PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Nolan's Interstellar (2014)

slik
12-14-2013, 02:51 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nyc6RJEEe0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

parkmania
12-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Saw this last night when I went to see The Hobbit, and my and my wife's general consensus was "Wha??" and "This trailer is out a YEAR ahead???"

Lock Jaw
12-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Neat. I have no idea what this is about.

dronepool
12-15-2013, 03:40 AM
It looks interesting...

slik
01-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Read the 2008 first draft of the script last night (when Jonathan Nolan wrote it for Spielberg, who eventually passed). Things will get tinkered with and altered but I'm hoping a lot of the structure/ideas are there in the 2014 version.

Very ambitious film. Not really sure how to describe it other than '2001: A Space Odyssey meets Contact'. If anyone is interested in reading it, shoot me a pm.

Swiss Ultimate
01-02-2014, 08:50 PM
I just want to see space battles. Is that so wrong?

Krimzon7
01-09-2014, 10:12 AM
I just want to see space battles. Is that so wrong?

I read the script in one sitting. Took about 4 hours. I was entertained. It's very VERY daring. I want to see some of these scenes fully realized. There are some points I am less interested in, but as a whole this movie looks interesting.

I'm sorry Bro, there aren't any space battles.

slik
07-30-2014, 06:05 PM
New Trailer

<iframe width='480' height='281' src='http://www.indiewire.com/embed/player.jsp?videoId=00000147-8866-d7f0-a75f-bd7f65ec0000&width=480' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen/>

slik
07-30-2014, 06:07 PM
New Trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P0RFu-NoQkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slik
07-30-2014, 11:50 PM
I think it looks incredible so far.

slik
10-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Latest Trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0vxOhd4qlnA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slik
10-29-2014, 02:06 AM
Early reviews primarily favorable.

Seems like the film will be a visual masterpiece.

Lock Jaw
10-29-2014, 02:10 AM
Comes out soon.... don't really know too much about it.... might go see it anyways. Been awhile since I watched a movie in the theaters.

road doggy dogg
10-29-2014, 04:59 PM
Trailer has too much "wahhhhhh family" crap... should be about end of world, don't need family crap to make it more dramatic... 3rd trailer a lot better for that thank god

El Vaquero de Infierno
10-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Nolan usually brings the goods, so I'll be going to see it next week when the film is released.

slik
11-05-2014, 04:14 PM
I like the song in the trailer, found the full-length version.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BAzCf0ascW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

El Vaquero de Infierno
11-07-2014, 05:18 AM
A couple of hours until I see the film.

Sixx
11-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Wasn't there supposed to be some new Age of Ultron trailer with copies of this here film?

El Vaquero de Infierno
11-07-2014, 12:45 PM
So I just got back from it. I enjoyed the film a lot; though the film is nearly 3 hours it does not drag. The last 30 mins or so are kind of strange; I'm not really sold on how it resolves.

If you go into the film expecting an action movie you will be disappointed, as there is very little in the way of "action."

P.S.
As the film was ending, the woman sitting behind me was sniffling and tearing up. I'm not quite sure if that is a good or a bad thing. lol

Sixx
11-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Fucker. So was there a new AoU trailer or not?

El Vaquero de Infierno
11-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Nope. There were Hunger Games and Jupiter Ascending trailers, but no Avengers' one.

Requiem
11-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Didn't realize this was out today. Really wanna see it but my friends are busy. Might just get really stoned and go see it alone.

slik
11-09-2014, 06:52 PM
I thought it was very ambitious and at times excellent but also over the place in the last third and bordering being incomprehensible.

I liked it overall and recommend it but I'm not crazy about the last third of the film what so ever, purely from narrative stance.

Lock Jaw
11-09-2014, 07:45 PM
I too just got back from this movie. I must agree with the fact that I enjoyed it greatly for the most part until the last 30 minutes or so.

Pretty much
After Cooper goes into the black hole, it becomes a bit of a mess. Also, saw the "twist" that he was the "ghost" coming miles away.

Another question: At the end, Murphy tells Cooper he should go be with Brand and help settle that planet. Wasn't the whole point of "Plan A" that they would ALL go through the wormhole to settle on the new planet? Instead, they are all just hanging out in a space station and leaving Brand alone and isolated, thinking Plan A was a fake, and trying to enact Plan B by herself.

Also, when they went to cryo-sleep the first time in the movie, I half expected them to awaken on that terrible planet of the apes.

JimmyMess
11-11-2014, 11:45 PM
This was pretty epic and I enjoyed every minute of it. It is science fiction but it was damned impressive shit

mitch_h
11-22-2014, 02:42 PM
I liked the film overall but I thought that the ending was too pat, too nice, too literal, and felt like Spielberg. I liked when McConaughey entered the "fifth dimension", the tesseract reminded me of Borges and I thought it Nolan made a bold narrative decision.

I didn't, however, like his return to our four dimensional reality, starting with the overdone and over-convenient waking in a hospital bed. And then he is able to see his daughter right before her death before setting off to find Anne Hathaway. I would have liked a more abstract and bitter-sweet catharsis.

I also thought the decision to make Casey Affleck a bit of a psychopath, and the whole burning of the crops to be a cheap attempt to build unnecessary tension. Plus the hug after Murph quickly explains that the ghost is their father and the proof is in a spasmodic watch was the biggest face palm moment.

I had some other nitpicky complaints, but I did like this. 8/10

road doggy dogg
11-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Not really a "ton" of spoilers here but I'll tag it just to be safe because this is one of those movies where I would absolutely hate to ruin the experience of someone who wants to see it but hasn't yet and can't help themselves but to read stuff. Well actually, I guess there's a few big spoilers, so WHATEVERS

I absolutely loved it. Some of the shots were incredible. When they were approaching Saturn there and you could just see the ship drifting silently in space with fucking SATURN just lingering behind them... amazing.

A lot of the conflicts etc were kinda meh but I loved the feel and ambition of the movie. There was one scene I was really kind of disappointed with. There was a bit of a "reveal" moment when they were getting off the crazy water planet (HOLY SHIT THOSE WAVES AHHH) and they just got back on the ship and they were all "how long were we gone?"; "23 years"... like.. holy fuck. Mind blown there, I couldn't process right away. It felt like that giant time lapse was a bit glossed over. IN OBVIOUS FAIRNESS, movie's 3 hours long so I GET IT but I wish they gave that a bit more weight. I dunno.

Was "on the edge of my seat" during a lot of the space stuff even though it was your kind of standard sci-fi stuff I guess.. the rotating docking scene, like you knew OBVS they would pull it off but was still pretty intense.

Loved all the "in space" shots of the ship when the sound would be out or w/e. Made it really feel like it was desperate and isolated.

I don't know. Great. Loved it. Many various "feels" throughout the movie.

Lock Jaw
11-26-2014, 12:01 AM
Watched the trailers in this thread... Glad I didn't watch them before I saw it... Might have to start not watching trailers for more movies....