PDA

View Full Version : Sin Cara* returns on Monday Night RAW

GD
12-03-2013, 02:21 AM
Heeeeeee's baaaaack!

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_profile/public/talent/profile/2012/02/hunico_1_full.png

And on his return, he defeated the man who defended the World Heavyweight title at Wrestlemania - "The Mexican Aristocrat" Alberto Del Rio. What a grand way to come back to Monday Night RAW.

It seems like a match against Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania XXX is eminent. Feel free to post your opinions :wave:

KaosDarksol
12-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Honestly if he was to continue portraying Sin Cara I would want him to go back to being Sin Cara Negro, but I would like for him to actually work as Hunico and maybe have a style more like Eddie Guerrero.

Purgatory
12-03-2013, 04:05 PM
As long as they keep Hunico under the mask and get rid of the other jobber who was previously disgracing it.

XL
12-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Kinda feel like Hunico wouldn't be getting the credit he deserves if he's under the mask. Maybe they do Mask vs. Mask at Mania?

Cool King
12-03-2013, 04:23 PM
I both like and dislike this.

I like it as the character of Sin Cara might now be taken seriously and also Hunico is now getting some ring time and possibly a WrestleMania match with Mysterio, which is great.

I don't like it because I actually liked the Hunico character. Music, gimmick, looks, everything. Hunico was great. But with him under the mask, the man himself sadly won't be getting any televised credit for his greatness. I also don't like it as we all know it's Hunico portraying Sin Cara now. Mostly due to Hunico's tattoo. If they had covered it up, maybe by giving Sin Cara attire on the top half of his body, then we would have no idea it was Hunico.

Also, I don't know it's true, but I've been coming across a few forums that are saying that as Raw was live last night, the real Sin Cara (Místico) was spotted in Mexico City, checking into some restaurant. If true, then even if the WWE did manage to cover Hunico's tattoo, Místico would have gave the game away anyway.

mike adamle
12-03-2013, 04:26 PM
I just hope Mistico gets to face Mysterio at WrestleMania. It'd be cool if Hunico took over after, but Mistico-Mysterio is such a huge match in Mexico that it really needs to happen.

Kingofdaswing
12-03-2013, 04:37 PM
WWE has been thinking of breaking the world record for most people wearing a mask in an arena for a long time now. Cara vs Mysterio is a given. I just hope they build it the right way.

Emperor Smeat
12-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Also, I don't know it's true, but I've been coming across a few forums that are saying that as Raw was live last night, the real Sin Cara (Místico) was spotted in Mexico City, checking into some restaurant. If true, then even if the WWE did manage to cover Hunico's tattoo, Místico would have gave the game away anyway.

Mistico was sending out tweets during last night about eating in restaurants and working out. Supposedly he's also been sending out feelers to promotions in Mexico for possible future work.

XL
12-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Ok, so they've solved the Sin Cara problem by bringing somebody in who's less injury prone (but has been injured for the last year).

Only one question remains; Who do they get to replace Mysterio?

Emperor Smeat
12-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Samuray del Sol who got renamed as Kalisto for NXT. Think he's only had 1 appearance although not sure if he's in the next set of tapings.

Signed him a few months ago and unlike El Generico, they let him keep the mask.

GD
12-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Ok, so they've solved the Sin Cara problem by bringing somebody in who's less injury prone (but has been injured for the last year).

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_classics/public/talent/profile/2013/08/samizayn_1_full_20130726.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_profile/public/talent/profile/2012/02/evanbourne_3_full.png

Cool King
12-03-2013, 08:05 PM

I like it as the character of Sin Cara might now be taken seriously and also Hunico is now getting some ring time and possibly a WrestleMania match with Mysterio, which is great.

I don't like it because I actually liked the Hunico character. Music, gimmick, looks, everything. Hunico was great. But with him under the mask, the man himself sadly won't be getting any televised credit for his greatness. I also don't like it as we all know it's Hunico portraying Sin Cara now. Mostly due to Hunico's tattoo. If they had covered it up, maybe by giving Sin Cara attire on the top half of his body, then we would have no idea it was Hunico.

I forgot to mention another thing that I like about Hunico being Sin Cara.

I like that the Sin Cara character can now talk, and it being in English. So hopefully he will talk soon and maybe tell us all a bit about himself, and we'll no longer have to guess how he feels by his finger wagging, head shaking and arm tensing.

Curd
12-03-2013, 08:13 PM
I forgot to mention another thing that I like about Hunico being Sin Cara.

