where applicable, please provide specific examples of goodness or non-goodness

Lock Jaw
12-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Good:

Tag Team Division
The Shield
Wyatt Family
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan (less good than when he was in the tag team division)
NXT

Non-good:

The main event picture
Ryback
Curtis Axel
The Miz

Everything else falls in between good and non-good

Cool King
12-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Good:

Tag Team Division
The Shield
Wyatt Family
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan (less good than when he was in the tag team division)
NXT

Non-good:

The main event picture
Ryback
Curtis Axel
The Miz

Everything else falls in between good and non-good

http://i.imgur.com/w6fKz8T.png

Cool King
12-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Also, Goldust is <s>good</s> great.

Bad News Gertner
12-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Rybaxel are fucking great. Should be squashing those vanilla midgets.

JimmyMess
12-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Goldust is the face of the WWE

#1-norm-fan
12-07-2013, 03:16 PM
The Ryb part of Rybaxel is good. The other part is non-good.

Cool King
12-07-2013, 03:19 PM
The axel part of Rybaxel is good. The other part is non-good.

#1-norm-fan
12-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Both parts have been booked incredibly non-good. But in the axel parts' case, it's because he shouldn't be booked at all.

#1-norm-fan
12-07-2013, 03:31 PM
The Ryb part should be getting booked more like Hulk Hogan.

The axel part should be getting booked more like Dennis Stamp.

James Steele
12-07-2013, 03:33 PM
I've thoroughly enjoyed the aggregate product WWE has been producing for the past several months.

#1-norm-fan
12-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Fag

dronepool
12-08-2013, 06:38 AM
WWE was 'better' around Julys last RAW to post-Hell In A Cell RAW- after that Daniel Bryan and CM Punk became meh, Orton vs Cena again, Miz flip flopping, Big Show, blah, blah, blah boring since then.

Goldust is the most exciting "sports entertainer" there now... which is good- but for a 3 hour show RAW is like 15 min of decent or cool stuff and the rest is usually filled with filler, mediocre crap and recaps of recaps.

XL
12-08-2013, 03:13 PM
If you like tag wrestling there are some really good tag/6 man tag matches being put on right now.

If you like long matches there are usually 2 pretty lengthy matches every Raw.

If you like definitive results/story progress it's been pretty bad.

Emperor Smeat
12-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Overall it pretty much feels like the typical WWE just coasting along till the Rumble but has enough good stuff going on to balance out the bad stuff.

Axel's bad reign as the IC champ has been replaced by the better Big E vs Sandow feud.

The overall Authority angle has been pretty bad lately but the Shield vs Rhodes, Shield vs Punk, and Wyatts vs Bryan feuds have been pretty interesting.

NXT has become really great and maybe the best overall show the WWE has right now.

Cool King
12-08-2013, 03:57 PM
I feel like I'm the only guy here who likes Axel but isn't really a fan of Big E.

Everyone seems to really like Big E but not care for Axel. :-\

XL
12-08-2013, 04:06 PM
I'd have cared for Axel in a tag team with Ted DiBiase, Jr.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Longer matches because of three-hour raw so it's pretty good if they have the right match-ups.

XL
12-08-2013, 04:51 PM
I find myself skipping a lot of the inring action. Guess I'm too used to TV being used to build towards a match at the PPV. Can't stomach the full 3 hours of Raw.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2013, 05:16 AM
I really like Curtis Axel. I can understand the complaints about him, but I feel he has suffered from the same thing that a lot of mid-carders suffer from -- he was put in there with some main event guys who he wasn't on the level of and it sort of washed away any momentum he had. The feud with Paul Heyman took up more of Axel's time than being the IC Champion.

Not sold on Big E. yet either. I like him enough -- he shows an intriguing charisma at times -- but his ring skills kind of leave me a bit bored. I'd definitely give Langston a bit longer with the IC Title, though. Axel had his run and now needs to do something else. I am glad that he's been given yet another opportunity to hover around and be relevant.

