PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Rock Hall Nominees.

Vastardikai
10-17-2013, 10:59 AM
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Chic
Deep Purple*
Peter Gabriel*
Hall and Oates
Kiss
LL Cool J
The Meters
Nirvana*
NWA
The Replacements
Linda Rondstadt*
Cat Stevens
Link Wray
The Zombies*

Who should go in is bolded. Who probably WILL go in has a star behind their name.

I can see the Hall finally giving a nod to one of the hard rockers. And since one of them is Kiss, they're going with Deep Purple. Both deserve it.

Nirvana is an automatic. They wanted to change the rules a few years ago to get them in early. They definitely earned it, though. This is also the other reason why Kiss isn't going in this year. They'd be the only thing possible that could top Nirvana, and they won't let ANYTHING top Nirvana.

Linda Rondstadt may get the sympathy vote because her illness has completely stopped her from singing.

I can see Peter Gabriel going in, but wouldn't be surprised if they go with Hall and Oates instead. Both are deserving, but I can see this one being a one or the other.

Same with LL Cool J and NWA. I'm hoping for NWA, but wouldn't be surprised if both get passed up.

I'm sure a spot is going to go to either Cat Stevens, Chic, or Paul Butterfield. It seems like the last two have been on every ballot from the past couple years. And Cat Stevens should have been in a while ago.

Yes is prog rock, and they already strained themselves by finally inducting Rush last year. Ain't happening.

Link Wray should be in already, but probably won't go in. The Meters or the Zombies possibly.

El Vaquero de Infierno
10-17-2013, 02:17 PM
The obvious answer is: The Replacements.

Shisen Kopf
10-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Kiss is terrible

dronepool
10-18-2013, 01:11 AM
LL Cool J sucks and NWA are cool but.. no. I don't get why they put hip hop artists in there, this isn't "the entertainment hall of fame".

slik
10-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Nirvana

Kane Knight
10-18-2013, 09:31 AM
LL Cool J sucks and NWA are cool but.. no. I don't get why they put hip hop artists in there, this isn't "the entertainment hall of fame".

Wiggers need love, too.

Kris P Lettus
10-19-2013, 01:57 PM

LL Cool J was of of the greatest MC's of the late 80's

If you look at it the way you are, then people like Johnny Cash shouldn't be in because he didn't make "rock and roll" either.

Kris P Lettus
10-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Smokey Robinson, Muddy Waters, BB King, Booker T and the MG's etc etc etc

Kris P Lettus
10-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Anything Rick Rubin produced is rock and roll

The Condor
10-19-2013, 02:25 PM
The Zombies were a fine mid-60's group. Sure.

Vastardikai
12-17-2013, 01:39 AM
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Chic
Deep Purple*
Peter Gabriel*
Hall and Oates
Kiss
LL Cool J
The Meters
Nirvana*
NWA
The Replacements
Linda Rondstadt*
Cat Stevens
Link Wray
The Zombies*

Was Who I thought should vs. Who I thought would.

After getting it confirmed from Rolling Stone, the 2014 Class of Inductees of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame are...

Nirvana
Peter Gabriel
Cat Stevens
Hall and Oates
Linda Rondstadt

And...
KISS!!!!!!!!!!

Blonde Moment
12-17-2013, 11:01 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Kiss !!!! About time!!

Seth82
12-17-2013, 02:42 PM
really surprised Linda Rondstadt wasn't in yet.

as for Kiss - it had better be just Gene, Peter, Ace & Paul as they are the Definitive lineup when people think of the band

Fignuts
12-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Fuck is LL Cool J doing on there?

Cool King
12-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Wow, nice.

Everyone but one that I would have liked to seen gone in, has.

Congratulations to all of them. :y:

The Condor
12-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Next year for the Zombies.

Black Widow
12-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Nirvana.
http://img.pandawhale.com/24610-Yes-Yes-Yes-K8BF.gif

Nicky Fives
12-18-2013, 03:09 PM
KISS!!!!

parkmania
04-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Michael Stipe, Bruce Springsteen, Chris Martin and Tom Morello will be among the inductors and performers at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony in New York on April 10th.

Stipe, a longtime friend of Kurt Cobain, will induct Nirvana. Springsteen will induct -- and perform with -- The E Street Band. Chris Martin of Coldplay will put Peter Gabriel into the Hall, while KISS will be inducted by Morello.

Glenn Frey will induct Linda Ronstadt, who will be celebrated in performance by Stevie Nicks, Carrie Underwood, Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow and Emmylou Harris. As previously reported, Questlove of The Roots will induct Hall and Oates. The duo will also perform. Peter Asher will induct managers Brian Epstein and Andrew Loog Oldham. No one has yet been announced to induct Cat Stevens.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony will take place April 10th at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. It will air May 31st on HBO.

Read more: http://www.1059thex.com/onair/whip-73/12214298#ixzz2xp11rd8e