I like that the Sin Cara character can now talk, and it being in English. So hopefully he will talk soon and maybe tell us all a bit about himself, and we'll no longer have to guess how he feels by his finger wagging, head shaking and arm tensing.

LOL, you have a point about Mistico-Cara being like a puppy in that regard.

I welcome Hunico-Cara with open arms.

Corndad
12-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Sin Cara, no matter who is under the mask, should be no where near a Wrestlemania Card with the amount of people they have to leave off already? Hell they were cutting matches last year. The Intercontinental Title was on the Pre-show for god sake.

GD
12-03-2013, 10:03 PM
I miss the Sin Cara negro theme with the elephant cry.

Lock Jaw
12-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Hunico can be ten times more successful without the mask if they let him.

The full face mask is the kiss of death. Unless you are La Parka, it is impossible to remain over for a long period of time wearing a full mask. People can't see your feelings or emotions, they can't "connect" with you.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-04-2013, 01:36 AM

He's getting credit for his greatness by the people who count: WWE officials. I bet they've wanted to do this for a long time. It's just that he got hurt so they had to put it off. Mistico could have been fired a year ago if Hunico didn't get hurt.

Just hope the lid being blown off this doesn't mean they cancel this push.

Mr. Nerfect
12-04-2013, 05:01 AM
It is Hunico portraying the character? I've always been a Hunico supporter, so this makes me happy since it means that Jorge Arias might get a shot to show the world what a talent he can be. The dude is so fucking smooth in the ring -- it's pretty great to watch him work. Sadly, it doesn't really feel like it is "his" character to portray. I'd probably have enjoyed it more if they had brought him up under a different character and had him represent the Mexican people in his own way.

#1-norm-fan
12-04-2013, 05:43 AM
Everyone's missing the important issue here.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR CAMACHO???

Bad News Gertner
12-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Sin Cara, no matter who is under the mask, should be no where near a Wrestlemania Card with the amount of people they have to leave off already? Hell they were cutting matches last year. The Intercontinental Title was on the Pre-show for god sake.

Yes, but Mysterio vs Hunicara would be a big international draw. From a business point of view it should be on the card. Plus it'll be a great match. Hunico can flat out go.

Bad News Gertner
12-04-2013, 05:47 AM

Camacho Man!

Oooooooo siiiiiii!

Curd
12-04-2013, 08:35 PM
If Cara-Hunico begins speaking, then Bad News Barrett can take credit for coaching him to speak publicly. Make it a shyness issue instead of a language barrier that prevented him from speaking so you don't have people protesting a "racial" angle.

GD
12-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Bad news Barrett is a terrible gimmick. I hate it.

Cool King
12-05-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm going to give it some time before I give a 100% verdict on Barrett's gimmick, but at the moment, I'm with you.

I'm not really a fan of it, but we'll see where it goes.

Bad News Gertner
12-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Bad News Gertner has been quite the talk of TPWW. I wonder when he'll come around next?

Ultra Mantis
12-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Bad News Barrett is actually pretty entertaining on the web series but the execution of the character on TV is just awful.

XL
12-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Somebody post something of his from the web show.

Shadrick
12-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Bad News Gerter? Why isn't it Gertner?

The Naitch
12-05-2013, 03:36 PM
does he still botch something every time he enters the ring? haven't watched in a while fill me in

The Naitch
12-05-2013, 03:37 PM
why do Mexican wrestlers dress up as cholos all the time? played out bra played out

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Camacho could "take out" Hunico in an act of ultimate bro-trayal and become a super-serious heel who talks about how he's only out for business for himself. He can reveal that he wasn't even Mexican and go back to his Donny Marlow persona. Maybe Alberto Del Rio can offer the guy a spot as his new enforcer.

FourFifty
12-06-2013, 02:48 AM

http://s1.hulkshare.com/song_images/original/4/e/e/4ee07c2306d2f9ad81e030c458e8f5c6.jpg

Bad News Gertner
12-06-2013, 03:00 AM
Dealer's Choice.

Shadrick
12-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Gotta be honest, I love Gertners new gimmick

Innovator
12-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Camacho's gimmick should just be the son of Haku, who embodies every story ever told about his father.

The One
12-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Mistico should have stayed in Mexico. His style was never going to fit in WWE. Injuries aside, he was doomed from day one.

As for the "Sin Cara"/Mysterio match at Mania? Eh, sure I guess. Except, is anyone really going to care? Sin Cara has never been really over other than being "That other masked guy" and Mysterio seems to only be over with kids these days. Plus, this whole setting a world record goal that keeps getting tossed around? How are they going to count who is and who isn't wearing a mask. I promise you, even if you hand out free masks, a LOT of people aren't going to put it on and obstruct their view of an event they spent money on to watch live. The only upside I see to this, is it opens the door for potentially hundreds if not thousands of people throwing masks in the ring - which at Mania - that could be a really cool moment.