Bad News Gertner
12-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Langston is tremendous.

Axel has only gotten decent because Ryback's greatness has rubbed off on Axel.

Cool King
12-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Not sold on Big E. yet either. I like him enough -- he shows an intriguing charisma at times -- but his ring skills kind of leave me a bit bored. I'd definitely give Langston a bit longer with the IC Title, though. Axel had his run and now needs to do something else. I am glad that he's been given yet another opportunity to hover around and be relevant.

Personally, I've not really seen much charisma from Big E. The past two weeks he's been at the announce table on Raw, I've been finding him really boring.

He comes across to me as not being that confident when he's given a live mic.

Kingofdaswing
12-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Good

Daniel Bryan - Best Wrestler in the WWE, no doubt will win the rumble aNd challange Cena at WM30.

The Shield, - Talented individuals, Awesome team. Each brings something to the table, and the subtle little "breakup" hints are very well done. Looking forward to Ambrose vs Reigns in the near future.

Wyatt Family. - Interesting characters, with lots of developmental strategies that can be used with these guys. I'm very curious to see where they take this team.

None-Good

HHH - Stephanie. Both can stay off my tv. They will never be Vince, and should stop trying.

The Miz - Waste of airtime.

Ryback - Terrible Character, terrible wrestler.

Bella Twins - Leaching off the success of their men. Can't wrestle, can't talk, waste of valuable air time that could be given to AJ Lee or Natalya.

JBL - The guy is annoying. I would take Lawler anytime, especially when he does the "What's Up" to R-Truths intro. Shut the hell up, and let us listen to the crowd reaction instead of your annoying crap.

Supreme Olajuwon
12-10-2013, 02:18 PM
So it sounds to me like you guys are saying the wrestling is pretty non-good right now.

That's not good.

Anybody Thrilla
12-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Nah man, it's pretty good.

The Naitch
12-10-2013, 09:36 PM
fill me in

Bad News Gertner
12-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Good

Daniel Bryan - Best Wrestler in the WWE, no doubt will win the rumble aNd challange Cena at WM30.

The Shield, - Talented individuals, Awesome team. Each brings something to the table, and the subtle little "breakup" hints are very well done. Looking forward to Ambrose vs Reigns in the near future.

Wyatt Family. - Interesting characters, with lots of developmental strategies that can be used with these guys. I'm very curious to see where they take this team.

None-Good

HHH - Stephanie. Both can stay off my tv. They will never be Vince, and should stop trying.

The Miz - Waste of airtime.

Ryback - Terrible Character, terrible wrestler.

Bella Twins - Leaching off the success of their men. Can't wrestle, can't talk, waste of valuable air time that could be given to AJ Lee or Natalya.

JBL - The guy is annoying. I would take Lawler anytime, especially when he does the "What's Up" to R-Truths intro. Shut the hell up, and let us listen to the crowd reaction instead of your annoying crap.

JBL is fucking amazing. You're banned from posting without running your post through me first.

Also Ryback is awesome.

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2013, 05:46 AM
JBL is the fucking best.

#1-norm-fan
12-12-2013, 01:04 AM
I have no doubt that HHH will do shit to help the creative direction of this company, if anything he will make it worse, if possible.

I have no doubt that the authority will have Cena on their side after TLC. The corporate champion, he fits the role perfectly, and will no doubt turn heel at the PPV.

This guy doesn't doubt shit, folks. Take it all to the bank.

Bad News Gertner
12-12-2013, 01:05 AM
He even doesn't doubt El Dandy

#1-norm-fan
12-12-2013, 01:08 AM
Who is he to!?

DrA
12-12-2013, 04:33 AM
I've been meaning to say this for the while, but Daniel Bryan isn't a good name for a wrestler. I would take him more seriously if his name was Hut Shouter or Rick Payne-Armstrong

Bad News Gertner
12-12-2013, 04:39 AM
Goatface Killah

DrA
12-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Alexander the Snapper

Blonde Moment
12-12-2013, 05:07 AM
Kinda Blah about wrestling right now with Bryan jobbing to Cena at Wm 30 becoming more apparent as time goes on not even the resurrection of Goldusts career can keep me interested.

