, gets decided in a ladder match (not a streetfight, not last man standing).

Vince isn't as creative as he thinks he is.

Asmo
09-23-2013, 11:09 AM
During a wrestling match, a RAW, SmackDown! or any other WWE TV show goes to break when both / one of the wrestlers is on the floor, outside the ring.

Savio
09-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Interesting segments only happen at the top of the hour.

The Condor
09-23-2013, 11:54 AM
I think Lillian Garcia is about a 7. Great legs and body for her age. Face can be ignored.

Razzamajazz
09-23-2013, 11:56 AM
you can only pin someone by hooking the leg

Poit
09-23-2013, 12:36 PM
If there is a match with more than 3 people competing (Fatal 4 way, etc.), champion always keeps the belt.

Didn't Jack Swagger lose the WHC in a fatal 4-way?

Unless you're an exhausted Shawn Michaels falling on your opponent after a Sweet Chin Music.

XL
09-23-2013, 01:15 PM
During a wrestling match, a RAW, SmackDown! or any other WWE TV show goes to break when both / one of the wrestlers is on the floor, outside the ring.

And when you come back from commercial the heel always has the face in a "rest hold" of some kind.

Juan
09-23-2013, 11:34 PM
You watch WWE for a while, you notice things that are way too consistent:

When Undertaker goes up for the title, he doesn't get it because heel champion gets another guy to interfere on his behalf.

Undertaker always holds the belt in a creatively slow period (I love the guy but either give him the belt or stop jerking us around).

When a feud for the IC belt heats up, gets decided in a ladder match (not a streetfight, not last man standing).

Vince isn't as creative as he thinks he is.

What? When was the last time any of these happened?

#1-norm-fan
09-24-2013, 12:21 AM
I like the idea of this topic. The things in the original post are not THAT common though.

scatterbrain28
09-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Champion may lose belt in elimination matches though.

Ultra Mantis
09-24-2013, 10:35 AM
There's been a grand total of one intercontinental title ladder match in the last five years, and that was at a TLC PPV.

The Condor
09-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Gimmick matches have mostly lost their luster.

Ruien
09-24-2013, 10:53 AM
There are only 2 or 3 real contenders in the large, over the top rope, matches.

Nowhere Man
09-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Kane's turnbuckle pyro can be used as an indicator as to whether he's going to win or lose the match. If he sets off the pyro as part of his entrance, then he's going to lose. If he saves it for later, then he's going to win (or at least come out on top at the end of the segment).

Tom Guycott
09-24-2013, 12:28 PM

... anymore. Used to be a "veteran" move, or "ensured" against a kick-out much like that "running in place" thing used to sell holding a schoolboy pin. Now, nobody pins "regular" unless they just killed the guy with a finisher + chair, or they're "exhausted" after a lenghty PPV bout.

Savio
09-24-2013, 12:52 PM
There's been a grand total of one intercontinental title ladder match in the last five years, and that was at a TLC PPV.
Yeah but he said "heats up" there hasn't been a hot IC feud in the past 5+ years.

Wehttam
09-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Champion may lose belt in elimination matches though.
wtf is this a response to?

scatterbrain28
09-24-2013, 02:28 PM
wtf is this a response to?

This one:

Wehttam
09-24-2013, 04:47 PM
so you are replying to yourself.....

Heisenberg
09-24-2013, 06:04 PM
We've gone on w/o a Tito Santana gimmick for too long, now we are getting 2 to supplement the break in time.

Mr. Nerfect
09-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Looking forward to Los Matadores. I hope they have something really cool planned that makes the universe mark out and they become the hottest tag act in wrestling.

Juan
09-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Yeah but he said "heats up" there hasn't been a hot IC feud in the past 5+ years.

Jericho/Mysterio

DAMN iNATOR
10-01-2013, 12:48 PM
[quote=scatterbrain28;4305178]You watch WWE for a while, you notice things that are way too consistent:

If there is a match with more than 3 people competing (Fatal 4 way, etc.), champion always keeps the belt. ×

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xgx0tw"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgx0tw_jack-swagger-vs-cm-punk-vs-rey-mysterio-vs-big-show-part-1_sport" target="_blank">Jack Swagger vs CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio vs Big...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/SmackDown54" target="_blank">SmackDown54</a></i>

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xgx0zh"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgx0zh_jack-swagger-vs-cm-punk-vs-rey-mysterio-vs-big-show-part-2_sport" target="_blank">Jack Swagger vs CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio vs Big...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/SmackDown54" target="_blank">SmackDown54</a></i>

When Undertaker goes up for the title, he doesn't get it because heel champion gets another guy to interfere on his behalf. ×

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WQsba4iFmhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Curd
10-01-2013, 10:21 PM
From 2009 onward, if there is about to be an act of man-on-woman violence, then another wrestler will run in and intervene (WWE and TNA, mostly).

voncouch
10-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks to WWE, I learned that the bump on the back of your skull where your spine starts is the Occipital Protuberance