Actually, come to think of it, if they did a luchas de apuestas mascara contra mascara, and Rey-Rey lost, but to spare him his honor the crowd tossed their free masks in the ring for him to use to cover his face (despite having already shown his face in WCW), it would be an huge "WrestleMania Moment" - but for that to work, you'd have to assume the crowd WOULD do that, and I don't know how you could short of staging dummies in the audience who try and get others around them to do the same...

Cool King
12-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Plus, this whole setting a world record goal that keeps getting tossed around? How are they going to count who is and who isn't wearing a mask. I promise you, even if you hand out free masks, a LOT of people aren't going to put it on and obstruct their view of an event they spent money on to watch live.

I don't think they would need to keep the masks on throughout the entire event.

They would probably just have to keep the masks on for a short period of time, which would be all up to the adjudicator from Guinness World Records. If I were to guess, I'd say that they would have to keep the masks on for around a minute or maybe just during the Mysterio/Cara match.

One way to count the masks would probably be to analyse footage of the camera panning across the crowd while everyone is wearing the masks, that the WWE would supply or Guinness World Records would record themselves. During the analysing of the footage, if anyone is spotted not wearing a mask, it would be deducted from the attendance record.

Guinness World Records do have ways of doing these things. If they didn't, then a lot of records probably wouldn't exist.

The One
12-07-2013, 10:57 AM
I don't think they would need to keep the masks on throughout the entire event.

They would probably just have to keep the masks on for a short period of time, which would be all up to the adjudicator from Guinness World Records. If I were to guess, I'd say that they would have to keep the masks on for around a minute or maybe just during the Mysterio/Cara match.

One way to count the masks would probably be to analyse footage of the camera panning across the crowd while everyone is wearing the masks, that the WWE would supply or Guinness World Records would record themselves. During the analysing of the footage, if anyone is spotted not wearing a mask, it would be deducted from the attendance record.

Guinness World Records do have ways of doing these things. If they didn't, then a lot of records probably wouldn't exist.

I suppose so. I guess I just see difficulties when judging something like that. Most Guinness World Records are done intentionally, with all participants knowing they are going for a goal - this would be more like WWE trying to achieve a goal, and hoping the audience plays along...even if it is for only a minute or so.

I just looked into it, the current record was set May 10th, 2011, at Angel's Stadium in Anaheim. The Angels passed out masks with logos on it, 31,773 people in attendance, and the ushers counted 4,693 people not wearing masks, which gives a current record of 27,080. Considering the Superdome is going to be able to hold 75,000+ for WrestleMania, so they will set the record by a wide margin if even half the people agree...and let's assume 50% minimum will participate for a little bit.

Still, I gotta ask, other than hearing Michael Cole mention it on Raw every other time Cara or Rey-Rey comes out, is there any real benefit? Do either guy get over from this? Aren't there more profitable matches to make with Rey-Rey's final couple Mania matches?

This is just another one of those "records" WWE gets to shove down our throats, like "longest running weekly episodic show on television." As though anyone watching gives a shit about some trivial corporate benchmark. Maybe that's why I'm so pessimistic about this, I get annoyed hearing announcer tell me about records over and over again trying to hype a show that I'm already watching...

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Tovo is exactly right. I love Hunico's/Sin Cara's and Rey Mysterio's work as much as the next guy, but is having them wrestle each other just for the sake of some silly record worth it? Rey should get involved in a personal feud that matters, and he could really put over a young heel quite strongly around WrestleMania time.

#1-norm-fan
12-09-2013, 06:06 PM
That card is gonna be stacked. You could easily fill it with epic matches that don't feel like they could be thrown on Raw or Smackdown. I'd rather see Rey vs Sin Cara than some mundane Rey vs generic heel #354 free TV kinda match. The feud with Cody leading up to their WM match was pretty great and the match didn't end up catapulting Cody to another stratosphere or anything.

Forget about the actual record. Even if there was no talk of the record, I still think Sin Cara vs Rey is the best match they could do on the show. And just because he isn't a heel doesn't mean Sin Cara wouldn't get a huge rub from beating Rey in a sea of masks in the same old school lucha match that Rey basically introduced to the U.S. nearly 20 years ago.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2013, 06:24 PM
I'd like to see the match, don't get me wrong, but I'm just wondering if it's the best option they have in front of them. Let's see how over Sin Cara can get and whether or not he and Rey have that chemistry.