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2013, 06:12 AM
This guy doesn't doubt shit, folks. Take it all to the bank.

Imagine if he's right about everything though. :eek:

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2013, 06:18 AM
And fuck everyone, I'm going to say this again: I love Curtis Axel.

I get the complaints, I really do. I watch the guy work his magic and I think "How could I make this guy interesting to other people?" and I often draw blanks. There's just something so...normal about him. I mean, he's in tremendous shape and is obviously a fantastic athlete, but he looks like a guy I'd see having a beer at my local pub. And he sort of talks like one too.

In the ring, though, I seriously think he is one of the best the WWE has. Everything he does is so crisp and smooth. Even his facial expressions during matches are top-notch selling of whatever the situation is. It's just that his in-ring acting ability doesn't translate to outside the ring.

But watch his match with Dolph Ziggler on Main Event this week. Tell me that Curtis Axel can't fucking work. I just don't know what he needs. Maybe he needs to turn face so that people want to invest in him. Put him against The Ryback down the track, or have Paul Heyman come back and beg Axel to let him take him back, only for Axel to tell Heyman to screw himself before slapping him in the face. Instant face heat.

Maybe Axel would do well in one of those goofy/serious mismatched tag teams. Santino Marella & Curtis Axel could very easily be an entertaining double-act on RAW and SmackDown. Santino would get beaten down and then tag in Axel who cleans house and plays the bad-ass of the team. Santino would chuck Axel the Cobra and Axel would find different ways each week to actually use it effectively.

Mr. Nerfect
12-12-2013, 06:58 AM
I posted this in 100,001 replies, but I'll say it here too:

I wouldn't mind it if Curtis Axel turned on Ryback down the line and aligned with The Real Americans, possibly helping them to capture the WWE Tag Team Championship in the process. Axel would join Zeb Colter, who would promise to unlock the viciousness inside Axel and make him the Intercontinental Champion again. Ryback would come out and try to fight Axel, but constantly get taken down by Cesaro & Swagger, allowing Axel to constantly stand over his former "friend."

Ryback wouldn't play well with others, so when he teams with Cody Rhodes & Goldust in SmackDown six-man tag matches, he usually ends up going into business for himself and brawling with Axel outside the ring, leaving The Real Americans to clean up. He maybe finds a partner he can respect in Big E. Langston when Axel and The Real Americans screw him out of the IC Title.

Come WrestleMania time, if they want to get Hulk Hogan involved in the PPV, then it would seem almost too fitting that he gets involved with Zeb Colter and his crew. I mean, their faction has the same name as his theme song! The Real Americans vs. Ryback, Big E. Langston and a mystery partner could be the WrestleMania opener, leading to Hogan coming out as their third man. He wouldn't need to do much, but when he does get in, Axel would bump like crazy for him, and Swagger would do something dorky and stupid and get Hogan'd. Colter would get on the apron and get punched off by Hogan and sell it like a gunshot. Langston & Ryback would then get their revenge and a nice little WrestleMania moment.

Optimus Bone 69
12-14-2013, 09:15 PM
I watch wwe raw and only wwe raw not because its good but because it used to be amazing, i remember being slagged for watching it then all of a sudden the whole pub would go quiet at 10pm on a friday, reminds me of great times being in my 20's and not having tits

loopydate
12-15-2013, 06:33 AM
I have officially given up on wrestling. The Slammies sort of cemented that for me. The wrestling itself is usually very good - WWE has built up the most talented in-ring roster in its history - but I have zero interest in any of the stories, and the ones that do momentarily capture my imagination inevitably get turned into something terrible. Sometimes it takes months for that to happen, but a long awesome build with a cringe-inducing payoff is almost worse than a story that was crap to begin with.